Dan & Phil Part 73: my furry bf

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
lilabet
philussy
Pronouns: She/Her

sugar wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:58 pm
lilabet wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:54 pm What even is their username?
assuming you mean dnp on the rize app, its DanAndPhil
Thanks there's so many variations and no way to check them further you just start trying to call/video them.
Phandom Gives
@phandomgives on social media. Check out the website for the latest information and current donation drive! <3
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

that insta story from dan. just. yeah.
everything about it. i am gay.
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

I'm glad Dan has his arms on display. Reminds me that I wanted to spend a whole post gushing over how fit he looked in the Extreme Tetris video.

They're just both attractive af lately and tbh I'm here for general household nudity tyvm.
sparkle
blobfish
Pronouns: she/her

if someone can record Rize tomorrow then i'll love them forever. I finish work at 8pm and though I have an iPhone 8 and theoretically should have no problem streaming on my way home, I am not made of fucking money to pay for THAT much data. I get 5gb on my contract which is fine but I'm 2 days into this billing period and accidentally used over 400mb yesterday so..... unless someone here works at O2 and wants to whack me on a 50gb contract for no extra cost :lol: I'll pay you in Dan and Phil waffle?

i'm also glad that my thoughts on a Dan video are shared? (FUCKING UPLOAD ONE DAN JESUS CHRIST I VACUUMED MY CERVIX TODAY AND I WOULD LIKE SOMETHING TO DISTRACT ME FROM HOW MUCH THAT FUCKING HURTS AND I HAVE THERAPY ON THURSDAY MORNING)

I genuinely, honestly, think there's a very strong possibility that Dan could do a video on sexuality but not actually mention anything personal. And I do think he's brilliant and I WANT him to never come out 'properly' and just be. I'm genuinely sure if he can find a way of making a sexuality video without addressing phan, or any other potential boyfriend/girlfriend/fuck buddy, and avoid labelling, then he will and he will soon.
:sparkle: dan howell gives me life :sparkle:
don't waste your time
or time will waste you
:sparkle:
Becky.rigby
living flop

I know this might sound stupid, but i miss Dan and Phil so much :( I know they have been so busy on tour, but some of us could't go to the tour and feel like we have really been lacking in contents, particuarly on Dans main channel. I know Phil has uploaded twice since being on tour, and Dan hasn't uploaded once. The fact they have moved to rize aswell, when younow was easier for their viewers, especially as they starting going on their main channels. I guess the lack of liveshows is not helping, and instagram stories arent the same. Also I miss live gaming.
Ataraxia25
flower crown
Pronouns: they/them

anime_is_not_cool wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:48 pm
Also heck heck HECK Dan in a tank top... No hetero but I want to die. He is the only guy in this world who makes me question my sexuality. Every time I think I'm over it.... he does something like this. Amazing.
wow i relate! i’m very gay, i know i’m gay i have a doubt but when i see dan like that... wow

i’m really not exciting for the live tomorrow, and also i don’t want to have that every week, especially if the app is not accessible for everyone and if it can’t support all the people connected at the same time
:gayaf:
George
sad dimple

LtrllySusan wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:18 pm I just find it unfair that their live content is moved towards an app that is literally inaccessable unless you have a certain phone. I'm not Ltrlly$u$an, let me and my Huawei be!
Another salty Huawei owner here. This whole thing reminded me of that panel they did a while back, and talked about how they don't want their content to be geoblocked. So they must not be too pleased if half of their audience can't watch. Wasn't anyone else willing to sponsor them with as much money... :roll:
You should never go to sleep on an argument.
phantastically-avg
sad dimple

Given how crappy the app apparently is with only moderate amounts of people on, I'd hope that they'd have a slightly modified version (that doesn't show us/hear us) so it's more like what we're used to. That'd decrease the strain on it considerably, and hopefully it'd fare better.

To be honest, if they haven't done some serious load testing to make sure the app can handle thousands of people on it, with whatever format they'll use for it, then their QA team need to get into a new line of work. I'm hoping, given the views they know they'll get, and the fact it'll be a weekly thing will mean they have accounted for this...but only time will tell.
sonicgreen
woodland creature

Some thoughts (that no one asked for) about Rize.

- They’re named “DanAndPhil” so that alone tells me they have no plans of using this for when/if they return to normal livestreams, since it is a joint account. (Tour #spon only)
- I’m going to try and rig my phone to my computer so maybe I could record from there??? I have nothing planned tomorrow so me and my jetlagged self will be fucking around with that all day.
- This will 100% crash and I’m tempted to open a betting pool on how long the stream will last.
- The app navigation/user-interface is dreadful, and if I wasn’t so desperate for content idk if I would even want to use it.

edited to add: god bless dan howell’s arms.
liola
rankussy

topdanhowellmemes wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:21 pm Given how crappy the app apparently is with only moderate amounts of people on, I'd hope that they'd have a slightly modified version (that doesn't show us/hear us) so it's more like what we're used to. That'd decrease the strain on it considerably, and hopefully it'd fare better.

To be honest, if they haven't done some serious load testing to make sure the app can handle thousands of people on it, with whatever format they'll use for it, then their QA team need to get into a new line of work. I'm hoping, given the views they know they'll get, and the fact it'll be a weekly thing will mean they have accounted for this...but only time will tell.
You..you have a lot of faith in them. And with them I mean everyone involved.

On one hand it'd be easy to hope the app sucks so they can back off it and give us content via younow or youtube like they used to. On the other, Rize is paying pretty pennies sponsoring the tour which very likely means if it does indeed suck like we're all expecting, then we're gonna have to suck it up and stick through an uncomfortable amount of laggy livestreams.

Not that I would have to go through the lag itself since my 700€ phone is apparently not good enough for Rize to support their damn app salt whomst idk her
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
sparkle
blobfish

sonicgreen wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:43 pm - This will 100% crash and I’m tempted to open a betting pool on how long the stream will last.
fuck it, I'm in.

I give it 3 minutes? Maybe with a hug o' death too to the servers?

though surely you now know how many people on average what their streams so they must have a ballpark figure here - at least 10k people if not more?

I would also like to suggest a game of IDB bingo for topics covered during the stream :tu: for example:
- when will Dan upload
- how many dead houseplant jokes can they make
- when will Dan upload
- what was their highlight of Europe
- when will Dan upload
- why is the app crashing
- has Dan forgotten his youtube login - if not WHEN WILL HE UPLOAD
don't waste your time
or time will waste you
ratlad
angel bean

@sparkle is your signature low-key calling dan's channel "dead" ?
is it supposed to be an mcr lyric
sugar
eclipse shirt
Pronouns: they/them

if they only do a pre-show tweet i give it two minutes before it crashes

if they tweet when they start/after it's started i give it a minute and a half :lol:

liveshow bingo:
-dan and phil visibly hating the app but not being able to say anything about it
- since only one chat shows up at a time and they have no way to get rid of that: dan and phil pointedly ignoring every question related to pride month
sparkle
blobfish

ratlad wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:59 pm @sparkle is your signature low-key calling dan's channel "dead" ?
I didnt read it that way until just this second omg thats unintentionally hilarious.

No, it wasn't - Dead! just happens to be one of my favourite My Chem songs (and thats like one of my favourite lyrics from Parade but nobody here wants my extended waffle on My Chemical Romance, why Gerard Way is an actual genius*, and why The Black Parade is one of the greatest albums of all time -but if you do I'll be happy to talk to you for literal hours - though I feel like a fake fan rn because it took me a year to realise that I have a tattoo that is an unintentional reference to the Danger Days era). And I really, really want new Dan content.

But I'm going to accept this read of Dan because its too fucking funny - Dans channel has gone the same way The Patient did :lol:

*brief waffle - I love Gerard but obviously I have equal love for all of the members - ESPECIALLY Ray - and I only single out Gerard because I relate to him as much, if not more, than I relate to Dan which is saying something.
don't waste your time
or time will waste you
phantastically-avg
sad dimple

liola wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:47 pm
topdanhowellmemes wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:21 pm To be honest, if they haven't done some serious load testing to make sure the app can handle thousands of people on it, with whatever format they'll use for it, then their QA team need to get into a new line of work. I'm hoping, given the views they know they'll get, and the fact it'll be a weekly thing will mean they have accounted for this...but only time will tell.
You..you have a lot of faith in them. And with them I mean everyone involved.
More just a hopeful optimism that other people in the same field of work as me would take their work seriously and make sure it can handle things - if for nothing else than I wouldn't want a tour spon ls crashing on my watch.

Saying that, I also know all too well how the higher-ups love to ignore developers and QA staff and assume everything will just magically work.

Truthfully I don't think it'll work well, and I fully expect it to crash, I'm just hoping it doesn't because I want content. :lol:
sparkle wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:51 pm
sonicgreen wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:43 pm - This will 100% crash and I’m tempted to open a betting pool on how long the stream will last.
fuck it, I'm in.

I give it 3 minutes? Maybe with a hug o' death too to the servers?
Add me to the list (even though it kind of contradicts what I wrote above)! I'm guessing it'll probably fall over before the ls even starts, because everyone will already be on the channel waiting (assuming it works that way like YouNow). If not, I give it 7 minutes. Starting off well and getting slowly worse until the whole thing crumbles.
animad
squish

Do you think they'll have to be live for a certain amount of time as part of the sponsor deal or just an amount of live shows? And if it's going to be as much of a shitshow as we expect, how many crashes do you think it'll take before they call it a day and say We Tried?
ratlad
angel bean

sparkle wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:07 pm
ratlad wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:59 pm @sparkle is your signature low-key calling dan's channel "dead" ?
I didnt read it that way until just this second omg thats unintentionally hilarious.

No, it wasn't - Dead! just happens to be one of my favourite My Chem songs (and thats like one of my favourite lyrics from Parade but nobody here wants my extended waffle on My Chemical Romance, why Gerard Way is an actual genius*, and why The Black Parade is one of the greatest albums of all time -but if you do I'll be happy to talk to you for literal hours - though I feel like a fake fan rn because it took me a year to realise that I have a tattoo that is an unintentional reference to the Danger Days era). And I really, really want new Dan content.

But I'm going to accept this read of Dan because its too fucking funny - Dans channel has gone the same way The Patient did :lol:

*brief waffle - I love Gerard but obviously I have equal love for all of the members - ESPECIALLY Ray - and I only single out Gerard because I relate to him as much, if not more, than I relate to Dan which is saying something.
i know this is a dnp forum, but i feel this in my body and wig.
i also share a name with ray
ANYWAY i am 100% here for your extended mcr waffles and im glad u enjoyed the joke
sonicgreen
woodland creature

sugar wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:03 pm if they only do a pre-show tweet i give it two minutes before it crashes

if they tweet when they start/after it's started i give it a minute and a half :lol:

liveshow bingo:
-dan and phil visibly hating the app but not being able to say anything about it
- since only one chat shows up at a time and they have no way to get rid of that: dan and phil pointedly ignoring every question related to pride month
sonicgreen
woodland creature

sugar wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:03 pm - since only one chat shows up at a time and they have no way to get rid of that: dan and phil pointedly ignoring every question related to pride month
I just got an anxious shAKE remembering this fatal flaw in the app. Oh, god...
How the hell is the randomized one-chat-at-a-time going to work with 10-15K people?? I’m already preparing for some uncomfortable moments. :shock:

edit: I accidentally hit submit and double posted! My apologies, I’m on mobile!
starwatersong
phabergé

Also, every time they avoid questions about the TBC shows...
sparkle
blobfish

ratlad wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:36 pm
i know this is a dnp forum, but i feel this in my body and wig.
i also share a name with ray
ANYWAY i am 100% here for your extended mcr waffles and im glad u enjoyed the joke
I am now very, very curious about what name you share with Ray :hmmm: i'm going to continue under a spoiler :lol:
just ugh I love MCR so much. Like honestly, I love all of them individually as people and the older i'm getting the more they mean to me because something that really resonated with 12-year-old me just clicks with 23-year-old me and ughhhh :love2:. I think i've gained a whole new appreciation for how brilliant The Black Parade is especially since I've been in my 20s. Like, my favourite album will always be Bullets for many reasons, but Parade is just genius. And then depth of story telling is something I appreciate more the older I am. And the artwork is gorgeous, I have a vinyl copy of it JUST so I can have the cover art on display.

If you think i'm bad about Phan then oh my god it has genuinely got NOTHING on the level of tin-hat I got to with frerard at one point, like it was a problem. I genuinely would rather know what happened in the summer of 2007 then to find out what happened between Dan and Phil in 2009-2010.

I'm going to stop here because otherwise I'll launch into an essay of how important Life on the Murder Scene was to me during high school (I used to watch it every sunday to psych me up for monday... I broke my DVD and bought a second copy....) and this is already wildly off topic.
AND ITS PAST MIDNIGHT SO YOU ALL KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS....

this post is your daily request from Sparkle :sparkle: for a new dinof video - preferably instead of Rize - this is what the people want Daniel Howell not an app that I'm genuinely expecting to go about as well as the easter meringues :fu:
don't waste your time
or time will waste you
SHITiveHITtheFANdom
butt chair

Thoughts:
Most likely Rize will crash in >10 minutes, but not before we are subjected to awful, cringe-y OmGPHaN!1 comments that will be loudly squaked over by houseplant and furry waffle from Dan while Phil awkwardly fixes his phantom fringe.
BUT I'm trying to be optimistic and I've downloaded the app despite my misgivings because get those boys that #tourspon cash - I may be living meal to meal but I only want the DipnDot to feast on the finest rump steak (cheekywink) and Haribo.

Irrelevant aside: I had a rather entertaining/ stressful dream featuring Dan and Phil that woke me up at 4:30 this morning oof. I blame late night unrelated storyline from the dream fanfic writing (which I'm attempting for the first time, wish me luck!)
There I was, enjoying an open air, small relaxed Harry Styles x Janelle Monae (which, irl please!) concert in Hampstead Heath, filming a couple clips on my phone when I back into someone, turning around to say sorry only to find it's Phil with Dan beside him! I stammer an apology (ha! Got to love it when my anxious selective mutism makes an appearance in dreamland) to which they chuckle and kindly brush off and I quickly scurry away after denying a selfie always good to know I'm just as awkward asleep as awake and studiously avoid their general vicinity during the rest of the concert. After the concert I get swept up in the crowd leaving and to my horror realize I'm right behind Dan and Phil and we're all headed the same direction. I don't want them to think I'm stalking them so I pop into an off license and randomly buy a tin of salmon (?) and a lion bar. I leave the shop, their gone from view, sigh in relief and continue my walk home. But no, I've no luck! Because I'm a notoriously fast walker and, when I turn the corner to my street, they're right ahead of me! I must squeak or something because Dan turns and I quickly exclaim that I'm really not trying to follow them, 'I live on this street and I'm just trying to get home, and I promise I'm not a stalker! I won't tell anyone where you live and oh god I need to move now don't I? I'm so sorry, I'll just be on my way. Ignore me and carry on!' Phil flaps his arms and tries to calm me down, bless him, and Dan makes some joke about how he's glad he's not the only stalker around here. I bid them goodnight, saluting them with the tin of salmon (I saw that eyebrow raise, Dan, don't judge me!) and about die of a heart attack when I finally manage to enter my flat.
You'd think this would be the end, but the dream continues and randomly jumps to some crazy ass thunder storm and all three of us are at some convention on the roof of a deserted school, so we seek shelter inside though all the windows are blown out and we have to help each other survive because apparently the lightning is killing people left and right, the school is on fire, and Dan and Phil have no concept of survival so I'm basically yelling at them the whole time and no don't touch the exposed, metal stairway are you crazy?! but they're both tall so that's useful because I'm not and we somehow scamper down the building, jumping level to level - sorry, Dan for crushing you a few times but it was really your fault for not knowing how to direct my footholds - and I think that we may just come out of this alive but then a very crispy zombie is suddenly reaching out from a doorway and both Dan and I both lose our shit (Phil is surprisingly level-headed and has been the most helpful of the two while we were tying bedsheets together to rappel down an elevator shaft) and then I woke up) So yeah, that was something.
edit: or not hide? Sorry for the wall of text, I'm on my phone!
Last edited by Catallena on Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed code
ratlad
angel bean

hey, i wonder if you can watch rize streams from the younow app?
cause i just went into my younow notification settings and it says "notify me when someone goes live on rize"
dunno, it probably will just ask you to download their app though :/
Stakhanov
haru pillow
Pronouns: he / him

It's really disappointing that the first time in months we're getting some live streaming, it's because they're sponsored by that shitty Rize app. The general lack of preparation and lack of content and now this kind of shows that they aren't to keen on keeping that connection with all their audience. If you can get to a show and if you're willing to throw your privacy to some shady app and have access to a phone and data, you get to enjoy what they do.
Otherwise, there's just not that much going on. It's sad because they are becoming less accessible and becoming ever more hyper commercialized and flat the way 'normal' celebrities are.
Finding my own inarticulate prose
Weirding out strangers and laughing at those
Jaundiced and jaded, postured and posed
Not that we’re special it’s just that we’re
Closing in on a place where we might get to be
Living real people regularly
lilabet
philussy
Pronouns: She/Her

Stakhanov wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:21 pm It's really disappointing that the first time in months we're getting some live streaming, it's because they're sponsored by that shitty Rize app. The general lack of preparation and lack of content and now this kind of shows that they aren't to keen on keeping that connection with all their audience. If you can get to a show and if you're willing to throw your privacy to some shady app and have access to a phone and data, you get to enjoy what they do.
Otherwise, there's just not that much going on. It's sad because they are becoming less accessible and becoming ever more hyper commercialized and flat the way 'normal' celebrities are.
I understand your frustration but they had to sponsor the tour if they wanted to reach the places they want to reach. If they had been sponsored by another type of company I think they would have done a normal stream by now but they can't because they have to use rize for a set period of time. In the end they had to make a choice.

On the upside (ignoring Dan) they have made regular videos and consistently kept us updated via stories. They could have not done that and released another book. I think they've actually balanced things quite well.
Phandom Gives
@phandomgives on social media. Check out the website for the latest information and current donation drive! <3