Netherlands - Amsterdam Rai - 2nd June

SquishPhan
capita£ester
Pronouns: she/her

Flomy wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:56 pm
SquishPhan wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:52 pm I'm on my way to d'Overkant now, so should be there soonish.
I'll be on my way in a minute too! Is Sarah/@Catallena's table available already (asking because they were quite fully booked IIRC?)?
I'm not sure if the table is available already.
I am here already standing in front of the main entrance.
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

It was super lovely to meet you all ❤️

I have the group photo, if anyone wants it then please message me. Also, let me know if you don’t mind me posting it! I won’t until I’ve heard from you x
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
aralik
sad dimple

it was really nice with the smallish group of matinee people we met up with! i have some photos of us, and am willing to share them, pm me for a link.
it was also me (with the pink hair) who came and managed to say hello and wish a good time to the evening peeps! i wish i could meet more of y'all! :love2: (special thanks to all the extra info and arrangements of catallena).
the show was amazing! i and all the matinee peeps really loved it! what a special experience to have and to have been able to share it with like-minded people! i now understand and feel jealous of missemma and human for having seen more than one show :D hope y'all enjoyed the evening show!
i just want to end with saying i feel so lucky to have seen this show! i have a lot of appreciation and love for dan and phil and i am so proud of them <3
ugh.
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

Thanks for the great meetup, guys! And thanks for understanding that I wanted to avoid spoilers - I'm glad I did because
I'm still absolutely shooketh about the phan part in the rap.
Really looking forward to catching up on all the spoiler discussions of the last month.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

BABES <3 <3 <3

Y'all were the most lovely part of my day tbh. Dan and Phil who? It was great to get to know some of the people behind the usernames. I hope every one had a a nice dinner, a great show and made some friends. Even the staff at the restaurant loved us, they called us 'the better group' as opposed to the other one.

I enjoyed the show and will post a more through review at a later time, but rn I'm exhausted :bedtime:
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
coffeepenguin
rainbow nerd

I still need to process my emotions after the show, which proves that reading spoilers doesn't prepare you for anything, at least when you're an introvert, but I just want to say how much I loved meeting you guys, you're all officially the best :love2: sorry if I wasn't very social, I promise it's just my nerves

@aralik I only briefly saw you but your cardigan is forever in my heart <3

I would love to hear how the two Amsterdam shows were different if anyone who went to both feels like writing a review!
Dan wants to be understood. Phil just wants to make the viewer smile and sell some backpacks (c) fancybum
Sterrex
phillion/danosaur <//3

missemma wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:59 pm It was super lovely to meet you all ❤️

I have the group photo, if anyone wants it then please message me. Also, let me know if you don’t mind me posting it! I won’t until I’ve heard from you x
I tried to pm you, but it didn’t work :p
I would love to have the picture you took at dinner and i wouldn’t mind if you posted it :)
Thanks for an awesome night! ☺️
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

LtrllySusan wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:34 pm Thanks for the great meetup, guys! And thanks for understanding that I wanted to avoid spoilers - I'm glad I did because
I'm still absolutely shooketh about the phan part in the rap.
Really looking forward to catching up on all the spoiler discussions of the last month.
Hahaha the best bit of the show tbh.
Sterrex wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:42 pm
I tried to pm you, but it didn’t work :p
I would love to have the picture you took at dinner and i wouldn’t mind if you posted it :)
Thanks for an awesome night! ☺️
When I’m home I’ll upload it somewhere and then PM you all the link to it I think, would be the easiest way! :)
Meikerd
smol bean

It was so nice meeting you all!! And I really loved the show as well, aaahh what a perfect day ♡ Hope you all have a nice week!
Flomy
sofa crease

coffeepenguin wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:02 am I would love to hear how the two Amsterdam shows were different if anyone who went to both feels like writing a review!
I hope your emotions are processed! I went to both shows so I can tell you a bit about the differences (sorry this is not a review because I already had to look in other topics to check if I covered everything, damn you short term memory).

In my opinion the shows were pretty similar! But there were a few differences if I remember correctly. The intro was a bit different, during the matinee show they only shared the bike anecdote and didn't talk about stroopwafels. Also, during the part where they were explaining what we weren't gonna see, the video didn't work properly (there was a blue screen for a few moments right?). During the matinee show we saw Dan on the toilet and Phil eating/stealing cereal or something like that.

I believe Phil's simulation was the same, but Dan's simulation took another turn. The crowd chose the memes option instead of the "go to a furry rave" one and the meme option killed Dan so that was a bit shorter.

Was the mob mentality part next? There were of course different answers from the crowd and there were a few other dogs in the grid. We were called Frank instead of Linda.

I don' t remember the differences in the survey, I believe that in the matinee show DITL was the best series on the channel and in the evening it was PINOF. The biggest difference was that Dan was on the wheel in the afternoon instead of Phil. (Unfortunately Phil didn't hit Dan lol). Phil had a different "murder outfit", a silver apron instead of the black thing Dan was wearing.

The Dan vs Phil questions and dilemmas were different, Phil lost again (bad friend) so he got the ultimate shock again. Different questions during the advice part of course and alsof different wholesome Howell/x-rated Lester concepts and different awards (I am so sorry for not remembering the questions and dilemmas and all the specific things, I am not very observant + didn't watch with the intention to remember it very specifically so I hope you're not disappointed lol maybe someone else will write a matinee review).

And some jokes throughout the show were different, when they were explaining what the "long boys" (the II signs next to the stage) stand for Phil said something about "blahblah (word with I) insects". So it was mostly the same but it was different enough for me, I enjoyed seeing both the shows! Also: it felt like the audience was much louder during the matinee show. This is what I remembered, hope I didn't forget anything!

I loved it so much! Good to see them in the flesh. Dinner with you guys was very nice, thanks for making this a great experience.
SquishPhan
capita£ester

I had a really great time yesterday, and a big part of that was meeting you guys. So thank you all for a great day. :D :ribena:

I also really enjoyed the show. Do agree with most people that the second half was better than the first, but even that first hour just flew by.
I was pleasantly surprised that I saw Phil get sacrificed because from what I gather it’s Dan most of the time.
The ending with Phil rapping (and the song) was my favorite part, it was so funny. :lol:

All in all it was a great experience.
human
dan hand trash

Aaaah I absolutely loved meeting you all, it was fantastic. Can't thank you all enough for coming along, it can be daunting but always worth it 8-)
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

missemma wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:35 pm When I’m home I’ll upload it somewhere and then PM you all the link to it I think, would be the easiest way! :)
Can you pm me the photo too?

Btw, did someone record the evening show? You know, for when I'm 99 and in my rocking chair. I'm a bit sad I didn't take any photos during the show (since it was forbidden... But I should have sneakily taken a few)
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

I’ll PM you all a link at some point today, sorry was so tired when I got home last night that I really couldn’t face turning on my laptop!

@LtrllySusan if you ask @human nicely she audio’d it 😍
coffeepenguin
rainbow nerd

@Flomy thanks for answering! <3 I am more interested in changes in the mood or some memorable banter anyway, than in purely factual differences, like what truth bombs were shown, so what you wrote is perfect :tu:

As you thought that the matinee audience was louder than during the evening show, would you say that they were also a bit younger?

I'm actually a bit surprised that the meme option in the simulation killed Dan directly. Does anyone know if all the options, however innocent they seem, invariably lead to deppys's death?
Dan wants to be understood. Phil just wants to make the viewer smile and sell some backpacks (c) fancybum
Flomy
sofa crease

coffeepenguin wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:07 pm
As you thought that the matinee audience was louder than during the evening show, would you say that they were also a bit younger?
Jup, I think the matinee people were slightly younger indeed!
citizen_erased
truth bomb

bit late because of Reasons but I just wanted to say I loved the show on saturday! It's kinda surreal how quickly the show was over, after that incredibly long wait :lol:

I also had a great time meeting you guys! Thank you all for the lovely dinner and the photo! I was definitely very nervous about this part of the day (yay social anxiety :roll: ) but you were all very lovely and kind <3
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Late as hell but as promised to at least 1 person, here are my extensive thoughts on Interactive Introverts (Evening Edition) :D

Let's start by saying that I thought it was overall a lovely show and that I enjoyed watching it. Those 20 euros for my balcony ticket were worth it yo. The set takes 'pretty things hurt' to heart, because while the set is absolutely stunning, I also kept being afraid that they would trip and break their damn necks. The show itself was a genuinely fun experience, but it did have its highs and lows. As others have said previously, the second half of the show was truly superior. The fist half is amusing enough, but it's long, repetitive and just not very interesting. If I had gone in without any spoilers I might have been a bit disappointed by the time I reached the break. :shrug:

I liked their Amsterdam monologue, even if there's nothing groundbreaking about Phil eating 2.5 stroopwafels or almost getting run over by Amsterdam's Cyclists Of Death. But I like it when D&P tell little stories because it's something they're genuinely good at and I enjoy listening. I kinda wish that the show had more of a story telling aspect to it, it'd be so nice.

I also liked the Things That Dan And Phil Will Not Do On Stage bit, but hot damn that's when the screaming really started. Especially at the police roleplay bit and the 'stripping'. My left ear still hasn't recovered, my right ear is slowly getting there.

Truth Bombs wasn't great, it doesn't get more scandalous than houseplants and furries. Yawn. The thing that amused me the most was seeing the name 'Gareth' with one of the answers. Gareth is not a Dutch name. At all. In fact, I looked it up on the Meertens Instituut website and about 17 whole men in The Netherlands have that name. And one of them just happened to be one of the few men in the audience who was also lucky enough to get his answer chosen. Hmmmmmmm... :hmmm:

The Simulation part was long, boring and just didn't make much sense to me? It kinda stopped being amusing halfway through and I would have kept zoning out if it wasn't for all the SCREAMING that was necessary for that part. I felt like the audience was pretty into it though, so that was good. For them. I lol'd at the Horse Prince joke, I didn't like those videos but I appreciated it anyway.

The Experiment was ok. I don't remember 'our' dog (sorry dog), but the box part was very well done even though the audience wasn't particularly adventurous with their answers. I'm not even asking for someone to shout 'monster dildo' or anything (jk that's exactly what i'm asking), just something a little more interesting. Almost nobody sitting around me looked for the key under their chair btw.

The Survey is also long and boring, but it leads to The Wheel so we forgive her. The audience were a bunch of Dangirls apparently, because poor Phil got sacrificed on the wheel. I had hoped for it to be Dan (I just really feel Phil's motion sickness ok?) it was still brilliant. Dan got pretty close to hitting Phil in the dick as well. :thumb: At the end when Phil was trying to get his suit off, the audience were being a bunch of horny bastards and screaming with every little wriggle he made. I totally didn't do that, obviously. Ahum.

Wholesome Howell and X-Rated Lester was fine. Not one of the best parts of the show, but still very amusing. Dan trying to be positive about the apocalypse by calling humans a plague wasn't very wholesome tho. :lol:

The Dan vs. Phil Friendship Test, aka The One Where They Shock Each Other was one of my favorite parts. I'm not sure what that says about me lol. Dan's proud Phil Trashiness jumped out by being able to name 3 of Phil's old vidoes, and he made a comment about what a scary billionaire Phil would be. Y'all know I'm a hoe for Phil and money jokes. 8-) Meanwhile Phil got the big shock and between that and The Wheel, he really had rough show that night. I hope he got himself an extra stroopwafel after the show. Or downed that entire thing of sweets that the Rai gave them.

Real Conversation Time isn't super interesting, it's obviously a bit of a breather between the more intense parts. But it does allow for some cute and more natural bants, which I did enjoy. Phil sat really close to the edge on one side of the stage which made it kinda hard for people on the balcony to see him, so everyone in front of me was half standing up which made it even harder and that was distracting. So I just watched Dan sitting pretty in my field of vision.

The only thing I really remember about The Awards were their mesmerizing sparkly jackets lol. I like shiny things.

BUT THEN. There was Phil's diss track. I really expected to both be amazed AND cringe into a puddle under my chair but the latter did not happen. Something I noticed about Phil in general that he seemed a lot more confident on stage than during TATINOF or most other public speaking things that he has done in the past. He's still not really sure what to do with his arms sometimes, but there's less nervous fist clenching and he seems more relaxed. And it really helps him deliver that diss track perfectly. The crowd went wild for it, and I loved it. There's nothing better than hearing Phil loudly yell 'BITCH' in a room full of people. :love2:

Speaking of not cringing into a puddle, I also held up during the closing song. I still literally can't make it through The Internet Is Here, but Interactive Introverts was just so lovely and felt more genuine. Dan did great at the piano (not that I know shit about it), and they still can't sing but they were cute so who cares? You learn to ignore vocals as a kpop fan IT'S FINE.

And then it was over. :(

A last note is that although they go on a tangent about showing the 'real' Dan and Phil at the beginning, there's not much of that. They still firmly stick to their formula and when they stray from it, it's just as scripted as their usual stuff. I didn't expect much of that anyway so it's fine, but it's still odd to get something pretty different from what they were advertising only minutes earlier. As far as their relationship with their audience goes, people pointed out that it kinda felt like getting scolded and I can see where people are coming from but it's also not the first time I've had that feeling (hello Dan liveshows) so it didn't bother me that much. Ultimately everything they did on that stage was their choice so whatever.

Anyway, I had a good time and the boys seemed to have a good time as well, so I'm so glad I went. Sometimes the show seemed a bit all over the place with all the various segments and there were some segments that just didn't land for me, but in a way that is pretty representative for my general Phannie experience. Not all their videos are my cup of tea either and I sometimes question their decisions, but I still have good time. :ribena:
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr