Phoenix - Comerica - 7th August

missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides
Pronouns: she/her

Are you going to this date? Want to meet up with others? Here's the place to arrange it.

We want to hear all your reviews and opinions from this date. Seen a photo from the m&g you want to discuss, go ahead, we love a good discussion.

A few things:
- This forum is public, which means anyone can see information you post.
- If you are meeting up with others, please make sure you do this in a safe way. Make sure you know who you are meeting with beforehand, and do this in an open, safe place. Perhaps even Skype before to ensure your safety.
- If you are posting spoilers, please do so behind the spoiler tag.

Enjoy :)
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
sonicgreen
woodland creature

Preparing to give deppy all my money tomorrow, and decided to check the IDB thread for any locals. Anyone else here for the Phoenix venue? <3 :deppy: :garbage:
PhandomDweller
not a first-time poster
Pronouns: She / Her

I'm hopefully going to be coming! The price isn't sounding outrageous according to Phil's tweets. I missed TATINOF and there is no way I'm missing this.
I can't wait to meet more people in the phandom.
sonicgreen
woodland creature

PhandomDweller wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:49 pm I'm hopefully going to be coming! The price isn't sounding outrageous according to Phil's tweets. I missed TATINOF and there is no way I'm missing this.
I can't wait to meet more people in the phandom.
wow- first post! :welcome:
good luck, I hope you can get tickets! I missed tatinof too but wasn’t too bummed when I watched the yt red version (not really my style). I am all over this show, though. Whatever they do I’m sure it will be amazing, given just how much love and creativity they put into anything.
(edit: added quote tag)
PhandomDweller
not a first-time poster
Pronouns: She / Her

sonicgreen wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:58 am Preparing to give deppy all my money tomorrow, and decided to check the IDB thread for any locals. Anyone else here for the Phoenix venue? <3 :deppy: :garbage:
Did you get tickets???
alien
procrastinator

I'm so excited! I don't know how I'm going to contain myself for the next 9 months. I hope other people going to the phx show join idb. :hearts:
sonicgreen
woodland creature

PhandomDweller wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:13 am
sonicgreen wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:58 am Preparing to give deppy all my money tomorrow, and decided to check the IDB thread for any locals. Anyone else here for the Phoenix venue? <3 :deppy: :garbage:
Did you get tickets???
Ha yes i did thanks for asking! Hope everyone else managed to get the ones they wanted <3
sonicgreen
woodland creature

Today is the day! Is anyone else on IDB attending the Phoenix show tonight? :love2:
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual

alien wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:28 pm I ended up rewriting my m&g experience because it's so fun to go through it again in my head. To see my pictures and read my original (probably shorter) post you can go to my tumblr. I'd rather keep my pictures just on tumblr if I can. https://lazy-phan.tumblr.com/post/17677 ... from-my-mg

Meet and Greet

So anytime I think back to my m&g experience I just laugh at myself because I honestly was not expecting to react the way that I did. I’m between Dan and Phil in age, have been watching a long time but haven’t been involved in following them outside of just their videos or involved with phandom until last year sometime. I don’t know if that’s important or not but although I was very excited since tickets went on sale 9 months ago I also felt like we were on equal footing. I’ve never felt like they were some unattainable celebrity or that they weren’t real people. But for some reason when they suddenly turned to me to say hi and wave hello I completely lost my cool. I didn’t freak out on them or anything but I was suddenly this fumbling, very quiet, shy woman who needed to be guided through the whole thing lol. The funniest part to me about my reaction to them is that out of a whole list of things I could have said to them that had real meaning I instead said, “It’s weird that you guys are real.” WTF. Like, obviously they’re real. I’ve never had that thought before. I don’t know why that’s what my brain decided to say. And bless Phil, in true Phil Lester fashion said, “Well, I think we’re real.” and patted his chest. :rofl:

As they handed me back the card I had signed I also put my phone away??? And Dan asked if I wanted a picture?? Like my poor brain just couldn’t handle being in front of them I was so silly hahah. So I took my phone out and I literally fumbled with it and Dan tried to just take it out of my hands to do it himself because obviously he knows how to work an iphone. Then Phil said I should get between them for the picture and I was just so glad they were on top of everything and guided the whole experience because I was just out of it lol.

And that was it. My impressions of them were that they were such genuinely nice people. I’ve been to a tv convention before with tv actors and it really felt like it was all about the money. That as people we didn’t matter so much as individuals but that’s not at all the case with dnp. I watched them with the girl in front of me and they were so sweet and gentle and engaged with her. They look you in your eyes, if you have something to say they listen and respond. It really seemed like they realize how important those experiences are for the people there and they don’t take that responsibility lightly.

Other impressions, I couldn’t get over how much of a Grown Man Phil actually is. He lets his inner child out so much in videos and in his online persona (which I adore) but irl he was so calm and his voice seemed deeper and he just had the presence of a Grown Man. Dan, otoh, will always be 2009 Dan to me. I don’t mean that to say he hasn’t grown or matured or been through a lot but he is just so boyish to me. And meeting him in person I was like wow you are a giant boy. He was so smiley. I don’t know how else to put it. They were both so chill and calm in a way I wasn’t expecting but they were also so welcoming. I was expecting some nervous energy from one or both of them but there wasn’t any of that from either of them. Lastly, I know it’s obvious that they are tall but I genuinely felt so tiny next to them. I’m 5’6” which I think is pretty average but I just felt so small next to them and I don’t experience that too often around other people.
Overall, it was such a good experience. It was short and I was a fool but I was so happy afterwards and any time I think about it it makes me smile.

phx ii review

I don’t know that I actually processed anything they were saying during the intro of the show when I was sat there because even though I’d met them earlier it was still so bizarre to have them right in front of me on a stage performing. I remember being so proud of them for going beyond just youtube videos and performing live on stage to a (almost full) theatre of people. And they were so in their element. I know they have many many shows under their belts but I really believe they were truly meant for something like this. They were so present and engaged with the audience and also with each other. Early on in the tour I got a sense from reading through some of the show reviews and stuff that this was a finale of some sort. But I didn’t get that at all from seeing the show live. I also can’t imagine that this will be their last tour. I know Dan has said that there won’t be another but...they are so good onstage. They each have a very different stage presence. With some acting classes I really could see Dan doing theatre (if he wanted to obvs) because he looks so good on stage, he carries himself so well, he’s articulate, and those freaking dimples can be seen from across the room. When the spotlight hit him all I saw was dimples lol. And Phil has good stage presence as well but not in the same kind of theatrical way Dan does. And he’s just so funny without throwing it in your face that what he’s said/done is supposed to be a joke. I’m personally not a fan of game shows but he really could be a great host of some sort.

For the content of the show itself, I was entertained pretty much the whole time. Most of the segments were interesting and funny. The outline of the show worked really well I thought.

We got phantastic phacts back which was a lot of fun. Phil’s question was what year did Dan apply for university? Phil got it wrong (I think it was 2008 but he guessed 2009?). Dan’s question was what article of Dan’s clothing does Phil hate the most? Dan got it right and guessed the potato sack. This was one of my favorite parts of the show because Dan went on to say his thing about being Phil trash number one which the audience loudly awwed about but I was not expecting him to turn away from the audience with an eyeroll or something and with his back to the audience he had the biggest fucking smile on his stupid face. Like that little shit loves being Phil trash number one so much and he loves that everyone knows it.

The part of the show where one of them shoots the other up on the wheel was intense. Dan was on the wheel and Phil shot him twice in the knees at first (but of course we got lots of bants about it being omg!! So! Close! To! Dan’s! pen1s!!) but then the third shot he hit him in the side of the face! Like up on the goggles he was wearing. I don’t know how this usually goes in the show but I was shocked and it seemed like they were both shocked. But the whole thing was hilarious and fun.

Oh yeah during the second part of the show the house lights went up and the fire alarm started going off. And it seemed like everyone just kind of held their breath waiting for Dan and Phil to say something about it. It was right at the beginning of Wholesome Howell and X-Rated Lester (which was probably my least favorite part of the show - it was just kinda boring to me) and Dan was talking about where Wholesome Howell came from but after like 20 secs or something Phil was like is that the fire alarm? Give a second to check on it? And they both started to walk off stage but very quickly came back to say it was a false alarm. Tbh it was really scary, my heart was racing, because this is America and shit is crazy. Thankfully it was just the smoke machine setting off the alarm. I will say it was impressive how they came back from that hiccup and Phil remembered exactly where Dan was in his monologue about Wholesome Howell.

Another part of the show I loved was the what’s in dan’s secret box bit because I was not at all expecting a magic trick! I didn’t avoid spoilers at all but I also didn’t stalk the previous shows so I had no idea a magic trick was coming and I was genuinely stumped on how they did it I had to ask someone to explain it to me later online (and it’s so obvious but since I wasn’t expecting it coming I didn’t know to be looking for it you know?). It was great. I loved that part.

Overall, it was so much fun. I wanted to watch it all again immediately like I could a video. I can’t wait til it gets posted online. The atmosphere was intense and so full of energy I was in physical pain the whole time (I am a true introvert through and through the pain is no exaggeration on my part) but it was totally worth it because they really know how to put on a good show. And it’s so weird to me how before I met them and before I saw the show I really felt like “oh yeah they’re just normal people” but after I’m like yeah but they’re fucking performers and they’re so so talented in what they do. I guess my respect for them as entertainers grew even more than it already was.
"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."