"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual
Pronouns: she/her

fruitcriminals wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:23 am
Verbatim from 27:40 ish

Dan: I've never dyyyeed my hair! Why doesn't Dan, get a tattooo, why doesn't Dan get a dog, why doesn't Dan get marrieddd, because he's scared of commitment!
Phil:Yeahhh
Dan: I'm not gonna dye my hair, what if I don't like it for three minutes, my life is OVER!
Phil: laughs, it's not...your life is not over
Dan: I have issues with control, i will not be spontaneous ever, everything has to be meticulously planned and I will not do 80% of the fun things that I could do in life because it has not passed Dan's meticulous planning threshold test and ever dying my hair a fun colour is part of that.
Phil: yeah
Phil: Ok well
Phil: we got it right
Dan: set me free from the prison of my own mind Phil, set me free!
Phil: we got it right we got it right
Phil: You're free
Dan: what would happen one day if I just dyed my hair pink?
Phil: I'm gonna just make you do it
Dan: what would matter one day if there was just a shotgun wedding? what would happen if i just got blitzed and said tattoo a scorpion on my thigh?
Phil: on myy butt?
Phil: OK next one!
Dan: would I just radically transform?

Phil doesn't seem rejected. He is laughing right until the shotgun wedding bit when he clearly decided to swiftly move that along as its private. I think it was as someone mentioned above, a bit of a lockdown induced loopy tangent that Phil has clearly heard before. Dan wants to do fun things, marrying Phil is included in that, he just needs to get past his own issues and knows that's a him problem not a Phil problem. The set me free from the prison of my own mind Phil is telling. I get the impression that as much as therapy is an assistance, he often needs Phil to yank him out of his mental gymnastics and just force him to do stuff for his own good.
"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."