DAN AND PHIL MASSIVE PIZZA MUKBANG (15 October 2018)

Videos posted on the AmazingPhil channel
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual
Pronouns: she/her

"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual

alittledizzy wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:49 am I felt like I needed to timestamp the video to really help process it. Not the most insightful timestamps but I'm sure I'll have a thought more Thoughts as I watch the video again having actually accepted that this video happens in a reality that we actually live in.

1:03 - Dan thinks a mukbang is sexual.
1:31 - They are extremely casual.
2:13 - Phil's random 'anal.'
2:43 - Dan's got his feet out.
2:55 - Start of DVD spon. They decide it might be more important than pizza.
5:20 - Pizza arrives; Phil gets up to check the intercom.
5:33 - Phil can't go because the pizza guy looks like Efron.
5:45 - Dan gets the pizza because he doesn't want anyone to see Phil's pajamas.
6:28 - The coke bottle almost hits Phil in the balls. Dan says that makes it kinky.
6:49 - Dan is the king of the dips.
7:04 - Phil is basic with his dips.
7:19 - The nugs.
7:25 - "This is us at our most vulnerable right now."
7:50 - They sit on a sofa to eat.
8:01 - Dan has very wide hips for a man.
8:08 - "The wind'll change."
8:15 - Dan has the most open hips you've ever seen.
8:23 - Chips. (Not fries. Wedges.)
8:50 - Their pizza, decided on over years of tradition. Half and half large original crust Texas bbq supreme, and the sizzler. Texas bbq is the sweet part, the sizzler and they sub tandoori chicken for ground beef. And voila.
9:41 - Phil explaining why he's ok with pizza even if he hates cheese.
10:08 - Dan doesn't like eating dinner on camera bc he doesn't like upsetting vegans. He's vegan like six days a week.
10:30 - Shoulder pat.
10:38 - Cognitive dissonance. "I am weak and flawed."
10:44 - "You look great, Phil."
11:11 - Cheers, lad.
11:22 - They sing 'since we've been back.'
11:34 - They went to the cinema once and saw First Man.
11:43 - Phil went to an art fair. "Phil's changed."
12:05 - Took a selfie with a fan in front of a giant wall of penises.
12:58 - "Are you okay?"
13:17 - Phil saying "penis wall" and Dan finding it embarrassing.
13:33 - What food means to Dan?
13:41 - Phil saying Dan's reaction to Phil's phone not being on silence.
13:50 - Dan makes a joke that Phil doesn't get.
14:11 - Replace fried food with a hearty game of tennis. (Phil mimes golf.)
14:20 - Phil's story about his friends from home not expecting Phil to be the one to go and do 'all this stuff.'
14:44 - Phil was quiet with an extroverted group of friends.
15:13 - Phil talks about anxiety; loops in his head about people judging him.
15:57 - They give a regularly given II answer about realizing everyone else is more concerned about themselves.
16:34 - Phil staring at Dan eating.
16:50 - Dan crying over the pizza.
17:00 - They did a lot of exercise before tour; two hours a day for - Phil says for months, Dan says one.
17:14 - "Are we gonna get a personal trainer again?"
17:31 - They did boxing. Phil is not going to a boxing gym himself.
18:11 - Dan telling Phil that people don't like being confronted about things they don't like.
18:38 - Dan asking Phil if he's proud of what they did.
18:40 - A month before tour, Dan was having a breakdown and there was too much work to do.
19:02 - They had to go straight into editing so it would be out before Christmas.
19:36 - "Are you okay?"
19:42 - He likes being funny on social media, making youtube videos, performing on stage, doing the radio "with you." but doesn't like being a full time youtuber and being compared to everybody and the algorithm.
20:31 - Phil telling Dan people just want him to be happy.
20:48 - Phil defends how Dan will make a video when he's ready.
21:02 - Phil is quite easy going when it comes to his channel.
21:17 - Phil misses tour because he gets to see people laugh in real time to jokes.
21:52 - Phil being defensive about people thinking their audience are 'one type of person.'
22:07 - Dan will miss having a purpose. (Also, Dan's hand on Phil's shoulder.)
22:22 - PS4 Spiderman is Dan's soulmate and Dan will die for him.
22:31 - Candle haul.
22:46 - Phil calls the candle that he got Dan "sexy."
23:10- Phil asking Dan if he's glad to be back in the apartment despite having a purpose.
23:18 - Dan's hand on Phil's thigh. Discussion of what type of messy/cluttered Phil is.
23:22 - Phil says he's getting better (at not being messy).
23:29 - Suspicious jumpcut after Dan says "socks."
23:45 - They both laugh over bag/sack.
22:58 - The candy corn candle is like Phil's insides.
23:37 - Phil needs a lot of things, Dan thinks he could lose all his possessions and wouldn't miss anything.
24:07 - Dan wants a stylist for events, three outfits for everyday. ("Full Zuckerberg.")
24:29 - Phil just chooses the next thing in line.
24:36 - Dan thinks Phil's pizza shirt is great.
23:49 - Scathing critique for whoever cut their pizza.
24:56 - Phil is more sensitive now. He cries more, didn't cry at stuff at 18.
25:11 - They stopped watching Handmaids Tale because Phil was harrowed
25:27 - Dan is more anxious as he gets older. He panics over everything.
25:32 - "Character progression. It's good." Dan feels like he's growing a lot as a person and isn't in a hurry to put himself out there. He's happy to be in a cocoon until he's ready to be like - *jazz hands*."
25:57 - Dan went home to visit his family. Horrible. (Phil says Dan's family are nice.)
26:11 - Dan says to anyone who knew him the first 18 years of his life, he doesn't hate them if they're watching this.
26:23 - Dan's story about hiding behind the photobooth from the girl he went to school with.
27:23 - Dan teases Phil for being Northern.
27:25 - Phil explains what 'put you on' means. (A little snack before dinner to put you on if you're really hungry.)
27:58 - Phil looks at his old house on Google maps when he's sad.
28:04 - He did that yesterday.
28:14 - Dan taunting Phil into eating another slice of pizza once he's full.
28:29 - Dan feeds Phil then shows his feet. "That's what they came for."
28:36 - Dan asks Phil if he ever feels like he doesn't have a personality. Phil says, "No." and Dan tries to immediately move on.
28:40 - Phil tells Dan he has a personalty. Dan answers back questioning if it's just one of the many faces he chooses to put on.
28:46 - "Not if you're just hanging out with me. Why would you be putting on a face?"
28:55 - Frank ig story insert. They have flea bites now.
29:03 - Ass bites.
29:08 - The flea is doing his own mukbang in flea world. "There's some fleas eating our ass and they are broadcasting themselves on fleatube."
29:17 - Dan tells Phil to rewind, talks about Phil saying eating ass. He says he was going to say eating ass in his Living my Truth video and thought it was too crude, never thought Phil would be the first one to say it.
29:35 - Dan could live without possessions, just in a hole. Phil asks if Dan would miss being soft and warm on a sofa.
29:40 - "A soft warm hole." Both of them crack up. Absolute filth.
29:51 - Phil drinks to forget.
29:58 - Phil is going to visit his parents soon; his mum told him bring a vest. He doesn't own any vests.
30:07 - Dan tells Phil to get his guns out for the north.
30:13 - Dan says Phil could pull off a vest.
30:15 - Phil arms.
30:16 - Cutest fucking exchange ever; hell yeah Phil could finish a cookie.
30:37 - Phil gets them milk.
30:54 - Phil's not getting up again to microwave the cookies.
31:13 - The conclusion part of the muk.
31:36 - Dan tells Phil he's falling apart, then says "Sleep. Sleep now."
"Why am I left-handed?"
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual

itasca00 wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:49 am Awww, that video was so perfect! It was funny and honest and genuine, and I loved every minute of it. <3 I wish I could just reach through the screen and give them both a big hug. Here are my highlights:
  • [5:05] Somehow, I'm always amused when they change words like this.
    linkies in the descrizzle
  • [6:26] I think this moment did a good job of setting the tone of the entire mukbang.
    D: *drops Coke bottle onto Phil*
    P: *cries out* That nearly hit me in the balls.
    D: Mmmm. Well, that’s making it kinky, and that’s what the people want.
    P: No. They don’t want that.
  • [7:19] Idk. This made them laugh, and it made me laugh too.
    P: Philly needs his nuggs.
  • [7:59] I'm all about this discussion on Dan's hips.
    D: I have very wide hips for a man, so this is quite comfortable for me.

D: Every day in assembly, I just used to sit like that for lolz.
    P: What a freak.
    D: And now I just have the most open hips you’ve ever seen. *wink*
    P: You could give birth to triplets at the same time.
    D: I could. Squeeze ‘em out.
  • [9:03] Dan and Phil describe the pizza they have ordered, which they believe they have perfected over the years. It's a large original crust pizza. Half is Texas Barbecue / Supreme (barbecue sauce base with chicken, bacon, grilled peppers, and onions), and half is The Sizzler (sun dried tomatoes and garlic base, pepperoni, jalapeños [but they're missing this time], onions, chili flakes, and ground beef [substituted for tandoori chicken]).
  • [10:20] Dan explains how Phil is a really bad influence on his life, and he puts his hand on Phil’s shoulder as he’s doing it. And I start to melt. 😅
  • [11:41] Dan on Phil going to an art fair without him:
    D: I was inside, like, playing Guild Wars, feelin’ sad, and Phil's like, "Ooh, I'm wearing a scarf!"
  • [11:58] Phil shares a story of how he took a selfie with someone at the art fair in front of a "wall of penises."
    Something like this, except covering a whole wall. And Phil somehow walked right in front of it while managing to not notice it at all. :lol:
  • [14:48] Dan and Phil talk about their thoughts on social interaction. Phil used to (and still does, to an extent) dread certain social interactions because he’s afraid he’s going to say something wrong or not be funny enough. Dan is confident talking to people, but he hates it.
  • [16:28] Dan starts crying because the pizza is so good. (Is he actually crying, though? I don’t see any of the "actual tears" Phil describes.)
  • [17:13] Apparently, Dan and Phil had a personal trainer prior to going on tour. Phil asks Dan if they are going to get a personal trainer again, and Dan says that he thinks he has to.
  • [18:38] I was actually shocked that they shared this story. There was a moment about a month before the tour started that Phil didn’t think the tour was going to happen. Dan interrupts asking if it was because he, Dan, was having a mental breakdown, and Phil confirms this. It sounds like a ton of things were left to the last minute, and there was an almost unbearably large amount of work that needed to be done to make sure the tour happened.
  • [19:40] Dan reiterates what he said in his last liveshow about how he enjoys being an entertainer but how he doesn’t enjoy being a full-time YouTuber.
  • [20:45] There's a lot here.
    P: So, you’re like a bear, and you’ll come out of the cave when you feel like it.
    D: Totally.
    P: *to the tune of “Mr. Brightside,” sort of...barely* Coming out of your cave and you’ll feel just fine and you’ll make a video.
  • [21:02] I'm so glad to hear Dan saying something directly that counters the people who criticize him for having to make every video a "masterpiece™."
    D: I’m not saying that what I make is great. It’s just that, for me to create, I have to be very intense about it.
  • [21:42] Dan and Phil talk about the diversity of their audience, especially when it comes to age. I'm very pleased that this is something they've taken to heart. I hope it will make them feel like they have more freedom with the kinds of content they can create.
    D: It really changed my perspective on who all of them are going on this tour.
    P: I know because, sometimes, people are like, "Oh, wow. Dan and Phil's..."
    D: That a lot of people stand out.
    P: Yeah, "Dan and Phil's audience are all this one kind of person."
    D: No.
    P: But they're not. They're such a diverse group.
    D: Firstly, y’all are so old.
    P: There's lots of--loads of people that've stuck with us for ten years.
    D: People are like, "I’m the oldest person here. I’m nineteen."
    P: No, you're not.
    D: No.
  • [22:10] Dan puts his hand on Phil’s shoulder as he’s talking about missing having a clear purpose every day while on tour. My melting intensifies.
  • [22:21] Dan's said in dozens of shows on tour that Phil is his soulmate, and now he throws it all away for Spider-Man?
    D: PS4 Spider-Man is my soulmate, and I would die for him.
  • [23:17] Dan puts his hand on Phil’s thigh as he talks about why it’s stressful to live with Phil because he’s really messy. I'm now just a puddle on the floor.
  • [23:28] A very strange video transition is used. Seriously, what was that?
  • [24:52] Phil has noticed that he’s become more sensitive as he’s gotten older. He cries more easily at different things. Dan is rubbing off on him. Dan says he’s gotten more anxious with age ([25:24]).
  • [25:32] Dan feels like he’s currently growing a lot as a person all the time right now. At some point, he thinks he’s going to come out of his cocoon and be like, “Ta da! *jazz hands*” Personally, I can't wait for the big reveal!
  • [26:20] Story of how Dan literally wedged himself between a wall and a photo booth to avoid interacting with a girl from his past. 🤦‍ Logistically, I'm somewhat curious about how this actually worked with his height. I can just imagine his whole head sticking out over the top of the photo booth and him being like, Well, fuck it. I'm already here. *narrows eyes* She can't see me if I don't move.
  • [27:55] Aww, Phil! This was such a sweet story.
    P: Sometimes when I’m sad and miss my old house, I go on Google Maps and just sit on the street and look at my house.

P: I did that yesterday, didn’t I?
    D: *nods*
    P: You were like, “Why are you staring at your old house?”
  • [28:27] Dan feeds Phil and has a sassy remark for us:
    D: That’s what they came for. *lifts foot into frame*
  • [28:32] Dan asks Phil if he ever feels like he doesn’t have a personality. Then he tries to take it back. He wonders if he’s just choosing to put on different faces for different people. I thought this was an interesting conversation.
  • [29:19] Throwback to March. Dan's still not over it.
    D: See, I was gonna say, “eating ass,” in my “Living My Truth” video, and then I thought it was too crude. I never thought that you’d be the first one to say it.
    P: I was saying it about the fleas actually biting our ass.
    D: Yeah, and you’re sitting on his face right now.
    P: I am. I'm gonna get up.
  • [29:32] Dan has a way with words.
    D: I think I could live without possessions, just in a hole.
    P: Would you not, like, miss being soft and warm on a sofa?
    D: A soft, warm hole.
    D&P: *laugh*
    D: F*ck. Absolute filth. I’m so sorry.
  • [30:11] Dan thinks Phil can pull off wearing a vest. There seems to be not a single doubt in his mind.
  • [32:41] Dan makes a very strained pun about banging his glass of milk on the table and calling Phil’s outfit “muck.” Then they both dab. The perfect way to finish off this video, I'd say.
  • Closing thought 1: The pacing of this video is unlike anything I can remember ever seeing from Dan or Phil. Even in liveshows where they might discuss similar topics, it’s always: go. Go! GO!!! Here, everything was so relaxed, and I thought it worked really well.
  • Closing thought 2: A lot of what was discussed in this video was also discussed in their liveshows last week. I wonder if they were already thinking about what they were going to discuss in the video (or maybe had already filmed it) or if some of these thoughts are just persistently at the forefront of their minds.
"Why am I left-handed?"
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual

knq wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:20 pm
lovely things~
0:25 From the very beginning they're talking about easing themselves into 'main channel' videos as if dinof and AP are one (shared) entity and the gaming channel is another. Phil says Dan is being lured onto a main channel video "like a mysterious animal. Come on, I've got snacks." :squirrel:
5:20 Dan telling the camera "he can't, he's. he can't get it" in the middle of teasing Phil about getting the pizza. :happytears: Phil's "he looks like Zac Efron I can't go" is a callback to the iconic "i can't I don't have legs'"
7:00 Dragon Dan and his Den of Dips. P: "He hordes them like Smaug. I can't even get near it."
7:25 The importance of tearing boxes neatly is explained.
8:20 Phil realizes that stopping to discuss the width of Dan's hips and Dan's need to explain each part of the pizza order means the food is going to get cold but it's too late to do anything about it now.
10:00 I do actually find it very sweet that Phil acknowledges Dan's discomfort while also keeping it light and playful. P: "Dan doesn't like eating on camera so I'm hoping I can just eat the whole thing."
11:25 D: "This is very interesting. The first thing I went for was a wedge in bbq sauce." P: "You're a fascinating guy." :lol: I adore a sassy Phil.
12:25 Dan would like to know if the penises were French. Phil claims he didn't look at the penises for too long. Dan eyerolls.
13:23 Dan finds something embarrassing but tells Phil "you do you." :love1:
13:25 D: "The bread is so good." P: "A poem by Dan."
16:40 Phil suggesting Dan do a silent mukbang where he just does faces is one among many examples of how fascinating Phil continues to find Dan--and Dan's face.
17:45 Dan telling the camera "The trainer had his work cut out with Phil." P: "He was like what's happening?" D: "Right hook! And Phil would be like left uppercut! Are you paying attention? You're gonna get bopped." This whole exchange may be the loveliest of all. Dan seems so fond when he's describing the trainer's confusion around Phil and his lefts and rights. This is the low-key, authentic version of Dan proudly describing himself as Phil Trash #1.
18:05 This is as painful as it is lovely, but I can't leave it out because Phil is truly being lovely here, staying attuned to Dan and praising what he sees as success even if Dan doesn't. :brokenheart: P: Hey, you're doing well. You're eating, and people are watching.
20:45 Phil comparing Dan to a hibernating bear pleases Dan. I am noticing a trend here.
21:25 Dan preemptively defends Phil's enjoyment of live shows against imagined criticism.
22:40 Can I just have Dan's soft "You brought my candle over?" play on loop please?
23:10 I'm not really sure why Dan laughs and thanks Phil here but it is cute, as is 'you're really messy' combined with thigh touching.
24:25 Phil's tone and Dan smiling before Phil's even finished saying to just choose the next outfit along the line makes me think they've had this conversation enough times to agree that they're just too different in this area to really relate to each other. Dan's "That's how you end up with ensembles like this!" sounds like the usual quip he makes to a running joke. It's also sweet how quickly he's willing to admit Phil's t-shirt is actually great.
25:05 Phil was harrowed by the Handmaiden's Tale and I'm proud of him for it.
25:45 Dan has been compared to a mysterious animal, a dragon, a bear, and now a cocooned creature (assuming butterfly based on his feelings on moths) in this one video. You do you daniel.
26:10 Anyone else just feel proud of Dan for addressing the possibility that people he once knew might be watching this video and clarifying that he avoids them because of his own problems and not theirs?
27:15 Lets all just appreciate Northern Phil and his little head tilts.
28:38 Phil chooses to take Dan's comment about personality seriously and (tries to) reassure him. :love1: :brokenheart:
30:05 "Get those guns out for the North" and Phil shifting so he's sitting closer to Dan.
30:15 D: "Can you finish a cookie right now?" P: "Hell yeah." Their faces and tones here are just everything that is sweet and good and lovely about the universe.
31:00 Dan is a rebel who microwaves cookies for 10 seconds instead of 8 and he cannot be stopped.
33:00 I didn't notice until now, but after Dan says "I'm on there" (the gaming channel) he says "I'm on here" (Phil's channel). So that's. That happened.
"Why am I left-handed?"