Providence - Performing Arts Center - 20th July

missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides
Pronouns: she/her

Are you going to this date? Want to meet up with others? Here's the place to arrange it.

We want to hear all your reviews and opinions from this date. Seen a photo from the m&g you want to discuss, go ahead, we love a good discussion.

A few things:
- This forum is public, which means anyone can see information you post.
- If you are meeting up with others, please make sure you do this in a safe way. Make sure you know who you are meeting with beforehand, and do this in an open, safe place. Perhaps even Skype before to ensure your safety.
- If you are posting spoilers, please do so behind the spoiler tag.

Enjoy :)
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

Alrighty. I'm breakin' the silence on this one. I'll be 3rd row at the Providence show and I am pumped!

I'm also a little bit bitter, because I have to drive from Boston. And here I thought our pizza had convinced Dan to come back. SMH.
palomeheart
dank meme

I'll be going to the Providence show too, with my partner and another friend! We're very excited, though also a little annoyed/perplexed that they're not just returning to Boston. But I've liked Providence a lot the two times I've been, so I think we're going to use Deppy as an excuse to go down early and explore a bit more. We're also 3.5+ hours from Boston now, so the extra ~hour doesn't feel like that much more, but if I was still in Boston I definitely would have been grumbling a bit.

I'm also currently trying to talk myself out of buying tickets for Hartford too and crashing with a friend who lives conveniently in between the two, but I think we'll wait to see what our schedules are like in July and how different the content really is show-to-show. And how much more $$ I decide I feel like giving them. :roll:

Funnily enough (or maybe not since it was probably the closest restaurant to the theater), my partner and I ate at Boston Kitchen Pizza too right before seeing Tatinof, though it would have been hours after they were there since I came straight from work. I was unexpectedly shocked and, like, affected when Dan mentioned they had eaten there in a liveshow. :lol:
it's a useful thing
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

palomeheart wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:30 pmFunnily enough (or maybe not since it was probably the closest restaurant to the theater), my partner and I ate at Boston Kitchen Pizza too right before seeing Tatinof, though it would have been hours after they were there since I came straight from work. I was unexpectedly shocked and, like, affected when Dan mentioned they had eaten there in a liveshow. :lol:
Same! I was weirdly pleased he found something here that made it memorable. Warmed my cold, Bostonian heart.

And I definitely shamelessly went and got some of that pizza after he lost his shit over it. (Full Disclosure: It's not that great? But sure, Dan. Sure.)
tylybb
smol bean

Hello! Longtime lurker of IDB here. I'm driving up from Boston with my boyfriend to the Providence show. I'm further back in the venue but still really excited to see deppy!
rizzo wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:21 am
palomeheart wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:30 pmFunnily enough (or maybe not since it was probably the closest restaurant to the theater), my partner and I ate at Boston Kitchen Pizza too right before seeing Tatinof, though it would have been hours after they were there since I came straight from work. I was unexpectedly shocked and, like, affected when Dan mentioned they had eaten there in a liveshow. :lol:
Same! I was weirdly pleased he found something here that made it memorable. Warmed my cold, Bostonian heart.

And I definitely shamelessly went and got some of that pizza after he lost his shit over it. (Full Disclosure: It's not that great? But sure, Dan. Sure.)
I go to college down the road from Boston Kitchen Pizza and I screamed a little internally when Dan mentioned the pizza being good. :lol:
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

tylybb wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:24 am Hello! Longtime lurker of IDB here. I'm driving up from Boston with my boyfriend to the Providence show. I'm further back in the venue but still really excited to see deppy!
rizzo wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:21 am

I go to college down the road from Boston Kitchen Pizza and I screamed a little internally when Dan mentioned the pizza being good. :lol:
First of all, happy first post to you! Excellent username, if I do say so myself. :lol:

Happy to have another Bostonian schlepping over to Providence for these 2 losers. And same re: the pizza. I definitely still get excited that we left such a ~lasting impression~.
palomeheart
dank meme

tylybb wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:24 am Hello! Longtime lurker of IDB here. I'm driving up from Boston with my boyfriend to the Providence show. I'm further back in the venue but still really excited to see deppy!
Hi! Great username. We're pretty far back too- the ticket buying process was very overwhelming to me. I was huddled in a corner of a mostly silent study room at my university trying to show no signs of my inner crisis, so I missed out on the seats we were aiming for. Plus none of us wanted to spend too much money on them. My partner and I are already driving like 10+ hours total that weekend to see them, so I figured that was bad enough. But we wanted to see it with our friend who we roped into watching deppy right after tatinof and has still never forgiven me for keeping them a secret until after the tour ended.

Also, @rizzo, glad to hear you say the pizza isn't that good. My inner trashcan always regretted not trying it before I moved last summer, but it's good to know I'm not missing out on that much.

Have either of you been to Providence much? I'm hoping we'll go down early and walk explore a bit since I've liked what I've seen of it in my two previous visits. I tried to ask my friend who lived there for a year what we should do, but all she really recommended was a bunch of bike paths. Definitely not worth the follow up questions about why I was going and what sort of comedy show it is (my go to BS response about why I'm going to Providence in July).
it's a useful thing
tylybb
smol bean

palomeheart wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 2:36 am
Hi! Great username. We're pretty far back too- the ticket buying process was very overwhelming to me. I was huddled in a corner of a mostly silent study room at my university trying to show no signs of my inner crisis, so I missed out on the seats we were aiming for. Plus none of us wanted to spend too much money on them. My partner and I are already driving like 10+ hours total that weekend to see them, so I figured that was bad enough. But we wanted to see it with our friend who we roped into watching deppy right after tatinof and has still never forgiven me for keeping them a secret until after the tour ended.

Also, @rizzo, glad to hear you say the pizza isn't that good. My inner trashcan always regretted not trying it before I moved last summer, but it's good to know I'm not missing out on that much.

Have either of you been to Providence much? I'm hoping we'll go down early and walk explore a bit since I've liked what I've seen of it in my two previous visits. I tried to ask my friend who lived there for a year what we should do, but all she really recommended was a bunch of bike paths. Definitely not worth the follow up questions about why I was going and what sort of comedy show it is (my go to BS response about why I'm going to Providence in July).
Thank you for the warm welcome! I've only been once but the river walk I did there was pleasant! I'm thinking of grabbing a bite and grabbing a pre-show drink as well.