Netherlands - Amsterdam Rai - 2nd June

Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

human wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 5:33 am Yo ‘Dam peeps! Almost time! I’ve just booked tomorrow off work as I’m tired and haven’t even packed yet but our flight is tomorrow evening.

If someone could help me find something gluten free to eat around the venue, I’d be soooo grateful btw! I mean, I’m vegan but tbh when traveling I can’t afford to be picky so will eat anything so long as it’s gluten free and not salmon. I just, no. Bleurgh. But despite my work having a Dutch office in Rotterdam who I know fairly well, I speak zero Dutch and get really anxious about asking in restaurants. It’s a curse.

I would love to meet up with everyone possible but am trying to give up whatsapp, so if any details could be pm’ed or posted in here I would be so appreciative! :love2:
I checked d'Overkant's website and they state that they have vegetarian, vegan and gluten free options, so definitely don't hesitate to ask about it. Or ask one of us Dutchies, we're all bilingual here and happy to help. :thumb: Most staff anywhere in Amsterdam speaks English, so don't be anxious :love2:

As far as contact and recognizability goes, best hit me up on Twitter if y'all have that and I'll keep checking the thread and PMs on here as well. I'd like to avoid swapping numbers if I can. And I'll be the woman in a long pink princessy skirt, I should be able to get recognized quite easily.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
Sterrex
phillion/danosaur <//3

bee wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 3:40 pm
citizen_erased wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 9:34 pm
Sterrex wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 8:41 pm
Larissa1242 wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 6:27 pm I am going to the matinee and would really to meet up with people before hand. (I'm 21 and I'm getting really anxious about going alone, also it would be nice to be excited with some other people :platonic: )

So if someone can tell me what plan for lunch I could join and add me in a groupchat if that's a thing I would really love that.

Hi! I was planning on going out for lunch around 13:00
The girl i was going with cancelled, so i’m also alone now :p
I’m in contact with one other girl, so i’ll ask her if she wants to join.
I would love to go together and if possible with more people. I read some people are going to do some sightseeing and i would love to join, but everyone who wants to do that should join our skype group :p that really is the easiest way to get a group together.
Anyway, i would love to get lunch! Anyone else? :)
I'm going to the matinee show alone so I'd love to go get lunch with you! I don't have skype, but I can just keep following this thread.
I'm going alone to the matinee as well and would love to join you guys for lunch if possible :) I'm also nervous and meeting people beforehand would be great! Though it would be either way but I'm stressing myself out a bit lol
I'll look in the thread for the skype thing
Awesome! Maybe the three of us (or more if people want to join :)) could meet up at ‘cafe de jaren’. That is a great lunch spot in the centre of Amsterdam. And then after some sightseeing (probably inside :p) go to the RAI area.
I can be in Amsterdam central anytime saturday, probably around 12:30 / 13:00
What time will you two be there?
Sterrex
phillion/danosaur <//3

One more question:
How will we know who to look for at d’overkant at 17:30? :p
Meet up in front of the restaurant or something? :p
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

tbh I might actually make a reservation since we got quite a big group of people coming for 17:30. d'Overkant is fine with groups but I'm sure they'd like a heads up. I'm counting 8 people? I'll make a list, please confirm if you're coming or not and let me know if I'm forgetting anyone or you're bringing someone. I can make a reservation tomorrow afternoon.

d'Overkant at 17:30:
Catallena
missemma
human
LttrlySusan
SquishPhan
Sterrex
Meikerd
coffeepenguin

@Sterrex Meeting up in front is probably the best idea, but it might depend on the weather. Anyone who wants to DIY an IDB sign with stickers and craft glitter?
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
Larissa1242
placenta

Sterrex wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 2:03 pm
Larissa1242 wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 6:27 pm I am going to the matinee and would really to meet up with people before hand. (I'm 21 and I'm getting really anxious about going alone, also it would be nice to be excited with some other people :platonic: )

So if someone can tell me what plan for lunch I could join and add me in a groupchat if that's a thing I would really love that.

I would love to go together and if possible with more people. I read some people are going to do some sightseeing and i would love to join, but everyone who wants to do that should join our skype group :p that really is the easiest way to get a group together.
I'm going to the matinee show alone so I'd love to go get lunch with you! I don't have skype, but I can just keep following this thread.
I'm going alone to the matinee as well and would love to join you guys for lunch if possible :) I'm also nervous and meeting people beforehand would be great! Though it would be either way but I'm stressing myself out a bit lol
Awesome! Maybe the three of us (or more if people want to join :)) could meet up at ‘cafe de jaren’. That is a great lunch spot in the centre of Amsterdam. And then after some sightseeing (probably inside :p) go to the RAI area.
Where you also going to the matinee show? Bcz that one starts at 14:00, so your plan would not be logistically possible.

I was planning on tagging along with other matinee people which meet at d'overkant
JustMe wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 7:24 pm So to summarize for matinee people: meetingplace D'overkant from 12.00 onwards for lunch? I'm making a whatsappgroup for anyone who's interested, so just PM me your number and you'll be added. How are you people going to find each other without it? Are you all like bringing a single red rose or something? :D
Sterrex
phillion/danosaur <//3

Larissa1242 wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 3:05 pm
Sterrex wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 2:03 pm

Where you also going to the matinee show? Bcz that one starts at 14:00, so your plan would not be logistically possible.

I was planning on tagging along with other matinee people which meet at d'overkant
JustMe wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 7:24 pm So to summarize for matinee people: meetingplace D'overkant from 12.00 onwards for lunch? I'm making a whatsappgroup for anyone who's interested, so just PM me your number and you'll be added. How are you people going to find each other without it? Are you all like bringing a single red rose or something? :D

Aah right, yeah that makes more sense
No i’m going at night
Sterrex
phillion/danosaur <//3

Catallena wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 2:42 pm tbh I might actually make a reservation since we got quite a big group of people coming for 17:30. d'Overkant is fine with groups but I'm sure they'd like a heads up. I'm counting 8 people? I'll make a list, please confirm if you're coming or not and let me know if I'm forgetting anyone or you're bringing someone. I can make a reservation tomorrow afternoon.

Catallena
missemma
human
LttrlySusan
SquishPhan
Sterrex
Meikerd
coffeepenguin

@Sterrex Meeting up in front is probably the best idea, but it might depend on the weather. Anyone who wants to DIY an IDB sign with stickers and craft glitter?
That’s a great idea!
Hahahaha maybe just tell us on what name you’ll make the reservation. Everyone will go inside and say they are there for that table, that might be a good idea?
Or we could all wear a rose or something super cliche like that 😂
Flomy
sofa crease
Pronouns: she/her

@Catallena I'd love to join too! :ribena:
SquishPhan
capita£ester

Sterrex wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 3:50 pm
Catallena wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 2:42 pm tbh I might actually make a reservation since we got quite a big group of people coming for 17:30. d'Overkant is fine with groups but I'm sure they'd like a heads up. I'm counting 8 people? I'll make a list, please confirm if you're coming or not and let me know if I'm forgetting anyone or you're bringing someone. I can make a reservation tomorrow afternoon.

Catallena
missemma
human
LttrlySusan
SquishPhan
Sterrex
Meikerd
coffeepenguin

That’s a great idea!
Hahahaha maybe just tell us on what name you’ll make the reservation. Everyone will go inside and say they are there for that table, that might be a good idea?
Or we could all wear a rose or something super cliche like that 😂
I think making a group reservation is a great idea too. And I will definitely be there.
And yeah that sounds like a smart plan Sterrex.
human
dan hand trash

We could book the table under Marianne Phan or something lol. Or maybe Tabitha Pancakes.
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

In London we had a little IDB sign on the table that someone wrote on a receipt, was so funny! You definitely need to book the table with a funny name like Human said! Tabitha Pancakes gets my vote!

Someone mentioned wearing a rose to be obvious but this is phan, it’s all about the cat whiskers right? 😂😂

Looking forwards to meeting everyone, there’s gonna be a good group of us it seems! ❤️
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

The reservation form actually has an option for a company name as well :lol:
missemma wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 6:54 pm Someone mentioned wearing a rose to be obvious but this is phan, it’s all about the cat whiskers right? 😂😂
My public transport card holder actually has cat whiskers on it 8-)
Flomy wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 4:10 pm @Catallena I'd love to join too! :ribena:
Nice! 9 people already.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
Larissa1242
placenta

@Catallena I would like to join for dinner too :D
citizen_erased
truth bomb

Sign me up for dinner too! (I'm assuming matinee people are welcome at dinner as long as we don't talk about the show, which I'm fine with!)

Also, again for both lunch and dinner: I'm really not comfortable with sharing my phone number so I'll be keeping an eye on IDB instead
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

And that's 11 people on the VIP list! In this case VIP of course stands for Very Important Phannie. :lol:

Catallena
missemma
human
LttrlySusan
SquishPhan
Sterrex
Meikerd
coffeepenguin
Flomy
Larissa1242
citizen_erased

I do still need final confirmation from @LtrllySusan, @Meikerd, @coffeepenguin

@aralik I only just noticed your post oops, are you still interested in meeting up after the matinee?
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
emmaP
phillion/danosaur <//3

Hiii, i'm so sorry I'm so late, but can I come to the meet up too? (dinner with all you lovely people i mean) <3 I'll be going to the vip matinee as well :)
coffeepenguin
rainbow nerd

@Catallena thank you for taking initiative, I'll definitely be there!
Look forward to meeting all of you guys :love2:
Dan wants to be understood. Phil just wants to make the viewer smile and sell some backpacks (c) fancybum
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

emmaP wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 9:03 pm Hiii, i'm so sorry I'm so late, but can I come to the meet up too? (dinner with all you lovely people i mean) <3 I'll be going to the vip matinee as well :)
Of course you can~ That makes 12 :D
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
emmaP
phillion/danosaur <//3

Catallena wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 9:33 pm
Of course you can~ That makes 12 :D
yay! looking forward to it! and thanks for organazing this, you're amazing!

Also, if anyone wants to meet up before the matinee vip thingy/ wants somebody to talk to, you can always send me a message. my insta is @anoukcreates (yea i know, my first name is not emma lol) so feel free to DM :D
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

Catallena wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 8:35 pmI do still need final confirmation from LtrllySusan, Meikerd, coffeepenguin
Count me in :thumb:
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Last call for anyone who wants to join and is not on the list!
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
emmaP
phillion/danosaur <//3

Where are we going to meet up? in front of the venue or at the restaurant? (: and is there a group whatsapp or something or are we using idb if we need to contact eachother?
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Just made reservations for 14 people! Messiest call ever, it seems like they got a busy day tomorrow with two more groups (it's a popular place for groups who go to the nearby bowling alley) and I was just in time. We do gotta be out of there by 19:30, but at least for us evening show peeple that won't be a problem. :thumb:

Because the call was a mess I kinda forgot about Tabitha Pancakes, but you can just ask for Sarah when you come in instead and they'll get what you mean (if the lady on the phone wrote it down correctly anyway lol).

@emmaP It seems like it's best to keep things on IDB, I'll check back here as much as I can tomorrow and if you want a quick answer you can PM me on here too (I'll get an email notification) or on Twitter for those that have that.

Final list for 17:30 at d'Overkant:

Catallena
missemma
human
LttrlySusan
SquishPhan
Sterrex
Meikerd (you didn't confirm yet, but I'm just gonna assume lol)
coffeepenguin
Flomy
Larissa1242
citizen_erased
emmaP
aralik (like i suggested on twitter, you can always opt out tomorrow. )
rainliketheweather (contacted via PM)

I look forward to meeting you all! <3

Make sure to contact me if you're not sure how to get there from the station or something, I'll try to arrive at the station at around 5 so maybe we can figure something out and walk together.

(btw free food tip from my dad: If you want dessert, try ice salon Pisa IJs directly across the road from d'Overkant, on front of The Corner and Visaandeschelde. There might be a long line, but he says it's some of the best ice cream in the city.)
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
Flomy
sofa crease

Yay, thanks for making the reservation! I am kinda nervous but also very much looking forward to meeting some lovely idb people. Can't believe tomorrow we're actually seeing them! It was kinda surreal seeing the Amsterdam pictures on Instagram today. :mrgreen:
aralik
sad dimple

awesome, thanks Catellena!! :tu: i will hopefully manage to meet with some people including JustMe before the matinee show at d'Overkant. and hopefully maybe meet more of you after the matinee if i can <3
ugh.