Finland - Helsinki House Of Culture - 13th June

missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides
Pronouns: she/her

Are you going to this date? Want to meet up with others? Here's the place to arrange it.

We want to hear all your reviews and opinions from this date. Seen a photo from the m&g you want to discuss, go ahead, we love a good discussion.

A few things:
- This forum is public, which means anyone can see information you post.
- If you are meeting up with others, please make sure you do this in a safe way. Make sure you know who you are meeting with beforehand, and do this in an open, safe place. Perhaps even Skype before to ensure your safety.
- If you are posting spoilers, please do so behind the spoiler tag.

Enjoy :)
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
auri
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie
Pronouns: they/them

Yo, has anyone that is thinking about coming to the HKI show found the actual prices of the tickets? The House of Culture hasn't listed d&p in their calendar yet and lippu.fi only shows the basic info (when and where). Or should i just go with other euro countries' prices?

Also who else is coming to Helsinki and where are you coming from? I live in Lapland so I have like 1000 km to travel to Helsinki for this, yikes haha.
somethingsketchy
janice from the shop

I just got my mum to send me money for the tickets as an early Christmas present so I can officially say that I'm going! I live in Helsinki and would offer to host you, auri, for free if I hadn't already promised my air mattress to another Finnish IDBer.

As for the ticket prices, I think the safest bet would be to directly call the House of Culture if you want to know the exact prices in advance. I did see the following on Tumblr, though. The prices look plausible, but since the source is unknown, take the info with a pinch of salt.
auri
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie
Pronouns: they/them

somethingsketchy wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:09 pm I just got my mum to send me money for the tickets as an early Christmas present so I can officially say that I'm going! I live in Helsinki and would offer to host you, auri, for free if I hadn't already promised my air mattress to another Finnish IDBer.

As for the ticket prices, I think the safest bet would be to directly call the House of Culture if you want to know the exact prices in advance. I did see the following on Tumblr, though. The prices look plausible, but since the source is unknown, take the info with a pinch of salt.
What I understood was that those were just the Australian prices changed to euros but i guess it gives some kind of a picture. I meaaan I can afford them anyway I'm pretty sure, just curious if there is any Real Information. Also happily I have family living near Helsinki so I can go live with them. But yeah, my sister and i are trying to get the VIP tickets but let's see how that'll work out.
somethingsketchy
janice from the shop

auri wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:47 pm
somethingsketchy wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:09 pm I just got my mum to send me money for the tickets as an early Christmas present so I can officially say that I'm going! I live in Helsinki and would offer to host you, auri, for free if I hadn't already promised my air mattress to another Finnish IDBer.

What I understood was that those were just the Australian prices changed to euros but i guess it gives some kind of a picture. I meaaan I can afford them anyway I'm pretty sure, just curious if there is any Real Information. Also happily I have family living near Helsinki so I can go live with them. But yeah, my sister and i are trying to get the VIP tickets but let's see how that'll work out.
Lol, good thing I told my mum that the cheapest tickets cost "a bit over 30€". I'm aiming for the cheapest or the second cheapest tickets, but good luck to anyone trying to get the VIP tickets!

Now, I'm hoping that someone with no social anxiety would call the venue to ask for the prices.
somethingsketchy
janice from the shop

Some information on the ticket prices is now up on the event listing page (the desktop version, not the mobile one).
Tickets: 70€ / 24€, incl. service fee
VIP Meet Up: 120€, incl. service fee
What I don't understand is that this seems to imply that the regular tickets cost either 70€ or 24€, which just doesn't make any sense. :shrug:
SquishPhan
capita£ester

somethingsketchy wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:06 pm Some information on the ticket prices is now up on the event listing page (the desktop version, not the mobile one).
What I don't understand is that this seems to imply that the regular tickets cost either 70€ or 24€, which just doesn't make any sense. :shrug:
Nah that totally makes sense. Better seats are pretty much always more expensive. So the prices change depending on where you sit.
somethingsketchy
janice from the shop

SquishPhan wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:53 pm
somethingsketchy wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:06 pm Some information on the ticket prices is now up on the event listing page (the desktop version, not the mobile one).
Nah that totally makes sense. Better seats are pretty much always more expensive. So the prices change depending on where you sit.
I meant that it doesn't make sense that the only prices are 70€ and 24€ without anything in the middle. Of course front seats are more expensive.
SquishPhan
capita£ester

somethingsketchy wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:33 pm
I meant that it doesn't make sense that the only prices are 70€ and 24€ without anything in the middle. Of course front seats are more expensive.
Oh okay. I don't think that it means that those are the only prices, but that it is the range. But I could be wrong of course.
somethingsketchy
janice from the shop

SquishPhan wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:09 pm
somethingsketchy wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:33 pm
Oh okay. I don't think that it means that those are the only prices, but that it is the range. But I could be wrong of course.
Rationally, I know that's probably the case, but the way the price information is presented, separated with a slash instead of a dash, confuses and stresses me. I'm aiming for the 24-euro ticket anyway so this shouldn't really even matter.
scepticphannie
not a first-time poster

Hi!
As the tour has officially begun and the Finland date is a bit over a month away I thought to start looking for some people going to the event. It would be cool to chat with/possibly meet some fellow phandom members as I don't know any IRL :) I'm 22 yo and living in Eastern Finland and will probably be driving back and forth to Helsinki on the day, so I'm happy to have some passengers with me if you happen to live somewhere near the route I'm driving!

Feel free to message me on here/tumblr @mandanmand if you are looking for someone to chat with and possibly say hi to IRL! I would also appreciate if you happen to know where else I could find some fellow Finns/people coming to the Helsinki date :)

-Amanda
somethingsketchy
janice from the shop

scepticphannie wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 8:37 pm Hi!
As the tour has officially begun and the Finland date is a bit over a month away I thought to start looking for some people going to the event. It would be cool to chat with/possibly meet some fellow phandom members as I don't know any IRL :) I'm 22 yo and living in Eastern Finland and will probably be driving back and forth to Helsinki on the day, so I'm happy to have some passengers with me if you happen to live somewhere near the route I'm driving!

Feel free to message me on here/tumblr @mandanmand if you are looking for someone to chat with and possibly say hi to IRL! I would also appreciate if you happen to know where else I could find some fellow Finns/people coming to the Helsinki date :)

-Amanda
@George and I are coming to the show, but we're a bit pressed for time and won't be able to make it to the venue/the surrounding area until six o'clock that night. That would still leave enough time to get a coffee or something.
somethingsketchy
janice from the shop

This isn't a proper review but more like a list of things about the show I found noteworthy.

- We arrived at the venue 50 minutes before the show was supposed to start, only to find ourselves in a looooong queue outside the venue. It took us 40 minutes to get in, so I'm glad it wasn't raining.
- The show started 15 minutes late because people hadn't had time to get to their seats before then.
- Our seats were among the cheapest ones at the back of the venue, but we probably had a better view of the stage than like half the people in the stalls.
- To everyone's relief, they had the full set on stage.
- More people sang along to The Final Countdown at the end of the intermission than to WTTBL in the beginning of the show.
- The Finland-themed references were satisfactory. Dan had almost died because of tasting salty liquorice and was on the look-out for Santa because he'd been a naughty boy. Phil asked suggestively all the Moomins in the audience to hit him up.
- One of the funniest things was when Phil went to fetch Dan's mystery box but couldn't find it at first, so he kept dashing across the stage looking behind different parts of the set until hands holding the box appeared from behind the curtain on one side.
- Dan's microphone fell off at some point in the beginning of the second half (maybe on the wheel), so he had to go backstage to get it fixed and left Phil to explain the Wholesome Howell & X-Rated Lester segment alone.
- Just before the awards segment, people held up signs that said "this was the most fun finland has ever had".

I really enjoyed the show, maybe even more than the Manchester one I attended last month. I didn't find it disturbing at all that I had already seen most of the show before. It kind of even made it better because it was easier for me to just sit back and relax when I already knew what was going to happen. I also remembered to take ear plugs this time, which helped a lot.