Dan & Phil Part 83: Where in the World is Daniel Howell

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
Dbolical
placenta

Hey guys, thought I'd come out of lurking to play the very fun game of "Guess what video AmazingPhil is blessing us with today". My guess is something like Food he used to be able to eat as a child but can't anymore (hence the No under 18 symbol). Or vice versa, food he used to hate as a child but loves now. Milk would fall in the former of course given his lactose intolerance :lol:
noodlebum
flower crown

I'm honestly thinking it's something to do with milking a cow, real or not real :lol: I'm prepared (and possibly praying) to be completely off, though!
fancybum
senpai

I Went Vegan For Lent! (Emotional)

The no under 18 symbol clearly signifying, uh... milk is for baby cows, not humans. Yeah, that’s gotta be it.

(No joke though, I would LOVE that video even if he failed terribly lol)
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
autumnhearth
senpai
Pronouns: she/her

@Dbolical that sounds like a safe guess.

@fancybum but why was the milk all over his clothes?

I’m going to guess it’s trying something out, but the no 18 emoji scares me.
fancybum
senpai

autumnhearth wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:11 pm @fancybum but why was the milk all over his clothes?
That’s where the (Emotional) comes in. The video obviously ends with him having a dairy-withdrawal-induced breakdown and chugging bottles of milk while crying.
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
snokoplasmic
procrastinator

I would expect it to be something like "Trying Out Non-Dairy Milk!," if it weren't for
a. the fact that he had done that before in the Not-Milk Challenge, and
b. that 🔞 emoji. What could that possibly meeean
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

snokoplasmic wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:23 pm I would expect it to be something like "Trying Out Non-Dairy Milk!," if it weren't for
a. the fact that he had done that before in the Not-Milk Challenge, and
b. that 🔞 emoji. What could that possibly meeean
I'm actually wondering if the 18 emoji just means he makes a dirty joke about spilling the milk on his pants? And it's tangential to the actual video.
autumnhearth
senpai

fancybum wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:20 pm
autumnhearth wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:11 pm @fancybum but why was the milk all over his clothes?
That’s where the (Emotional) comes in. The video obviously ends with him having a dairy-withdrawal-induced breakdown and chugging bottles of milk while crying.
Ah gotcha :tu: Though I can picture Dan doing that much more clearly.

Dizzy, we can only hope.
Ablissa
pastel persona

THAT HOODIE IS ~GOOD~
noodlebum
flower crown

I love his hoodie, I want it.

Video was ok, quite cute. I always put 2 lots of cereal in my bowl (crunchy nut and coco pops, it's grand).
Forgot about the soda stream milk idea - grim.
Was excited thinking he was going to go to an office space for the face scanning (results were terrifying btw!) or a kitchen for the soda stream But alas, he struggled in his tiny set instead! Definitely making a conscious effort to not show the apartment at all.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

noodlebum wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:55 pm I love his hoodie, I want it.

Video was ok, quite cute. I always put 2 lots of cereal in my bowl (crunchy nut and coco pops, it's grand).
Was excited thinking he was going to go to an office space for the face scanning (results were terrifying btw!) or a kitchen for the soda stream But alas, he struggled in his tiny set instead! Definitely making a conscious effort to not show the apartment at all.
I'm perplexed at how he wouldn't find a single available space to show us. Whatever else is in that room he REALLY does not want us seeing.
Philena
blobfish

It took me a minute to get into the video. He was talking so damned fast! My favorite part was actually the scanning his face. They turned out so cool looking. The second did actually seem like an artsy Phil/Phil type pic.

Also, roll my eyes at doing all parts of the video in a 2' by 1' area, even when it made no sense.
autumnhearth
senpai

Phil’s filming space is inside a white cube confirmed.

As a fizzy milk person I approve of this content. Cute that it was a childhood desire. Search for the tweet from this summer and came across an older one.
Amiaw
interactive introvert

That filming spot has gotten old. At this point I’d welcome them moving out together or Phil moving out with his cereal friend since Dan no longer existsso he could have a filming space he could move in.

The video was funny in parts but seemed a bit filler. I’d give it a 2.5/5
anime_is_not_cool
living flop

alittledizzy wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:57 pm
noodlebum wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:55 pm I love his hoodie, I want it.

I'm perplexed at how he wouldn't find a single available space to show us. Whatever else is in that room he REALLY does not want us seeing.
I’m not saying that he wants to show us anything else, but I’m pretty sure it’s also got to do with not wanting to move the camera & lights around and tidy the background up. It’s lesser effort to only move the items and there’s comical value in doing kitchen stuff in another room (just like he used to do everything on his bed), also a good fit for his “weirdness”-branding. Source: once held a popcorn maker on my lap and almost burned myself.

(but I, too, am sick of the background. i feel like nowadays phil only exists in that white space. does he ever leave it?)
glitterintheair
phillluminati

Nice video, but what amused me was how Phil complicated his life by holding the printer when he scanned his face and making cereal and fizzy milk without a surface to put them on. I swear, when he said that he was gonna mix cereals I was like "oh, he's gonna show us the kitchen or something?!" but of course not, lol. I hope that's because they're moving because this whole thing is insane.
I'm a winter flower underground, always thirsty for summer rain.
Ablissa
pastel persona

My moving senses are still very much tingling. Why the hell would he use his scanner like that? I held my breath thinking we'd surely see more of the flat, but nope. Everything in this tight space.

I enjoyed this video! It's a funny idea. The omegle part was the best to me :lol: And holy 🐮 does he look gorgeous. I love the hoodie and the quiff.

I'm surprised people are already sick of his new filming space (no offense, just a remark). It's only been like 2 months? I admit it's a small, limited space and I'd much prefer for him to have more room, but yeah. Let's wait till after they moved. :ribena:
onceinaugust
rainbow nerd

I agreed with everyone above me- I think what I'm missing from his past few videos is that they don't seem very dynamic and are absent in space. Even when he was on his bed, he could move around more easily, even just with arm flailing and room for props. He just seems trapped.
That being said, I did like the video a lot. Part of me would totally frame that first scanned face photo in a room in my house. :ghost:
"You loved it, you want to do it more."
"Alright"
kay
phabergé

phil was born in that white space and has lived all his life in that white space. their manchester apartment, london apartments, and even dan were just dropped in via green screen.

(but real talk: i personally am tired of this space already because it's an incredibly tight frame, there's too much going on around the edges of this tight frame, and the angle is too high for how small it is. it all feels very confining. at least the bedroom was a wider and deeper shot and had some breathing room.)
madzilla84
eclipse shirt

I loved the video, it was hilarious (loved the trowel comment, and the IMs, and the 2-Phil’s scan was actually deeply unsettling), and somehow I knew it’d be Omegle haha. (Didn’t even know that was still a thing!) Thought he looked great in his hoodie, it really brings out his eyes. Like others above I was a bit wtf at him doing everything in his small space without moving, but then again he’s done that before; like when he was making slime and I thought, why aren’t you doing it in the kitchen or bathroom? Somewhere with a counter/sink? Why on your bed?? :lol: I think it probably is just easier to leave the camera set up where it is; though he has filmed those little segments on his phone before. Ah, well. It was very cute. I bet his mum will love it.
blackbirddan.tumblr.com
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

madzilla84 wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:37 pm I loved the video, it was hilarious (loved the trowel comment, and the IMs, and the 2-Phil’s scan was actually deeply unsettling), and somehow I knew it’d be Omegle haha. (Didn’t even know that was still a thing!) Thought he looked great in his hoodie, it really brings out his eyes. Like others above I was a bit wtf at him doing everything in his small space without moving, but then again he’s done that before; like when he was making slime and I thought, why aren’t you doing it in the kitchen or bathroom? Somewhere with a counter/sink? Why on your bed?? :lol: I think it probably is just easier to leave the camera set up where it is; though he has filmed those little segments on his phone before. Ah, well. It was very cute. I bet his mum will love it.
I didn't know Omegle was a thing either!! I was totally surprised to see it still existed.

I got about the slime too - I remember being surprised he did that on his bed. I do think this setup lends itself more to 'talk at the camera' videos than 'do things in front of the camera' though. It feels more natural the less he's trying to physically do in it.

Aw man, now I'm sad Kath doesn't have social media - I'd love to see her react to his videos, I bet that's adorable.
Ataraxia25
flower crown
Pronouns: they/them

onceinaugust wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:30 pm I agreed with everyone above me- I think what I'm missing from his past few videos is that they don't seem very dynamic and are absent in space. Even when he was on his bed, he could move around more easily, even just with arm flailing and room for props. He just seems trapped.
That being said, I did like the video a lot. Part of me would totally frame that first scanned face photo in a room in my house. :ghost:
i'm tired of the background exactly for these reasons! I feel trapped in it.

Unfortunately i didn't like the video as much as i did the previous ones. Maybe it's because i loved the title so much and i was expected more? Idk. But seeing him is nice anyway!
:gayaf:
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

I found the video okay. It was a bit of a miss for me because he's already scanned his face (it's in tabinof) and the fizzy milk thing already happened last summer, but it was still cute overall! His hoodie was lovely tbh. Also my moving tin hat is still very firmly on as the scanning clip was a bit ridiculous with him trying to hold it up in that tiny space, and there were multiple moments where he zoomed in on the plant hitting his quiff soooo tight angles that can easily be expanded once moved into a space with a bigger white wall.

edit: I knew I left something out the first time around! I love Phil saying he wants to photocopy his ass and that he'll do it off camera, love him mentioning furries, showing the fact that he matched with a dick on omegle, and went in with some roleplay. So funny.
Last edited by obsessivelymoody on Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
basl
smol bean

madzilla84 wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:37 pm I loved the video, it was hilarious (loved the trowel comment, and the IMs, and the 2-Phil’s scan was actually deeply unsettling), and somehow I knew it’d be Omegle haha. (Didn’t even know that was still a thing!) Thought he looked great in his hoodie, it really brings out his eyes. Like others above I was a bit wtf at him doing everything in his small space without moving, but then again he’s done that before; like when he was making slime and I thought, why aren’t you doing it in the kitchen or bathroom? Somewhere with a counter/sink? Why on your bed?? :lol: I think it probably is just easier to leave the camera set up where it is; though he has filmed those little segments on his phone before. Ah, well. It was very cute. I bet his mum will love it.
Remember that live show (I think it was a live show) where Dan talks about how they help each other to film when they wanna do sketches? Maybe Phil not moving from the filming space right now has to do with the fact that Dan is unavailable to be his cameraman since he doesn't want to show his face (or even talk on camera) because Phil couldn't really film himself on his phone while he scanned his face or did the fuzzy milk... or maybe they're moving :shrug: I wouldn't be mad if they are
rikonee
drama llama

The only thing I kinda remember after the video:

“....And you’re not my real mum!” She was my real mum.
Almost married PJ. we broke up tho
-Philip Michael Lester, 2008