"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual
Pronouns: she/her

inanerat wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:20 pm Timestamp time- house edition
(I'm too tired to be bothered to do the whole video/story, so I'm limiting this to mostly just house commentary and a few notes on other things)

0:01- They've moved! First vid in the new place. Carpeted room, good riddance echo-y tile
0:06- Close up look at background shelves:
Right shelf, top to bottom: 1. failed bob ross painting on a little blanket, 2. some sort older camera, lion and lioness, magic 8 ball and what looks like the black and white puppet from interactive space adventure, 3. fake blue-green cactus from last background, failed tiny white vase bought for the last background but never used, new plant in a pot, 4. dino light from previous background, grey and black furby, useless box from wish video, few misc. unidentifiable things behind them, looks like also light switch and plug socket at the back.
Left shelf, top to bottom: 1. YouTube clapper board, 2. candle shelf, including Phil's autumn and winter candles along with a pink one that seems to be called 'treat yourself', white bird statue, matches, 3. Buffy shelf, 4. yellow and red ball lights that they've had in various places for years.
Additional background items: Prayer plant on a stump, cactus cushion and blanket in the left corner, lava lamp and golden pig on table behind, 2 tatinof cubes and angry face cushion up on very top of shelf/bed situation, Briony's fish painting behind bed.
0:11- Fold down bed reveal, I wondered if they would do something like this, I think it's a really nice choice for having useable space when you mostly don't have guests round but also a proper bed for when people do come 'round.
0:25- enter Dan, discussion about end of box boys, repeat of Dan's insta caption 'homeowning homosexuals'. Makes me wonder when they filmed this video compared to that post.
0:56- Phil notes how 'when they're filming together' (idk I find this phrasing interesting?) his shoulder covers up the face of the golden pig. queue pig bants
1:28- thought they would move in and everything would be done, 2 toilets didn't work (if I had to guess I'd say there's probably 3 total? but idk), wires and lights struggles, had to have lots of workers 'round
2:00- Phil has been enjoying their 'outdoor space' a lot, perhaps infinitesimally less pale. I continue to be curious about their use of the term 'outdoor space' and what exactly that means
2:20- Don't think they'll do a whole house tour, but some tasty pics, most seen before on insta stories at one point or another
2:31- First unique pic, of the black shelf and desk seen before with stuff on it! Notable items:
Top shelf: some books
Middle shelf: Dan's My Soul candle, Phil family photo, few other things I can't identify
Bottom shelf: FKA Twigs MAGDALENE vinyl, Dan's bear, more books, can of Mt. Fuji air from first Japan trip, funky AI art
Desk: Plant, colognes, Dan's 'box of secrets', some weird light, a black and white minimalistic art piece facing sideways. I would really love to get a better look at this art 'cause the curvy shapes almost look more human-depicting, which is something deppy don't usually seem to go for.
Under desk: Butt chair of course, and some white thing, idk what it is
Looks to me like this room is carpeted like the Philming/guest room.
2:36- P: 'So maybe we'll do something in a few months' D: 'When we know how the house works'. Ok boys I thought you said you weren't doing a house tour but you might do something in a few months ??? you can't play with my heart like this.
4:29- Phil leaves to go get his glasses to show, Dan's eyes track him out the right side of the room as he leaves, so I am assuming that is where the door is.
4:36: As Dan is hiding the golden pig we get a chance for Chair Watch! 2 never before seen chairs. Phil is sitting in one with a low back and looks like some sort of white with a bit of cushion, Dan is sitting in an entirely clear plastic chair with arms.
5:44 Phil expresses anxiety about meeting new neighbors with taped up glasses, I wonder if neighbors in a place with such nice places like theirs are quite posh? Maybe intimidating, idk

Other non house related notes:
-I love their banter so much, especially around 5:22. Their idiocy just feels like home <3
-There's an odd moment of black screen in between a zoom-in jump cut at 3:29? I can't tell if it's supposed to be there or if it's an editing mistake.
-Dan dragging Phil for being thirsty at 13:24- P: [The paramedics] started to check me out and the first thing they said- D: Not in that way. Phil wishes. :lol: Also Phil x Hot paramedic (bonus au Paramedic!Dan) fic when??
-While it is a fairly small and subtle thing I really appreciate things like Phil not just saying 'I wanted Dan to come with but he wasn't allowed' but including that he wanted Dan with him because he was anxious and scared. It just feels like that tiny acknowledgement of more emotional connection that wouldn't have been glazed over in years past. Also Dan describing himself at home doing some packing and 'a lot of thinking about how I feel about Phil'. Makes me wonder if moments like these lead to the same conversations that we're having on possibilities they have/things they could do to be sure they can stay as connected as possible in emergency situations where traditional legal relationships like marriage tend to be defaulted to and other types of non-legal (or officially recognized) relationships don't get the same weight.
-Also their use of describing each other as 'friend' makes me wonder how they do describe themselves in situations like this when they actually happen. It would make a lot of sense to me for them to refer to each other as their 'partners' to someone like a paramedic for the understanding that they are closer than just 'friends' might be, but I understand if it's a detail they would change for the video.
-I'm very curious for Dan's thing on friday (also lol @ him saying july instead of june). I was expecting it to be more of a sit down type video but with the YT production it seems like it will be a bit more than that. I'm also super curious how the video submissions will be incorporated. Also very interested to see where Phil pops into it. Also no shade but Dan describing it as 'weird and creative' makes me think it's going to be something some people really love and something other people are completely meh/disappointed with.
-22:25- Dan saying he just wants to have some fun. I am very curious to see what this means for what we see from him in the future! Also a tiny part of my clown brain is like,,, hey dan,, maybe it would be fun and different but also some content if you,, streamed on twitch,, like played games from your new nerd cave with fast internet,, or something..... but I am decidedly keeping my hopes contained.
"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."