Dan & Phil Part 98: forever home!!1!!!

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie
Pronouns: she/her

ahaha I love this

kavat
angel bean

Can we talk about the fact that they kept that game since 2016? It already survived the clear out of the last move. We know they wear the clothes they've been given, they display little gifts and art in their home. I wonder how many boxes of fanart survive this move.

They don't just say that they appreciate the creativity, they really mean it and it makes me :happytears:
glitterintheair
flower crown

And there's Niomi too:
I'm a winter flower underground, always thirsty for summer rain.
inanerat
rainbow nerd
Pronouns: he/she/they

Levitating wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:05 am
scientia wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:48 am Just loving that Dan was turned towards Phil for most of the video.
I was noticing their physicality and actually, to me it seemed that Phil was leaning towards Dan/the centre, while Dan was leaning away? :shrug:

Phil was being so open (and chaotic) in mentioning Phan (as in, their shipping name, used by people who think they are together), mentioning "the things the [marvel pictures] have seen", the chewing ice comment & all so other many things.

You guys know better: had Phil ever so openly joked about their relationship/phan-things? I feel like any joke has been mostly accidental and immediately after he has always made sure to make a disgusted/discomforted face.
Now it would almost seem like he is "testing the water", understanding what Dan is comfortable with, as if to slowly bring the conversation towards "we are a couple" (one day in the future)?
Because in the past, Dan has been the really defensive one, thus Phil had had to adapt and conceal himself for him because he was not ready to come out. Flirty Phil (he was so flirty in his own channel/before Dan/at the beginning with Dan) had to contain himself, stop showing this side of him because it would have fuelled the gay-discourse Dan was not comfortable with.
Now it is back and he is pushing limits all of a sudden!

2022 is coming. I cannot believe it.
With this direction and them seeming more and more comfortable and calling back to old phandom memes, I swear to GOD if one of them makes a self-aware 2022 joke or reference I will be UPSET

Saying this 'cause at this point I could see it happening within the year and that's terrifying
:transheart: :transheart: :transheart:
madytastic
tol bean

I felt so weird when I woke up this morning, I genuinely feel like somewhere along the line we just casually got transported to an alternate universe
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Aww, cute, Phil giving props to the card makers!
Megancita75
phabergé

I wonder if Stereo has contracted with Phil for a certain number of shows, or if Phil/Dan get to dictate that. It sounds like it's going to be a temporary run of Stereo shows, which is fine, but I do wonder if they already know how many or if that's still up in the air depending on other factors. I did not download Stereo last time, but I think I will this time. I really like the voice notes aspect of it, though the unknown content of them makes me nervous and they were un-moderated last time, right? All I want is at least one show to be dedicated to interior design talk. Please let's all just coordinate together to send only interior design related voice notes. :foreverhome: :foreverhome: :foreverhome:
Levitating
butt chair

In all of this,

why are Phil's legs "meaty"?
I always saw him as more straight-looking (physically, I mean he does not have curves) compared to Dan who has a more curvy-looking a appearance

i look like a pencil
tol bean

I don't know when was the last time I've written anything on here (thank you depression for making everything overwhelming) but these last videos were such a treat and made me smile for a bit so I decided to try to come back here. Seeing the happiness and positivity from all your posts was amazing and it felt like the good old days of fandom so thanks to all of you!! :love1:

Knowing that we're gonna have these stereo talks to look forward to every week is so comforting and I'm going to enjoy reading all your posts about them (and maybe even interact a bit??). Good vibes all around. :rainbowtears:
somelikeitpink
sofa crease

alittledizzy wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:36 pm
Christy and Steffi!! OMG I am loving some familiar old faces showing back up! You've should give some impressions on how this new era feels to people not active in the fandom, if you're up for it!
Hiii <3 Of course!!

I never actively stopped watching them (though I wasn't always completely up to date the last few years and sometimes watched phils video with a bit of a delay) - I probably stopped being active in the phandom sometime during Interactive Introverts? I moved away from London and my real life Deppy friends and my friends groups in generally shifted a little and so I kind of no longer had anyone to really scream at for the videos ect.

I think in comparison to when I was last PROPERLY active in the fandom.. everything feels completely different. For one - I couldn't be prouder of the boys. I am living of course for Dan being out and proud and the thirsty boy that he likes to be and of course I can't wait to see how the actual book will be... but my inner phil girl is just so so proud of him. He has gotten SO much more open and comfortable. I recently rewatched some old gaming videos and wow.. what a change. I remember there was always a lot of discourse on how the closet might affect dan (reflected in a lot of the fanfic written back then I feel like) but it didn't really occur to me to question how much it affected Phil.
The jokes??? The open way of talking about at least some of his experiences??? WHO IS THIS???
And talking specifically about this video.. the way he continuously sought out contact to Dan, the LAPDANCE JOKES??? TALKING ABOUT SEX? 2021!Phil is here and I swear to god, if he ever leaves again, it would be a crime. Both of them, but especially Phil seem to be GLOWING.

Someone very recently wrote here on the forum I think (because yes, I occasionally read here since I needed SOME relief after watching some of the videos) that Phil seems to have had time to get used to being on camera open and proud and with less of a persona on than Dan and I think that is really really accurate. It does feel a little like Dan content MIGHT be possible soon ish though?

Also @levitating wrote about how Phil seemed to be testing the waters... I do agree as well. I recently got my girlfriend to start watching the videos with me (she has a soft spot for Dan by now) and she was always a little hesitant to say that they were out as a couple too but she looked at me today when we watched it and said "Well they did that. Talk about commitment. I guess that's your new reality now". And I do feel like they are currently testing out to see how far they can go. I. mean the instagram posts? A couple of boys who bought a house together???

I vaguely remember the tour bus discussions from the last time I was active in the fandom... If someone had showed that instagram post and todays video to me back then I'd have called them a liar. It's truly a different world.

.. Also my god do I hope they get LOADS of :moneybath: :money: from Stereo...that alone should pay for at least one room in their house.
Philena
blobfish

Levitating wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:57 pm In all of this,

I always saw him as more straight-looking (physically, I mean he does not have curves) compared to Dan who has a more curvy-looking a appearance

Haha! I totally agree with you there. I've said it before (and will undoubtedly say it again), but Phil's legs are perfect, chef's kiss, beautiful, stunning, etc. Meaty, however, they are not.

Dan definitely has the meat there. I'd bite off a piece of his thigh in a famine.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Scout
crusty sponge
Pronouns: She/Her

As a giant Schitt’s Creek fan, the frickin David story is literally killing me!!!! :rofl:
:lesbianflag:
glitterintheair
flower crown

Here to say that:
1) it was about time Dan realized that because honestly? That’s what I first noticed when I started watching that show and I think the similarities don’t stop at clothing because they’re both similar personality-wise because they’re both drama queens;
2) does that mean they are watching Schitt’s creek? If so, I need opinions asap;
3) if they aren’t, then I assume Dan was lurking and saw that post that was making rounds again on tumblr lately (even though he acts like he’s never seen it before but consider this: he lies. And after “is this joint content” from yesterday, I am suspicious).
I'm a winter flower underground, always thirsty for summer rain.
Levitating
butt chair

All I am thinking is: parallels between David and Dan romantic stories.

I hadn't notice the similarities in Their styles, but now that he mentions it O.M.G., yes, totally. That's literally how Dan dresses o_o!
obvsly
procrastinator

Philena wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:49 pm Haha! I totally agree with you there. I've said it before (and will undoubtedly say it again), but Phil's legs are perfect, chef's kiss, beautiful, stunning, etc. Meaty, however, they are not.

Dan definitely has the meat there. I'd bite off a piece of his thigh in a famine.
Excuse me. In a famine??? I don’t wanna go so deep into cannibalism here but I’ll eat both tomorrow if that’s on offer and we’re not in a pandemic. Meaty legs or not, Phil’s got a lot on his bum. Now we might have to start the hank green debate again whether the bum is just a part of the legs lol
christyimnotred
tol bean

alittledizzy wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:36 pm
Christy and Steffi!! OMG I am loving some familiar old faces showing back up! You've should give some impressions on how this new era feels to people not active in the fandom, if you're up for it!
I've never been the biggest fan of Phil solo content so I stopped really paying much attention when the gaming channel died. I did watch both coming out videos and might have posted then? I'm not sure. But the recent joint content has been great. It's great to see Dan again, and he looks happy and much more at peace with himself. And Phil has become much more entertaining in his solo stuff. When I heard they had bought a house, I was really happy for them, but not surprised. After Dan's coming out video I was 1000% sure they were together. But yeah, I had forgotten how fun they are together, and now that they are more open, it's even more fun. I'll be looking for videos of their stereo shows and will probably be around here more again. It just proves to me that joint content is what I'm here for.
dontpanic
procrastinator

1. That drink sounds genuinely disgusting.

2. Do you guys think they're buying a house together? I'm not 100% positive but I think if we really pay close attention they've dropped a few hints... I know there' s some super sleuths on this site, get on this y'all!

edit: 3. Dan encouraging Phil's mpreg stuff idk how to react
Susanisnotafish
woodland creature
Pronouns: She/her

Philena wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:49 pm
Levitating wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:57 pm In all of this,

Haha! I totally agree with you there. I've said it before (and will undoubtedly say it again), but Phil's legs are perfect, chef's kiss, beautiful, stunning, etc. Meaty, however, they are not.

I think this was the origin of “Phil’s Meaty Legs.” Dan was projecting.

"Rub those freckles all over me!" --Daniel Howell
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Stan is only one letter away from Satan.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
(inventor of capita£ester, will kick people who use it to slander phil)
kavat
angel bean

I'm so not used to this amount of content. How did we manage regular videos, liveshows, tweets and ig stories?? We could depend on hearing from them almost everyday, and now they are both active two days in a row and I'm exhausted. :faint:
liola
rankussy

I'm not gonna be able to watch live because I tried downloading the stupid app once again and possibly hated it even more than last time (seriously what's UP with random people starting to talk to you the moment you open the app, i have serious issues with accidentally pressing apps when fidgeting and sudden voices you don't even know as a result is????)

So I thank the beautiful souls who will record it for us poor fools :happytears:
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
Matgo
smol bean

somelikeitpink wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:37 pmAlso my god do I hope they get LOADS of :moneybath: :money: from Stereo...that alone should pay for at least one room in their house.
I've seen it reported that people can earn up to $25,000 per stream depending on how many listeners they get.

I have to say though, I'm surprised they are going with Stereo. It's owned by the Russian billionaire Andrey Andreev, who formerly owned Bumble and not so long ago there was a big Forbes investigation which cited shocking allegations of a culture of sex, drugs, misogyny, racism and sleaze in the workplace. There were also allegations of tax evasion.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/angelauyeu ... bles-owner
shan
cheeky #spon

My alarm is set to make sure I wake up in time for tomorrow and I'm really glad they've made it that extra hour later, not too crazy a time for me for once!

This is completely irrelevant but I just found the pet thread and wanted to do a little promo for it since it hasn't been used in a long time and it's a bit hidden. Wholesome pet photos are one of my favourite things and reading people's stories was really sweet so I'd personally love to see them and fawn over them if anyone wants to share!
Levitating
butt chair

I am looking at your avatars, you three people before me, and I am getting all jiggling in thinking: am I really that excited for someone's else love? Those a couple pictures!

As for other threads: I personally just went back to the timeline of their meetings, with all those tweets about each other, about how much they miss each other, about doing so many things with each other at any possible moment! Do friends do this? I have seen internet friends being this excited for each others' visits, although mostly female & hetero, but it does sounds different from them as male - specially males in 2009.

When Dan in BIG says that he has done so many things with different people in 2009, who is he talking about? Do we know anything about Dan's dailybooth contacts outside/before Phil?