IDB Watch Parties

A permanent home for threads that will no longer be updated.
lesterchuu
philussy
Pronouns: he/she/they

susan2 wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:12 pm I can't seem to get rabb.it to work at all - I just get a black screen.
(i've never used it before so not sure what i'm supposed to be seeing)

...will try and catch you up when you reach watch2gether and together tube! :D
aw dang, have you tried a different browser maybe? if not, well let you know when were done w rabb.it
"you are next to me in my life"
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

i downloaded rabbit but every time i click on the room, it doesn't work :-(
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
lesterchuu
philussy

ratlad wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:19 pm i downloaded rabbit but every time i click on the room, it doesn't work :-(
wait...i thought you just sign in to it? im just playing it on my browser
Ablissa
pastel persona
Pronouns: she/her

We're trying watch2gether now! Hope everyone can join!
https://www.watch2gether.com/rooms/n9tjnpyl1zo8filo66
lesterchuu
philussy

Ablissa wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:26 pm We're trying watch2gether now! Hope everyone can join!
https://www.watch2gether.com/rooms/n9tjnpyl1zo8filo66
so we quickly learned this site is a chaotic mess evil*
Ablissa
pastel persona

obsessivelymoody
emo goose

lmao togethertube just links me back to the main page here. weird
Ablissa
pastel persona

obsessivelymoody wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:35 pm lmao togethertube just links me back to the main page here. weird
How about this? click
CapriciousCrab
sad dimple
Pronouns: She/her

togethertube doesn't want to work for me. Just keeps synching
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

Ablissa wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:40 pm
obsessivelymoody wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:35 pm lmao togethertube just links me back to the main page here. weird
How about this? click
nope :/ doesn't make sense. all it does is redirect me here. I even tried to type just the website into a new tab and it still brought me here.
Ablissa
pastel persona

So... watch2gether and togethertube suck.
We're back on rabb.it watching monster pops: https://www.rabb.it/PhandomWatch
Ataraxia25
flower crown
Pronouns: they/them

rabb.it was very nice, everything worked perfectly for me. the only thing is that we can't choose (or it's just me) the quality of the video but apart from that it was v nice! :) i liked that A LOT.
:gayaf:
knq
lava lamp

That was fun! Rabbit worked for me on mobile. The websites didn’t.

For pinof, I think it would be cool to have a post in the regular format as well as linking to a rabbit room. That way we could watch together and also share more in depth(hah) thoughts on the forum.

(I’m all the way on the west coast of the US so I might not actually be awake for the pinof rewatches, which is another reason it’s nice to have a forum thread where we can discuss over a period of hours/days.)
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

i lov'd it all :hearts: that was super fun!!! thank y'all
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
lesterchuu
philussy

rabb.it - aesthetically pleasing and the interface was easy to use. you do need to sign up but the process is very easy as well. never really had any problems with the lag.

aesthetic: ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
lag: ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
use friendly: ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

watch2gether - chaotic evil, nuff said

aesthetic: ⭐️
lag: ⭐️⭐️ (didnt have lag but i docked points over it autoplaying/stopping everytime someone comes in the room)
use friendly: ⭐️

togethertube - it was......alright. it was much better than watch2gether in that it was much more streamlined and orderly. you could clearly see whos synced up or not on the members list below, and even tho i didnt have any sync problems, a few people did unfortunately.

aesthetic: ⭐️⭐️⭐️
lag: ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
use friendly: ⭐️⭐️⭐️

-----

itll be definitely fun to do the pinof marathon on this! we had 10~12 people tops on rabb.it and for the most part everyone had positive reviews. i suggest we still do the same format for the watch parties (two showings) so that the people who missed the first showing can still drop by the second. (as i am from ye olde west coast, im only alive around the same time as this or later....) the entirety of pinof 1-9 takes an hour, or factor in another hour if we include the ads and short breaks in between, it should technically work out

(edit: wow i went full lester on my review lol)
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

rabb.it worked the best for me. I think it's a good option to have for live/on time showings, and I think it adds a bit more of a communal feeling to the watch fest.
glitterintheair
phillluminati

knq wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:19 pm That was fun! Rabbit worked for me on mobile. The websites didn’t.

For pinof, I think it would be cool to have a post in the regular format as well as linking to a rabbit room. That way we could watch together and also share more in depth(hah) thoughts on the forum.
agree with this!
I'm a winter flower underground, always thirsty for summer rain.
Ablissa
pastel persona

Thanks so much for your input everyone, and for helping us do the testing! <3 I had a lot of fun actually!
I think we can agree that watch2gether is a mess and togethertube is... okay, but it didn't work for some people, which is a shame.

Here is what I propose for our pinof marathon:
- One day (Sunday Nov 25th - :stan: PLEASE DNP DON'T DROP PINOF SOONER!), two showings at 1 PM and 7 PM so as usual
- We will keep our regular watch fest format - make a post, discuss afterwards, make timestamps etc.
- In addition to that, we will use rabb.it to have more fun chatting and coordinate it better. When we're all together we can schedule a small break and no one falls behind.
- After each video, 3? minute break to write down our thoughts? - need opinion on this
- rabb.it should allow us to involve the phandom a bit more and maybe advertise IDB better - we'll mention the forum there
- After the marathon, we will still come here to discuss, we will have questions and points to think about in specific videos.

How does this sound to you all?
Ataraxia25
flower crown
Pronouns: they/them

this sounds perfect to me!
:gayaf:
glitterintheair
phillluminati

Sounds good :tu:
I'm a winter flower underground, always thirsty for summer rain.
lesterchuu
philussy

are we watching via rabbit after the two showings? or are we watching it with the showings (so twice)?
Ablissa
pastel persona

ame wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:59 pm are we watching via rabbit after the two showings? or are we watching it with the showings (so twice)?
I was thinking we will just watch via rabbit, so no one will watch by themselves. Yes, this will not give dnp extra views, but it's just for the pinof marathon. I personally will still stream the videos on my own to get them that view (aside from the watch fest).
Does this sound okay?
lesterchuu
philussy

Ablissa wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:06 pm
ame wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:59 pm are we watching via rabbit after the two showings? or are we watching it with the showings (so twice)?
I was thinking we will just watch via rabbit, so no one will watch by themselves. Yes, this will not give dnp extra views, but it's just for the pinof marathon. I personally will still stream the videos on my own to get them that view (aside from the watch fest).
Does this sound okay?

i think this should be fine yeah, and i think view count-wise it doesnt really make a dent since pinofs are their most viewed in general. also pinof 10 will be a thing and everyone will be dead :happytears:
macquiffed
tol bean

i would love to be there for some! sunday should work for me provided nothing happens that i need to do with my family or roommate! also, rabbit works really well for me in past experiences so i think rabbit would work well for the streaming!
"dan and phil naked burning in a fire: the musical"
lesterchuu
philussy

macquiffed wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:52 am i would love to be there for some! sunday should work for me provided nothing happens that i need to do with my family or roommate! also, rabbit works really well for me in past experiences so i think rabbit would work well for the streaming!
i saw your introduction post! welcome to idb! 🎉🎉🎉
the watch fests are usually flexible with time (you can join any time) and we do have two times/showings to accommodate for everyones timezones hopefully........i think its been working so far. i guess, well see you around on nov 25th :D

(also ill give this advice to you, and its the same advice i got when i first started posting as well. using the small font is aesthetically pleasing, but in the long run its harder for others to read your posts. typically, people here would check the forum after work for example, and having tired eyes makes it even harder to read the small font. but if you feel the need to say something as an aside kinda like what im doing here as an example, or whisper something or etc, then its totally cool! also its a lot easier to post from mobile without having to edit everytime :p )