Quarantine Queers: Dan and Phil Stereo Liveshow 03/16/21 (Audio Only) - 16 March 2021

Liveshows done on the Stereo app.
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual
Pronouns: she/her

"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie
Pronouns: she/her

:28 - Phil starts out by saying he's in the cat maid dress (he's not). Dan calls the idea of Phil in a cat maid disturbing then backtracks saying he doesn't want to shame Phil and that would be okay... he just disagrees with Phil's taste level. Phil says Dan ('s Stereo avatar) looks fabulously gay.
1:30 - Update on moving: no sign of them being able to get into the new place yet so Stereo shows will continue.
2:06 - They talk about the name of the show (Quarantine Queers).
2:40 - Ball-gate update.
3:40 - Dan talks about Phil as a socially anxious meerkat again. He describes Phil as loving to "protect his rock" - which means he will stare out windows at neighbors. (The time before he called Phil a socially anxious meerkat was when the gas man was at the apartment, I think?) He describes Phil as going through an internal 'hobbit there and back again' hypothesizing of everything that could happen. "Phil, you need to - slightly - whilst you are valid - slightly get a grip."
5:40 - Phil throws Dan under the bus by saying Dan liked his own tweet.
7:19 - Dan explains that on the previous show when he threw out a topic for the next one, Phil didn't know what he was planning and Phil tacked on 'or a catboy.'
7:30 - Dan and Phil play FF14 and Phil roleplays as a cat in that game. Dan explains the difference in role playing as a character in a game, and role playing erotically in the game.
9:04 - Femboy discussion starts with Dan talking about the fanart drawn of them (mostly him). "Me and you, Phil. We're nice. We're very liberal guys. We love and accept all people."
9:35 - Dan says they dress normally and Phil interjects, "There is no normal."
9:52 - Dan questions why haven't they questioned that they dress manly, and why do they dress the way "normal" "boys" dress and what are things people like to imagine them wearing that they should be wearing?
10:29 - Voice message about crop tops.
11:03 -

Phil: That's the thing with me. I don't know if I've been brought up by the social norms and that's why my brain thinks that I want to wear these clothes - like standard jeans and t-shirts - and no makeup. Obviously, part of it is a fear of looking different and standing out. But I've never felt drawn to like, skirts or tights or anything like that. Because you do hear from some people that are like, I've been putting on girls' clothes since I was four and I just really like dressing up like - they say it quite a lot in Drag Race. They're like, and then I became a drag queen! But for me I've just always felt drawn to the boyish looking clothes.
Dan: And that's the thing, Phil - here we are. We've been on our personal growth journeys since we were fetuses on YouTube ten years ago. Everyone knows we're gay. And yet - are we still brainwashed on some level? I think the answer to everybody in society is yes. We're all constantly brainwashed and held down by the horrible judgement of others and our conditioning. But, like, bro. What's up with that? Phil in high heels. What do you think?"

12:54 - Audio message tells them to put on glitter and color because clothes are not specific to a gender.
13:57 - Dan mentions the croptop. "We need to get you in that, Phil. Just at some point. Either recreationally or in a video."
14:00 - Dan likes the idea of being a lounge femboy.
15:11 - They discuss nail painting for a few minutes.
16:43 - Phil talks about the reaction to the cat maid outfit. Dan hasn't actually seen the thread Phil is talking about. Dan is upset that people were offended by that reaction.
17:44 - It didn't upset me, it was just an interesting... I wonder why. If I'd worn a banana suit, would I have had the same 'wow, what's he doing?' So it was interesting. [...] It was odd that Phil in 2020 created such a visceral reaction in some people.
18:40 - Dan's message to those people to look inside themselves and question that reaction.
19:19 - "If you go down the path of 'why' - why do I feel like this? Where did that come from? Does that make sense? Why am I getting annoyed by something so small? You can probably break it down to think 'that doesn't make sense, I must have these thoughts for societal reasons that shouldn't be in my head.'
19:47 - Audio message about fishnets.
20:47 - Dan's signature 'I dunno' that actually means 'I absolutely know the answer to this and if you disagree I'm judging you.'
21:10 - Audio message about sparkly eyeshadow. Dan agrees they can pull it off, they just can't actually apply it.
23:04 - Phil has the entire lingerie photoshoot on his phone still.
23:43 - Unpopular opinion segment starts.
25:05 - First unpopular opinion: peanut butter sucks. Phil calls Dan out for not liking Reese's pb cups.
26:40 - Phil's unpopular opinion: chocolate cake is overrated.
27:30 - Audio message: listener doesn't understand Marvel films. They're overrated.
27:55 - Phil is not pissing with rage. Leaking, maybe.
28:53 - Dan's unpopular food opinion: donuts are rarely satisfying. (Personal interjection: I fucking love donuts but I do agree with him, the cheaper the donut the better it is.)
30:15 - Audio message: listener thinks there's nothing wrong with biting into a Kit-Kat without breaking it first.
32:06 - Phil thinks music is too loud in bars.
33:24 - Story about the Vidcon mixer they went to at their last Vidcon. (John Green cameo!) Phil would love the Vidcon parties if they weren't too loud.
34:54 - Audio message from an Italian who would put pineapple on pizza. Phil goes on his pineapple on pizza tangent.
36:26 - Audio message: listener doesn't like Hamilton.
38:26 - Phil says he doesn't like to criticize art if someone's put a lot of love into it.
38:50 - Phil tells the story about watching Mazerunner 3 on a plane, saying he gave it three stars, and the director messaging him to say he watched it on a plane of course he didn't like it.
41:23 - Final segment - "Dan has a plan." (aka Bucket of Doom)
42:06 - First scenario: Dan falls asleep under a desk at work because he's so tired. Someone walks in and finds him and says they're gonna go tell the manager. (Dan, halfway through: Fuck OFF.)
43:43 - Second scenario: Dan is on a date and they suggest slowly feeding him wet calamari, so he decides to leave.
45:05 - Third scenario: Dan's been sleepwalking and wakes up in the center of London at 5 am completely naked. (Dan clarifies that this one hasn't happened in his actual life... but it could.)
46:28 - Final scenario: Dan's accidentally pressed the panic alarm at work. A whole armed police force arrives at the shop.