Cedar Park - HEB Center - 2nd July

missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides
Pronouns: she/her

Are you going to this date? Want to meet up with others? Here's the place to arrange it.

We want to hear all your reviews and opinions from this date. Seen a photo from the m&g you want to discuss, go ahead, we love a good discussion.

A few things:
- This forum is public, which means anyone can see information you post.
- If you are meeting up with others, please make sure you do this in a safe way. Make sure you know who you are meeting with beforehand, and do this in an open, safe place. Perhaps even Skype before to ensure your safety.
- If you are posting spoilers, please do so behind the spoiler tag.

Enjoy :)
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

This is the one I'm aiming for. :) Anyone else?
laur
smol bean
Pronouns: She/Her

I tried for VIP but didn't make it in time! (Damn you Ticketmaster)
However, I did get Floor Seats Section 3, Row D!!!! Hopefully I can be involved in the "interactive" part of the show! See y'all there! :blackheart:
Personal space? Nonexistent.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Anyone? Bueller?
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

I'm not gonna do a full on part by part review because I feel like no one needs that from me, but I will say - I really enjoyed the show. Like honestly, legit had a fantastic time watching them on stage. I think this show is calmed than TATINOF, it is more real than TATINOF, and it is more enjoyable than TATINOF. I also think that was a show for an audience they were still actively pulling in, and this is a show for the audience they already have - which tbh was a smart move. Everything about it feels like it's Dan and Phil jumping into a conversation with people they feel already know them and it does make the show have a bit more of an intimate, close feel. The stage was also more sparse than I expected, and they just did less than I expected physically. I really, really like that. I like that so much of the show isn't moving and staging and pacing, that it's just them talking. The lack of props and their back and forth gives it a nice feel. I didn't hate TATINOF, I just didn't love it.

Stage presence wise, I feel similarly about this as I did TATINOF in that I think Dan looks more physically uncomfortable on stage than Phil. When I look at Dan, what I see is someone who is projecting an exaggerated stage presence. Phil is less exuberant, less precise with every gesture and move, and it comes across as a more natural feel. It's the one part of the show where they just feel like they're coming at it from slightly different angles, but I get why and tbh even that still feels very Dan and Phil. Dan is overthinking; Dan is acting. Phil is obviously saying things at points that are definitely scripted, but he's more self contained and it reads as a bit more graceful and fluid. He is just simply being Phil, talking to a crowd - slight awkwardness and weird gestures as part of the package. He reacts more and overthinks less, but his reactions aren't as exaggerated and therefore still come off as 'quieter' than Dan's responses to things. If you're someone who is drawn towards slightly larger than life personalities, I think you'd find Dan more appealing in this show. If you're someone who wants to feel like they're just watching them as people, I think you'll find Phil more appealing. That said, the moments they shine are still the ones in which they kind of forget the audience and play off each other.

A lot of the jokes that made me wince hearing them over and over again in show audios actually came off a lot better seeing the physical delivery. The atmosphere of just being there seeing them probably helped a lot. And I will still defend cereal and houseplant jokes (not loki. fuck loki. but besides that.) because this is not 2016 Dan wearing a llama suit when llamas hadn't been relevant to him in at least four years. Yeah, both the audience and deps themselves make a lot of jokes about houseplants and cereal - but Phil Lester is genuinely a sugary snack inhaling machine and they do genuinely both have a house full of plants. Phandom will always beat a joke to death, but the ones they're beating now are a reflection of who Dan and Phil are now and I dig that.

The other thing that I definitely already knew but still just truly fucking enjoyed is how queer this show is. I don't mean in the phan sense, but just in how male attraction and male mentions are woven into the show and accepted as absolutely normal and not a point of humor in and of themselves to Dan, Phil, or the audience.