Dan & Phil Part 89: So what now?

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
User avatar
kavat
flower crown
Posts: 735
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:36 pm
Pronouns: she/her
Location: sthlm

Re: Dan & Phil Part 89: So what now?

Post by kavat » Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:54 pm

Secretstanner wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:46 pm
So I know everyone thinks that it’s dan who blocked her but I think it’s actually the other way around. When you block someone all their likes and comments disappear but all of cats is showing up on dans posts. I can’t find dan likes on her photos though. I’m not about to go searching all her photos so if anyone knows which of her photos he’s liked in the past then I could check. So they didn’t unfollow each other and then dan block her. Cat blocked dan and that’s why it doesn’t show either are following. I just tried all this out with my sister. Once you block someone the tags get removed from the photos, they don’t show up in your following and not theirs too, plus all the photos they liked or commented on disappear. So everyone hyping up dan for blocking her on twitter is wrong jgjgjg and it makes this 100% funnier!! I think it could possibly be a mistake but not sure if we will actually know unless it shows they follow each other again
Oh dear, that's interesting :coffee:

I know she's not really on youtube anymore but I wouldn't put it past her to make a story time video being very vague about falling out with someone.
Do you make mistakes or do you make a change?



hintatty
drama llama
Posts: 46
Joined: Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:42 pm

Re: Dan & Phil Part 89: So what now?

Post by hintatty » Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:56 pm

nah, Dan's likes are still showing up on her posts. he just hasn't done it for like two years

User avatar
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious
Posts: 1292
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:18 am

Re: Dan & Phil Part 89: So what now?

Post by rizzo » Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:58 pm

mildly disappointing theory (because i want drama tbh): it's all just an accident and someone hit the wrong button.

:shrug:

User avatar
knq
haru pillow
Posts: 795
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:42 pm
Pronouns: she/her
Location: Oregon, USA

Re: Dan & Phil Part 89: So what now?

Post by knq » Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:06 pm

Accidental block button that neither of them have noticed yet seems like the most likely theory to me.

Dan's been signed into the Steam dinof account all week (still no Phil though, so it's probs not for the gaming channel). He's clearly too busy with video games to be having friendship drama. :shrug: I wish he'd do a liveshow and talk about games he's playing, because I'm bored af of modding the Sims and need something new to lose myself in, but I imagine that would just lead to more people potentially coming up to Dan in games and breaking the immersion, so I dunno if he'd share even if he were doing liveshows.

Secretstanner
cheeky #spon
Posts: 202
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:42 am

Re: Dan & Phil Part 89: So what now?

Post by Secretstanner » Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:10 pm

hintatty wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:56 pm
nah, Dan's likes are still showing up on her posts. he just hasn't done it for like two years
Oh really? I couldn’t see any likes from dan on the photos of them together but I must of missed a few I went back as far as 2015. What was the photos? Still don’t know if I believe dan blocked her so maybe it was just them unfollowing each other and her untagging him but seems like a lot of effort. Who knows

blahblahblah8
crusty sponge
Posts: 26
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:47 am

Re: Dan & Phil Part 89: So what now?

Post by blahblahblah8 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:24 pm

Yeah I kinda feel like it’s just an accident bec I can’t imagine that they talk enough in private to even have a falling out. But who knows maybe they do?

User avatar
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie
Posts: 5124
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:09 pm
Pronouns: she/her

Re: Dan & Phil Part 89: So what now?

Post by alittledizzy » Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:39 pm

I got these two messages from anons on tumblr.
you can't accidentally block someone on ig you need to hit a button twice
after some digging i found out Dan unfollowed Cat in June, someone on twitter saw he wasn't following her in June (tweet in Spanish) and she must have blocked him recently.
Just... more food for thought, I guess.

GalaxyDarling
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie
Posts: 142
Joined: Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:55 pm
Pronouns: he/him

Re: Dan & Phil Part 89: So what now?

Post by GalaxyDarling » Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:05 pm

:moredrama:

Amiaw
flower crown
Posts: 728
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:55 am

Re: Dan & Phil Part 89: So what now?

Post by Amiaw » Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:12 pm

Cat just refollowed Dan on Instagram so the unfollow/block was probably from her side. Maybe a mistake, maybe Cat being Cat but who knows

Here we go:

User avatar
kavat
flower crown
Posts: 735
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:36 pm
Pronouns: she/her
Location: sthlm

Re: Dan & Phil Part 89: So what now?

Post by kavat » Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:30 pm

Well that's that I guess. At least we had something to talk about for a day :shrug:
Do you make mistakes or do you make a change?

GalaxyDarling
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie
Posts: 142
Joined: Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:55 pm
Pronouns: he/him

Re: Dan & Phil Part 89: So what now?

Post by GalaxyDarling » Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:39 pm

:tumbleweed:

User avatar
obvsly
rainbow nerd
Posts: 240
Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:58 pm
Pronouns: she/her
Location: Thailand

Re: Dan & Phil Part 89: So what now?

Post by obvsly » Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:39 pm

Amiaw wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:12 pm
Cat just refollowed Dan on Instagram so the unfollow/block was probably from her side. Maybe a mistake, maybe Cat being Cat but who knows

Here we go:
people actually tagged her? wow. :shock:
Image

Tornbetweenfandoms
tol bean
Posts: 11
Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2019 3:29 pm
Pronouns: She/her
Location: Yorkshire

Re: Dan & Phil Part 89: So what now?

Post by Tornbetweenfandoms » Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:39 pm

kavat wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:30 pm
Well that's that I guess. At least we had something to talk about for a day :shrug:
As if this is the point we've got to! :lol:
PLEASE GIVE US CONTENT :rainbowtears:

User avatar
liola
interactive introvert
Posts: 1266
Joined: Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:09 pm
Pronouns: she/her
Location: Italy

Re: Dan & Phil Part 89: So what now?

Post by liola » Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:57 pm

obvsly wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:39 pm
Amiaw wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:12 pm
Cat just refollowed Dan on Instagram so the unfollow/block was probably from her side. Maybe a mistake, maybe Cat being Cat but who knows

Here we go:
people actually tagged her? wow. :shock:
I mean, is that really surprising? We know how some people like to blow things out of proportion and just feed into possible drama. This is exactly what happens when phandom is bored after all

If only our Lord and saviour (Phil) would feed us
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

User avatar
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious
Posts: 1292
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:18 am

Re: Dan & Phil Part 89: So what now?

Post by rizzo » Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:02 pm

if phil's not gonna feed us, dan could at least respond to her with something fun.

smh.

User avatar
flarequake
three-coloured eyes
Posts: 2153
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2016 8:55 pm
Pronouns: She/her
Location: London, UK

Re: Dan & Phil Part 89: So what now?

Post by flarequake » Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:07 pm

Poor Cat, it never ends.

While I remember, Jazza John said something praiseworthy about Phil’s merch at SITC, and Taha Khan mentioned speaking to Dan about his coming out video and being ready for it, that he’d have been unbaked if he’d done it too early and not gone through the journey, then really known what he’d wanted to say. Taha was one of the others on the writing course.

Also spoke to Sarah on the merch stand, she’s very friendly. They thought it worth being there despite Deps not, also they had Savannah Brown, Lucy Moon, Hazel Hayes and Carrie Hope Fletcher’s merch and the first three of them were there. The corgi sweater in particular benefits from people being able to touch it and feel how soft the corgi patch is.

User avatar
obvsly
rainbow nerd
Posts: 240
Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:58 pm
Pronouns: she/her
Location: Thailand

Re: Dan & Phil Part 89: So what now?

Post by obvsly » Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:47 pm

liola wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:57 pm
obvsly wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:39 pm
people actually tagged her? wow. :shock:
I mean, is that really surprising? We know how some people like to blow things out of proportion and just feed into possible drama. This is exactly what happens when phandom is bored after all

If only our Lord and saviour (Phil) would feed us
It did surprise me. Guess I had too much faith in humanity the phandom after all. :lol: But then I looked through twitter and saw that it's actually worse than i could've imagined. Some of the stuff subtweeted and tagged to her are downright nasty. i feel really bad for her.
Image

OhItsElliott
drama llama
Posts: 43
Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:42 am
Pronouns: they/them
Location: Seattle, USA

Re: Dan & Phil Part 89: So what now?

Post by OhItsElliott » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:04 pm

obvsly wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:47 pm
liola wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:57 pm
obvsly wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:39 pm
people actually tagged her? wow. :shock:
I mean, is that really surprising? We know how some people like to blow things out of proportion and just feed into possible drama. This is exactly what happens when phandom is bored after all

If only our Lord and saviour (Phil) would feed us
It did surprise me. Guess I had too much faith in humanity the phandom after all. :lol: But then I looked through twitter and saw that it's actually worse than i could've imagined. Some of the stuff subtweeted and tagged to her are downright nasty. i feel really bad for her.
Wow for real? I definitely would have thought people had chilled out some/ grown out of being nasty to her. I know back in the day she got a lot of hate about relationship speculation w/ Dan and I know some people still aren't the biggest fans of hers for various reasons but not enough to actually be mean to her. Especially after dnp came out. I'm surprised to learn that and also had too much faith in the phandom I guess.

User avatar
autumnhearth
full-time internet hobo
Posts: 1583
Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:44 am
Pronouns: she/her
Location: OH, USA

Re: Dan & Phil Part 89: So what now?

Post by autumnhearth » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:55 pm

nicky1388 wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:59 pm
to anyone who has ordered clothing from the deppy shop, my daughter wants one of the classic design shirts but they only have xxs left. she's a 10 in kids clothes. do you think the adult xxs could fit her?
Hey sorry for the late reply! I got my 10 year old (who is on the skinny side, he’s an 8/M in US sizes) an xxs classic tee and it’s big on him, but not so much that he can’t wear it outside. At first I thought it might have to be lounge wear for awhile, but he adores it despite it not being his usual skin tight look. I think you’ll be fine :)

User avatar
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie
Posts: 5124
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:09 pm
Pronouns: she/her

Re: Dan & Phil Part 89: So what now?

Post by alittledizzy » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:00 pm

OhItsElliott wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:04 pm
obvsly wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:47 pm
liola wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:57 pm
obvsly wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:39 pm
people actually tagged her? wow. :shock:
I mean, is that really surprising? We know how some people like to blow things out of proportion and just feed into possible drama. This is exactly what happens when phandom is bored after all

If only our Lord and saviour (Phil) would feed us
It did surprise me. Guess I had too much faith in humanity the phandom after all. :lol: But then I looked through twitter and saw that it's actually worse than i could've imagined. Some of the stuff subtweeted and tagged to her are downright nasty. i feel really bad for her.
Wow for real? I definitely would have thought people had chilled out some/ grown out of being nasty to her. I know back in the day she got a lot of hate about relationship speculation w/ Dan and I know some people still aren't the biggest fans of hers for various reasons but not enough to actually be mean to her. Especially after dnp came out. I'm surprised to learn that and also had too much faith in the phandom I guess.
I think in a lot of cases people aren't even being nasty to Cat because they dislike Cat. There's almost a sense of just gamifying meanness to try and make the funniest/most sarcastic comment publicly in order to get the most likes or entertain your friends. It's a weird pseudo-bullying effect that I also saw in a lot of the reaction to John MacLean tweeting Dan - a lot of people just rushing to make the first or best joke they could about how Dan doesn't deserve praise from his peers. It leaves a bad taste in my mouth how many people just don't care about the appropriateness of where they make these jokes. While I still don't really go for negative humor myself, even for people that do - things that are hilarious to say in a group chat or on your own twitter don't strike quite so funny when you're trying to do them in places where the people they're about can see it.

User avatar
nicky1388
dank meme
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:58 am

Re: Dan & Phil Part 89: So what now?

Post by nicky1388 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:30 pm

autumnhearth wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:55 pm
nicky1388 wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:59 pm
to anyone who has ordered clothing from the deppy shop, my daughter wants one of the classic design shirts but they only have xxs left. she's a 10 in kids clothes. do you think the adult xxs could fit her?
Hey sorry for the late reply! I got my 10 year old (who is on the skinny side, he’s an 8/M in US sizes) an xxs classic tee and it’s big on him, but not so much that he can’t wear it outside. At first I thought it might have to be lounge wear for awhile, but he adores it despite it not being his usual skin tight look. I think you’ll be fine :)
oh cool. thanks for this info. i'm assuming your son wear's boys clothing so that makes me feel better because Lilli wears a boys 8 (like men, boys clothing is bigger than their female counterparts). i was so surprised that she wanted the purple shirt given that she's going through a bit of an emo phase already and was like, "yes, if you'll let me put some color on you, i will buy it".

User avatar
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie
Posts: 5124
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:09 pm
Pronouns: she/her

Re: Dan & Phil Part 89: So what now?

Post by alittledizzy » Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:43 am

A lot of random things I'm thinking about a lot today:

- Phil liking Chris Kendall's ig pic
- all those flowers Dan brought home to the flat
- that one picture of Dan napping on the couch Phil posting in early December of 2009
- the no-pants liveshow
- how Dan and Phil got to watch each other's baby footage when they were making those reacting to childhood vids video

User avatar
knq
haru pillow
Posts: 795
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:42 pm
Pronouns: she/her
Location: Oregon, USA

Re: Dan & Phil Part 89: So what now?

Post by knq » Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:59 am

The pantsless liveshow has so many lovely moments!



Phil reading a comment just because he saw Dan's name and ending up calling Dan a meatball.
Their laughter over everything going wrong with the beginning of the liveshow.
Dan rates the show as 'horses need guidance.'
Dan stealing Phil's hairdresser and Phil reserving the best stories for himself.
They challenge each other with simple math questions. Phil fails 7*9.
"Are rodents mammals?"
Phil convincing Dan to clean the liveshow camera.
Phil's mothers day flowers which are not with Phil's mother.
Cheering up someone going through a breakup with the mother's day flowers: "They're dead like your romance."
They google "loin" and report their findings.
"Look at my shoot."
Dan carefully working his way through a genuine compliment about the Mark of Oxin.
Bees are spicy flies, the theme tune.
Dan's aggressive aversion to trailers while in the cinema.
dnp on #SPON "Just be in a white room and talk about nothing. Or is that a spon for minimalism?" and their weird noise
"Blue Exorcist 2. Blue Exorcist 2. Blue Exorcist... 2."
Trying to come to agreement on whether adventure is a good smell and Strangerville is a good show.
P: "I don't think the dog wanted to go to space. I think it was scared." D: "Yeah. Yeah."
They list movies they plan to watch on the plane. There are a lot.
D: "Phil. Phil, please end it."

There were a lot more of those than I expected!

I've never been entirely certain Phil is pantsless in the pantsless liveshow though. It looks like he's wearing black sweatpants, and he's not at all careful of how he moves, whereas Dan has a blanket pretty tightly wrapped around his waist to avoid mishaps. Is it just the Dan's corner thing that suggests Phil is also without pants?

User avatar
noodlebum
#relatable
Posts: 361
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:00 pm
Location: UK

Re: Dan & Phil Part 89: So what now?

Post by noodlebum » Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:01 am

I decided to re-watch mark of oxin, and was reminded of something I randomly exclaim out loud with no context fairly regularly... 'NOT RISHAN!'

User avatar
autumnhearth
full-time internet hobo
Posts: 1583
Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:44 am
Pronouns: she/her
Location: OH, USA

Re: Dan & Phil Part 89: So what now?

Post by autumnhearth » Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:17 pm

noodlebum wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:01 am
I decided to re-watch mark of oxin, and was reminded of something I randomly exclaim out loud with no context fairly regularly... 'NOT RISHAN!'
Isn’t it?

I’ve recently been watching their bloopers, plus fan made compilations. The ones set to wii music are priceless. I forget if any have been posted here. There are quite a few, so I’ll put them under the cut:

Who doesn’t love a good innuendo compilation?


Love this one with more recent clips


My new current fav, even though it is not new.


^ Warning for immediate language and just a point of discussion but a few of these especially at the beginning feel fake/overdramatized (in a way that isn’t just Dan being overdramatic. Yes I know that makes no sense). I still doubt if Dan hadn’t seen Can Your Pet.

And some fan compiled older bloopers. I had forgotten about many of these and was confused as to where they came from. They sometimes put them at the end of their videos, yeah?




Post Reply