Netherlands - Amsterdam Rai - 2nd June

missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides
Pronouns: she/her

Are you going to this date? Want to meet up with others? Here's the place to arrange it.

We want to hear all your reviews and opinions from this date. Seen a photo from the m&g you want to discuss, go ahead, we love a good discussion.

A few things:
- This forum is public, which means anyone can see information you post.
- If you are meeting up with others, please make sure you do this in a safe way. Make sure you know who you are meeting with beforehand, and do this in an open, safe place. Perhaps even Skype before to ensure your safety.
- If you are posting spoilers, please do so behind the spoiler tag.

Enjoy :)
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
dancy
procrastinator

Hi, I plan on going to this show and hopefully I'll be able to buy VIP tickets. I'm not sure whether I should go for the 2pm or the 8pm show though. I live in Amsterdam, so travel won't be a big problem for me. I'd love to hear what show you guys will be attending and why!
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

As I wrote in the main thread, I am currently looking for a job so there's a very good chance that I am moving before the tour and I also don't know if I can get holiday when I'd need it - so the Amsterdam show seems like the best bet for me right now. I can fly in on Saturday, do some sightseeing, see the show in the evening and leave again on Sunday,
If I literally move to Berlin or Stockholm I might go see them there instead but if I get good seats in Amsterdam, why not have a fun (though lonely?) weekend trip?
I know the show is in a looooong time but if anyone wants to meet up before and show me around the city (or discover it together, if you're not a local), I'd be up for it!

Can any locals suggest good seats in the theatre? I am never sure if I should go for higher up seats for the better angle or further to the front seats for proximity.
emmaP
phillion/danosaur <//3

LtrllySusan wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:27 am As I wrote in the main thread, I am currently looking for a job so there's a very good chance that I am moving before the tour and I also don't know if I can get holiday when I'd need it - so the Amsterdam show seems like the best bet for me right now. I can fly in on Saturday, do some sightseeing, see the show in the evening and leave again on Sunday,
If I literally move to Berlin or Stockholm I might go see them there instead but if I get good seats in Amsterdam, why not have a fun (though lonely?) weekend trip?
I know the show is in a looooong time but if anyone wants to meet up before and show me around the city (or discover it together, if you're not a local), I'd be up for it!

Can any locals suggest good seats in the theatre? I am never sure if I should go for higher up seats for the better angle or further to the front seats for proximity.
Hi!

I'm up for it! I'm going to the show by myself cause none on my friends are really into youtube (im 24 btw)! The only thing is that i'm going to get VIP tickets and I read that you'd have to be at the venue 3,5 hours early, so if you're going to get regular tickets idk if that's going to be an issue. Im dutch myself (but lived in london for a while) so I kind of know my way around Amsterdam :)
Flomy
sofa crease

Hi! I am going to buy tickets for this show as well! Rally want to get VIP ones. And I also would like to meet up with other people before, because I will be all by myself. :mrgreen:
msbluesky
smol bean

Hi, after lurking for some time, I thought now would be a good time to start posting.
I'm planning on going to the matinee show as it fits my travel plans better. But I'm kind of anxious about going alone and I would like to actually have a bit more info about the show. Hope it's nothing like TATINOF, because while it was good, it wasn't my sort of thing.
LtrllySusan wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:27 am Can any locals suggest good seats in the theatre? I am never sure if I should go for higher up seats for the better angle or further to the front seats for proximity.
I've never been to the RAI theatre, but I've read some reviews and most people say that on the rows further to the front (of course not the first row) you only see heads. Apparently the floor does not ascend as it should. Same goes for the balcony.

https://www.rai.nl/en/theater/visitor-i ... e-theatre/ Here you can find some floor plans.
JustMe
living flop
Pronouns: She/her

emmaP wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:42 am
LtrllySusan wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:27 am As I wrote in the main thread, I am currently looking for a job so there's a very good chance that I am moving before the tour and I also don't know if I can get holiday when I'd need it - so the Amsterdam show seems like the best bet for me right now. I can fly in on Saturday, do some sightseeing, see the show in the evening and leave again on Sunday,

Hi!

I'm up for it! I'm going to the show by myself cause none on my friends are really into youtube (im 24 btw)! The only thing is that i'm going to get VIP tickets and I read that you'd have to be at the venue 3,5 hours early, so if you're going to get regular tickets idk if that's going to be an issue. Im dutch myself (but lived in london for a while) so I kind of know my way around Amsterdam :)
Hello! I'm up for some exploration of Amsterdam. I'm Dutch, but not been to Amsterdam much so would like to see some more of it :D I'm still wondering if I should go to the afternoon or evening show, you guys have any recommendations? Would the vibe be better in the evening, or would the first one be the most origional and fresh?? :hmmm:
~ I'll be bold as well as strong and use my head alongside my heart ~
SquishPhan
capita£ester

If all goes well I will be going to the evening show. Don’t think I’ll do the M&G since it’s not really my thing.

I would be down for a meet up as well.
citizen_erased
truth bomb

I'm probably going to the matinee with a regular ticket because I am perpetually broke and don't want to pay for a hotel when I can also just go home that same day.

I'm definitely up for meeting and hanging out with all y'all though! I'm from the other side of the country and only go to Amsterdam maaaaybe twice a year (mostly for gay pride :lol: ) so I'm not super familiar with the city but I do know where to find the Waterstones so there's that, I guess. :lol:
emmaP
phillion/danosaur <//3

JustMe wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:36 am I'm still wondering if I should go to the afternoon or evening show, you guys have any recommendations? Would the vibe be better in the evening, or would the first one be the most origional and fresh?? :hmmm:
I personally think that the early meet&greet is better, since my guess is they're probably already pretty tired at the second M&G, i mean, i would be, after a full meet and greet and a show.
I do think that the show itself would be more fun in the evening. (Mainly because I think that the audience is going to be a bit older)
pls let me know what you're going to do because I can't choose as well T_T'

citizen_erased wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:58 am I'm definitely up for meeting and hanging out with all y'all though! I'm from the other side of the country and only go to Amsterdam maaaaybe twice a year (mostly for gay pride :lol: ) so I'm not super familiar with the city but I do know where to find the Waterstones so there's that, I guess. :lol:
gay pride and good books, i mean, what more do you need in amsterdam, ha.
loonyradish
living flop

Hey everyone!
I couldn't go to tatinof, so I'm gonna seize the chance and spend all my money on this one :D I'm from Germany, but Amsterdam is way closer than Berlin.
I'm planning on going to the evening show, and I'd probably arrive in the morning, so I'd love to join your city exploration/meet up, if y'all don't mind! <3
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Most likely not going to the show for various reasons but if people wanna do some mini IDB meetup in the city at some point I'd be up for that. I live like 30 minutes away by train so any time of day works for me. I'm not as familiar with Amsterdam as I really should be but I can try :')
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
fleur-de-lis
butt chair

I'll probably go to both Amsterdam shows! Berlin is a bit closer, I went their last time for the Tatinof shows, but we decided to stay in Amsterdam for the weekend.
We'll definitely try for VIP!
misakichan274
delia smith
Pronouns: she/they

I was inspired by today's ls to book the tickets even if I'm not quite sure I'll be in Netherlands at the time but if all goes well with the new job, I should be able to attend it.. I'm not up for the M&G but am planning on getting the regular tickets. Not quite decided whether to opt for the matinee or the evening yet. Would definitely love to have a meet up (and sightseeing!) on the day though :)
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

So... I might go? Depends on what mood I am in when sales start tomorrow. And if I do I'll go for the cheapest option available. Which show are you all gonna try for?
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
Meikerd
smol bean

Hello! This is my first post here, but I'll also be going to the Amsterdam show! I'll try to get VIP and I'm going to the evening one I think because otherwise you'll have to be there at 10.30 and thats a little too early for me :')
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

Bit mad at myself for not checking the floor plan before buying; I refreshed ticketmaster in both Firefox and Chrome and techically the ones I didn't buy would have been better cause I didn't know that my other seat would be all the way at the side. Still pretty far in the front and on the left side (I guess that's Dan's side?), so yay!
citizen_erased
truth bomb

LtrllySusan wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:10 pm Bit mad at myself for not checking the floor plan before buying; I refreshed ticketmaster in both Firefox and Chrome and techically the ones I didn't buy would have been better cause I didn't know that my other seat would be all the way at the side. Still pretty far in the front and on the left side (I guess that's Dan's side?), so yay!
I'm the tiniest bit mad at myself for not staying calmer and looking at the drop down menu better. I literally had a tab open with the floorplan. Ah well, at least we both got tickets! Honestly it felt a lot easier than I expected, after all the posts I've seen of people not getting tickets.
SquishPhan
capita£ester

I'm also someone who forgot to really look at the floor plan, but in the end I'm really happy with where I ended up.

Also I got a ticket for the evening show and am still up for meeting people.
Flomy
sofa crease

Lol I am mad at myself too! Was trying for VIP and had another tab with regular tickets, good ones. Had to pay in 10 minutes and I did (had 5 minutes left) but those tickets were gone. :") Now I'm in row 22, but I couldn't care less: seeing them live! :thumb:
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

See you there guys! Bought tickets for both shows, did try for VIP but was sold out instantly, but not bothered, least we are going! We should deffo hang out and go to a bar or something!
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

It's true ladies. Ya girl is going and got the cheap shitty balcony ticket she always wanted :D

I didn't look at the floor plan either but Ticketmaster error-ed the hell out on me when I went to pay the first time and it went all NO TICKETS AVAILABLE a bunch of times after that, so by the second time I actually got a ticket I was less focused on what shitty seat I was gonna get stuck with and just wanted to get it over with.

Will I regret this when Klarna comes knocking on my door next week? Yeah probably. I't'll be fine by the time June 2nd rolls around I hope :')

Let's meetup <3
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
loonyradish
living flop

Ah omg, I'm so glad the stress is finally over :lol:
Got a normal ticket in row 9 and super happy with it!! though I paid twice as much as I intended

Looking forward to meet y'all!
aralik
sad dimple

hey all, i haven't posted here for ages but here i am again :philtrash:
gah, i'm a bit frustrated because my bf wanted to join me but i managed to screw up and ended up being able to buy only one ticket for myself. i was also stupid in buying the tickets because i had 2 reserved in the balcony but forgot to press 'ga verder' and then they were gone as i was checking for other seat options. so only very expensive tickets were left and i could buy one only for myself, i'm so broke :sobs: but i HAD TO see them so, it's my only chance i think. so yay i'm gonna see them :6-year-old dan: :cheer: :love2:
i'm going to the matinee gig as i just moved to the southern neighbors but i would love to meet you before or after, at the venue or downtown!! let's arrange something!
ugh.
msbluesky
smol bean

I've got a ticket to matinee show! :D

I actually studied the floor plan before, but I definitely didn't expect that so many seats were classified as first class. So, that threw me off a bit. Now I've got a first row balcony seat, which cost more money than I orginally wanted to spent, but yeah...

I'm going alone, so I'm up for meeting for people!