Philadelphia - Tower Theatre - 26th June

missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides
Pronouns: she/her

Are you going to this date? Want to meet up with others? Here's the place to arrange it.

We want to hear all your reviews and opinions from this date. Seen a photo from the m&g you want to discuss, go ahead, we love a good discussion.

A few things:
- This forum is public, which means anyone can see information you post.
- If you are meeting up with others, please make sure you do this in a safe way. Make sure you know who you are meeting with beforehand, and do this in an open, safe place. Perhaps even Skype before to ensure your safety.
- If you are posting spoilers, please do so behind the spoiler tag.

Enjoy :)
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
Afunnyworld
sofa crease

I'm going for this date, got the cheapest ticket (Which wasn't cheap at all once that ticketmaster fee was added :? )
When I went to Tatinof, I also bought a cheap ticket, but I was moved up quite a bit, I'm hoping that the same will happen with this one.
I'm excited to see if there will be anything specific they will do/change in the US, since this is going to be their first stop.
sapienveneficus
rainbow nerd

I just bought a ticket for this show. Between this and Uniondale, I'll get to see the show twice. I can't wait! I've been avoiding tour spoilers like the plague so in less than a week I'll be able to catch up on everything I've been missing since tour started. 8-)
"Someone, somewhere is into that." Daniel Howell
Afunnyworld
sofa crease

sapienveneficus wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:54 pm I just bought a ticket for this show. Between this and Uniondale, I'll get to see the show twice. I can't wait! I've been avoiding tour spoilers like the plague so in less than a week I'll be able to catch up on everything I've been missing since tour started. 8-)
I'm going to both those shows too, that's awesome!
It's great that you were able to avoid spoilers for so long, I lost my resolve after an hour :lol:
sapienveneficus
rainbow nerd

Afunnyworld wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:08 pm
sapienveneficus wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:54 pm I just bought a ticket for this show. Between this and Uniondale, I'll get to see the show twice. I can't wait! I've been avoiding tour spoilers like the plague so in less than a week I'll be able to catch up on everything I've been missing since tour started. 8-)
I'm going to both those shows too, that's awesome!
It's great that you were able to avoid spoilers for so long, I lost my resolve after an hour :lol:
I'm pretty good at seeing something through once I commit to it, but it's definitely helped that I've been crazy busy the past month and a half.
Afunnyworld
sofa crease

Philly show review, basically all my personal highlights (spoilers)
-of course it started off with "Philly is in Philly"
-While I was on line to enter the theater, one of the security/theater guys was like(I'm gonna paraphrase): "parents, make your kids look at the merch now and buy it for them during the show, at shows like this in the past, people were here until 2am. You dont wanna do that-the merch isn't thaat good" I found that pretty funny.
-I don't know what theaters are usually like since I dont usually go to shows in general, but I was really surprised at how intimate;) the theater felt, I was shocked that I could actually see them.
-They looked really good! I couldn't see their actual faces super clearly, but they still looked amazing, Phil seemed thinner irl
-They were sooooo incredibly confident. They owned the stage, Phil would just randomly sit down on the stage, it was really cute. It felt very casual™ and personal™.
-Dan called someone out for holding their phone: "I see you, put that away"
-I don't actually think the cheering was bad, in fact there were moments when I felt that there could've been more laughing/cheering.
-There was practically an entire empty section, I got bumped up, and then I moved on my own to and empty row between 2 empty rows, maybe I only got away with it because I was alone idk.
-I felt like maybe the sound was too loud to hear at times, there were a few times I didn't hear what they were saying, especially during phil's diss track.
-I really loved the whole show, I think it was pretty well done, and they do a pretty good job "giving the people what they want " I loved that  it had some sort of flow, specifically with intellectual!Phil proving mob mentality.
- I loved the show, and I'm excited to see it again in a couple of weeks!
sapienveneficus
rainbow nerd

Gosh, I had such a blast at the Philly show! I'm glad I decided to bite the bullet and buy a last minute ticket. You see, I already have a ticket to their Long Island show that I purchased way back when tickets first went on sale, but I decided I just couldn't wait another month. I jotted down a few of my thoughts from seeing the show which I'll post below. (This should go without saying, but there will be spoilers)

My seat was the level above the orchestra, the lodge, and on the aisle halfway up and just left of center. I had a great view. As I came to the show alone, I also had a good 40 minutes to chill in my seat and appreciate that great view while waiting for everything to start. I could have busted out the book I'd brought along to read, but the people watching was just too good. I saw some really creative outfits and hairstyles, but I was most intrigued by the moms and dads I saw in the audience. This one dad, about 3 rows up, was sat in the middle of 4 teenage girls (I guessed his daughter and her 3 friends). And he was bopping along to Dan’s playlist and having a grand old time. His daughter seemed only mildly horrified by his sweet dance moves so I concluded he must be a pretty great dad.

Dan’s playlist was solid. I only recognized some of the songs (I am extremely out of touch with modern secular music) but they all had a good beat and kept the energy up. When Kiwi started playing, the crowd got properly hyped. But when Welcome to the Black Parade started, the crowd lost its mind. They also started singing along and, I’ll admit, I joined in. It was a proper group sing-a-long. There were a few funny interjections from Dan’s siri which made the whole pre-show experience that much more enjoyable.

Well, when the whole thing started, the crowd lost its mind. There was a lot of screaming. I was quite glad I chose to be up in the lodge. I was just enough removed from the craziness down below that I could enjoy the show much more. The spotlight guys had trouble keeping their lights on Dan for the first few minutes but they eventually got the hang of it. That opening bit where they joked about all the things you wouldn’t be seeing (naked maple syrup wrestling was a standout joke) was quite clever. I laughed pretty hard. But the Truth Bombs segment was probably my favorite of the night. I just wish it had been longer. Let’s see if I can remember what the questions were. There was one about what a DnP fragrance would smell like (someone suggested actual trash which was funny). Someone had a great lady door joke but I can’t remember the category. Honestly, I wish this segment had been longer, I didn’t need all the magic bits centered around the audience’s collective being, Susan. That second one, with the balls and the scroll, reminded me of the time NPH hosted the Oscars and kept going on about that stupid box. The simulation was fun. The survey was a bit long but I liked how it ended.

Act Two certainly started off with a bang. Phil came awfully close to shooting Dan in the crotch. It made me wonder if that happens each time. Is Phil always shooting Dan or do they switch off? Oh, at one point Dan got his leg stuck in the costume and Phil had to get down on his hands and knees to help him get it off. The crowd went a bit nuts there. The sitting down and chatting bit was good. When they did the Dan vs Phil, I wish they’d done a few proper questions about each other. I think that would have worked better if they'd made it more like the best friends quiz PJ did at Summer in the City a few years back. The awards bit was lame (though the award they made was funny) but I loved what it lead into. I knew that, at some point in the show, Dan would be playing the piano and Phil would be rapping, but I’d been so careful to avoid spoilers that I didn’t know any of the lyrics (and Dan having a new song was a complete surprise, I thought he was just playing a solo piece on the piano). But as the awards bit was clearly the last segment, I knew the rap and piano parts had to be coming. But, oh my word, when Phil swore in his rap, I near about lost it I was laughing so hard. I do wish all of the lyrics had been on the screens, I couldn’t make out all of what he was saying there towards the end. I also loved that they sang that song together with Phil sat on the piano.

Controversial wish ahead! Read only if you can appreciate that I am mostly kidding. (mostly)
Okay, I’m calling it now, at the end of the very last show, they’re going to kiss. My word, there were about 10 times I thought they would just in this show. But after that song, on the last night of tour, with Phil sat on the piano just above Dan, how could they not?
Controversial moment over

I had a great time at the show, and I can't wait to see it again next month. I'm also thrilled that I can now go back and read all those transcripts and listen to all those audiofiles from the first month and a half of the tour.
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual

Thanks, @Afunnyworld and @sapienveneficus for your reviews. I really love hearing personal experiences--everyone notices something different. I hope you both review your second show too! And if your prediction is right, @sapienveneficus, you'll certainly have phandom bragging rights forever. :D
"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."