London - Eventim Apollo - 4th May

LadyLackless
cheeky #spon
Pronouns: She/Her

Shit, I’m still at work doing my face! Leaving shortly! :D
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

I’m by the right of the door from inside the station btw, so far left from the door outside.

Don’t worry, so far it’s just me.
Shibi
squish

I've just decided to go for full on drag make-up so I haven't headed out yet, but I'll be leaving shortly
lilabet
philussy

I'm on the way but I'm stopping at home to ditch my jacket. I'll probably be there at 6.30. If it does end up way too busy there is a wetherspoons on the other side of the bus station or some people could split and go to Costa 🙂
Phandom Gives
@phandomgives on social media. Check out the website for the latest information and current donation drive! <3
human
dan hand trash

Aaaam in the pub, I’m in mustard yellow shirt and an Introverts denim jacket. We’ll prolly be here right up to doors as I hear people are queueing which seems a bit fruitless lol.
Shibi
squish

Do people have their tickets yet?
I'm debating whether to go to the box office or the pub first
flarequake
not an airport stalker

I think we do. We’ll be here till 7 at least, I think.
Shibi
squish

Oki I just picked up my ticket, if you see a pink haired anxious girl searching the pub that’s me
lilabet
philussy

Have you all found each other?
Phandom Gives
@phandomgives on social media. Check out the website for the latest information and current donation drive! <3
flarequake
not an airport stalker

I’m not sure who else might be coming but so far there are seven of us here
flarequake
not an airport stalker

In the interval meet by the stalls bar on the right of the centre merch stand
flarequake
not an airport stalker

Also meeting in the pub after the show
human
dan hand trash

We are in the Yardbird if anyone is meeting up afterwards! Don’t be shy!
flarequake
not an airport stalker

The show was great and the audience was so loud, as loud as in Milton Keynes (which was louder than Brighton). I don’t remember a lot that was different apart from the answers to the truth bombs, survey etc. It’s a wide auditorium and Dan commented on that early on.

The main thing that sticks out is they now have a black apron made of some thin kind of rubber or plastic for the shooting at the wheel bit which not only looks majorly more serial-killer but was probably bought to protect their clothes from the paint on the balls after Dan got it on his top in Milton Keynes. By the time it had dried on by the end of the show, I wonder if they could get it out or if that was the top ruined. I also wonder who fast you can have a black apron like that delivered or if they bought the material and made it. It’s orange on the back, btw. And came undone while Phil was shooting things.

Hilarious when he shot the arrow and the ball from the bazooka both on Dan’s waist, right on the big belt holding him on the wheel. It was close enough to his crotch that he was very dramatic about it, said the ball was “too close to the other balls” and got off the wheel while it was still a bit tilted.
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides
Pronouns: she/her

I’m not going to write a big long review because it was the same show as Brighton. The audience were much louder in London and they obviously feel a bit more relaxed this time. There are a few tweaks they’ve made (like the apron, cutting some of the simulation) but ultimately I still spent the first half willing the second half to start. I find the simulation section still too long and almost a filler and the survey section is too long. Does anyone really care who would save their phone or friend? I still love love love the song and the wheel is just too funny. My new favourite bit though is the stripped back advice section and I wish they’d do an extra question here. It’s so sincere and unscripted.

Anyways I wanted to say @human, @flarequake, @blackdenim, @LadyLackless, @Shibi, @lilabet & @internetakeover it was so fun to meet you all and hang out. This was my favourite bit of the whole evening tbh. I really hope to see some of you again (cough Leeds or Birmingham or Cardiff cough) and of anyone wants a copy of the group pic then DM me and I’ll send it ❤️
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
flarequake
not an airport stalker

Ooh, I forgot I managed to hear a few of the diss track lines better despite the screaming. They’re “can’t keep a cactus, why do you want a dog?” And “he’s got more followers, I’m living in his shadow”.
lilabet
philussy

It was lovely meeting everyone. I'm definitely looking into Leeds. Is it just me or did they cut the bit about doing separate things with the example of Phil's sock documentary?
Phandom Gives
flarequake
not an airport stalker

Oh, that’s interesting, I don’t remember it so yeah, I guess they did.
human
dan hand trash

Yep, they're definitely very aware of feedback from the show and that bit was gone. The very first show, the Brighton matinee, also had a longer "watching Dan and Phil livefeed in their apartment" segment where we watched them doing stuff for longer and at one point, Dan points to the pigeon fest cam and Phil flaps his hands like a bird. It's a shame because that bit is funny and their reactions to the feeds made it funnier.

I also feel like they're gradually interrupting the song at the end with fewer "mprov remarks" which I'm 50/50 on, I love the song and kind of prefer fewer interruptions, but the little remarks they had more of in Brighton made it all seem more made up as they went along and less scripted.
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides
Pronouns: she/her

lilabet wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 4:25 pm It was lovely meeting everyone. I'm definitely looking into Leeds. Is it just me or did they cut the bit about doing separate things with the example of Phil's sock documentary?
I've seen a ticket online so let me know if you want me to link you to it. Not a bad seat either.
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
lilabet
philussy

missemma wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 6:35 pm
lilabet wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 4:25 pm It was lovely meeting everyone. I'm definitely looking into Leeds. Is it just me or did they cut the bit about doing separate things with the example of Phil's sock documentary?
I've seen a ticket online so let me know if you want me to link you to it. Not a bad seat either.
If it's the one on twickets ive seen it too. I just don't want to buy it until I know i have Monday off work.

If it's another one please send me the link.

It'll be interesting to see if they raise it again now it's not such a huge venue, or was it just to get the idea out there for the most invested fans?
Phandom Gives