Netherlands - Amsterdam Rai - 2nd June

Flomy
sofa crease
Pronouns: she/her

JustMe wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 7:11 am I'm making a whatsapp group for matinee people, mostly non-vip so far, but depending on the meetup time, we can meet up with VIP people too. Me and @Flomy and @misakichan274 have already discussed doing some lunch beforehand, so please let me know if you want to join!

The wait went really fast for me, I feel like it was January 2 months ago. Part of why I really want to see the date is so that I can stop (trying to) avoid all the spoilers!
I'd like to join! I keep thinking we don't have to make plans yet because it's still months away, but it's in less than a month already (where did time go indeed!?). Excited! (Only thing is, I also have tickets for the matinee so I might not be able to join lol, but we'll see).

@Catallena (I don't know how to properly tag someone oops) dankjewel! A ticket from my place to Amsterdam is €15,- already, so that's a good deal. :tu:
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

LtrllySusan wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:06 pm I was just rewatching the Truth Bombs video and I had this brilliant idea that we should meet up in the afternoon (sorry, matinee people) and play that game together! I remember a lot of people said in the main thread that they don't really have anyone to play with, so wouldn't that be fun? :D
Ooooh that sounds so fun, I would be up for that although I'm going to the matinee show but if that finishes around 4pm and the evening isn't until 8pm then there is lots of time :D

Me and @human are staying in the Rai area so up for whatever people wanna do. I don't need to go into central Amsterdam really as I've been so many times and sight seeing has all been done.

Also, I would also appreciate any meet up information being in here as I am trying not to use whatsapp at the moment :lol:
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

I would also like to keep the planning in the forum thread or PMs).

I think one of you locals should just make a call when and where us evening people should meet for coffee.

If anyone wants to go sightseeing before, let me know!
(I can't scroll up rn but I remember one person wrote already)
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

I'm visiting family in Amsterdam on Wednesday and they don't live that far from the Rai area, so my dad has agreed to go by there first. He used to work near the Rai so I hope he can give some recs on places to eat and get drinks as well :D
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
citizen_erased
truth bomb

missemma wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 5:17 pm
LtrllySusan wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:06 pm I was just rewatching the Truth Bombs video and I had this brilliant idea that we should meet up in the afternoon (sorry, matinee people) and play that game together! I remember a lot of people said in the main thread that they don't really have anyone to play with, so wouldn't that be fun? :D
Ooooh that sounds so fun, I would be up for that although I'm going to the matinee show but if that finishes around 4pm and the evening isn't until 8pm then there is lots of time :D

Me and @human are staying in the Rai area so up for whatever people wanna do. I don't need to go into central Amsterdam really as I've been so many times and sight seeing has all been done.

Also, I would also appreciate any meet up information being in here as I am trying not to use whatsapp at the moment :lol:
yay fellow matinee people!

I'm not from Amsterdam (or anywhere close really lmao), so I'm going to leave the decision making up to someone else and will just tag along if that's alright with you guys :)
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Ok so I quickly walked through today (didn't have much time) but there are a lot of good food and drink options at Scheldeplein which is on the other side of the convention centre. I think the best meet up spot would be Café-Restaurant d'Overkant, it's very recognizable right on one of the corners and has a lot of space for a group of people. It's good for lunch, dinner and drinks :D

For VIP matinees (idk if we have them) or just people who find joy in getting up early in the morning, d'Overkant isn't open until 11. But 'De Nieuwe Rai' is open early and serves breakfast. It's on the other side of Scheldeplein (towards the side of the convention centre) and you can recognize it by the red and green neon sign that says 'Belegde Broodjes'. Just like the other two, the building is right on a corner. Can't miss it.

Map 2.0

Red = The Rai auditorium and theater
Blue = d'Overkant
Green = De Nieuwe Rai

Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
Sterrex
phillion/danosaur <//3

Hello everyone!
I’ll be arriving at the RAI station between 12 and 13 on june 2nd.
I am going out for lunch and maybe another girl i met through this forum will join.
If anyone wants to join, just respond and i’ll put you in our skype group :) and if you just want to make plans on this forum, that’s totally fine too!

Also, we are meeting up with someone else somewhere between 15 and 16 and we’ll just go see some stuff in Amsterdam. If you want to join, tell me :)
Everyone is welcome!
Sterrex
phillion/danosaur <//3

Btw, we were thinking that we would either have lunch in amsterdam central and then go to rai, or we could grab lunch in RAI Amsterdam.
Whatever everyone wants is fine :)

Maybe the meeting point and place to get lunch could be:
- De nieuwe Rai (RAI Amsterdam)
- Cafe de jaren (Central Amsterdam)

If anyone knows a nice place to get lunch, feel free to say so :)
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

Catallena wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 12:24 am Ok so I quickly walked through today (didn't have much time) but there are a lot of good food and drink options at Scheldeplein which is on the other side of the convention centre. I think the best meet up spot would be Café-Restaurant d'Overkant, it's very recognizable right on one of the corners and has a lot of space for a group of people. It's good for lunch, dinner and drinks :D

For VIP matinees (idk if we have them) or just people who find joy in getting up early in the morning, d'Overkant isn't open until 11. But 'De Nieuwe Rai' is open early and serves breakfast. It's on the other side of Scheldeplein (towards the side of the convention centre) and you can recognize it by the red and green neon sign that says 'Belegde Broodjes'. Just like the other two, the building is right on a corner. Can't miss it.

Map 2.0

Red = The Rai auditorium and theater
Blue = d'Overkant
Green = De Nieuwe Rai

I am doing some sightseeing first but how about we meet up at the d'Overkant at 17.30-18.00 for some dinner and then go to the venue afterwards?
Who's in?
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

LtrllySusan wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 4:16 pm I am doing some sightseeing first but how about we meet up at the d'Overkant at 17.30-18.00 for some dinner and then go to the venue afterwards?
Who's in?
I'd be up for meeting at 17:30 for food/drinks before the show 8-)
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

I'll definitely be there at 17:30! Haven't really sorted the rest of my day yet, I might go to Amsterdam and grab lunch in the city center somewhere but if I'm lazy I won't leave home until later in the day 8-)

We're pretty lucky with the weather btw, there's gonna be a lot of rain this week but it's expected to be dry on Saturday. Temperature will be 25°C, so do expect hot humidity...
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
SquishPhan
capita£ester

Count me in as well.

I'm also in for some sightseeing beforehand.
Larissa1242
placenta

I am going to the matinee and would really to meet up with people before hand. (I'm 21 and I'm getting really anxious about going alone, also it would be nice to be excited with some other people :platonic: )

So if someone can tell me what plan for lunch I could join and add me in a groupchat if that's a thing I would really love that.
Sterrex
phillion/danosaur <//3

Me and two (maybe three) other girls will be there at 17:30! :)
We have a skypegroup, maybe adding everyone in would be easier, because otherwise we don’t know who to look for or how many people are joining.
Meikerd
smol bean

I'm also in for meeting at d'en Overkant! :)
Sterrex
phillion/danosaur <//3

Larissa1242 wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 6:27 pm I am going to the matinee and would really to meet up with people before hand. (I'm 21 and I'm getting really anxious about going alone, also it would be nice to be excited with some other people :platonic: )

So if someone can tell me what plan for lunch I could join and add me in a groupchat if that's a thing I would really love that.

Hi! I was planning on going out for lunch around 13:00
The girl i was going with cancelled, so i’m also alone now :p
I’m in contact with one other girl, so i’ll ask her if she wants to join.
I would love to go together and if possible with more people. I read some people are going to do some sightseeing and i would love to join, but everyone who wants to do that should join our skype group :p that really is the easiest way to get a group together.
Anyway, i would love to get lunch! Anyone else? :)
citizen_erased
truth bomb

Sterrex wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 8:41 pm
Larissa1242 wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 6:27 pm I am going to the matinee and would really to meet up with people before hand. (I'm 21 and I'm getting really anxious about going alone, also it would be nice to be excited with some other people :platonic: )

I would love to go together and if possible with more people. I read some people are going to do some sightseeing and i would love to join, but everyone who wants to do that should join our skype group :p that really is the easiest way to get a group together.
I'm going to the matinee show alone so I'd love to go get lunch with you! I don't have skype, but I can just keep following this thread.
coffeepenguin
rainbow nerd

I won't be there until later in the afternoon, but count me in for food/drinks at 17:30, too, I will be happy to meet you guys! :)
Dan wants to be understood. Phil just wants to make the viewer smile and sell some backpacks (c) fancybum
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

I am excited that so many are joining!
Just please, please no spoilers for the show at dinner :platonic:

See you all Saturday!
Sterrex
phillion/danosaur <//3

Did everyone see the weather forecast? 😢
We should find something to do inside 😅
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Aw boo! :( The weather forecast looked nice a few days ago. I probably won't go to Amsterdam much earlier than meet up time then. I don't think I'll feel like walking around the city center in the rain.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
bee
phabergé

citizen_erased wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 9:34 pm
Sterrex wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 8:41 pm

I'm going to the matinee show alone so I'd love to go get lunch with you! I don't have skype, but I can just keep following this thread.
I'm going alone to the matinee as well and would love to join you guys for lunch if possible :) I'm also nervous and meeting people beforehand would be great! Though it would be either way but I'm stressing myself out a bit lol
I'll look in the thread for the skype thing
JustMe
living flop
Pronouns: She/her

So to summarize for matinee people: meetingplace D'overkant from 12.00 onwards for lunch? I'm making a whatsappgroup for anyone who's interested, so just PM me your number and you'll be added. How are you people going to find each other without it? Are you all like bringing a single red rose or something? :D
~ I'll be bold as well as strong and use my head alongside my heart ~
aralik
sad dimple

Hey all,
I'm going to the matinee show alone and would love to meet some people beforehand (and/or afterwards)! I'm also getting a bit nervous about the show so it would be really nice to have some company and meet some people from here <3
I'm coming to Amsterdam with my bf and I'm not sure what time we will arrive, but I would like to try and meet some of you at d'Overkant before the show. I don't have WhatsApp but I will get into touch with some of you from here to exchange phone numbers.
Just got an email that the show will end around 16:15 so perhaps we can also go afterwards to d'Overkant again? Oh that way we'll also be able to see the evening show peeps?
ugh.
human
dan hand trash

Yo ‘Dam peeps! Almost time! I’ve just booked tomorrow off work as I’m tired and haven’t even packed yet but our flight is tomorrow evening.

If someone could help me find something gluten free to eat around the venue, I’d be soooo grateful btw! I mean, I’m vegan but tbh when traveling I can’t afford to be picky so will eat anything so long as it’s gluten free and not salmon. I just, no. Bleurgh. But despite my work having a Dutch office in Rotterdam who I know fairly well, I speak zero Dutch and get really anxious about asking in restaurants. It’s a curse.

I would love to meet up with everyone possible but am trying to give up whatsapp, so if any details could be pm’ed or posted in here I would be so appreciative! :love2: