Dan & Phil Part 79: calm down there bub

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
itasca00
moon room
Pronouns: He/Him/His

From the liveshow and Phil's tweet, it sounds like it will be streamed on Twitter (i.e., Periscope).

Edit: Hmm, top of the page...I have nothing to say because I'm watching the stream. :D
Last edited by itasca00 on Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You're being beamed up by aggressive aliens and they're plugging in the anal probe
"Oh, God. Okay. I say: *shrug* [...] I'd be like, 'I don't know how this works. Put a condom on that thing. *shrug*'"
Dan Howell, 5/10/18 Try new things..?
sonicgreen
woodland creature

sweetlyphan wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:46 pm
sonicgreen wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:44 pm So where will the LS be? Will dan tweet? is it streaming on twitter? youtube??
I'm wondering the same thing. I'm assuming youtube.
update: periscope!

multiple camera angles damn they really splashed out for this
:rofl: my standards are low
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

I, Susan, watching this on twitter in bed on my phone, feel incredibly called out right now.
Thanks Dan D:
greenergrass
stress mushroom

Is anyone recording it so us losers who are working or sleeping can watch later? (pretty please)
liola
rankussy
Pronouns: she/her

That was really good and the stream quality was better than any other stream they've ever done. They're really fucking proud of this thing they did and it shows.

Now, if they stop ignoring the digital is out it'll be great lmao
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
lilabet
philussy
Pronouns: She/Her

whatdoiknow wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:53 pm Is anyone recording it so us losers who are working or sleeping can watch later? (pretty please)
You might ready know now but you can rewatch twitter/periscope :D It will still be in Dan's twitter.
Phandom Gives
@phandomgives on social media. Check out the website for the latest information and current donation drive! <3
hello9217
flower crown

I'm pretty sure livestreams stay on twitter so anyone who missed it can look back there. That was really good and they were quite cute. I'm sad to see this coming to an end but excited to see what next year brings.

Sorry to ruin the sappy with this trash comment but phil saying he missed not having his ~other pillow~ was.......something
autumnhearth
senpai

I still don’t know what they think we want, but they seem to think they’ve given us exactly that. I’m not so sure. That sounds ungrateful, but really I’m just confused. Thoughts?

It was a good livestream though. Glad they weren’t just there to lick nuts.
citizen_erased
truth bomb

that was a really fun stream! I actually really enjoyed that.

also lmao at Dan: "now the reason we're here is not just to lick nuts .......wait" :rofl: :rofl:
greenergrass
stress mushroom

lilabet wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:34 pm
whatdoiknow wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:53 pm Is anyone recording it so us losers who are working or sleeping can watch later? (pretty please)
You might ready know now but you can rewatch twitter/periscope :D It will still be in Dan's twitter.
Ooh yay I didn't know that, thanks!
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

hello9217 wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:35 pm I'm pretty sure livestreams stay on twitter so anyone who missed it can look back there. That was really good and they were quite cute. I'm sad to see this coming to an end but excited to see what next year brings.

Sorry to ruin the sappy with this trash comment but phil saying he missed not having his ~other pillow~ was.......something
I definitely thought I misunderstood what he was saying at first but... damn, Phil. That was transparent.
Ataraxia25
flower crown
Pronouns: they/them

i don't know if it's because i'm really emotional today and tonight but it seems like the perfect end to the tour. i'm happy for everyone in brazil, the livestream was great quality and really funny, it really made laugh out loud and it was so pleasant.
and as @liola said, they are so proud! i love seeing them proud and happy and yeah... i'm emotional <3

edit : is anyone planning on making timestamps of the livestream?
:gayaf:
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

autumnhearth wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:36 pm I still don’t know what they think we want, but they seem to think they’ve given us exactly that. I’m not so sure. That sounds ungrateful, but really I’m just confused. Thoughts?

It was a good livestream though. Glad they weren’t just there to lick nuts.
"Giving the people what they want" to me means "Giving the people as many sexual and phan innuendos without actually talking about phan apart from the one time when we say we're only here because of phan, also we will continuously shame you for this"

I'm actually still unsure if I want the DVD. I disliked the whole "You should be ashamed/Is this what you actually want" thing that especially Dan kept emphasising.
liola
rankussy

I think to me the whole "giving the people what they want" is giving us the most real and true version of themselves they will allow themselves to be. Giving us real reactions, albeit in the realm of a scripted and rehearsed show that is a bit less persona heavy than TATINOF was. Travelling again to meet more people than their last tour, going places they haven't been before, sharing more of their adventures through Instagram stories rather than combining them on a book to sell. Being a bit more open, which is maybe drilling a hole in the thick walls that surround them. Laughing with us rathen than AT us, acknowledging discussion happening in phandom and discussing them, making the audience feel like they've been talked to and not talked AT.

To me these are all the things that they wanted to give us, and that some people did enjoy. I feel like if the only thing some people got out of it is to be ashamed of what you say, and that they're exploiting the ship, they might've not watched the show throuroughly because the end of it is that they keep doing what they do because they found an audience that while sometimes want them to do things differently, in the end accept them and love them for who they show us to be :shrugs:
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
Ablissa
pastel persona

One of the most genuine Dan smiles during the entire tour: I loved the q&a. They make each other laugh before the show??? They have matching scars instead of matching tattoos??? The married mocking of how heavy a sleeper Dan is??? Ugh. I already miss them.

Also just want to say I agree with @liola. Of course we want way way more than what we got, but I feel like their whole "giving the people what they want" thing doesn't just apply to tour. Compare them now vs them a few years ago. They ARE giving us what we want, slowly but surely, and it's beautiful.
Grumpybisexual
delia smith
Pronouns: She/her

Aww well, that was pretty much exactly what I had expected from a Q&A! Some of my favorite bits:

- Their pre-show ritual of looking at each other and making funny faces! I find that so adorable for some reason :happytears:
- Phil missing his family and his ~other pillow.
- Dan tearing up backstage when everyone was singing along to Black Parade because SAME!! I was just sitting there watching everyone waving their hands and singing along and ugh :happytears:
- Phil wanted fire in the show?? Not surprised tbh :lol:
- Dan's favorite bit of the show is the ending for obvious reasons :love2:
- Also at the end of the livestream after they come off stage the music keeps playing for a bit and then I think we can hear Phil saying "You okay?" and Dan replies "... Yeah.. Yeah." :happytears:
glitterintheair
phillluminati

Man, I feel emotional and a bit sad? What a year, I can't believe everything is coming to an end. I really will cherish this tour, especially because it felt like we were going to all those places with dnp, it was a shared experience and I will miss it.
hello9217 wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:35 pm Sorry to ruin the sappy with this trash comment but phil saying he missed not having his ~other pillow~ was.......something
Yeah, like... Phil please be more obvious next time, will you?

Also hard agree with @liola.
I think the tour gave them a chance to start lowering, just a bit, those huge walls between them and us. Dan and Phil now are not the same ones they were before the tour started. They know what we want from them - more genuinity, more openness, less persona content - and they're deliviring. Maybe not on stage, where they're still performers, but in videos and in the ig stories that keep coming even now that tour is over. I remember how much people (myself included) complained at the beginning of the year for the lack of content, lack of communication, lack of updates, how they were totally disconnected from their audience. And look at them now. Sure, there are still things that need to improve, but they're learning and that would not have happened without this tour; they needed it to realize who we really are, how we react to things, how far they can go with us.
I remember reading someone's tweet saying that this tour was a test and we passed it, and I honestly believe there's some truth in it.

As I said above, what I will remember the most from this tour is the journey we did with them, seeing them grow and share things with us just because they wanted to. And after tour they gave us the mukbang video, physical proof that they Know what we want, even if they're not gonna properly say it.
I'm a winter flower underground, always thirsty for summer rain.
plinthofmylife
janice from the shop

Okay, I'm terrible for making my first post in here (I've been lurking for a long time and know some of you on tumblr) but I'm so confused by the pillow comment... like who is emotionally wrapped up in two pillows?

(Speaking as someone who's been on tour before, I'm even more confused)...
Ablissa
pastel persona

Im_new_here wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:43 pm Okay, I'm terrible for making my first post in here (I've been lurking for a long time and know some of you on tumblr) but I'm so confused by the pillow comment... like who is emotionally wrapped up in two pillows?

(Speaking as someone who's been on tour before, I'm even more confused)...
Welcome to the forum!! <3
It's because the green and blue pillow isn't his actual pillow. He doesn't sleep in that room.*
If I misunderstood what you meant then I'm sorry!! Haha I'm still not sure if I should be posting this :lol:

(* obviously this isn't something Phil admitted to but I think most people are 99% convinced of that being the truth)
plinthofmylife
janice from the shop

Ahhhhh omg now I get it. I was just thinking he was being overly dramatic about needing two *specific* pillows.

Although, still, honestly, like, isn't a pillow more about the pillow inside than the case..couldn't he have just put his main pillow in his AP room case? Okay, I'll stop trying to help him liehide his marriage better.
itasca00
moon room
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Ataraxia25 wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:44 pm edit : is anyone planning on making timestamps of the livestream?
Yes, I was! Here they are:
  • [5:35] Dan brings out a bowl filled with Brazil nuts. He asks Phil to hold a nut, then he smacks it out of his hand, saying “Nut.” Phil demands that Dan eat the nut from the floor. Dan commands Phil to pick up the nut, and Dan eats it. Then, Dan says, “The reason that we’re here is not to lick nuts that--,” and he cracks himself up. He’s still chewing on the nut. This may have been the best part of this whole livestream. :lol:
  • [13:46] The nuts make a return! Dan tells Phil to have a nut, but Phil doesn’t want one. Then Dan throws one into the audience.
  • [16:07] A question is asked about whether there were any other ideas about what the tour should be called. One idea was “Dan and Phil Versus the World.” Apparently, though, Dan and Phil came very close to calling the tour “Lads on Tour.” Phil asks the audience to imagine if there was a DVD called “Lads on Tour,” and Dan thinks “that sounds like a different kind of movie.”
  • [19:06] Phil says that they made the set too spiky because he injured himself on it a lot, and Dan says it gave him a scar on his leg. He shows it through a hole in his jeans. Phil says they could have gotten matching tattoos, but they got matching scars from the show instead.
  • [19:53] A question is asked about whether there were any big disasters on tour that they haven’t shared with us. Apparently, during a London show, Dan forgot the key to his mystery box in the dressing room, which was four flights below the stage. Dan left Phil to vamp for about three minutes while he ran to get the key.
  • [23:36] A question is asked about whether Dan and Phil did anything special before going on stage. Dan says they looked at each other and made weird faces to try to make each other laugh. Dan tried especially hard to make Phil laugh right after their microphones went live. Phil says they also played a game where they poked their fingers in front of the projector a little bit to see if anyone would notice.
  • [25:40] A question is asked about whether Dan and Phil have any memorable Meet & Greet experiences. Dan recounts the story of a person apologizing for exclaiming, “What are those?!” about his shoes at a Meet & Greet at Playlist Live several years ago. Apparently, he was wearing his favorite shoes at the time, and he has thought about this experience every day since it happened. In closing, they say:
    D: So remember: Dan never forgets.
    P: A Dan never forgets.
    D: Also, I have great shoes.
  • [29:05] Dan is asked to floss. He does at [29:30]. Phil attempts to floss at [29:49]. :lol:
  • [30:03] A question is asked about whether Dan and Phil got homesick. Dan says no. Phil says he missed one of his pillows and seeing his parents. Dan and Phil also said they started to get excited about getting to do the laundry.
  • [34:14] A question is asked about whether Dan and Phil learned anything new about themselves. Phil said that he learned that he can be away from home and cope. Because of this, Phil gave half of his clothes to charity when he got back from tour. Dan didn’t learn anything about himself, but he learned about who his audience is. Everyone is unique and different, and no one thinks the same or has the same opinions. :shrug:
  • [37:12] A question is asked about whether Dan and Phil regret giving the people what they want. Dan responded:
    D: I mean, that w--that was the whole point of Interactive Introverts. You know. It was to say: If this was the last thing Dan and Phil ever did because their plane made of Sellotape just fell into the middle of the Pacific--
    P: No.
    D: --which didn’t happen!
    P: It didn’t.
    D: The technical malfunction was fine.
    P: It was fine.
    D: But, if it was, what would we wanna do, right? What would be the point of this last tour?
    P: Yeah.
    D: And the point is: You know what? What we should do--We should just give our followers that have given us everything exactly what they want ‘cause that, at this point, is what we think is important.
    P: Yeah.
    D: And, as we said in the show, making you guys happy is what makes us happy. And that is--That is the whole reason behind Interactive Introverts.
    P: It is.
    D: You know, we asked a lot of interesting questions, but it was just to give you guys exactly what you wanted. And, hopefully, it did that.
  • [40:11] Phil says they should take a selfie with the audience. They spend a full minute taking photos, and every bit of it is cute. :love1:
You're being beamed up by aggressive aliens and they're plugging in the anal probe
"Oh, God. Okay. I say: *shrug* [...] I'd be like, 'I don't know how this works. Put a condom on that thing. *shrug*'"
Dan Howell, 5/10/18 Try new things..?
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Also agree with @liola. Damn, I’m looking forward to pinof. So handy to see the time stamps, my sieve-brain barely remembered anything specific and I was watching a livestream of the final hour of the mmorpg Wildstar at the same time (mostly half the characters turned into giant cupcakes). It was interesting to hear a few Truth Bombs that didn’t make it in, Odeur de Phannie is a special thing indeed :roll: Cringe and Fringe sounds like a winner, The person who asked them about flossing, I think, said on Twitter that she asked them that months ago so it was amazing they’d kept the question until now.

It’s always great to hear these little backstage things about planning, mishaps and the silly things they do. I’m not sure if I remember Phil stalling with the key part of the London show, though I remember a girl throwing a set of huge plastic toy keys to him, I don’t know why she had those with her. It was lovely how much the crowd cheered for everything about them being in Brazil like the sugar-based drink, it’s just always nice to see people getting to see them.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Wow. End of the Interactive Introverts era. All things considered, the year went by pretty fast didn't it? The Q&A was lovely. Glad I made the decision to obsessively watch a screen while suffering from a headache :thumb:

My fave bit was definitely their pre-show ritual thing being just them fooling around and trying to make each other laugh. It's just so them. Dan telling the story of how he teared up hearing everyone sing WTTBP was nice as well, even as someone with no nostalgic attachment to the song (I like it, it just wasn't as big here) I do remember hearing so many people sing it at my show felt very powerful. Also shout out to the entertainment provided by the Brazil nuts and The Other Pillow. #PillowGate

@Im_new_here :welcome:
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
hello9217
flower crown

flarequake wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:01 am It’s always great to hear these little backstage things about planning, mishaps and the silly things they do. I’m not sure if I remember Phil stalling with the key part of the London show, though I remember a girl throwing a set of huge plastic toy keys to him, I don’t know why she had those with her. It was lovely how much the crowd cheered for everything about them being in Brazil like the sugar-based drink, it’s just always nice to see people getting to see them.
The person who did it had seen the show before so they came prepared.
dc34
glabella

An end of an era, its bittersweet. Im sad cause ii was so great, even tho I went by myself I had so much fun. ( agree with @liola , thats how i felt when i watched the show) But im excited to see what 2019 holds in store, its a clean slate for the first time in years and im interested to see what'll they'll do .

Also, smooth Phil smooth #PillowGate