A Chat With Myself From 10 Years Ago (16 February 2019)

Videos posted on the AmazingPhil channel
itasca00
moon room
Pronouns: He/Him/His

You're being beamed up by aggressive aliens and they're plugging in the anal probe
"Oh, God. Okay. I say: *shrug* [...] I'd be like, 'I don't know how this works. Put a condom on that thing. *shrug*'"
Dan Howell, 5/10/18 Try new things..?
itasca00
moon room
Pronouns: He/Him/His

itasca00 wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:36 pm I liked this video! I liked that Phil tried to change up his usual format, but I have to say that I found the execution a bit awkward. Regardless, here are my highlights:
  • [1:23] Phil explains one of his past questionable haircuts. Apparently, he wanted to look like some celebrities at the time. Phil doesn’t think the haircut was right, but the comparison honestly looks pretty spot-on to me.
  • [2:43] Phil’s first piece of advice for his past self is to not have a piggy-back race. He goes on to tell the story of how he and his housemate “Clint” had a few drinks one night and decided to have a piggy-back race down the road against some other people. Phil was over 6’ and Clint was under 5’, but they decided that Phil should ride on Clint. Phil ended up falling off of Clint, hitting his hand on the road, and having to go to the hospital. According to Phill, the moral of the story is: “Don’t climb on your friends.”
  • [3:56] Phil’s second piece of advice for his past self (except his past self didn’t need it because he already knows that he didn’t do it…) was to not go home after the first week of university. In the first week, he got really homesick, but he felt “4000%” better after about three weeks.
  • [4:38] Phil’s third piece of advice was to not pretend to be someone else. Phil pretended that he loved clubbing and that he loved staying up until 5am. At [5:24], he says:
    P: Same thing as well: I was like, “Yeah, I’ve had all the sex. I am the sex maniac.” And it went to the level where people were like, “Wow. Really? You’ve had that much sex?” I was like, “Yeah. Yeah. I’ve done all the sex. Me. Totally.” And that was just me trying to impress the other guys in my house.
    He says that it’s stupid because it’s a thing that no one cares about. He doesn’t know why he thought it would be embarrassing if he had not had “all the sex” yet. He says that he ended up telling everyone the truth a few weeks later, and he’s so glad that he did.
  • [6:07] Phil’s fourth piece of advice was to join more clubs.
  • [6:34] Phil’s fifth piece of advice was to always knock on his housemates doors before entering their rooms. He says he walked in on “so many things” because he didn’t do that. At [6:42], he says:
    P: Our house just had a culture of, like, Yeah, just walk in whenever. But then one of my housemates got a boyfriend, and let’s just say, when I opened the door, I saw a lot...of the boyfriend. I slammed it straight away. I was like, “Woah!” But it was too late. I said sorry. I could just never make eye contact with this guy again.
  • [7:04] Phil’s final piece of advice is to duck when a chocolate orange gets thrown at his head while working at “Muble-You-Smaitch-Hith” (WHSmith). He also says that he hated that job and that he should quit the month before Christmas rather than the month after.
  • Once again, Phil has listed all three versions (worldwide, US, and Australia) of his individual merch shops at the top of the video description, and he has listed the Dan and Phil Shop with his individual merch links.
You're being beamed up by aggressive aliens and they're plugging in the anal probe
"Oh, God. Okay. I say: *shrug* [...] I'd be like, 'I don't know how this works. Put a condom on that thing. *shrug*'"
Dan Howell, 5/10/18 Try new things..?