The Scary Reason I Didn't Buy A House (26 April 2019)

Videos posted on the AmazingPhil channel
itasca00
moon room
Pronouns: He/Him/His

You're being beamed up by aggressive aliens and they're plugging in the anal probe
"Oh, God. Okay. I say: *shrug* [...] I'd be like, 'I don't know how this works. Put a condom on that thing. *shrug*'"
Dan Howell, 5/10/18 Try new things..?
itasca00
moon room

itasca00 wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:33 pm This was a great video! I thought Phil chose a nice variety of questions, and I thought most of his answers were rather interesting. Here are my highlights:
  • [0:22] Phil shows a derpy/joyful picture of him with some puppies in his lap. This is supposedly the twenty-sixth picture on his phone. I thought the question meant the twenty-sixth most recent picture, but maybe Phil thought it meant the twenty-sixth oldest, as this picture is from a photo shoot that happened in 2017.
  • [0:53] Phil reveals that he successfully pranked Dan on April Fools’ Day by saying that he now likes cheese. Apparently, this prank was able to work because Phil spent April Fools’ Day with his family. While telling this story, Phil showed the following text exchange:
    P: I just ate a cheese platter for breakfast! I think my tastebuds like it now
    D: wHAT
    P: so salty and delicious
    P: i had blue cheese too?
    D: lmao fuck off
    D: omg you got me
    D: lmao
    D: i’m such an idiot
    D: cackling
    P: HAHAHAH
  • [1:17] Phil says that his earliest memory is him saying “light” all the time. He also remembers his grandfather teaching him how to play Scrabble.
  • [2:48] Phil shows his skincare routine. Particularly fun moments in this part of the video include him messily splashing water on his face at [3:33] to mimic TV advertisements, him dabbing at [3:43], and him saying that he’s “not really one for man products” at [4:07].
  • [5:28] Out of nowhere, Phil’s vase "little glass" of water makes a triumphant return. Phil has previously used it here and here. This made me laugh probably harder than it should have. :lol:
  • [5:34] Phil shares that he had a mild medical scare recently. He noticed a weirdly colored patch of skin on his forehead, and Google (unsurprisingly) suggested that it might be cause for alarm. So Phil went to the dermatologist, who told him that it isn’t dangerous.
  • [6:18] Phil says that he showers facing away from the shower head. He claims that he needs to be able to see the room when he’s showering because otherwise someone could just come in an attack him. He then muses that he should probably lock his (bathroom) door………………………..
  • [6:52] Phil responds to the question, “Write another book again?” I was totally taken off guard by his answer:
    P: I do actually have a story in my head. I’m just not quite sure how I wanna tell it yet. So it could be a book. It could be like a TV series style screenplay. It could be a movie script. I just need to consolidate all of these ideas in my head and turn them into the thing. But I have been thinking about it for about five years, so it’s just when the right time is to actually release the ideas.
  • [7:55] Phil tells the full story he originally referenced here about backing out of buying a house with Dan after they found out that three people had died in the house. They were apparently looking into buying the house to flip it and maybe do a show about the process on YouTube. 👀👀👀
    P: “Hi, Phil! Remember during the video about the creepy test, you said you and Dan were going to rent an apartment, but you were told that there was three murders. And you decided not to rent it. And it was a very long story, and you’d tell us another time. Please I want every day to hear about the story!”

P: Me and Dan--I think it was after the first tour...sometime in between. We found this super dilapidated house in London that no one wanted, and it was so cheap for the area. We thought it’d be a great opportunity for us to do up the house and then flip it and then sell it.

P: There was even talk of us doing some kind of house transformation show on YouTube. It was a whole thing.

P: Anyway, we got really far down the line with it when the lawyer--or was it the estate agent? One of them said, “Legally, we have to tell you the history of this house.”

P: And I was just like, What are they gonna say? This is like the moment in a horror movie where they tell you someone died in the house or something. I’m sure It’s not gonna be that bad. I’m sure it will be fine. They said three people have died under suspicious circumstances in the house in the last ten years. Two of them separately in fires.

P: And I was just like: Pikachu face. “No! *sputters* We can’t buy this house! That sounds like the blurb of some kind of horror show like English Horror Story: Murder House. Firstly, I don’t want to get murdered. Secondly, I don’t want to get haunted. Thirdly, I don’t want to get murder-haunted.”

P: And there was also loads of other issues with the house that would be impossible for two people that can’t even bake cookies to fix. So we just decided the whole project was a bad idea.

P: Yeah, if they hadn’t told us, we could’ve been haunted to death. Or worse.
  • Phil continues to remain consistent in listing the three versions of the AmazingPhil Shop at the top of the video description and listing the Dan and Phil Shop with his social media links.
You're being beamed up by aggressive aliens and they're plugging in the anal probe
"Oh, God. Okay. I say: *shrug* [...] I'd be like, 'I don't know how this works. Put a condom on that thing. *shrug*'"
itasca00
moon room

itasca00 wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:33 pm
  • [5:28] Out of nowhere, Phil’s vase "little glass" of water makes a triumphant return. Phil has previously used it here and here. This made me laugh probably harder than it should have. :lol:
Phil has also used his "little glass" here.