"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual
Pronouns: she/her

alittledizzy wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 11:06 pm
:42 - You have a secret wife.
Yes. Her name is Lorraine and she has firm boobs. (Wow, can’t believe Janice and Sabrina are both out of the picture. How much alimony is that man paying?)

:55 - You haven’t been to a gay club since coming out.
Correct. He doesn’t like clubs because he doesn’t like dancing. He prefers gay bars or gay video game nights. Or a gay safari.

1:25 - You see a therapist.
He does not, but Dan really thinks he should for his anxiety.

1:44 - You don’t edit your videos.
He does because he’s a control freak, but if he did he could make more videos so he might.

2:08 - A little behind the scenes verbal fumbling
2:20 - Editing Phil.

2:29 - You read your indirects.
He doesn’t, but he takes a peek while answering and calls Thomas Sanders sexy.

2:50 - You’ve had something going on off-camera that you have not talked to us about.
Yes. All year he’s been dealing with a “strange form of dizziness” that goes from very bad to slightly like on a boat. Today is an on a boat day. He’s had five scans and they think it’s something about a compressed nerve throwing off his balance. They’ve been finding ways for his nerves to chill out and he isn’t on the sofa 50% of the time. He also had the entire back of his head numbed but it has helped. Not fully to the bottom of it yet, but he feels more himself now thn he was.

3:45 - You made something a very bright color in the new house.
He chose a bright green color for the sofa (in what I assume is their cozy lounge/gaming area?)

3:58 - You’re platinum rank in Apex Legends.
He plays for an hour every day but he’s still bad. He once got to gold (and shows his character page).

4:06 - You have another fish but haven’t told us as Norman can’t be replaced.
Fishspiracy. There is no secret fish, but Dan has the pretentious hobby of aquascaping which means making and looking at fish takes. He is currently making a fish tank at the moment but there won’t be another fish until Dan finishes crafting the tank.

4:41 - You are a Disney gay.
He is not. He likes Disney but he wasn’t brought up with it.

4:51 - Your parents both speak like the queen.
His mum is very Northern and his dad is from the south. Now living in London he sounds more like his dad.

5:10 - You dress your top half first.
He emphatically says no because what if there was a fire and you ran out with your ass hanging out.

5:21 - I feel like you’re a Niall girl.
Harry was nicest to him when they met so that stuck with him. Harry was his fave.

5:34 - You probably say yello when answering the phone.
“You assume I answer the phone? Do you even know who I am?”

5:40 - You’re the person who makes others feel comfortable at a gathering or party by either talking or engaging.
He thinks he does that out of awkwardness for himself. If he senses someone else feels awkward, he feels awkward and talks. He likes to make people feel included if they seem left out.

5:59 - You were popular in high school.
He was more of an in-betweener that had a mixed group of friends.

6:20 - You’re def the first guy to stand up on a plane when it lands to grab your overhead luggage.
Phil is offended. He’d rather sit and play his Switch until it’s time to go.

6:38 - You’d be a really lovely dog owner. V responsible and kind xxx (from Louise Pentland)
If he did have a little hound, he’d dedicate his entire life to it.

6:53 - You shop at M&S.
He wants to know what that implies, but says he’ll go in there for the Percy Pigs or Santa’s Yumnut. (wtf?)

7:03 Your online persona is not the same as your in person persona.
He seems upset that someone thinks that, but acknowledges a lot of youtubers have a persona. He says people are always shocked he’s so similar to how he is in his videos. If he were pretending he’d have a hard time making videos because it would be draining. In real life he just has a little less energy, no jumputs, and more swearing.

7:38 - Your name is PHILLIP.
He is offended, again. He is a Philip with one l.

7:59 - You have cold, clammy hands.
They are cold but not clammy.

8:06 - Half of the assumptions have been about what you like doing or not with your ass.
“You would be correct.” He wonders why people assume something stereotypically based on people’s personality. He also says the assumptions were about 50/50 in his inbox, and he doesn’t know what that says, but it shouldn’t say anything.

8:20 - You don’t know what a monotreme is.
He does not, and googles it. (It’s an animal.)

8:47 - Editing Phil shows back up to do the ending.
"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual

kavat wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 8:12 pm I finally had the opportunity to watch it again and jot down some thoughts

- His hair is getting really long again, the Zayn curl is out in full force
- The subtle text "dan will not throw you out now" over the pig plinth footage cracked me up. Is dan stealing the pig the knew vase joke?
- How many wives has he had now? At least three in the past five years right?
- My first thought when the gay club was mentioned was the Phil in the club video, so very pleased that he used that footage
- The way he says "Dan really think I should [see a therapist]"... Why do I get the feeling this is a conversation they have weekly.
- If hiring an editor would make things easier for him, I'm 100% here for it. Or just bribe Dan to do it in exchange for... snacks
- Phil not reading indirects feels safe, thank you buddy. Nice to know
- Health talk. Glad he's talking about it even if he absolutely has no obligation too. You'd think it would make people get off his back a little but I have a feeling people will forget all about it and demand more content in about a week. It seems like he's been going to the doctors a lot with this and the glue incident, which can't have been fun for him.
- SOFA PIC. I knew they had a proper lounge room, no way that other sitting room was where they watch movies and play video games. It looks so comfy, like you'd melt right into it.
- Love that Dan keeps nerding out about aquariums many months after Norman passed. A big fish tank definitely fits into the decor style of this place!
- Phil admitting to not being a disney gay when he's been in two (2) different disney productions is kinda funny
- Nice to know the dog bullying is coming from his irl friends too
- I don't know what santa's yum nut is and at this point I'm afraid to ask
- Absolutely love his answer to the ass question. "I don't know what that says but it shouldn't say anything".
- And in all that chaos he just didn't record an outro. Classic. (or conspiracy :tinfoil: he did but referenced something he ended up cutting so it was just easier to scrap it)
"Why am I left-handed?"
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual

Catallena wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:16 pm Thought I'd make an actually nice post about Phil's video because I really loved it a lot and also I need some distraction. :thumb:

- First, he looked very good. The quiff has gotten longer again and the pastelly minty green hoodie, though imo far too warm for this time of the year, suited him very well.
- Turns out Phil was really onto something by putting the golden pig on that shiny iridescent table. It takes two items that are tacky, and balances them against each other. Which then somehow works?? It looks nice in his background.
- The secret wife thing has gotten old tbh.
- Love him for using that clip from PHIL IN THE CLUB, cause that's instantly where my mind went at that question/assumption.
- Phil never having been to a therapist is FASCINATING. Not entirely surprising though. In my mind Dan is totally The Nagging Wife trope and Guy Who Recently Discovered Therapy regarding his attempts to get Phil into therapy. And it amuses me.
- Phil doesn't check his indirects and the entire phandom breathed a sigh of relief before realizing we never use his full name anyway.
- Oh poor Phil. That seems awful and scary, and hell to go through while you're moving into a new place (which was taking forever) and your like-actual-soulmate is releasing a book and stuff. Not to mention the extra hospital trip during glue eating incident...
- Ok that lounge is kinda sexy I love it. I want the color of that sofa for my walls.
- "DAN HAS TAKEN UP THE PRETENTIOUS HOBBY OF AQUASCAPING" that was sending me even if this video had been bad it'd have been worth it for phil's loving trash talking of dan alone
- What are some of these assumptions?? Phil is only a Disney Gay whenever they hand him a cheque for sponning Disney+ or playing a singing gorilla, I thought that was obvious? Phil has no Disney Adult vibes how dare that person.
- I sometimes forget they've met a ton of celebrities while working for Radio 1, and that somehow only 1D was important enough to talk about in TABINOF.
- The way Phil looked into the camera when he said he doesn't answer the phone at all was really funny to me idk why.
- lol bless him but no offense who thought Phil was popular in school?
- He was so offended about someone thinking he's plane pleb lmao. Phil has paid for his 1st Class airplane seat and he's gonna sit his butt in it for as long as possible. As he should!
- Louise mentioning a dog seems kinda weird and random and I'd find it suspicious if not for Dan's new hobby. I think we're still in the dnp fish era.
- Santa's... Yum Nut? good god uk get it together.
- Hmm. I think current AmazingPhil is indeed pretty close to the real deal, but imo pre-II it was a lot more of persona on camera. Or at least, it was him still stuck in who he was years ago just like his haircut. I guess that doesn't necessarily count as persona? It's true that he's not a WILDLY different person on camera though, like he's not a cynical rude asshole or something.
- Phil calling out the Top/Bottom jokes and assumptions. King!
- Please do not put a monotreme up your ass. Or someone elses idk.
- That desk space looks so cramped I hate it.
"Why am I left-handed?"