IDB Watch Parties

A permanent home for threads that will no longer be updated.
Tottrie
drama llama
Pronouns: she/her

I'm so excited for today! 🎉
It's my birthday and we are watching Crash Bandicoot which is one of my favourite dapg videos, yay! :6-year-old dan:
Ataraxia25
flower crown
Pronouns: they/them

i just saw the post that the phandom watchf est twitter account just tweeted (wow that was the longer sentence ever)
should we start retweeting it and advertising? even if it's not for the phanniversary one?
:gayaf:
Ablissa
pastel persona

So happy to see some excitement! I'm really looking forward to this too!!
@Tottrie yaaay happy birthday!! :happybirthday:
Ataraxia25 wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:23 am i just saw the post that the phandom watchf est twitter account just tweeted (wow that was the longer sentence ever)
should we start retweeting it and advertising? even if it's not for the phanniversary one?
I think we could just to get the word out, that's why I tweeted :)
lesterchuu
philussy
Pronouns: he/she/they

i want to jump in here to ask: how was your experience with the one viewing time vs two viewing times? which one do you guys prefer and why?
"you are next to me in my life"
Ablissa
pastel persona

Good news everyone! @ame finished the poster for our phanniversary showing and I want to start posting it on our social media. I thought I'd post the private version of it here first, so you can tell me if we need to add anything. I'd be glad for quick feedback - we should start circulating it soon!!

https://phandomwatch.tumblr.com/private ... qv91xjqfil

Thanks so much @ame for your amazing work, I love the poster <3 I'm working on a theme for us to make the tumblr look a bit nicer too but I'm not sure if it will be ready on the 21st (I'll try)
glitterintheair
phillluminati

Ablissa wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:48 pm Good news everyone! @ame finished the poster for our phanniversary showing and I want to start posting it on our social media. I thought I'd post the private version of it here first, so you can tell me if we need to add anything. I'd be glad for quick feedback - we should start circulating it soon!!

Thanks so much @ame for your amazing work, I love the poster <3 I'm working on a theme for us to make the tumblr look a bit nicer too but I'm not sure if it will be ready on the 21st (I'll try)
Aaaaaah this looks amazing, I love it so much!! Well done :tu:
I'm a winter flower underground, always thirsty for summer rain.
lesterchuu
philussy

Ablissa wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:48 pm Good news everyone! @ame finished the poster for our phanniversary showing and I want to start posting it on our social media. I thought I'd post the private version of it here first, so you can tell me if we need to add anything. I'd be glad for quick feedback - we should start circulating it soon!!

looks good to me! :love2: :love1: :love2: let me know if you need any help with the tumblr and twitter with posts or graphics and etc. or just general organizational things

also are we also posting the regular poster as a separate one?
Ablissa
pastel persona

ame wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:32 pm
looks good to me! :love2: :love1: :love2: let me know if you need any help with the tumblr and twitter with posts or graphics and etc. or just general organizational things

Thanks so much <3
I'm not sure what we should do. It feels best to have one post per watch fest. Should we maybe post the regular poster first, as a sort of announcement of what this is, and then start circulating phanniversary tomorrow?
lesterchuu
philussy

Ablissa wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:43 pm

Thanks so much <3
I'm not sure what we should do. It feels best to have one post per watch fest. Should we maybe post the regular poster first, as a sort of announcement of what this is, and then start circulating phanniversary tomorrow?
i mean we can still post them both at the same day, just separately. since the regular poster is kind of like an announcement thing, it should be fine. i think it works out since everyone will still be hyped over the dvd/bluray announcement so we can sorta ride that wave lol
Ablissa
pastel persona

ame wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:19 pm
Ablissa wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:43 pm

Thanks so much <3
i mean we can still post them both at the same day, just separately. since the regular poster is kind of like an announcement thing, it should be fine. i think it works out since everyone will still be hyped over the dvd/bluray announcement so we can sorta ride that wave lol
Good point! I'm going to make the thread for our Sunday watch fest (I have to because I need to link it) and post both tonight. Will post links here later!
Ablissa
pastel persona

Okay, I made the posts for our phanniversary watch fest. Any reblogs/retweets are super appreciated, because if we don't pass this on, it will just be a IDB showing (which is totally fine, but we wanted to try expanding, so let's give it a shot!)

tumblr post and tweet! (personally I'll be reblogging these all week lmao so if any of you want to help me out, I'll be super grateful)

As for some general information, I feel like having two showings works better in the end, so I think we should go back to that (in general, not just for this Sunday). If anyone disagrees please let me know! :)
Ataraxia25
flower crown

the poster looks amazing! thanks @ame :D

so we start "flooding" social media with the poster? i hope it's gonna work and we can expand a little, just to test waters!

apart from the advertising, is there anything else we can do to help? : )
Ablissa
pastel persona

Yes I really love the poster so much, @ame, you're amazing!

@Ataraxia25 here's my idea of the plan:
- We should retweet/reblog the posts as much as possible, at the moment they didn't gain much traction, but we may still have a chance! (for twitter I will keep making posts to retweet since you can only retweet once)
- If you have any friends that you feel comfortable asking, ask them to retweet or reblog this too!
- We could make some stuff for the 19th with the #thankyoudanandphil hashtag and mention the watch fest when posting those (this can be anything from art to a tiny text post of appreciation)
- I'm going to create a tumblr theme for us to make it prettier but I may not get it done on time

Most of all, just remember that if this flops, we can still have fun together on IDB - which is the most important to me. :)
Ataraxia25
flower crown

okidoki!
yeah iw as thinking of the retweet that we can only retweet once so it's nice if we can tweet all week and i'll ask, i have friends i can bribe :psl:
thank you for the directives :love2:
Ablissa
pastel persona

The day is near! I hope that some of you will participate, because IDB is what I really care about, I want us all to have fun as a group here. <3

We still need help sharing the posts (you've all been super helpful and I am so grateful). @ame and I are doing some hardcore advertising and bothering strangers to rt/rb which is so, so horrible for us lmao but there have been some results. If you all have any friends that might help out, please ask them too!

Tumblr post & twitter (I post new stuff to rt every day, if you already retweeted before)

One question for you all - do you want us to do this on IDB on a weekly basis or do you prefer bi-weekly or less? I made us a poll, please vote :) https://www.strawpoll.me/16673902
lesterchuu
philussy

Ablissa wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:57 am One question for you all - do you want us to do this on IDB on a weekly basis or do you prefer bi-weekly or less? I made us a poll, please vote :) https://www.strawpoll.me/16673902
i voted bi-weekly simply because it gives us more time to suggest and vote stuff, but i also dont mind weekly because we did pretty well deciding on which videos to watch fast on the two test weeks we did. (idb people gets shit done fast i suppose :tu: )

on another note, i still want us to organize special event stuff tho. i know we had less time to work on the 9th phanniversary, but maybe for the next one we could be more prepared by then. like, promo it a month in advance. there is also the pinof marathon that we have been itching to do...gotta plan that soon
Ablissa
pastel persona

ame wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:34 am on another note, i still want us to organize special event stuff tho. i know we had less time to work on the 9th phanniversary, but maybe for the next one we could be more prepared by then. like, promo it a month in advance. there is also the pinof marathon that we have been itching to do...gotta plan that soon
It seems bi-weekly is winning the poll, so our next IDB watch party will be on the 4th of November - unless you all would like us to host it on a different day?

I propose that we open up this next watch fest to the phandom too and try to advertise it, but if we don't get much interest, we can still keep doing this as an IDB based thing. (I think pinof will get a fair amount of interest from the phandom anyway)
If we want a lot of attention from the phandom, it seems difficult to combine with getting the boys separate views - rabb.it has been suggested several times because people want to chat in real time, which I feel is not a good idea, because we want to mostly discuss on the forum + we want views for dnp.

I'm very up for a pinof marathon! We could do it on the 18th of November to be safe, or 25th if we wanna play it risky (in case dnp upload sooner). We still have some time to decide the date for that.
Ataraxia25
flower crown

i agree with @ame we can do bi-weekly if it's easier for everyone, organisation-wise, even if i voted for "weekly"
it's really becoming my fave part of every sunday (i mean, anyway i HATE sundays) and i always look forward to it!

im also prefer just getting dnp views and writing here on idk but maybe chatting in real life is what is needed to attract other phandom members? idk

for the date i think we can risk it with the 24th? they've uploaded near the very end of november of like three pinofs now and they seem relaxed right now and they seem to take more time with their videos, waiting for when the time is right and they're not busy and stuff so i think it could be okay ?
Ablissa
pastel persona

So what did you all think of our last watch fest?
I would love to hear your thoughts, if you think anything at all could have used improvement.
Thank you to everyone that participated, shared the news, or helped arrange this! This was definitely a group effort here on IDB and I'm happy with what we did <3

Our next watch fest is planned for November 4th. If this doesn't suit one of you let me know!
I took the liberty of thinking up some themes for us. Please vote for themes for the Nov 4th watch party: https://www.strawpoll.me/16705396
Once a theme is chosen we will pick videos and I will make a poll.

Much <3 and :candycorn: to you all! I had fun on Sunday! :)
Ataraxia25
flower crown

i really loved it, as usual! it became something i really look forward to!

i was wondering if we knew whether we got some new people on the forum out of it ? anyone knows?
lesterchuu
philussy

hmm its hard for me to tell but maybe @ admins know how to check?
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual

ame wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:33 pm hmm its hard for me to tell but maybe @ admins know how to check?
You can click "Members" at the bottom of the page or in the "Quick links", and then (reverse) sort by "Joined".

It looks as though there are a few new members since Sunday. Of course, new members trickle in at a fairly steady pace anyway, but the data is there is you want to keep an eye on it!
"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."
Ablissa
pastel persona

I don't know if we got anyone to register, but I know people were reading - that's still great! The forum format is not for everyone, unfortunately. We can keep trying to involve the phandom, while making this mostly a fun activity for us on IDB.
If we want to really expand to the rest of the phandom, we could try to host a watch party with rabb.it and see how many people actually participate. Maybe for our pinof marathon?

Meanwhile, the votes are in - on November 4th, we'll be watching the first baking video and comparing it to the latest one! I am so hyped for this :D
I will make the posts today or tomorrow and link them here for reblogs/retweets!
Ablissa
pastel persona

Double posting to let you know I made the tumblr/twitter announcements for this watch fest, and same as the last time, reblogs/retweets are welcome!

tumblr/twitter
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual

I haven't been able to catch any watch parties live, but I've been reading back some of the threads here. And I discovered some great timestamps! :ribena:

We have another subform devoted to timestamps here. It occured to me that some of you great timestamp-makers might want to copy over your timestamps there. The structure of the timestamps forum is pretty self-explanatory; there is a thread already for most videos since April 2016, and not necessarily a thread for videos before then. If a thread has been started, you can simply reply to it to add timestamps. If you can't find the video, feel free to start a new thread for it in the appropriate section.

And if you have any questions or issues, of course just ask me or any other mod!

:blowingleaves: :blowingleaves: :leafpile: :blowingleaves: :blowingleaves:
"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."