First of all, I LOVE the baking videos so much, I need more of those.
Alright, I can't believe that's the only Christmas-related baking video we've gotten so far. Why? I need answers and I'm hyped as hell for this year's Christmas baking.
The first thing worth noting is that this video was supposed to be about Phil - and Phil alone - doing something he was capable of. But then boom, Dan was in the kitchen with Phil for no reason and they didn't even explain why - while from 2012 to 2015 they did their best to introduce the other and say things like 'this is my assistant' etc. (Unrelated but they didn't do any baking in 2013, right? Was there a reason for it?) Anyway, I'm glad they're now at the same place they were at the beginnin', without overexplaining the presence of the other in videos. It's just something we expect.
- Excuse me Mr. Amazing, where are the decorations in the kitchen?? That's so sad.
- Dan showing Phil's
his underwear all the time. Like, buddy. No one wants to see it, stop that.
- The video itself is quite funny and Dan is not as annoying as he usually is in the videos of that era
- Delia Smith, llamas, placenta. This is the bad place. (cit.)
- Those cookies are hideous. The shapes, the colors. Oh my god.
- How they refer to themselves as Phil and Dan. It doesn't sound right, I'm sorry. But I cried over them doing a radio show for two hours, I wish we had something like that now.
I cannot believe this video was filmed this year, it seems like it was so long ago, DAMN.
- Lol at Phil saying 'hello danandphilgames'. It makes me soft. :')
- I love the decorations and the bunny ears. They look adorable.
- They throw things at each other, they fight, they make sexual innuendos and noises and I'm not surprised in the slightest
- They forget to do things - again, not surprised in the slightest. But also, I can't deal with the fact they BOTH forget the same thing, it's not like one forgets and the other reminds him, nooo. They BOTH FORGET THE SAME STUFF, it's like when they forgot to do the end screen in one of their gaming videos. They really do share one brain.
- I still don't understand why at 11.55 they zoomed on Phil's ass and at this point I'm too afraid to ask
- Ok, I lose my chill everytime Phil makes that horrible bunny with that mouth. And then they show all their biscuits and the spooky music comes on and it's the funniest thing in the world to me and that's sad but I can't help it, okay? Phil is a comedian.
1. Did either video seem staged to you? How would you rate their reactions?
They had to follow a plan for the baking, so in that yes, they were definitely staged and dnp knew what to expect.
2. Who did a better job in the kitchen?
LMAO that's a question. But probably i'm not the best person to judge since i'm worse than both of them.
3. Do you think they bake/cook a lot in their daily life?
I feel like they don't cook everyday but still do sometimes.
4. How would you rate their dynamic in both the videos? Did they seem comfortable on camera?[/quote]
Their dynamic was good in both the videos (I agree with @Ablissa
that the difference in their dynamic wasn't as obvious as other years) but in the Easter video you could just feel how much more relaxed (although i think they were also a bit tired which is understandable since they were on full tour - mode) they were in their bants and physical contact. Also, how different PHIL was in those videos. I will never shut up about the progress he has made this year, it's like he's another person altogether and I'm so glad. The Christmas video was good but god, Phil was so much AmazingPhil back then.