Dan & Phil Part 76: i can't i don't have legs

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

I’d forgotten the heavy petting bit. Glad they clarified it ;) I completely missed the orgasm denial. Crikey, guys, don’t worry about how far you educate your younger audience :roll:
animad
squish

liola wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:37 pm
One thing that's rubbing me wrong about this situation though is how quickly some people turned to think about the worst possible scenario that it was about the money of the show and how now everything they're doing is damage control. I know they're not new at damage control, but saying that Dan would never post that coffee insta story of Phil is imo just wrong (he's done it already, it's really not the first time Dan filmed Phil and his coffee during tour) or how some people on Twitter were talking about the video being rushed because of damage control. I don't think that's necessarily true, we knew they were gonna film a video in Sydney, they told us and showed us and that seems like a fairly quick video to edit, so I don't understand the need to jump on the worst possible explanation just to point out how bad they are.
I have nothing to add except to say that I very much second this. I think 'damage control' is one of those phrases that is over used in this fandom
dc34
glabella
Pronouns: she/her

The gaming video was good, but after overcooked -> sims -> google fued , this one wasn't as good as those 3. It was still entertaining tho.

I agree with @liola about the damage control thing. We knew they were filming a gaming video, so why are people saying its damage control beats me.

Also, during next live show can we all spam the comments with tbc/manila. I know people want to get noticed but honestly I don't trust them to address it properly if we don't demand it
autumnhearth
senpai

Catallena wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:42 pm The game is kinda shit, but I've been pretty thirsty for some content so long that it was a pretty good video anyway. The game goes too fast to really allow for some good banter that isn't just them being a couple of horny bastards. But thankfully them being horny bastards is entertaining in it's own right. :ribena:
Ditto about the fastness. I missed ‘orgasm denial’ as well and didn’t catch it in anyone’s timestamps. Any idea where/what the context was?
fieldoflovers
living flop

autumnhearth wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:30 pm
Catallena wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:42 pm The game is kinda shit, but I've been pretty thirsty for some content so long that it was a pretty good video anyway. The game goes too fast to really allow for some good banter that isn't just them being a couple of horny bastards. But thankfully them being horny bastards is entertaining in it's own right. :ribena:
Ditto about the fastness. I missed ‘orgasm denial’ as well and didn’t catch it in anyone’s timestamps. Any idea where/what the context was?
I did timestamps and also missed it? i have absolutely no idea where people heard that and I was pausing the video quite a lot.
itasca00
moon room
Pronouns: He/Him/His

[6:11] It's after Phil prevents the person from sneezing. I also missed this when I watched the video.
You're being beamed up by aggressive aliens and they're plugging in the anal probe
"Oh, God. Okay. I say: *shrug* [...] I'd be like, 'I don't know how this works. Put a condom on that thing. *shrug*'"
Dan Howell, 5/10/18 Try new things..?
pastelspectre
stress mushroom
Pronouns: he/him

this video was a wild ride. that's all i can say at this point.
:transheart:
sonicgreen
woodland creature

itasca00 wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:39 pm
[6:11] It's after Phil prevents the person from sneezing. I also missed this when I watched the video.
Phil then goes on to say, "apparently its 8 sneezes in a row is the same pressure [as an orgasm]"... they are wild these days
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

I think what happened is that the orgasm denial = not sneezing when you need to is a thing Dan knew Phil would get (bc they clearly already were on the same wavelength with it) but Phil knew the audience would have no context so he explained without overly explaining.
LurkingTrash
woodland creature
Pronouns: She/Her

alittledizzy wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:11 pm I think what happened is that the orgasm denial = not sneezing when you need to is a thing Dan knew Phil would get (bc they clearly already were on the same wavelength with it) but Phil knew the audience would have no context so he explained without overly explaining.
oh wow, my poor innocent mind didn't register what Dan said and concluded that Phil was talking about how 8 sneezes in a row is the same pressure as holding in a sneeze...... :facepalm2:
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

I actually missed the orgasm denial thing the first time as well, but I decided to watch a second time simply because I got so overwhelmed with the pace of everything. I'm glad I did :lol:
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
ratlad
angel bean

i didn't understand what 'heavy petting' meant so i was confused when they said it in the new vid, so i just googled "what is heavy petting" and now i am informed.
:bedtime:
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
Ablissa
pastel persona

I find it funny how they are educating their (in some cases very young) audience about the meaning of orgasm denial, heavy and light petting, etc. :D I mean, I'm good, I'm their age and I love this kind of humor from them, I just find this really amusing tbh.

I just caught on to their chalet holiday thing and I'm now waiting for it to happen. Fun fact - the first meaning for the word chalet I could think of is "toilet" (szalet in polish, although it's not a very common word) so I wondered wtf is wrong with them this time. I had no idea there were a few meanings to that word.
Ablissa
pastel persona

I guess I'm double posting but it's been a few hours during which I already managed to go to sleep and wake up after like 3 hours, so... doesn't count. :D

Cute instastory from Phil (there were two from Dan with some bath bomb but I'm not posting that because it's not that interesting) Still zero tweets or tweet replies in regards to Manila. I really, really hope they'll get to it tomorrow.

Another thing is I just checked their gaming channel and the last video to break 1 mil was 3 months ago! This bothers me more than it should.
Phantasy
woodland creature

Ablissa wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:08 am Another thing is I just checked their gaming channel and the last video to break 1 mil was 3 months ago! This bothers me more than it should.
I wouldn’t sweat it too much... the gaming channel is still pulling in more than 7M monthly views—that’s more than 2x what their individual channels combined are pulling.
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Oh, Phil “that was you” really? Hmm.
ratlad
angel bean

it's cause they always cross their arms over each other when they sign things! also, do they not know that there are ways to get sharpie stains out of clothes?
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
Phantasy
woodland creature

This. Is. Everything...
(from PJ’s insta story)
kavat
pastel persona

Phantasy wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:37 am This. Is. Everything...
(from PJ’s insta story)
This is the best and worst thing I've ever seen
dancy
procrastinator

More information regarding Manila has been provided on danandphiltour.com! It's a good thing they've done so but I hope one of them will tweet about it so more people will be aware of it. Not entirely sure how meeting them twice in one session would work though...

Stakhanov
haru pillow
Pronouns: he / him

Just gonna drop what I was putting in chat about the Manila shows. It's good they aren't waiting till tuesday, and yes I hope they both (yes you too Dan!) tweet and instagram and generally communicate it in every way they can.

So ... it's not the venue that's at fault

Sounds like their production company or whoever brings the decors over slipped up.
That just happens at times. I think they are trying to make good how they can here.
It's impossible to say with this limited information if what happened with 'logistics' and or 'customs' is something they could have reasonably foreseen or not.
But at least we can rule out some other possible motivations now

idk it's ugly I feel bad for all the people in the Philippines or who knows how far some people flew in to see them and who now have a extra expenses or possibly can't even see them.
But honest mistakes can just happen. Idr know much about moving sets for a show, but I do wonder why it's so hard to move a set in more than a week... :thinking_face:
you would think that their set could be broken up in manageable chunks that can get airtransported ...
idk. It's good that they offer refunds if you don't agree with the reseating and will do a double vip meet and greet though
I feel that shows that Dan and Phil themselves are doing what they can (and i expect no less from the people who work with them and who may have made mistakes here- if they are responsible for the delay in the first place)
Finding my own inarticulate prose
Weirding out strangers and laughing at those
Jaundiced and jaded, postured and posed
Not that we’re special it’s just that we’re
Closing in on a place where we might get to be
Living real people regularly
Ablissa
pastel persona

I'm confused as to what is really holding them back.
During my show in Poland, they had NONE of their set, not even the wheel - they had three rolls of paper that Dan drew on. I think it was the same in Russia?
Perhaps they are missing the piano and other vital elements of the show?
Either way, this sucks for everyone involved. I'm sure dnp would rather perform a show without the set than to cancel it entirely, so I still don't blame them personally.
liola
rankussy

I'm assuming there's more to it than they said there. Italy is a bitch when it comes to custom, it's why many acts don't come here and when they do they complain about how hard burocracy can be. I'm assuming Manila isn't that easy either and moving sets is harder than one could think.

I honestly don't know what else they could do or say in this situation, I hope the people that bought tickets will get emails because information via tweet/website will not reach everyone the same, but at this point I'm just gonna say: it happens. It's why when buying tickets they offer you insurance, it's never 100% until the show is happening (and even then, not really. Bono Vox cancelled mid performance, poor guy)
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
phantastically-avg
sad dimple

Someone’s ears must have been burning. Dan’s just posted an insta story about an FAQ about the Manila situation.

ETA:
Why was the show moved?
We want to bring as much of the usual Interactive Introverts show to Manila as possible, however due to customs and freighting with the size of the equipment we had to make changes from when we first set our Manila dates. We couldn't logistically bring enough of our kit from Australia to Manila in time to do a great show on the 12th. So instead we decided to combine both shows to the evening of the 13th where we will be able to put on an amazing show as usual.

When will I find out where I'm seated?
The venue will have their links above live by September 4th to show seating allocations and offer refunds.

Will I still be sat with my group?
Yes any tickets booked together for the 12th will be allocated seats together on the 13th.

Will my seats be as good after reallocation?
Yes, seats are always held back in venues for situations such as this so you will be sat as close to your original tickets as possible - such as all VIPs being in the Orchestra area. If you are unhappy with your reallocation you can get a refund.

What if I got tickets to both shows?
You can refund your ticket for the September 12th show, if you had VIP for both shows you can choose to either meet Dan and Phil twice on the 13th and get two merch bags or get a refund for your 12th September ticket and just see them once and get one bag.
I have to say, while I appropriate them telling us the reasons why, I think if I'd booked I'd have preferred a stripped down show, rather than having to change travel plans, have a more rushed M&G, have a worse seat etc.
hello9217
flower crown