IDB Watch Parties

A permanent home for threads that will no longer be updated.
macquiffed
tol bean
Pronouns: she/her

ame wrote: โ†‘Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:25 am
i saw your introduction post! welcome to idb! ๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰
the watch fests are usually flexible with time (you can join any time) and we do have two times/showings to accommodate for everyones timezones hopefully........i think its been working so far. i guess, well see you around on nov 25th :D

(also ill give this advice to you, and its the same advice i got when i first started posting as well. using the small font is aesthetically pleasing, but in the long run its harder for others to read your posts. typically, people here would check the forum after work for example, and having tired eyes makes it even harder to read the small font. but if you feel the need to say something as an aside kinda like what im doing here as an example, or whisper something or etc, then its totally cool! also its a lot easier to post from mobile without having to edit everytime :p )
thanks! I'll hopefully be around! I recall the last one I saw going around tumblr and I was awake in enough time for the second one though I was too busy to catch the watch party! see you then!

that's honestly a good point lmao, i'm just a sucker for aesthetics! I'll keep my text normal sized! <3
"dan and phil naked burning in a fire: the musical"
lesterchuu
philussy
Pronouns: he/she/they

macquiffed wrote: โ†‘Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:28 am
ame wrote: โ†‘Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:25 am
i saw your introduction post! welcome to idb! ๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰
the watch fests are usually flexible with time (you can join any time) and we do have two times/showings to accommodate for everyones timezones hopefully........i think its been working so far. i guess, well see you around on nov 25th :D

(also ill give this advice to you, and its the same advice i got when i first started posting as well. using the small font is aesthetically pleasing, but in the long run its harder for others to read your posts. typically, people here would check the forum after work for example, and having tired eyes makes it even harder to read the small font. but if you feel the need to say something as an aside kinda like what im doing here as an example, or whisper something or etc, then its totally cool! also its a lot easier to post from mobile without having to edit everytime :p )
thanks! I'll hopefully be around! I recall the last one I saw going around tumblr and I was awake in enough time for the second one though I was too busy to catch the watch party! see you then!

that's honestly a good point lmao, i'm just a sucker for aesthetics! I'll keep my text normal sized! <3
i totally get you tho! good aesthetics are just like /chefs kiss/
"you are next to me in my life"
Ablissa
pastel persona

Our PINOF marathon is tomorrow! I'm nervous, I hope it goes well!!
I was thinking that if rabb.it for some reason fails (this is me being wildly optimistic, but say there is a limit of people that can watch at the same time? Is there? But we probably won't have that many lol), maybe we could split up into two rooms.

Is there anyone here that will be around for one/both of the watch parties and might want to act as a "backup host" if it's needed?
Edit: just checked and each room can have up to 200 people. I really don't know what we can expect but most probably less than that. Like way less?? I have no clue.

Also, copy pasting from the main thread -
Reblogs and retweets are still welcome so more people join in!

It's gonna be so much fun! :babuse:
Ablissa
pastel persona

Still looking for a backup host for the 1 pm showing! Please help, it's easy as heck and I'll walk you through it <3

Is anyone around right now? - if yes, please check if this works? https://www.rabb.it/PhandomWatch
Ataraxia25
flower crown
Pronouns: they/them

Ablissa wrote: โ†‘Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:52 am Still looking for a backup host for the 1 pm showing! Please help, it's easy as heck and I'll walk you through it <3

Is anyone around right now? - if yes, please check if this works? https://www.rabb.it/PhandomWatch
i'm here do you still need a back-up host? :D
:gayaf:
Ablissa
pastel persona

Ataraxia25 wrote: โ†‘Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:17 pm
Ablissa wrote: โ†‘Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:52 am Still looking for a backup host for the 1 pm showing! Please help, it's easy as heck and I'll walk you through it <3

i'm here do you still need a back-up host? :D
Definitely!! I'll dm you on twitter :)
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

is it starting yet :-0
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
Ablissa
pastel persona

ratlad wrote: โ†‘Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:10 pm is it starting yet :-0
In 45 minutes <3
ratlad
angel bean

Ablissa wrote: โ†‘Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:14 pm
ratlad wrote: โ†‘Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:10 pm is it starting yet :-0
In 45 minutes <3
ohk thank !
ratlad
angel bean

that was super fun !!!!
here are my favourite to least favourite of the pinofs:
1. pinof 9
2. pinof 1
3. pinof 2
4. pinof 6
5. pinof 8
6. pinof 7
7. pinof 5
8. pinof 3
9. pinof 4
Ablissa
pastel persona

ratlad wrote: โ†‘Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:58 pm that was super fun !!!!
here are my favourite to least favourite of the pinofs:
1. pinof 9
2. pinof 1
3. pinof 2
4. pinof 6
5. pinof 8
6. pinof 7
7. pinof 5
8. pinof 3
9. pinof 4
Agreed so hard!! Could you post this in the thread for this watch fest, to encourage discussion? This one is like for general chat in regards to all watch fests :D
viewtopic.php?f=52&t=1583
lesterchuu
philussy

hello everyone!

i know were currently in the calm before the storm that is pinof but i just wamt to gather some suggestions for our next watch fest. i was thinking of giving it some time to simmer so if possible to suggest themes/videos until some time next week, then well do the votes after that.

we havent been able to do one in a while. depending on peoples video suggestions, i was hoping we can do another showing on dec 16 so well possibly be able to squeeze another one on dec 30th too. if not, we can do the show on the 23th, just before the holidays start.

what do you guys think?
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

We could maybe do some holiday themed videos, like festive ditl, the tree, maybe some of the more holiday themed gaming videos. I personally wouldn't mind if we did a mark of oxin themed fest either, and that's less time sensitive. Or maybe even a Phil's childhood games fest, like bubble bobble, bishi bashi, katamari etc... idk just tossing some ideas out.
ratlad
angel bean

maybe some gamingmas vids? although it'd be hard to decide which ones as a group.
christmas themed ones sound great! how about christmas baking, festive ditl, both charades videos, that crunchyroll spon that was uploaded on dapg (i think it was also for gamingmas? no?) and shelter !! not all are xmas themed, but it's just ones that i really like and remind me of the holidays.
Ataraxia25
flower crown

obsessivelymoody wrote: โ†‘Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:52 am We could maybe do some holiday themed videos, like festive ditl, the tree, maybe some of the more holiday themed gaming videos.
+1 to moody's idea! personally, i'm really in the mood for something festive and any excuse to watch the festive ditl!

im still thinking of ideas for the watch party of the 30th! should we still do a festive theme and therefore watch gamingmas vids? or something else?
glitterintheair
phillluminati

Yes for festive vids! And also big HELL YEAH for the festive ditl.

I'm up for gamingmas vids, personally i'd love to watch the first Who wants to be a millionaire which was the first gamingmas vid ever and it's the one that always reminds me of Christmas. :epictree:
I'm a winter flower underground, always thirsty for summer rain.
Ablissa
pastel persona

@ame, thank you for this post! I was going to revive this thread today or tomorrow, and it's so nice to see people already discussing <3 (I needed to cool off after the PINOF marathon a bit lol that was a whole day for me)

Anyway, I was also thinking we should do the next watch fest on the 16th and that should be the holiday themed one. 30th is a bit late for Christmas videos, so we could have another one then (should we close the year with Mark of Oxin, or are there any iconic deppy vids you want to watch to end the year?)

Is everyone ok with just going with holiday themed videos on the 16th? If not, let me know! Otherwise, I'd say let's just go with that? The 23rd is too close to Christmas I think, people might be busy (some people, such as myself, celebrate on the 24th).

Some important questions:
- Do we go back to our old format, or do we use rabb.it and involve the phandom. It feels like we can't have both - people outside the forum just don't get how to or don't want to use forums??
- How many vids do we want to watch. Festive DITL is a must!, but what else? It would be nice if these videos work well together. Like @ame said, we still have some time to decide.

Keep posting your video suggestions, we already have some great ones, and we can start voting soon.
Ataraxia25
flower crown

i personally like talking to all of you on rabb.it! <3 but it's fine if we go back to the old format

we could do festive dilt and the first who wants to be a millionaire, like @glitterintheair said because yeah it's christmassy and cute!
these two videos are around 42 min. either we just keep these two or we try three vids? but that may be too long for some people!
glitterintheair
phillluminati

I loved chatting with everyone on rabb.it so I wouldn't mind doing that again, but I'm okay either way!
I'm a winter flower underground, always thirsty for summer rain.
Ablissa
pastel persona

I'll be making the polls in a few hours, so last chance to suggest festive videos for us to watch on Sunday, December 16th!
I'd say the DITL is a must, but what else do you want to see?

I will also make a poll regarding rabb.it and see what you all prefer for this watch fest. :)
Ablissa
pastel persona

Okay, so I took your suggestions and added some of my own. This is for this Sunday, December 16th, 1 PM and 7 PM UTC. Please vote!!

This poll is a bit different - you can vote for more than one video.
We will watch the DITL, and either one more video if it's a long one, or we can do 2-3 shorter ones - if that's the case, we will pick the top ones that win. :)
https://www.strawpoll.me/17026984

Also, please vote for which format to use in this watch fest - do you want the ๐Ÿ‡ rabbit to come back or not?
https://www.strawpoll.me/17027001

I would say that if we don't use rabb.it, we should probably keep the phandom involvement low. We got some interest with our pinof watch fest and those people didn't join the forum, so using our old format means it's just for us - which is great! It's all up to you! :festivedeppy:
Ablissa
pastel persona

Thank you to everyone that voted! :epictree:
It seems that for this watch fest, we had a strong yes to more rabb.it, so we will host our festive watch fest there. I propose going back to our old format on the 30th - we don't always have to use it, but it might be fun to shake things up :)

Video ideas

Our winners are:
- THE TREE with 15 votes
- WILL DAN AND PHIL BE MILLIONAIRES?! with 14 votes
- Both Charades videos with 13 votes

The question is, how many videos do we want to watch aside from the DITL? I'm okay with for example DITL + THE TREE + millionaires, which would be ~45 minutes. Is everyone okay with that?

@ame and I also had an idea about watching Phil's Christmas interactive adventure. On rabb.it this would be really fun to do. But...
- As this wasn't included in the poll, should we do that on top of our videos?
- Or should we go with DITL + THE TREE + Christmas adventure? I'm making another poll: https://www.strawpoll.me/17035112

I think we can watch the remaining gamingmas videos on the 30th, unless we want something else. But this is for later.

TL;DR I made another quick poll, pls vote. https://www.strawpoll.me/17035112
Ablissa
pastel persona

1. We're watching alllll the videos and the thread is up here: viewtopic.php?f=52&p=100858#p100858 (locked until Sunday)

2. I just realized something. After the time change, is the first showing still at a semi-acceptable time for people in, for example, Australia?
Someone on twitter asked me to check what time it would be for them, and it turns out that 1 PM UTC is midnight Sydney time. Are there any people here for whom both the showings are either too late or too early?

EDIT: this is my 4th post in a row in this thread... sorry and pls talk to me i am lonely :snow:
lesterchuu
philussy

Ablissa wrote: โ†‘Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:48 am 1. We're watching alllll the videos and the thread is up here: viewtopic.php?f=52&p=100858#p100858 (locked until Sunday)

2. I just realized something. After the time change, is the first showing still at a semi-acceptable time for people in, for example, Australia?
Someone on twitter asked me to check what time it would be for them, and it turns out that 1 PM UTC is midnight Sydney time. Are there any people here for whom both the showings are either too late or too early?

EDIT: this is my 4th post in a row in this thread... sorry and pls talk to me i am lonely :snow:
lol ive been talking to you on twitter so i totally neglected to post here oops

hmmm...daylight savings is......a pain.
i know in canada (or at least the part where im from), we have already done that a while back already. ive always slept in for the first showing cz that happens around 5:00 am for me, but the next showing - which is at 11:00am - is a bit more manageable for me to wake up to on a day off. but thats just how ive worked it as.

perhaps we can try to make the times between the two showings a bit longer?
Ablissa
pastel persona

So since dnp dropped a huge bomb on us today (mostly a good bomb, I'm excited buuut still), I thought we could have a nostalgic watch fest on the 30th. We did pinofs recently, so should we watch gaming channel content, maybe?

Some ideas are:
1. iconic dapg videos
2. Mark of Oxin
3. more Gamingmas
4. ?

What do you think? Or do you have other ideas?
I will post a poll soon, I'd like to know your thoughts first. Oh, and pitch in on the rabb.it thing please - the forum is not used much when we use that platform, so tell me if you prefer it or not :)