Dan and Phil Part 105: Gay 🧡

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
tinnie
delia smith

Yeah, other than the obvious clickbaits on their more recent gaming videos, they never tease anything being about their relationship and if people delude themselves into believing it's gonna be about that that's on them and not on Dan and Phil :shrug:
Dan and Phil have the right to tease an upcoming thing, whatever it is and shouldn't refrain from it because someone is gonna be disappointed when it's not whatever they dreamed up it to be. And it costing fans money also shouldn't be a problem. As long as it's not paywalling their usual content, anything else they offer is an extra. They shouldn't not go on tour or not make merch and be excited about it just because some people can't/don't want to pay for it.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

ANOTHER BIRTHDAY CHARITY STREAM :stan:
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
LAshleigh
rainbow nerd
Pronouns: she/her

Eeeeeee birthday Livestream!!

Really happy and proud of them for doing another PCRF fundraiser, they raised a hefty chunk of money last time.

Dare we hope for some sort of announcement during the stream?? Is "MONUMENTAL EVENT IN POP CULTURE HISTORY" a silly reference to the slit or does it mean something bigger? :shock:

Either way I am super happy and excited!
Panda728
crusty sponge

LAshleigh wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2024 9:52 pm Is "MONUMENTAL EVENT IN POP CULTURE HISTORY" a silly reference to the slit or does it mean something bigger? :shock:
My vote is on silly reference lol although I'll admit it wasn't my FIRST thought
howadorableright
sad dimple

trying to figure out what other ways they can mildy alter their appearances, maybe pierce phil's ears?? lol doubtful i am but wondering if they'll go a similar route of the slittening
back back back back again
literally_formless
butt chair

PHIL TATTOO AT $500K
JLynne
delia smith

I watched it live for the first half hour and had to come back to it later because of adult responsibilities, but it was so fun! They really do know how to keep an audience engaged for multiple hours, just the two of them. Which is why I'm CONFIDENT that the next big thing they're telling us to "clench" for (ugh Dan why) is another joint tour. The way they were talking about wanting to celebrate the phandom and the cultural moment that dapg lives in...idk how else they would do that if not a tour.

I suppose a book is an option too, but I think they both really loved touring together and Phil especially has been itching to do it again.
Panda728
crusty sponge

Yeah at this point I'm convinced it's a tour
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

I'm riding such a high lol that was incredible. :stan: <3
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
Grey
lady door

I texted someone who doesn’t watch D&P but knows I do that D&P (/their audience) raised $85k in 2 hours and that person responded, “Holy!” And he doesn’t even know the half of it. :rofl: Holy, indeed.
I'm having a stress.
Levitating
#relatable

I understand what everyone is saying about DnP having the right to build up excitement for whatever announcement, but perhaps what scentia was saying is something beyond rights and it has more to do with profitability?
scientia wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2024 5:46 am What I don't understand is why they'd take a risk teasing an announcement of anything, knowing how passionately their fans want relationship news...this is just going to set everyone up for disappointment, no matter how unreasonable the fans' hopes were. Especially if it's something that's going to involve fans paying for something - we've seen how disappointed everyone gets at being "relationship-baited" for money.
It's like saying that it is simply potentially unprofitable, risky, to build up expectations because, by being disappointed, reflects bad on DnP's own intent for profit.

I guess the answer lies in this:
scientia wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2024 5:46 am But idk, it all always seems to work out in their favor.

If it seems that it always ends up working in their favour, then it means that the majority of fans do not 'resent them' for not making relationship announcement despites the builds up. It's only a small majority that hopes for it so much that they end up misreading what DnP do
somelikeitpink
living flop

So I’m doing one of me yearly check ins here to say something I can’t get out of my mind ever since I watched the stream (which was great btw)

I wonder if the success of dapgs return changed Dans outlook on what constitutes good output. The way he talked about it - his surprise at how something that’s so lowkey in his eyes, when it goes directly against his own perfectionism and need to do big properly produced things… like I remember a time where he said it was one of the reasons why he struggled putting out content because he always thought it needed to be “something worth putting out” (paraphrasing here).
So now they suddenly have dapg be so successful despite approaching it as low stakes as possible… I really did think he sounded very surprised at that. In a good way. And I have a feeling whatever they’ll put out will be influenced by that revelation.
Like.. that the reason they’re successful isn’t because we want big huge quality content but because we like them as people and it doesn’t take much more than that.

Also side note: Phil being the best old turtle partner by getting him the dune bucket is my new Roman Empire
Levitating
#relatable

wasn't DNPG successful even in the pre-covid era?

Wasn't it as successful as their individual channels (as Dan's one, more crucially?)

Genuine question!

On another note: isn't this the second time they mention moving to Sweden? Is Martin living there now? Is there something more behind that mention, do you think?
JLynne
delia smith

Ok IDB is NOT letting me post an image today, whatever, but that pic of Dan on the blue couch that Phil posted is SO soft despite its silliness :rainbowtears: How does Phil get anything done??
Maybeyes
smol bean

Ok, there’s one thing I don’t understand. How can you be afraid that your “sac is hanging out”, but also have a wedgie? I know it’s a weird question, but I kept thinking about how on earth that costume is made. Does it have a bottom? Is it just that I apparently don’t understand the male anatomy?

Anyway; I loved the stream! Would love more of those in the future!
And in regards to them supposedly hyping people up about a “hard launch”. I don’t see how they have made people believe that is what was going to happen. It seems to me that people have dreamed that up on their own. All I’ve heard them say, is that that part of their lives is something they are not going to share… :shrug:
glitterintheair
phillluminati

Levitating wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 8:49 pm wasn't DNPG successful even in the pre-covid era?

Wasn't it as successful as their individual channels (as Dan's one, more crucially?)

Genuine question!

On another note: isn't this the second time they mention moving to Sweden? Is Martin living there now? Is there something more behind that mention, do you think?
DNPG was successful in the pre-covid era and definitely the preferred channel for the majority of the phandom, but I guess they weren’t sure it would still be after a 5 years long hiatus (and you can tell by the views on the vids that a lot people left which is totally normal). They were surprised people still cared after such a long break even though I am not sure I buy that because we literally begged them daily to revive the gaming channel throughout the hiatus.

Not sure about Sweden, but Martyn and Cornelia live on Isle of Man iirc.
I'm a winter flower underground, always thirsty for summer rain.
nicky1388
spork

JLynne wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 1:24 am Ok IDB is NOT letting me post an image today, whatever, but that pic of Dan on the blue couch that Phil posted is SO soft despite its silliness :rainbowtears: How does Phil get anything done??
truly. these pictures feels so very soft this year. all of them.
LAshleigh
rainbow nerd

Okay, how many times is a healthy number of times to watch Phil give Dan his birthday present? Because it's the cutest freaking thing.
momentojabali
crusty sponge

I can't believe we're getting another tour (could it be anything other than that after that livestream?) I'd love to see them irl at least once in my life
Levitating
#relatable

Has anyone RSPV Dan's story? What is it about?
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

very gentle reminder to please give some context when you post (preferably with links), this is not a social media feed so it can be really unclear as to what you're talking about :lilheart:

I was away being offline at the time but like 3 hours ago Dan posted this to his Instastories:
If you RSVP'ed you got a link to this website and if you did that you got a message saying: 'sup this is dip and pip - congratulations you are enlisted and will be the first to know when THE PHAGENDA is revealed.' I only got that on Insta, but you were supposed to get an e-mail too and people noticed the sender address was [email protected] so yeah. Tour? Maaaaaaaaybe.

But since then it seems like they have changed the e-mail address though, so potentially it was a mistake and The Phagenda is not at all tour related. So either they fucked up or they're just really fucking with us, and both those options sound equally believable. Either way, looking at the background of that first Instastory that used screenshots from videos all the way back to fetus Phil... it seems like a genuine celebration of them and their history. But what it really will be we still don't know.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
interruptfireworks
delia smith

i never ended up getting an email and i think i possibly ended up rsvp'ing twice because i didn't know if i actually clicked the right thing the first time (edit: i also can't sign up with my phone number because it says it's unavailable in my region - despite showing my country's flag next to where i type in my number? odd). anyone else still not got an email from them? i'm just worried in case we need to be signed up for a possible presale through the rsvp link
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

interruptfireworks wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2024 11:29 pm i never ended up getting an email and i think i possibly ended up rsvp'ing twice because i didn't know if i actually clicked the right thing the first time (edit: i also can't sign up with my phone number because it says it's unavailable in my region - despite showing my country's flag next to where i type in my number? odd). anyone else still not got an email from them? i'm just worried in case we need to be signed up for a possible presale through the rsvp link
I still hadn't received mine either, so I just tried it again with another e-mail and it worked! I have a feeling that in between changing the addresses a lot of people's e-mails didn't get to them. The people who did it immediately when that Story went live got the e-mail sent from the danandphiltour address and the e-mail I just received was sent from the danandphilshop address. So for a time somewhere in between things went wrong. I hope the lost e-mails will find their way to everyone soon but if you have another address you can try that and it should work!
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
interruptfireworks
delia smith

Catallena wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2024 12:17 am
interruptfireworks wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2024 11:29 pm i never ended up getting an email and i think i possibly ended up rsvp'ing twice because i didn't know if i actually clicked the right thing the first time (edit: i also can't sign up with my phone number because it says it's unavailable in my region - despite showing my country's flag next to where i type in my number? odd). anyone else still not got an email from them? i'm just worried in case we need to be signed up for a possible presale through the rsvp link
I still hadn't received mine either, so I just tried it again with another e-mail and it worked! I have a feeling that in between changing the addresses a lot of people's e-mails didn't get to them. The people who did it immediately when that Story went live got the e-mail sent from the danandphiltour address and the e-mail I just received was sent from the danandphilshop address. So for a time somewhere in between things went wrong. I hope the lost e-mails will find their way to everyone soon but if you have another address you can try that and it should work!
i signed up with another email address and i still didn't get one.... bummer. hopefully i get an email soon somewhere but i don't see it happening. hope this doesn't hinder my chances of being able to get to the tour if it comes near me too much.
interruptfireworks
delia smith

ah never mind, 8 hours since i would've tried it and i just saw i DID end up getting the email, it was just on a gmail account i barely used with the default "primary / promotions / social" tabs and i didn't think to check the promotions one which is where it ended up. crisis averted.