Sweden - Stockholm Waterfront - 16th June

smartcookie
drama llama
Posts: 46
Joined: Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:19 am
Location: The north

Re: Sweden - Stockholm Waterfront - 16th June

Post by smartcookie » Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:06 pm

kavat wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:37 pm
I'm going to the matinee and I'm from Stockholm. If anyone wants any tips on things to do or see while in town I'm happy to help! :)
I'm never in Stockholm so I'm down! :thumb:
everything sucks forever



User avatar
kavat
hobbit hair
Posts: 259
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:36 pm
Pronouns: she/her
Location: Stockholm

Re: Sweden - Stockholm Waterfront - 16th June

Post by kavat » Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:33 pm

thatone wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:00 pm
Would love some tips - we're staying for three days, so that would be nice :D
smartcookie wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:06 pm
I'm never in Stockholm so I'm down! :thumb:
Great! Anything in particular you are interested in? I'll compile a little list, I love to play tourist guide :lol:
Do you make mistakes or do you make a change?

smartcookie
drama llama
Posts: 46
Joined: Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:19 am
Location: The north

Re: Sweden - Stockholm Waterfront - 16th June

Post by smartcookie » Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:10 pm

kavat wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:33 pm
thatone wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:00 pm
Would love some tips - we're staying for three days, so that would be nice :D
smartcookie wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:06 pm
I'm never in Stockholm so I'm down! :thumb:
Great! Anything in particular you are interested in? I'll compile a little list, I love to play tourist guide :lol:
oh god, I have zero idea! I mean surprise us! Like what do you consider worth seeing/paying a visit? :tongue:
two not related questions: Are we talking sightseeing Stockholm before, after or both? Should we maybe take this conversation (3 of us so far) to PM's instead of clogging up this thread?
everything sucks forever

Maccadole
not a first-time poster
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:22 pm

Re: Sweden - Stockholm Waterfront - 16th June

Post by Maccadole » Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:55 pm

thatone wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:58 pm
Those of you going to the matinee one - are you from Sweden? I'm from the west coast of Norway and I convinced my bf to take a weekend trip to Stockholm for this. He'll probably just hang out at some coffeeshop in the mean time haha. :?
Yeah, I'm from north of Sweden. Closer to Finland than Norway, though, and for that reason I've never been to Norway, sadly. Have you been to Sweden before?

thatone
squish
Posts: 31
Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:06 pm

Re: Sweden - Stockholm Waterfront - 16th June

Post by thatone » Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:47 pm

Maccadole wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:55 pm
thatone wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:58 pm
Those of you going to the matinee one - are you from Sweden? I'm from the west coast of Norway and I convinced my bf to take a weekend trip to Stockholm for this. He'll probably just hang out at some coffeeshop in the mean time haha. :?
Yeah, I'm from north of Sweden. Closer to Finland than Norway, though, and for that reason I've never been to Norway, sadly. Have you been to Sweden before?

Nice! I've been to Sweden several times between the ages 8-15 on family holidays (mostly Göteborg & Malmö).
I've only been once to Stockholm, and then we were just there for a day and I can't remember much haha.

User avatar
human
dan hand trash
Posts: 606
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:07 pm

Re: Sweden - Stockholm Waterfront - 16th June

Post by human » Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:50 am

The time approaches! Does anyone who knows the area have any recs for a bar we could meet in between the two shows? We did this in Amsterdam and it was hugely successful to have a base to all get food or drinks.

Also, I’m cringing to have to ask but I have coeliac disease and can’t eat gluten, would any kind swedish folk give me pointers for where and what is quick to eat around the venue?

Thank you in advance :love2:

smartcookie
drama llama
Posts: 46
Joined: Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:19 am
Location: The north

Re: Sweden - Stockholm Waterfront - 16th June

Post by smartcookie » Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:22 am

human wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:50 am
The time approaches! Does anyone who knows the area have any recs for a bar we could meet in between the two shows? We did this in Amsterdam and it was hugely successful to have a base to all get food or drinks.

Also, I’m cringing to have to ask but I have coeliac disease and can’t eat gluten, would any kind swedish folk give me pointers for where and what is quick to eat around the venue?

Thank you in advance :love2:
I just had a quick look at the area through google maps and as far as I can see you should be good to go. Stockholm waterfront is only a few minutes away from “Stockholm central station” (the main railway station) so you should without problems be able to find something to eat there or else I also saw a few restaurants even closer to the arena. As far as if they serve gluten free, I’d almost guarantee you so. it’s central Stockholm after all, you have loads of options so I really shouldn’t worry to much.
And for bar, the closest I find I would estimate is maybe a 15 minuets walk away but absolutely doable in between two shows.
Hope this was to any help! :)
everything sucks forever

User avatar
kavat
hobbit hair
Posts: 259
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:36 pm
Pronouns: she/her
Location: Stockholm

Re: Sweden - Stockholm Waterfront - 16th June

Post by kavat » Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:36 am

smartcookie wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:22 am
human wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:50 am
The time approaches! Does anyone who knows the area have any recs for a bar we could meet in between the two shows? We did this in Amsterdam and it was hugely successful to have a base to all get food or drinks.

Also, I’m cringing to have to ask but I have coeliac disease and can’t eat gluten, would any kind swedish folk give me pointers for where and what is quick to eat around the venue?

Thank you in advance :love2:
I just had a quick look at the area through google maps and as far as I can see you should be good to go. Stockholm waterfront is only a few minutes away from “Stockholm central station” (the main railway station) so you should without problems be able to find something to eat there or else I also saw a few restaurants even closer to the arena. As far as if they serve gluten free, I’d almost guarantee you so. it’s central Stockholm after all, you have loads of options so I really shouldn’t worry to much.
And for bar, the closest I find I would estimate is maybe a 15 minuets walk away but absolutely doable in between two shows.
Hope this was to any help! :)
As smartcookie said, there are loads of options around the venue and the central station. For a regular pub, I think The Laughing Duck or Bishops Arms on Vasagatan are good options. For food and/or drinks, I'd recommend Vapiano on Kungsbron, or perhaps Kitchen and Table on Norrmalmstorg. Gluten free shouldn't be an issue in Stockholm, just ask the waiters. For fast food there's a Max close by (the Swedish alternative to Mcdonalds) and they have gluten free options as well. Plus a nice new food court inside the central station. :thumb:
Do you make mistakes or do you make a change?

User avatar
kavat
hobbit hair
Posts: 259
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:36 pm
Pronouns: she/her
Location: Stockholm

Re: Sweden - Stockholm Waterfront - 16th June

Post by kavat » Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:32 pm

So! The Stockholm shows are coming up and I thought I'd compile a little list of things to do and see for those of you travelling here! :welcome:

Things to do
Djurgården
An island in central Stockholm filled with museums.
- The Wasa Museum, built around an old ship that sank in the 17th century and was lifted out of the water in the 60's. Really cool.
- Nordiska museet, if you're interested in nordic history and culture
- The Abba Museum, yes of course there's an Abba museum
- The Viking museum
- Skansen, an outdoor museum filled with old Swedish cottages, people in traditional clothing and lots of animals. Highly recommend this one!
- Gröna Lund, an amusement park right by the water. Has lots of conserts during the summer.
- Or just walk around the island, because it's just beautiful. Stop for a glass of wine at one of the bars by the water on your way back to the city.

Other parts of Sthlm
- Fotografiska, the photographic museum with great exhebitions and a good restaurant.
- Moderna museet, the museum of modern art.
- The Royal Castle, if that's your thing
- Old town, just walk around the beautiful old buildings. Lots of tourist traps here, beware. Visit the Science fiction book store though, for some nerdy stuff.
- Take a boat trip. The city is beautiful from the water, take one of the hop-on-hop-off tours!
Restaurants and bars
- Luzette, inside the central station. Good french restaurant.
- Kitchen and table, Norra bantorget. Scandinavian/American fusion.
- East, in the Mood galleria. Fancy asian food. The mushroom and truffle dumplings are to die for.
- Vapiano, a chain of italian restaurants. Not the best food you'll ever eat but still a nice place.
- Haymarket, a beautiful art deco bar on Hötorget. Great cocktails.
- The Capital, a roof top bar at hotel Scantic Continental across the street from the central station
- If you want to go bar hopping I recommend taking the tube to Medborgarplatsen on Södermalm and just walk around, there are lots to choose from.
If anyone wants tips in any particular part of town just let me know! :thumb:
Do you make mistakes or do you make a change?

User avatar
missemma
dirty bitch
dirty bitch
Posts: 1622
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 4:08 pm
Location: in the pub

Re: Sweden - Stockholm Waterfront - 16th June

Post by missemma » Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:52 pm

Is anyone up for meeting up between the matinee and evening show? There was a very successful meet up arranged in Amsterdam and it would be great to do something similar. Let me know if anyone wants to meet up for food around 17:00-17:30 8-)
"you don't need to say pow every time I apply some wood" - Dan Howell 2015.

George
sofa crease
Posts: 95
Joined: Wed May 31, 2017 10:38 pm

Re: Sweden - Stockholm Waterfront - 16th June

Post by George » Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:03 pm

Me and @somethingsketchy are coming to the matinee, and we're up for meeting somewhere? We'll be there early in the morning with hours to waste, so if anyone wants to meet before the matinee that could be a possibility too. We've both been in Stockholm several times before, so sightseeing isn't a top priority.
You should never go to sleep on an argument.

User avatar
kavat
hobbit hair
Posts: 259
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:36 pm
Pronouns: she/her
Location: Stockholm

Re: Sweden - Stockholm Waterfront - 16th June

Post by kavat » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:20 am

I'm going to the matinee and would love to meet up, either before or after or both :) for after, as I said my suggestion would be Vapiano on Kungsbron, as it's close to the venue, has a decent menu of food and drinks and it won't be too loud to talk. But if someone else has another suggestion I'm all for it :)
Do you make mistakes or do you make a change?

anime_is_not_cool
sofa crease
Posts: 92
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2016 5:03 pm

Re: Sweden - Stockholm Waterfront - 16th June

Post by anime_is_not_cool » Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:28 am

I'm going to both of the shows alone and wouldn't mind some company! So if you manage to organise a meetup sometime inbetween/before/after the shows, I'm up for it :bigthumbsup:

User avatar
somethingsketchy
philussy
Posts: 493
Joined: Sat May 27, 2017 6:48 am
Pronouns: she/her
Location: Finland

Re: Sweden - Stockholm Waterfront - 16th June

Post by somethingsketchy » Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:34 am

kavat wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:20 am
I'm going to the matinee and would love to meet up, either before or after or both :) for after, as I said my suggestion would be Vapiano on Kungsbron, as it's close to the venue, has a decent menu of food and drinks and it won't be too loud to talk. But if someone else has another suggestion I'm all for it :)
Vapiano is notorious for their poor vegan selection, so I'd rather eat somewhere else. In fact, I already had a lunch place in mind, but it's not suitable for groups because it's always crowded, so I'm going to have to look up other places if we're having a group meet-up.
Image

thatone
squish
Posts: 31
Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:06 pm

Re: Sweden - Stockholm Waterfront - 16th June

Post by thatone » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:03 pm

I might be able to make it to the meet up if it's in between the two shows! I'm going to the early one :D

User avatar
human
dan hand trash
Posts: 606
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:07 pm

Re: Sweden - Stockholm Waterfront - 16th June

Post by human » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:18 pm

Ok, so from this thread it seems the following might be around for a meetup:

smartcookie (matinee)
anime_is_not_cool (matinee + evening)
liola (evening)
kavat (matinee)
felucca (matinee + evening)
missemma(matinee + evening)
human(matinee + evening)
somethingsketchy (matinee)
George (matinee)
thatone (matinee)
Maccadole (matinee + evening)
= 11

I shall propose a meeting time of 17:00-17:30! Venue wise, I saw this place 5 mins walk from the venue and, ahem, well. It reminded me of absolutely nothing at all.

http://skybarstockholm.se

Anyone know if it's any good? Is it expensive?

thatone
squish
Posts: 31
Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:06 pm

Re: Sweden - Stockholm Waterfront - 16th June

Post by thatone » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:27 pm

Haha great reference. If you look on the “example menu “ under “assortment” you’ll see the items with the price. To me it looks pretty standard, but as a Norwegian I am well aware that we are known for having very pricy food both in stores and when eating/drinking out. So I might not be the best person to ask. There are probably a lot of cheaper places as well, with vegan choices etc, but that depends on whether we’re there for the food (there were only a couple of options) or the drinks (page upon page!) :)

User avatar
somethingsketchy
philussy
Posts: 493
Joined: Sat May 27, 2017 6:48 am
Pronouns: she/her
Location: Finland

Re: Sweden - Stockholm Waterfront - 16th June

Post by somethingsketchy » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:22 am

Re: lunch before the matinée: Could we go to the food court (whatever its name is) by Hötorget? It's undoubtedly busy during the lunch time, but I've been there before with a big group, and it worked out well.

@kavat @anime_is_not_cool @George and whoever else wanted to join
Image

User avatar
kavat
hobbit hair
Posts: 259
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:36 pm
Pronouns: she/her
Location: Stockholm

Re: Sweden - Stockholm Waterfront - 16th June

Post by kavat » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:35 am

somethingsketchy wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:22 am
Re: lunch before the matinée: Could we go to the food court (whatever its name is) by Hötorget? It's undoubtedly busy during the lunch time, but I've been there before with a big group, and it worked out well.

@kavat @anime_is_not_cool @George and whoever else wanted to join
Sounds great! It's called Kungshallen (not to confuse with Hötorgshallen across the square).

I haven't been to that sky bar before, but I've heard good things! :thumb:
Do you make mistakes or do you make a change?

User avatar
somethingsketchy
philussy
Posts: 493
Joined: Sat May 27, 2017 6:48 am
Pronouns: she/her
Location: Finland

Re: Sweden - Stockholm Waterfront - 16th June

Post by somethingsketchy » Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:27 pm

I suggest that we meet for lunch at the entrance of Kungshallen (Kungsgatan 44) at 11.30. I'm tall and will be wearing D&P merch, so you shouldn't be able to miss me. If anyone's coming later, post a reply to this thread or send me a PM or something.
Image

thatone
squish
Posts: 31
Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:06 pm

Re: Sweden - Stockholm Waterfront - 16th June

Post by thatone » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:03 pm

I’ll join as well if that’s okay! :D 11:30 sounds good.

User avatar
somethingsketchy
philussy
Posts: 493
Joined: Sat May 27, 2017 6:48 am
Pronouns: she/her
Location: Finland

Re: Sweden - Stockholm Waterfront - 16th June

Post by somethingsketchy » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:17 pm

thatone wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:03 pm
I’ll join as well if that’s okay! :D 11:30 sounds good.
Of course, see you tomorrow!
Image

anime_is_not_cool
sofa crease
Posts: 92
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2016 5:03 pm

Re: Sweden - Stockholm Waterfront - 16th June

Post by anime_is_not_cool » Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:28 am

somethingsketchy wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:17 pm
thatone wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:03 pm
I’ll join as well if that’s okay! :D 11:30 sounds good.
Of course, see you tomorrow!
I wish I could join in, but I've got VIP and if I'm correct, I'll have to be at the venue at 10.30. (Am I right? It says 14.00 on the website, and VIPs must arrive 3,5 hours before?) Hopefully I'll be able to meet some of you guys after/inbetween the shows tho, at least quickly to say hi!

User avatar
somethingsketchy
philussy
Posts: 493
Joined: Sat May 27, 2017 6:48 am
Pronouns: she/her
Location: Finland

Re: Sweden - Stockholm Waterfront - 16th June

Post by somethingsketchy » Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:51 am

anime_is_not_cool wrote:
Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:28 am
somethingsketchy wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:17 pm
thatone wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:03 pm
I’ll join as well if that’s okay! :D 11:30 sounds good.
Of course, see you tomorrow!
I wish I could join in, but I've got VIP and if I'm correct, I'll have to be at the venue at 10.30. (Am I right? It says 14.00 on the website, and VIPs must arrive 3,5 hours before?) Hopefully I'll be able to meet some of you guys after/inbetween the shows tho, at least quickly to say hi!
Ooooh, have fun at the M&G! I know some venues have asked VIPs to come even earlier than 3.5 hours before the show, but there's nothing about it on this venue's website, so I'm assuming 10.30 is early enough. Let us know if you want to say hi to us between the M&G and the show! We'll come to the venue at some point after the lunch.
Image

thatone
squish
Posts: 31
Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:06 pm

Re: Sweden - Stockholm Waterfront - 16th June

Post by thatone » Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:34 am

I’m stood here I think? But I don’t see anyone with merch so I’m not sure if that’s you in a group over there. Too awkward to ask if it’s not (yes I’m that girl lol)

Post Reply