Leeds - Town Hall - 20th May

missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides
Pronouns: she/her

Capacity: 1,200
Seating plan: http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/Leeds-Tow ... nue/256104

Are you going to this date? Want to meet up with others? Here's the place to arrange it.

We want to hear all your reviews and opinions from this date. Seen a photo from the m&g you want to discuss, go ahead, we love a good discussion.

A few things:
- This forum is public, which means anyone can see information you post.
- If you are meeting up with others, please make sure you do this in a safe way. Make sure you know who you are meeting with beforehand, and do this in an open, safe place. Perhaps even Skype before to ensure your safety.
- If you are posting spoilers, please do so behind the spoiler tag.

Enjoy :)
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
hellothere
tol bean

Hello! I’m a 21-year old international student at Leeds Uni planning to alone in Leeds show. So if anyone’s going to Leeds as well, I would love to meet you guys ❤️
animad
squish

Hey! I'm 18 and thinking I might try for this show if I can pluck up the courage in time. It's only a short train ride for me but I'd be going alone which mostly I'm okay with but I'd love to meet up with people!
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

Anyone going? Managed to get VIP for this show!
animad
squish

I did! Im row 22 which im fine with i can hide behind people if it gets too cringy haha, congrats on the VIP!
human
dan hand trash

missemma wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:43 pm Anyone going? Managed to get VIP for this show!
Woohoo! Some amazing person pulled some magic trick and got them, whattaya know! Pretty excited for amazing seats and VIP for this show with my usual suspects.
hellothere
tol bean

I managed to get standard ticket when they opened some seats again so yey! I will be alone on the event but i don't mind meeting new people as well! :D
animad
squish

hellothere wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:52 pm I managed to get standard ticket when they opened some seats again so yey! I will be alone on the event but i don't mind meeting new people as well! :D
Hey, i'm in the same boat! Where are you sat?
mermaid blood
Moderator Emeritus

mod note:

if exchanging seat numbers with fellow posters remember to do it over PM, and don't post it publicly :)
(just keeping you guys safe)
art in avatar by lily
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual

alittledizzy wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 4:19 pm Phil's hair and Dan's nails are in a competition to see what can grow fastest.

Speaking of, this is a lovely Phil hair shot from a less front-facing angle!
human wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 4:35 pm Just pimping my pic with Dan cos it makes me smile. He said “I love what you’ve done with it!” as soon as he saw it and Phil suggested they should just sell these. I told Dan I’d cut holes into it and hopefully that made him feel better and he said “the danosaurs are back and this time they’re edgy” lol. Lovely m&g experience, sweet sweet boys as usual. Always a pleasure.
Marianne is also lovely as usual, a queen.

Phil’s quiff in rl is a thing of beauty. A true wonder to behold. We are now back at the pub until showtime.
missemma wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 4:47 pm Just having had our m&g I can honestly say that I’ve changed my mind on going to planned m&g.
At first the room was so hot and it was packed out but it was super organised with Marianne (❤️) giving information and the start and then when you get to go up she helps make people feel calm and relaxed. She is really the nicest person.

The guys were actually so nice and we were quite near to the end so it didn’t feel rushed at all (in fact I felt slightly nervous so probably rushed through more than they did). They were interested to chat (we were out until 3am last night and I told them that the screaming probably would have been better had I gone to bed and not clubbing), I got something signed for Phandom Gives and when I mentioned it they were genuinely so pleased and Phil added an extra star because he hoped it would help raise extra money.
I asked for separate photos because I had already met them before and they were so obliging, Dan offered to take them but I said no as I wanted head shots only (my body does not need to be seen irl). @human went last out of our group and she asked if we could take a group photo so that we could all be in one photo and they again kindly agreed. It was a really nice time and I would definitely do it again if they ever did anything else!
We also got something funny for during the show but I’ll post that later on once the show has finished!
human wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 4:52 pm
Ablissa wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 4:45 pm Phil's hair makes me feel things. It looks so, so much better. I never thought I'd see the day he embraced the quiff and what a magnificent quiff it is. <3

@human you look so lovely oh my gosh!!! Love your hair, love the shirt and love the pose on your m&g pic, Dan's expression makes me smile. I'm glad you enjoyed your m&g!! I can't wait for mine in June but I'm also terrified. How long do they last on this tour? Like one minute or less?
Aww bless you, thank you. I didn’t want a pic of him having to hug me when I’m not 100% sure he’s ok with it so I said I was just going to point to the shirt and he could make a face that illustrated how he felt about it.

Cutest thing is that it’s a live pic and the end of it just captures him pulling this face lol.
This m&g felt less rushed than Tatinof or a convention to me. I asked Marianne fs we could have a group pic too and she said that was fine, the guys seemed to recognise us and were happy to chat. They are so lovely and I would definitely recommend meeting them if anyone is equally fortunate to do so and the opportunity arises. They are just lovely to meet and so sweet and endearing.

We were prolly getting 2ish mins each with them which felt plenty long enough for a few words, pics, getting something signed and our group pic and chat. There were 3 of us.
animad wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 9:29 pm Im just on my home from the leeds show i need to just need to stream of consciousness my thoughts some where so:

That was so so so good, they're so lovely to watch on stage like there was a part of me that wasn't expecting that. I never saw tatinof live but I've watched it on YouTube but it's so easy to tell they're much more confident and less exagarated on stage this time round which is so nice to see. They made me genuinely laugh so many times and I loved it when they made themselves laugh and kept catching each other off gaurd with what they said. (I know a lot of it was probably scripted or jokes from previous shows that worked and they kept but it was still funny).

I don't know if it was normal that they made so many references to Satan usually but that was a big thing this show.

Also there was a bit after the x rated Lester but where can pushed Phil off the hexagon slightly then Phil went to kicked dan just as dan turned around so it looked like he kicked dan up the butt people laughed a lot and started chanting fight which was really funny and something I don't think they were expecting.

As a sidenote I was by myself and had a girl not more than 10 on one side who didn't get half the jokes and a dad on my other side who definitely did and that just amused me.

But yeah it was much much less cringey than I was expecting and I can't wait for it be to filmed so I can watch it again.

Also also the piano was under a sheet to the side and two guys braught out the wheel on stage? I always thought those things where going to be behind the middle screen which lifts up reveal style, also i was expecting dan to be spun round on the wheel. Have those things been taken out, probably due to logistics which I totally get or does it depend on the side of the stage or something?

10/10 recommend anyways.

@tylybb It started 7pm and finished 9.25pm
missemma wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 10:26 pm Tonight’s show was probably my favourite one so far. They were in a very funny mood, every other line seemed to be an innuendo of some sort, they bounced off each other a lot. We were on the front row and it was so close it was like 1080p and I got Dan spit on my hand at least twice 😂

They had a few play fights and the crowd chanted “fight fight fight” which was hilarious! I hope their bants continue for the next few shows
"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

I wasn’t going to write a long review of the show since I did that already for Brighton and most of the show is similar but I thought what I would do instead is write my favourite bits from the show and about the m&g so I can look back and remember them in a years time!

(Also sorry for #spon my twitter/typos, I can’t resize and upload the photos as I am on the train writing this).

The venue itself was beautiful, even the room they did the m&g in was gorgeous although it was so hot in there. When they walked in it got instantly hotter as we were all kinda crammed in this one room and people were excited. I wish there had been some water or something as I started to feel unwell at one point because it was so hot. We were quite far back in the m&g so as it emptied out it was much more comfortable and I felt a lot better. The way they do the m&g is really good, it’s very calm and Marianne makes you feel really at ease, she is literally such a nice person, I hope Deppy are paying her good wages haha. Someone even takes your bag and holds it so you’re not faffing around with too much in your hands at once. We went up as a group but had individual time with them.
They, of course, were lovely. They make everyone feel at ease and are super easy to chat with. I’ll admit I felt quite nervous because I’ve only ever met them in non-m&g capacities before however there was no need to be. I literally gave them the most half assed hugs because tbh I wouldn’t have minded not hugging them but as soon as you walk round Phil’s arms are open and it would be rude not too! Phil said to me “yay you’ve come to another tour” which was nice of him to say and I was surprised seeing as the last time I met them was about 2 years ago.
We started chatting about Phandom Gives as I got something signed for them and I mentioned (in case they hadn’t seen it) that the money was being raised for Mind as Dan is an ambassador. Phil drew the half heart half star on it because he wanted to add a little extra, I told him I hoped it would help raise a little extra!
Then I asked them if it would be okay to take individual photos, Dan offered to take them but I told him it was okay, I wanted to take them to be head shots only (no one else needs to see the state of my body) and his reply was “yes, know your angles” haha! Once they were taken I said something about how we had been out dancing until 3am the night before at Popworld and regretted it in the morning especially with it being so loud when they walked in, totally self inflicted! After Donna went up we got a group picture all together which they were more than happy to do, the last 2 times I’ve met them I stood on Phil’s foot so I promised him I wouldn’t do it this time! At the end we said our goodbyes and told them to enjoy the show. They really are obliging and nothing seems too much for them. I would definitely do another m&g if they ever did one. We wrote in their guestbook at the end “we are too old for this shizz” and then “we love Marianne” just to mix it up a bit.
This show was the most relaxed one I’ve been to so far. They’ve definitely settled into the script and the layout. Our seats were front row dead centre and it honestly felt a bit too close, like literal 1080p quality haha. I remember them walking down the steps and being worried that one of them might trip and fall and kill me! As they were speaking I got Dan spit on my hand twice they were that close. Eww.
They only had half a set because there wasn’t the room behind the screens, so the piano was already on the side of the stage when we sat down and they weren’t able to do the wheel, they changed it to a non moving target. Phil had to stand at the front of the stage to launch objects at Dan because the stage was so small. When the target was being brought on Dan referred to the crew as “minions”, they bought the set through a curtain and I thought the set was going to fall down. Oh and when they first come on stage they had to walk on from different entrances instead of behind the screen and Phil got totally lost and was a few seconds late!

Every other line seemed to be an innuendo of some kind which was hilarious, even a simple word like “flap” seemed dirty the way they said it and looked at each other. They were more playful and pretended to have a little fight at some point, we started chanting “fight fight fight” and Phil pretended to kick Dan in the butt which genuinely seemed to shock Dan.

For the Diss Track we cracked out some red hats (which say “slay” on them as it’s all we could find, but kinda appropriate) and sunglasses and put them on the same time as Phil and he started smiling at two points in the show. When he came to the front of the stage we shouted back at him “demonetised” and he had a little chuckle. Was definitely worth making a fool of ourselves for it.
I definitely enjoyed the show more this time round, I’m still not keen on the simulation part but oh well, it’s like 5 minutes long max I can live with it!

Onwards to Birmingham next....