Dan and Phil Part 105: Gay 🧡

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
BrothAndBrine
spork
Pronouns: she/her

For those of you on twitter (X), there's some concern about Kris Edrosa (the video editor). Who knows if it will lead to anything (namely firing him) or if it's just young adults making something out of something unrelated. You can also put his name in the search bar and find more tweets from people.
interruptfireworks
delia smith

BrothAndBrine wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2024 2:13 am For those of you on twitter (X), there's some concern about Kris Edrosa (the video editor). Who knows if it will lead to anything (namely firing him) or if it's just young adults making something out of something unrelated. You can also put his name in the search bar and find more tweets from people.
phil responded to this a day ago and said they will stop working with him, if you didn't see.
BrothAndBrine
spork

Thankful Phil responded! Wonder if they will have Dan edit for a while and/or how/when they will get their next editor.
tinnie
glabella

BrothAndBrine wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2024 7:53 am Thankful Phil responded! Wonder if they will have Dan edit for a while and/or how/when they will get their next editor.
They have more than one editor for DAPG but Kris was Phil's editor on his channel as well and possibly the only one.

As for the tour, while I was around the fandom during the previous tours, I don't actually remember how much they said about those tours before tickets went up. But what would the tour have to be about to make people not want to go? Us not knowing is only a problem/awkward because people who are not in the fandom are asking what is the show we're going to about and we have nothing to tell them :rofl:
literally_formless
sofa crease

Don't we know around as much about what a tour is about as any standup kind of tour? As Dan tweeted, it's Dan and Phil being funny on a stage.
tinnie
glabella

Yeah, the description even says they'll be sharing stories they couldn't share before, roasting social media, their fans and themselves. That feels like a good enough description. Because if they're telling stories, what more can you describe it as.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Thinking about myself in july 2023 and all the DnP things that I never thought would happen ever again, and how all those things are happening right now. Crazy.

Instastory dump from yesterday:
Posting that story of Phil with ocean eyes... insane.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
Panda728
squish

Sooo excited for the pizza mukbang! If we go more than two days without the upload the anticipation may kill me
laurenbacall
delia smith

Coming from beyond the grave (I learnt from the best...) to share something that made me laugh very hard.

Camilla Cabello has a new album out, for which she's trying to present herself as a 'bad girl' (by ripping off Charli XCX, but hey, that's a post for another forum...). I saw a review for this album the other day, but was unable to actually read it because what she was wearing made me laugh so hard...

Dan inspiring the A-listers once again....
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

@ dnp i know y'all busy and no need to work yourrselves to death again like back in the day but i'm dying for some videos

i'm hoping for mukbang tonight or at least this weekend
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
Levitating
eclipse shirt

Hope it's the weekend and it'll be interesting to know if they'll even mentions the recent elections!

What did you like most about the previous mukbang? I liked the relaxed, almost uncut vibe of it. No extravagant personas but how they simply reflected on stuffy going from chilling to meaningful!
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

MUKBAAAAAANG :stan:
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
000dia000
emo goose

That was a great video! I like they were honest. I found that the first mukbang that they did was kind of bullshit and vague about them soft-retiring the dan-and-phil brand, so I'm glad they admitted to it now and that they're a lot more open-minded now and are in a good place. It genuinely feels like it and I really hope that the next year goes well for them <3
:cactus:
Levitating
eclipse shirt

A bit too many screams and what it feel like less free-floating bant and more of a structured point-by-point conversation, but still enjoyable! it's nice to hear the phandom is still alive too. I didn't expect for this tour nor for the views to be so high/top selling for their standards - that's amazing! considering YT is still not favouring them, it's still a lot. fingers crossed YT relaxes a bit and repushes their content

Any ideas what that bruise could be? :shock:
JLynne
spork

I had a bruise exactly like that earlier this month when I had to get a bunch of blood drawn and my veins were NOT cooperating :sideeye: So probably related to Phil's medical mishap that he mentioned. It would be just Phil's luck to be a hard stick
mysterylovescompany
morning quiff

"Cheers, dear."

That is all :ribena:
Grey
lady door

I’m excited - but also slightly apprehensive - for this new era. It was interesting to hear them talk about the last tour and it helped me understand the passive worry I’ve felt about this (last time they did a tour and mukbang, Dan bounced afterwards). But it does feel different this time. I hope they keep making DAPG videos. Not all the time - obviously they’ll be busy - but once in a while would be good.

I got tickets to see them in Boston which is a city I’ve never been to before!
I'm having a stress.
Levitating
eclipse shirt

So happy for your @Grey :ribena:

I keep rewatching the video & picking up on different things. Someone needs to explain me what exactly happens when they talk about cheering/touching glasses and bad luck :?
Note
crusty sponge
Pronouns: he/him

16:08 Dan: "You know how it's like we were put—two little boys from Redding and Rawtenstall—and then we met via the internet and we created this thing called Dan & Phil. The ingredients of ranch were put in this universe by God for the singular purpose of coming together to become ranch."

This is the most romantic thing he has ever said
dontpanic
eclipse shirt

I'm not 100% up-to-date on how youtube analytics work and stuff... are they actually doing better compared to 2016 numbers? I guess they're posting a lot more consistently now, but I remember pre-hiatus they would get a minimum of 1 million views per video and now they're averaging more 400k (still impressive tbh, I'm still shocked they have such a big audience after all this time).
tinnie
glabella

Note wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2024 6:53 am 16:08 Dan: "You know how it's like we were put—two little boys from Redding and Rawtenstall—and then we met via the internet and we created this thing called Dan & Phil. The ingredients of ranch were put in this universe by God for the singular purpose of coming together to become ranch."

This is the most romantic thing he has ever said
It's so cheesy and hilarious that I can't get over it. He tasted ranch and was like "This is the best thing ever. What could I compare it to? Me an Phil!"
I'd like someone to make a deeper analysis with more example of how they show their love for each other. Dan is more out there with the metaphors and calling them soulmates and husbands and what not. While Phil never says anything like that and has more of a private way of supporting Dan that we sometimes get to see. Such as the end bit he added in the hair cutting video or talking how he felt a bit lost when he wasn't making videos with Dan but was supportive of him taking a break. They're just so <3 :rainbowtears:
momentojabali
squish

I haven't seen anyone talking about it here but there's a discord server where you can talk about the tour/deppy in general and also find other people who are going alone! It's really fun here's the link: https://discord.gg/mPd5YWDzUH
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Several new UK shows have been announced in Birmingham, Brighton, London, Manchester and Glasgow.

The new London show will be a matinee on the 26th, the day that had already been added after the first two shows sold out quick. Another noticeable date is that of the new Manchester show, since it will be on January 30th aka Phil's birthday!

Tickets go on sale on Friday.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
Levitating
eclipse shirt

Have they used any type of language to indicate that it'll be a scripted show?

I don't know if 'stage show' means this or if II was also described as such while being less scripted and more structured. Which one did you prefer, if you attended both?

I feel like it makes each show more special if it's personalised to the one event (like per WAD too), so people will want to attend more too.
tinnie
glabella

I'd love for it to be more unscripted, because they are implying it'll be a lot about telling stories and sharing stuff they haven't shared before. And that's more fun when it's not repeated over and over again and therefore more natural. But they can't pull out 60+ shows worth of new stories. And the FOMO would be bigger if they did something very different at each show. So I'm curious how scripted it is and how the shows differ.