Dan & Phil Part 51: Master of Erotic Massages

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
Sinister Shipper
drama llama

autumnhearth love your timestamps, made me giggle! (Wish my ex husband would have understood why I liked them enough to share some bants with him, he judged me hardcore)

I thought i was seeing things in Phils bedroom with the curved wall. I think the curved walls are kinda cool but probably a pain in the ass to decorate around & they don't seem very practical but then again we don't know the secrets they hide and they are kinda cool.

Dark accent walls throughout, curved bright white walls, yellowish hardwood floors, white shiny tiled floors, weird red wall storage boxes in the gaming room, full wall of windows, 1/2 glass wall, 1/2 dark faux wood looking wall in slounge, dark gray bathroom tiles, industrial pipe railing going down the stairs -- it's like the designer of this place wasn't sure what they wanted to include so why not try a little bit of everything. It's like a hodgepodge of textures, colors and shapes.

It's just weird but I'd live there!
interruptfireworks
delia smith
Pronouns: she/her

woooooow i'm so late to the video discussion!! i just finished school a few hours ago so i can only now comment on this (gotta love timezones )

my thoughts?? it was an ok video, didn't like it as much as the sleepless night with phil videos as it didn't feel as relaxed and after reading through the last few pages of this thread i can for deffo see why i got that vibe lmao.

it just felt kinda staged and i feel so bad that after all this time they still, especially phil, feel a bit uncomfy with us, with the whole filming the video early (if that's even the case) ordeal or the fact he even filmed one so close to the outbreak of sharing-a-room theories to try clear all of them up. it just makes me feel a lil sad, maybe i'm looking into that too much but idk.
somethingsketchy
janice from the shop

Just dropping by to lighten the mood a bit. I'm living for the vase dragging on Tumblr right now.
[tumblr] <div class="tumblr-post" data-href="https://embed.tumblr.com/embed/post/mmo ... 3612449925" data-did="2cbff232e468dcdb9cf07dc38abb47ca319926ee">[/tumblr]
[tumblr] <div class="tumblr-post" data-href="https://embed.tumblr.com/embed/post/kmG ... 3609840969" data-did="80d8eb42ca246f46ed62482e93a883e1c6e5aa0a">[/tumblr]
[tumblr] <div class="tumblr-post" data-href="https://embed.tumblr.com/embed/post/4ty ... 3609466785" data-did="b0f2523df89900f12dc3ac49964226ff3c99f5fe">[/tumblr]
[tumblr] <div class="tumblr-post" data-href="https://embed.tumblr.com/embed/post/PST ... 3609941799" data-did="c1f98ec595909fcf95a754c96e141d531304ec92">[/tumblr]
[tumblr] <div class="tumblr-post" data-href="https://embed.tumblr.com/embed/post/5ax ... 3610475555" data-did="335c7fe423e46379d567f8a771d40f1959c326c9">[/tumblr]
[tumblr] <div class="tumblr-post" data-href="https://embed.tumblr.com/embed/post/nVt ... 3609734059" data-did="92fa0d46a63aeb173fd06abe07c42db6b2808855">[/tumblr]
autumnhearth
senpai

Okay A Sleepless Night With Autumn has culminated in a really out there theory.

Brace yourselves.

What if this video wasn't filmed this weekend?

Now I know what you're all thinking: "But Autumn, how could that be? Phil mentioned seeing Dunkirk at the beginning of the video and he tweeted about seeing it and the chocolate covered espresso beans on the same day."

Yes, he did. But for some reason every time they mentioned Dunkirk in a ls (or rather were asked about it) I had a weird feeling. They kept saying they were seeing it later, that they had tickets, but they weren't sure what weekend. Phil wasn't even sure during this Thursday's ls. Now, I don't expect them to share what night they are planning on going out with us for safety sake. Likewise we know they fudge dates after the fact. For all we know they could attend most films on Wednesdays and tweet about them on the weekend. (There are probably things that condradict this, like certain premiere dates and the fact that Bryony and Wirrow tweet about seeing the same films with them). But something about Dunkirk felt different to me.

What if this sleepless night video was meant to be the last AP video shot in this apartment and they recorded it and planned related tweets like the sound proofing tile incident around it to throw us off? It would explain the empty shelf in Dan's video and the full one in Phil's. And why Dan had to do his ls in the moon room. Maybe it's not a reaction to the recent bedroom discourse, but a misdirection for the moving theories. Feel free to blow holes in my theory. I'm worried at my level of tin hatting here. Though honestly, if this isn't true, I may have to admit that they aren't moving in August.

You should probably just treat this post as humor and I really should try to sleep.

Nosega here we go.
somethingsketchy
janice from the shop

autumnhearth wrote:Okay A Sleepless Night With Autumn has culminated in a really out there theory.

Brace yourselves.

What if this video wasn't filmed this weekend?
Now I know what you're all thinking: "But Autumn, how could that be? Phil mentioned seeing Dunkirk at the beginning of the video and he tweeted about seeing it and the chocolate covered espresso beans on the same day."

Yes, he did. But for some reason every time they mentioned Dunkirk in a ls (or rather were asked about it) I had a weird feeling. They kept saying they were seeing it later, that they had tickets, but they weren't sure what weekend. Phil wasn't even sure during this Thursday's ls. Now, I don't expect them to share what night they are planning on going out with us for safety sake. Likewise we know they fudge dates after the fact. For all we know they could attend most films on Wednesdays and tweet about them on the weekend. (There are probably things that condradict this, like certain premiere dates and the fact that Bryony and Wirrow tweet about seeing the same films with them). But something about Dunkirk felt different to me.

What if this sleepless night video was meant to be the last AP video shot in this apartment and they recorded it and planned related tweets like the sound proofing tile incident around it to throw us off? It would explain the empty shelf in Dan's video and the full one in Phil's. And why Dan had to do his ls in the moon room. Maybe it's not a reaction to the recent bedroom discourse, but a misdirection for the moving theories. Feel free to blow holes in my theory. I'm worried at my level of tin hatting here. Though honestly, if this isn't true, I may have to admit that they aren't moving in August.

You should probably just treat this post as humor and I really should try to sleep.

Nosega here we go.
I think your theory is plausible, or we are sharing the same tinhat, as I had basically the same thoughts about the video. You just formulated the theory better than I ever could have.

I think it's fairly possible that the Sleepless Night video was filmed at least before Phil's latest liveshow. This might just be me tinhatting and seeing things, but to me it looks like Phil's hair is longer in the Sleepless Night vid than in the liveshow, and both D&P mentioned having just got their hair cut in last week's liveshows. Also, since Bryony and Wirrow are their closest friends, they would most probably be in any cover-up scheme D&P might have and tweet about going to the cinema when it's convenient for D&P if they were asked to do so.

(not that I care if they're lying or not, but I just thought this is worth mentioning because if this is true, then the moving theory isn't debunked yet)
Last edited by somethingsketchy on Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

You guys and your tinfoil conspiracies, I love it

The video was posted right when I wanted to switch off the lights and sleep so I just skimmed through it and tbh haven't had the motivation to watch it in its entirety. As some people said, the Sleepless Night videos have lost their spontaneous/random character and just feel a bit planned.

I'm curious if there will be an LS today and if yes, where it'll be. The whole Dan & Phil™ brand seems so carefully crafted that I'd be surprised if there wasn't more to the "waving camera around moon room" and "Phil still in the shoebox and only showing very limited angles" thing. Flat out lies (Dan's LS before the move) and "planting seeds" are nothing new, so no wonder you guys are going through 10 rolls of tin foil a week.

(Disclaimer: I am not complainin about the lies, after all, they are providing entertainment for free so I don't feel like I have the right at all to judge them for telling untruths as long as they aren't malicious. It's all for their own good and wellbeing and I respect that, so they can keep the shoeboxes and random phone LSs but they also need to know that there will be speculation then)
captainspacecoat
stress mushroom

I'm yet to watch the video as I've been at uni all day and just got home, but just picture me as that gif of Donald Glover coming back with pizza to a room that's on fire.

fancybum your post was great and pretty much sums up my feelings. Dan and Phil have always maintained that they sleep in separate bedrooms - if people got their hopes up that this pretence would end with the new flat then unfortunately that's their own problem. They said they had two bedrooms in the old flat, and there's no reason to believe that would change just because they moved.

Personally, I struggle to believe that Phil sleeps in that tiny room while Dan gets the significantly larger/more lived-in master bedroom, and pretty much nothing will convince me otherwise. However, I fully respect the reasoning behind them keeping up that pretence. I'm a very private person myself, and there's very little that I share even with my friends (including my sexuality). And at the end of the day, we are not Phil's friends. We are strangers to him, no matter how much we may feel otherwise. He and Dan are not obligated to share intimate details of their lives with us, and we are not entitled to feel outraged when they fail to do so. Disappointed? Sure, but not angry or upset with Dan and/or Phil (not saying anyone here was necessarily outraged btw, but I have seen those reactions elsewhere).

As far as the conversation surrounding why they continue to project an image of platonic friendship goes: I think that's just because that's what feels comfortable to them. I think it's easy to simplify the situation, and to think 'well they live in a liberal city and have a very accepting audience and surely it must be exhausting to keep hiding like this'. But at the end of the day, it may well be that the thought of explicitly revealing their relationship, and having something so precious and private suddenly be catapulted into the public, is terrifying and uncomfortable to them. Likewise, maintaining a clear boundary between the image of themselves they share with their audience and the one they share with friends/family and/or keep just for them is much more comforting to them, despite the amount of effort and vigilance it must take to do so.

What does rub me the wrong way a bit, and I think people are definitely entitled to be annoyed by, is Phil seemingly lying about the time in which he filmed the video. That feels unnecessary to me, and there's no reason he couldn't have genuinely filmed the video throughout the night rather than at 8pm. However, I guess 'authenticity' and 'youtube' don't actually go hand in hand, so I should probably just get over it.

Anyway, as others have said these sorts of discussions come around like clockwork - they always have and they always will, until/unless their relationship gets definitively confirmed or disproved. It'll all blow over soon and peace shall once again return to the kingdom
bluebox-away
woodland creature

This discussion has been pretty wild and interesting to read, but I think fancybum absolutely nailed it for me personally (particularly love the pretentious metaphor )
Back to RepressionBot: again, I say all of this with love and acceptance. Usually. I can't speak for actual Phil Lester because that man is mostly a stranger to me, but I believe it's fair to say that AmazingPhil is pretty repressed- otherwise he's quite emotionally shallow if this is all there is. But that's by design, that's how he wants it. People like to think of Phil as the sunshine (gag. just for the record.) and Dan as the dark whatever, but for the purposes of this upcoming pretentious metaphor, when it comes to being personal or vulnerable, Dan's the one who is sometimes too bright to look at and it's Phil who we squint at in the darkness, looking for a glow or glimmer of something. But he won't be any more forthcoming or emotional with us as he would be with a cashier or a waiter. It's all breezy and friendly, some jokes, some puns, until the transaction is over and he can go home and swear at Mario Kart and get his fuck on and sleep god knows where- all things that the cashier or cab driver or dentist or you or me have no need to be privy to, as far as Phil is concerned. Because he's in grandma-mode, best behaviour mode, when dealing with strangers. There is an intentional, and consistent, divide between us because that's how he's most comfortable. He doesn't seem to need or want more than that. So people expecting much more will always be disappointed (but hey it's totally understandable to want more; I'm in that boat. it's got a hole in it).
I think with how Dan often is in liveshows it's easy to feel like they're opening up, only to then be jolted back to reality with a distant 'grandma-mode' Phil which is just kind of frustrating and disappointing. They're totally entitled to their privacy, but the whole 1 step forward, 2 steps back thing does kind of do my head in sometimes

V intrigued to see what they get up to in August, I'd be pretty surprised if they're bailing on SITC just for Phil's mum's birthday when M&C are going but if they're worried about the security issues and so on I could see this being a useful excuse for not going.
Somehow I missed them following production company people, very interested to see what comes of that (if anything)
06/04/2016 - I found The Weakest Link :ninja:
Gif credit: IckleMissMayhem
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

somethingsketchy wrote:Just dropping by to lighten the mood a bit. I'm living for the vase dragging on Tumblr right now.
[tumblr] <div class="tumblr-post" data-href="https://embed.tumblr.com/embed/post/mmo ... 3612449925" data-did="2cbff232e468dcdb9cf07dc38abb47ca319926ee">[/tumblr]
[tumblr] <div class="tumblr-post" data-href="https://embed.tumblr.com/embed/post/kmG ... 3609840969" data-did="80d8eb42ca246f46ed62482e93a883e1c6e5aa0a">[/tumblr]
[tumblr] <div class="tumblr-post" data-href="https://embed.tumblr.com/embed/post/4ty ... 3609466785" data-did="b0f2523df89900f12dc3ac49964226ff3c99f5fe">[/tumblr]
[tumblr] <div class="tumblr-post" data-href="https://embed.tumblr.com/embed/post/PST ... 3609941799" data-did="c1f98ec595909fcf95a754c96e141d531304ec92">[/tumblr]
[tumblr] <div class="tumblr-post" data-href="https://embed.tumblr.com/embed/post/5ax ... 3610475555" data-did="335c7fe423e46379d567f8a771d40f1959c326c9">[/tumblr]
[tumblr] <div class="tumblr-post" data-href="https://embed.tumblr.com/embed/post/nVt ... 3609734059" data-did="92fa0d46a63aeb173fd06abe07c42db6b2808855">[/tumblr]
vasegate is my favourite thing. i mean what on earth was he thinking by using it, I think it's my favourite part of the video tbh. do they not have any clean glasses? was he just extra thirsty? was he just too lazy to find a glass! maybe he forgot what a vase really should be used for.....
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
lurker
janice from the shop
Pronouns: they/them

interesting posts, fancybum and autumnhearth.

i also don't really believe that the sleepless night video was a reaction to the recent discussions. i'm not into the bedroom discourse and wouldn't mind it being less prevalent at all, but it has been going on ever since they moved -- what's been new since dan's ls was, as far as i can see, people trying to figure out the apartment with new rigor. i don't see why it'd be a good move to react to that by showing new angles of the apartment.
autumnhearth wrote:Honestly, it's an AmazingPhil video, of course it's going to start off in the AmazingPhil room. That's his video background with his bedding.
that's another point -- i don't think the majority of people were even expecting it to start off somewhere else. it's a video on his main channel where he has just recently shown his new room after the move to his entire audience. it'd be confusing, channel and ap-persona-wise, if he didn't show his room at all. so i don't really see what could have been different that wouldn't make us speculate whether it was a reaction to the recent theories (apart from making it a completely different video, a.k.a. "sleepless night with dan and phil - realistic version", of course).

maybe i'm overlooking stuff, but while the video seemed a bit rushed to me at my first watch, it seems to me like phil resorting to a proven formula that allows him to upload a video that will probably be liked by his audience as well as making some announcements (gaming channel, merch). it genuinely doesn't seem deeper than that to me.

so...let's all drink some kool-aid from a vase and look forward to dream daddy?
thank's you were great
gnostic
stress mushroom

lurker wrote:interesting posts, fancybum and autumnhearth.

i also don't really believe that the sleepless night video was a reaction to the recent discussions. i'm not into the bedroom discourse and wouldn't mind it being less prevalent at all, but it has been going on ever since they moved -- what's been new since dan's ls was, as far as i can see, people trying to figure out the apartment with new rigor. i don't see why it'd be a good move to react to that by showing new angles of the apartment.
autumnhearth wrote:Honestly, it's an AmazingPhil video, of course it's going to start off in the AmazingPhil room. That's his video background with his bedding.
that's another point -- i don't think the majority of people were even expecting it to start off somewhere else. it's a video on his main channel where he has just recently shown his new room after the move to his entire audience. it'd be confusing, channel and ap-persona-wise, if he didn't show his room at all. so i don't really see what could have been different that wouldn't make us speculate whether it was a reaction to the recent theories (apart from making it a completely different video, a.k.a. "sleepless night with dan and phil - realistic version", of course).

maybe i'm overlooking stuff, but while the video seemed a bit rushed to me at my first watch, it seems to me like phil resorting to a proven formula that allows him to upload a video that will probably be liked by his audience as well as making some announcements (gaming channel, merch). it genuinely doesn't seem deeper than that to me.

so...let's all drink some kool-aid from a vase and look forward to dream daddy?
"Drink some Kool-Aid from a vase" should be the new thread name considering the usual meaning of the phrase, tbh

Every time these days I post with great trepidation because I don't want to lose my "morning quiff" status, but I will risk it to applaud fancybum for an incredible post
Just here for the marketing skills
somethingsketchy
janice from the shop

missemma wrote:
somethingsketchy wrote:Just dropping by to lighten the mood a bit. I'm living for the vase dragging on Tumblr right now.
vasegate is my favourite thing. i mean what on earth was he thinking by using it, I think it's my favourite part of the video tbh. do they not have any clean glasses? was he just extra thirsty? was he just too lazy to find a glass! maybe he forgot what a vase really should be used for.....
The most logical reason is obviously that all their glasses had already been packed for the move, so Phil didn't have any other option besides drinking out of a vase.

Oh, I almost forgot my favourite Tumblr post that has come out of this.
[tumblr] <div class="tumblr-post" data-href="https://embed.tumblr.com/embed/post/CcZ ... 3612720996" data-did="da39a3ee5e6b4b0d3255bfef95601890afd80709">[/tumblr]
#vasegate is the best "scandal" since this one:

[tumblr] <div class="tumblr-post" data-href="https://embed.tumblr.com/embed/post/JUW ... 9273966265" data-did="d209e895693d96d11c4dd5eba74c6c991352839b">[/tumblr]
I'll see myself out now.
Birdie
blobfish

Ablissa wrote:Has he really deleted a comment thread like that? I feel bad now too. :/
And I'm sad, really. Like I said earlier, what a step back. It doesn't make any sense to me.
I just came home and am trying to catch up on the thread and this was a few pages back but I just feel like saying that them wanting some god damn privacy is not a step back. They deserve some privacy, they deserve to keep some things secret if they want to and I honestly think they deserve to curb the discussion about their sleeping arrangements as much as they want to if it makes them uncomfortable. We aren't entitled to know everything about them and I think when they make pretty clear what narrative they want to put out ("Phil sleeps in this room") and their fans keep disregarding it and trying to get to "the truth", they have every right to nib that in the bud. I think people keep forgetting how very private this matter is, especially in the context of deppy's public history. If Phil really deleted that comment thread, good for him. This is nothing to be sad about. It sends a message, I think, and that message isn't that they've taken a step back, it's that people need to leave their private lives the hell alone because we have no right to pry into that like hungry piranhas, especially not on platforms where they will see it. (Btw, I don't consider IDB such a platform. I have no idea if they read here or even know it exists but IDB is in no way something they can't avoid looking at which is why I love it.)

Long story short: Phil has every right to act once the line has been crossed and it has been crossed. Deppy haven't been pushing their bedroom narrative to fuck with us or to entertain us but because it's the narrative they want out there and loads of phandom members just couldn't accept that this is a part of their lives they don't want their fans to take part in. Not a step back, just two men trying to protect whatever privacy they have left.
Loafer wrote:I can think of a laundry list of reasons why they wouldn't want to come out and I absolutely don't want them to if they don't want to. I don't mind them keeping the closet door shut if the want, but at this point, with a forever home and dog on the horizon, it just doesn't seem logical.
Let's assume for a moment that they're really together: I think it's very logical. They can't put their dreams on hold just because they have a giant fanbase they might not want to share those dreams with. A famous couple might very well want to spend their lives together, buy a house and settle down without also wanting to come out to basically the whole world. And if that's what deppy want, I think they deserve to have it. You can't expect famous couples to put their whole lives on hold just because they're not ready to openly come out as a couple. Coming out to their fans is not a requirement for them to get to be happy together, if they're together.
confusedpanda wrote:I'm just gonna come out right and say this, what the hell is everyone talking about with "too many lines broken lately"? I'm not sure how long a lot of you have been in the phandom, but this speculation/theorizing shit has been going on for years now. Literally all of last year was bus gate, this whole sharing a fucking room theory isn't a new thing! Of course it doesn't make it right or ok but a lot of you are acting like this is a new thing when it hasn't been at all.
I've been here for a couple of years (I can't believe it's going to be five years soon actually, that's crazy) and I of course agree that this has always been happening but I think the situation is tensing up lately. The more open and comfortable deppy get, the more intrusive the phandom gets. I love how apathy put it: "if the outer walls of the mystery fall, the speculation attack just moves farther in." Exactly. I really don't think this will work out for very much longer actually. Either deppy will be forced to give a definite answer (if it's true or not doesn't really matter at this point) or there's going to be a big falling-out within the phandom because the closer they dig towards the core of the deppy "mystery", the more invasive they get and the more pressure will be put on deppy to defend their privacy in whatever way. Idk if this makes sense at all, I'm having trouble putting this into words.

Okay, back to Vase Gate now please, I live for it.
Swefred
not a first-time poster
Pronouns: He/Him

Just to give him som benefit of the doubt:

I don't really know how steam works but could it be possible that they had a queue of games updating/downloading automatically and that that particular game started at whatever time it was (20.20?), shortly before they shut off the computer to go to watch Dunkirk?
malday
emo goose

missemma wrote:
People have been dragging him ever since he called it "a glass" in the ASMR video.
He just wanted to prove people wrong and put an end to this discourse.
That's the real reason he made this video.
coffeepenguin
rainbow nerd

I don't really want to continue with the bedroom discussion, but I feel like there's one point that hasn't really been addressed, which surprises me actually, because it's not a new thing. I'll quote from one post that mentions it:
Loafer wrote:I haven't watched Phils video yet, but I know I watch them both for entertainment and I know that most of their videos (particularly phils) are going to prioritize being entertaining over being genuine. I don't mind for the most part, fibbing on details or exaggerating a story or planned reactions or whatever is fine and to be expected but I guess it's a slippery slope, because it does feel a little more :/ when the whole entire premise is faked. I get it, the sleepless nights videos are fairly popular, why not make another one, and why not film it in the evening and not actually have to film when you happen to have a night where you can't sleep? Basically to me it's just an unfriendly reminder that their job is to entertain and stay relevant, not to share their entire real lives. But I don't think anyone likes feeling like they are being messed with. S'why I don't watch a lot of reality tv anymore, I know most if not all of it is contrived but they act like it's not. Leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

I do hope this video was just genuinely Phil wanting to put out content and didn't have anything to do with all of the ongoining conversations around thir sleeping arrangements, but it seems a little too timely. Since the idea that they were that upset by the speculation makes me sad, I've come up with another theory. Maybe Dan deliberately live streamed in the moon room because he knew Phil was scheduled to film a sleepless nights vid and thought it would help to cement the two bedroom narrative, perhaps because they have something coming up soon (secret project or appearance?) where they wanted to reestablish the best friends and roommates image, maybe because they will be more in view of the general public and don't want more people speculating about their relationship or they don't want to have the image of "that gay couple from YouTube". Or perhaps their plan is to be in a glass closet to their core viewers (thus dan being lax about showing the bedroom on along livestream casual viewers won't watch, as opposed to doing a main channel house tour or something) but it'll be BAU on their main channels.

I can think of a laundry list of reasons why they wouldn't want to come out and I absolutely don't want them to if they don't want to. I don't mind them keeping the closet door shut if the want, but at this point, with a forever home and dog on the horizon, it just doesn't seem logical.
I couldn't agree more with the bolded part. That's your answer to the "Why then did Dan show us the room if they don't want speculation", all here. It's been already talked about on this forum, remember for instance the kangaroo onesie thing before doing TATINOF Australia when Dan told us about it in his ls and then everybody was offended,like, he thought we were stupid and faked being surprised in the Phil's video? The ls audience and the youtube audience are two different things, those who watch live shows are super dedicated fans who follow everything closely, it's logical deppy would be more open with us there, they show the backstage, even Phil with the glass reflection, remember all the happiness on here a few pages ago! They don't even plug them on their main channels, do they?
Dan wants to be understood. Phil just wants to make the viewer smile and sell some backpacks (c) fancybum
moaninglisa
drama llama

Swefred wrote:Just to give him som benefit of the doubt:

I don't really know how steam works but could it be possible that they had a queue of games updating/downloading automatically and that that particular game started at whatever time it was (20.20?), shortly before they shut off the computer to go to watch Dunkirk?
could be! i'm not sure about the last part tho, they saw the film way earlier. phil tweeted about watching dunkirk at 14:00 (i just checked lol).
Vanderlyle
spork

loved what fancybum said

here is my thing - if they are together and did announce it, does anyone think for one minute the invasiveness would end? like someone said, as the walls of privacy fall, the siege for information doesn't end, it just gets more and more personal. i hateeee the top/bottom discussion so freaking much and i believe that would become the new "are they together" - it already is to some extent, but with confirmation of some kind of relationship, it would be horrendous. people would complain that they didn't talk about that, people would complain that they weren't doing enough for the lgbtq community, people would complain that they should get a kid, people would complain that there isn't enough PDA. heaven help us all if they broke up, but still wanted to continue working together on their empire.

like, to me, i don't see an end. we ask a lot what the end goal is, or what will be enough - the answer is, for a lot of the phandom, nothing will be enough.
if they even are together, i think the wall they have in place is the perfect stopping point.
i still think the relationship they have is something incredibly atypical/complicated and difficult to describe which is another reason for their privacy - perhaps, dare i say, potentially not sexual? :gg: maybe it was once and isn't now? maybe it still is? who knows- at the end of the day, it's not my business
people use other gay couples an example, but the comparison doesn't work. no other non-yt celebrity gives us weekly content/ videos focused on their life/ them as people. the accessibility is entirely different. typical celebrity fandom is no where near as engaged or active- there is no where near the level of engagement or community. it's just a whole different ballgame
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

fancybum wrote:Let's all watch Bubble Bobble and eat some Junior Mints.
I'll cheers to that. The Junior Mints being forgotten were easily the most disappointing part of the video.

(But really, fancybum is full of wisdom and good perspective, thumbs up to that entire post.)
fancybum
senpai

alittledizzy wrote:
fancybum wrote:Let's all watch Bubble Bobble and eat some Junior Mints.
I'll cheers to that. The Junior Mints being forgotten were easily the most disappointing part of the video.

(But really, fancybum is full if wisdom and good perspective, thumbs up to that entire post.)
(I'm definitely full of something, no argument there )

How long until we can demand another gaming video? If they really wanted everyone to shush they could just post Sims and give us that domestic redecorating we all crave.
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
snokoplasmic
procrastinator

fancybum wrote:How long until we can demand another gaming video? If they really wanted everyone to shush they could just post Sims and give us that domestic redecorating we all crave.
oh god, i need a redecorating video so bad. i need to see if they decide to make a second floor, and all the new furniture
sparkle
blobfish

Holy shit. Six pages. Well done Phil. (also who the fuck drinks out of a vase. Dan please gave more words with him)

My thoughts on this video are a little incoherent. I enjoyed it and it made me laugh. Im kinda glad there was no Dan cameo, and I'm not going to drag Phil for maybe exaggerating on when it was filmed, he needed to get a video out andhes been sick and if he's got a project coming up its a good filler video.

I think he filmed this so he doesn't have to worry about videos for at least another week because of their wedding next weekend
:sparkle: dan howell gives me life :sparkle:
don't waste your time
or time will waste you
:sparkle:
confusedpanda
ar·tic·u·late
Pronouns: Her/she

With vasegate, I'd like to point out the fact that phil isn't the only flipside talent person drinking out of a vase lately. The theory is totally 100000% flipside telling their clients to lowkey enforce their audience on being hydrated even more than before.
We're here, we're queer, we're filled with existential fear!
gif cred: pseudophan on tumblr
liola
rankussy

I rewatched the video earlier to see if maybe I would get a different feeling on second watch. I still find Phil as cute as ever I feel blessed that we got more glasses and his shakira hips/butt.

I'm not really getting again into the timestamps thing because it could just be a giant misunderstanding and the game was just queued (though I did see someone say when he was in the kitchen it looked like he was in front of daylight but I'm way too blind to see anything like that).

I don't remember who said this so please forgive me if I don't quote you (I tried to scroll back but who knows how long ago this was lmao) but re: what they share on main channel videos vs what they share on livestreams: I do agree that the two set of viewers are clearly different, and the things they show on main channel videos have the possibility to get to people who don't really care that much about them vs people who watch their liveshow every week, where we can see a Dan that is way more open and usually relaxed.

But I was also thinking if this still applies like it once did? They both post their liveshows on their side channels now, which yes they do have less subscribers than their main channels but it's still more than a million people watching and possibly sharing them on social. So I wonder, is this really different or is it just what they perceive?

I'm mostly babbling and trying to understand what feels off for me this time around, when I know they will probably never properly come out (and why would they? It's not the internet business what goes on in their life, they're not daily vloggers either, I'm pretty sure they're out to the people around them aka family and close friends) and I think they will keep up the behaviour until it really cannot be denied (like eventually adopting a child or getting married aka public records, IF they ever want to do those things obviously).

So what is it that made this video feel like a step back for the phandom? I think it might be what fancybum said, re robot!Phil. It's true, he doesn't really open up to us, never really did. And I think it didn't use to make a difference to most people because Dan was the same for a while and they maintained a certain distance in videos together and it felt a bit more coherent I guess. Now that Dan has been way more open in liveshows, they've been more relaxed in videos together, it feels like Phil is still holding back, not only in his main channel but also during liveshows. And I love my Phil, I'm complete trash for him and always felt more drawn to him than Dan because of his bubbly personality and positivity, but then sometimes it strikes me that we really just see a persona of him, way more than with Dan I guess.

Tl;dr: I don't blame Phil at all, I still love my tall baby, still stupidly sad they feel the need to hide themselves instead of relax completely (but I have no idea what it feels like to be in the closet so who am I to even say a thing) and I wish one day we'll have a Phil that opens up to us, not even about his relationship with Dan, but even a more real Phil, with opinions and even showing that he has bad days. :gg:
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
Birdie
blobfish

TomSka no, I trusted you. :( We're all making fun of Phil now but once they release their Dan and Phil drinking vases to the shop, we'll all be there buying them, just you wait.

(I love your post, fancybum. )