Dan & Phil Part 77: getting that d........vitamin

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
Andy
squish
Pronouns: she/her

Wow, been a long time since the last time i tried to watch them live
Aaand they finished just as i got there :rofl:
snokoplasmic
procrastinator

I would willingly give up Halloween Baking for Christmas Baking, I've wanted it since last year! Think of all the softness that would come with Christmas Baking :love2:
lesterchuu
philussy
Pronouns: he/she/they

ratlad wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:50 pm POSSIBLE CHRISTMAS BAKING YOU GUYS, DIDN'T WE TALK ABOUT THIS BEFORE?!
also, not sure if i heard wrong but...
chat: do you miss being on tour?
phil: i miss having my own bed
(something along those lines) ??? did anyone else catch that ? am i hearing things?
yes im pretty sure he said that word for word, but im not really too bothered by it. ive put all the bed discourse to rest in my book now, besides i just took it as "my own bed" meaning not a hotel/bus bed
"you are next to me in my life"
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

That was sweet, good to see them again so soon, though they seemed lower energy than they’ve been on Rize, not sure if it’s cos they’re not covered in emojis or cos they’re tired from editing 8 hours a day (why do people squeeze things in, no one can ever take time to not pack it in, overdo it and be stressed). It feels like they might not do solo liveshows again, though obviously I don’t know. Dan doesn’t get so deep when it’s both of them so it’d be nice if he does.

I’m glad Christmas baking might be a thing. Dan was sweet at the end there and a few other times, it’s funny how they still end it in their own way talking over each other.
chatterbox
tol bean

yay! i'd forgotten how much fun it is to watch live shows live! that was really nice. and i'm so glad they said they're actually doing spooky week, i thought maybe they wouldn't this year. and christmas baking!!!
glitterintheair
phillluminati

My only contribution to the liveshow commentary is that I need them to do Christmas Baking that involves them making their own mince pies so they can compare them to all the other ones in their Mince Pies Codex, please and thank you.
I'm a winter flower underground, always thirsty for summer rain.
Ataraxia25
flower crown
Pronouns: they/them

i want christmas baking more than anything
it was nice, dan was so soft
i froze when he said 'i love you but i'm hungry' and again when he said 'we love all of you' (something like that)
:gayaf:
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

ame wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:53 pm
ratlad wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:50 pm POSSIBLE CHRISTMAS BAKING YOU GUYS, DIDN'T WE TALK ABOUT THIS BEFORE?!
(something along those lines) ??? did anyone else catch that ? am i hearing things?
yes im pretty sure he said that word for word, but im not really too bothered by it. ive put all the bed discourse to rest in my book now, besides i just took it as "my own bed" meaning not a hotel/bus bed
i just checked, he says: "i've enjoyed having my own bed for a while"
which sounds like, warning, not safe for an anti's eyes:
now he's back to sharing a bed at home, but on tour he had his own personal bed? maybe? or you could be right. either way it isn't an anti argument bc it can be taken different ways.
but that's just how i took it.
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
Ataraxia25
flower crown

ratlad wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:14 pm
ame wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:53 pm
i just checked, he says: "i've enjoyed having my own bed for a while"
which sounds like, warning, not safe for an anti's eyes:
now he's back to sharing a bed at home
but that's just how i took it.
honestly that's what it means for me too, don't really see how it could be something else tbh (sorry antis and other non believers)
autumnhearth
senpai

I think he meant the he had missed his own bed while on tour, like the one at home, or has enjoyed sleeping in it since he’s been back. I don’t know why I get more bummed about them not having a meal or two together than not potentially sharing a bed. Even though I logically know they were probably on different schedules in India, because of Dan’s raid. Like sharing room service somehow became sacred to me. I’m being silly.
phantastically-avg
sad dimple

knq wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 3:17 pm
phantastically-avg wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:54 pm
LadyLackless wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:29 pm I have nothing to add to the discussion, I just love that #twoflats is the accepted truth around here now :lol:
LOL, I actually have a series of posts ready to drop on my tumblr laying all this out and why they have two. I've got floorplans I've drawn for all of the filming flat (based on their videos and backed up with screencaps/photos) and timestamped, and how it all fits together based on what we know. I'm hoping to do the same for the upstairs apartment, but I got a little lazy and haven't got round to it. Also, I'm still trying to decide if it goes past interesting and on to creepy!

But for your ref, here's a cut down part of the floorplan with glass door room, slounge, kitchen:

ETA: Oh great, my obsessiveness at the top of the page. Wonderful.
Well that's one more tumblr I have open in a tab! I'm building their flat in the Sims so sign me up. :tu: Honestly I love flat layout theories. It helps that parts of their flat(s) are just baffling. Like, why the shit does the moon room have two types of curtains? And more importantly why are they both so ugly?
Does it have two curtain types? If so, do you know when we see that? That room is going to be a pain to draw, so any help there would come in handy!

Since there looks to be interest in this I've decided to start posting what I've made so far over on my Tumblr now (probably 1 or 2 rooms a day). As I mentioned before, I've only made posts for the filming flat so far, but hopefully this will motivate me to finish the other posts off too. :)

You can find the masterlist which will be updated as I post the rooms here and the first room I've posted here (also embedded under the cut). I started off with the Gaming Channel room, since that's the first one I made, even though we know the layout pretty much. Apologies for my terrible art/floorplan skills.
Also Christmas Baking? Sign me up! Add me to the list of people who want mince pies being made (and compared to the codex).
Last edited by phantastically-avg on Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Amiaw
interactive introvert

I didn't think Phil meant anything regarding the bed comment because I always say the same thing when I've been away from home. I think that instead of worrying about something they said that's vague in a live show i'm going to pay attention to their behavior - the bickering, the joint storytelling, the general cuteness. Even with their talk of "Dan's plants" and "Phil's plants" they immediately would start talking about them as shared things again. Also, Phil wanting to listen to Brockhampton is cute - he's really trying hard to share all of Dan's interests.
ratlad
angel bean

nah i wasn't trying to make drama or an argument out of it, it doesn't worry me or anything at all. the wording just confused me and opened my demon eye for a moment there.
Amiaw
interactive introvert

ratlad wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:14 pm nah i wasn't trying to make drama or an argument out of it, it doesn't worry me or anything at all. the wording just confused me and opened my demon eye for a moment there.
I'm sorry if I worded my comment in a way that made it sound like I was being critical - I love your posts and I'm always up for the demon viewpoint. I was just commenting on what my thoughts were. In any case it was a lovely live show and I'm very happy they are still delivering content. It almost makes me feel bad for how I felt about them at the beginning of the year
ratlad
angel bean

Amiaw wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:19 pm
ratlad wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:14 pm nah i wasn't trying to make drama or an argument out of it, it doesn't worry me or anything at all. the wording just confused me and opened my demon eye for a moment there.
I'm sorry if I worded my comment in a way that made it sound like I was being critical - I love your posts and I'm always up for the demon viewpoint. I was just commenting on what my thoughts were. In any case it was a lovely live show and I'm very happy they are still delivering content. It almost makes me feel bad for how I felt about them at the beginning of the year
nono ur fine!!! ur great!!! <3
it was a cute as hell ls,, they were very giggly and smiley !
why would you feel bad for how you felt compared to now? if you don't mind me asking :–0
Amiaw
interactive introvert

ratlad wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:34 pm
Amiaw wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:19 pm
nono ur fine!!! ur great!!! <3
it was a cute as hell ls,, they were very giggly and smiley !
why would you feel bad for how you felt compared to now? if you don't mind me asking :–0
I just meant that I was really irritated with their silence and the lack of content/content we were getting and I was kind of sick of the tour before it even began because of how disconnected they seemed. But now that tour is mostly over and they are still engaging with everyone I just think I could have probably been a little more patient and given them the benefit of the doubt since they have been delivering so well since April
Ataraxia25
flower crown

phantastically-avg wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:26 pm
knq wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 3:17 pm
phantastically-avg wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:54 pm
LadyLackless wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:29 pm I have nothing to add to the discussion, I just love that #twoflats is the accepted truth around here now :lol:
LOL, I actually have a series of posts ready to drop on my tumblr laying all this out and why they have two. I've got floorplans I've drawn for all of the filming flat (based on their videos and backed up with screencaps/photos) and timestamped, and how it all fits together based on what we know. I'm hoping to do the same for the upstairs apartment, but I got a little lazy and haven't got round to it. Also, I'm still trying to decide if it goes past interesting and on to creepy!

But for your ref, here's a cut down part of the floorplan with glass door room, slounge, kitchen:

ETA: Oh great, my obsessiveness at the top of the page. Wonderful.
Well that's one more tumblr I have open in a tab! I'm building their flat in the Sims so sign me up. :tu: Honestly I love flat layout theories. It helps that parts of their flat(s) are just baffling. Like, why the shit does the moon room have two types of curtains? And more importantly why are they both so ugly?
Does it have two curtain types? If so, do you know when we see that? That room is going to be a pain to draw, so any help there would come in handy!

Since there looks to be interest in this I've decided to start posting what I've made so far over on my Tumblr now (probably 1 or 2 rooms a day). As I mentioned before, I've only made posts for the filming flat so far, but hopefully this will motivate me to finish the other posts off too. :)

You can find the masterlist which will be updated as I post the rooms here and the first room I've posted here (also embedded under the cut). I started off with the Gaming Channel room, since that's the first one I made, even though we know the layout pretty much. Apologies for my terrible art/floorplan skills.
Also Christmas Baking? Sign me up! Add me to the list of people who want mince pies being made (and compared to the codex).
thank you SO MUCH for this! i find it so hard to visualise and understand the whole set up of the flats and what you've done is precise and clear and i'm forever grateful!
itasca00
moon room
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Before today, I never really realized the lengths to which I was willing to go to watch a liveshow live... Personal story time under the spoiler:
Picture it: I was talking on the phone while driving to the airport. Generally speaking, I’m against looking at your phone while driving, but I happened to see that Phil had tweeted about a liveshow as I was hanging up. I realized that I was going to arrive basically as the liveshow was starting...not so ideal as I was scheduled to arrive about a half hour before my flight took off. Foolishly, since Phil had sent the original tweet, I believed that the liveshow was happening on his account, so I had his YouNow profile up as I was pulling into the airport parking lot. Dan tweeted as I was walking into the airport, and I couldn’t understand why I wasn’t getting the video. I kept refreshing as I walked up to security, but there was nothing.

I got through security as quickly as I ccould, and I finally had the presence of mind to check the home page of YouNow. Sure enough, the stream was there, and it turned out it was on Dan’s account. :roll: I watched the stream as I walked to my gate, and I waited until the last possible moment to board, thinking I’d lose reception once I got on the plane. Thankfully, I didn’t, and Dan and Phil said goodbye about two minutes before the flight attendant said we had to switch our mobile devices to airplane mode. I’ve landed now, and it looks like I only missed the first six minutes of the show, so, all in all, I guess it worked out pretty well. :D
Long story short: I wasn’t able to take notes during the liveshow for timestamps like I usually do, but I plan to do that tomorrow morning. I definitely saw some things worth highlighting!
You're being beamed up by aggressive aliens and they're plugging in the anal probe
"Oh, God. Okay. I say: *shrug* [...] I'd be like, 'I don't know how this works. Put a condom on that thing. *shrug*'"
Dan Howell, 5/10/18 Try new things..?
knq
lava lamp

phantastically-avg wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:26 pm Does it have two curtain types? If so, do you know when we see that? That room is going to be a pain to draw, so any help there would come in handy!

It does and it's terrible. I mean, I assume the curtains came with the flat, but still. The easiest screenshots were from Daniel and Depression but you can see more of the large, pleated curtain on the right in some of Dan's liveshows.
And because we were talking about it the other day, Daniel and Depression also has one of the few shots of the armchair (and the shelf with the "Dandle") beside the window in the lounge.
I'm excited by your tumblr post! I love that you've drawn their little furniture. :love1:

As the liveshow isn't on Dan's side channel (yet?) I've just pulled it from tumblr and flipped it for youtube so their fringe(s) go the right way
Ablissa
pastel persona

I just saw this on twitter:
I think these are the premiums they declined. I'm feeling stupidly sad that they are now 100% aware they won against bots - they looked so happy in that video :( Also, I'm curious now about why Dan wanted that to go through and Phil didn't.
knq
lava lamp

Ablissa wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:02 pm I just saw this on twitter:
I think these are the premiums they declined. I'm feeling stupidly sad that they are now 100% aware they won against bots - they looked so happy in that video :(
I THOUGHT WE ALL AGREED NOT TO TALK ABOUT IT THIS IS WHY WE CAN'T HAVE NICE THINGS JANICE

But for real one of a few reasons I'm uncomfortable watching the last video is how happy they are. Which is the weirdest reason not to watch something, but I over-identify and get weird about it. It's just a game and they're still happy so who cares? Me I care I always care how do I stop caring
lesterchuu
philussy
Pronouns: he/she/they

itasca00 wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:58 pm Before today, I never really realized the lengths to which I was willing to go to watch a liveshow live... Personal story time under the spoiler:
Picture it: I was talking on the phone while driving to the airport. Generally speaking, I’m against looking at your phone while driving, but I happened to see that Phil had tweeted about a liveshow as I was hanging up. I realized that I was going to arrive basically as the liveshow was starting...not so ideal as I was scheduled to arrive about a half hour before my flight took off. Foolishly, since Phil had sent the original tweet, I believed that the liveshow was happening on his account, so I had his YouNow profile up as I was pulling into the airport parking lot. Dan tweeted as I was walking into the airport, and I couldn’t understand why I wasn’t getting the video. I kept refreshing as I walked up to security, but there was nothing.

I got through security as quickly as I ccould, and I finally had the presence of mind to check the home page of YouNow. Sure enough, the stream was there, and it turned out it was on Dan’s account. :roll: I watched the stream as I walked to my gate, and I waited until the last possible moment to board, thinking I’d lose reception once I got on the plane. Thankfully, I didn’t, and Dan and Phil said goodbye about two minutes before the flight attendant said we had to switch our mobile devices to airplane mode. I’ve landed now, and it looks like I only missed the first six minutes of the show, so, all in all, I guess it worked out pretty well. :D
Long story short: I wasn’t able to take notes during the liveshow for timestamps like I usually do, but I plan to do that tomorrow morning. I definitely saw some things worth highlighting!
oh gosh that was quite an airport rush scene lol :lol:
tbh same, i was halfway on my break and i kept refreshing but it was alreayd 5 minutes past the time phil said theyd do it so i was internally going like "oh well i guess i wont be able to watch it then" but i was thankfully wrong
I think these are the premiums they declined. I'm feeling stupidly sad that they are now 100% aware they won against bots - they looked so happy in that video :( Also, I'm curious now about why Dan wanted that to go through and Phil didn't.
also, to quote @knq "this is why we cant have nice things" to the pubg comment. let them be happy jeez...but also im laugh ing cz i cant help but think dan feeling overprotective over his man like "the only tiddies hes allowed to see is mine so shooo go away" cough ok bye

im sur e his reasoning was something more wholesome like theres kids watching or something ...yeah...
"you are next to me in my life"
greenergrass
stress mushroom

oh they won against bots? did we know this? was this a discussion on here? I've mostly been skimming the chat lately because I haven't had time to fully read (or participate much :( I rarely have anything new to add by the time I get the chance), but I don't think I missed a whole discussion on this. Or did I?? I think I would have rather been kept in the dark about this fact lol they were so happy with their win.

Anyways, the live show was good. Not the most exciting, but still a solid one. I think my favourite part might have been Dan telling Phil he wouldn't like the music he was saying was good. I mean, yeah, slightly pretentious Dan and all, but I liked the familiarity of it, Dan being all 'I know you really well Phil and I know this music wouldn't be your thing'. But I also loved Phil's playful combativeness, like 'oh how do you know I wouldn't like this, maybe I would, you don't know'.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

whatdoiknow wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:23 am
oh they won against bots? did we know this? was this a discussion on here? I've mostly been skimming the chat lately because I haven't had time to fully read (or participate much :( I rarely have anything new to add by the time I get the chance), but I don't think I missed a whole discussion on this. Or did I?? I think I would have rather been kept in the dark about this fact lol they were so happy with their win.

Anyways, the live show was good. Not the most exciting, but still a solid one. I think my favourite part might have been Dan telling Phil he wouldn't like the music he was saying was good. I mean, yeah, slightly pretentious Dan and all, but I liked the familiarity of it, Dan being all 'I know you really well Phil and I know this music wouldn't be your thing'. But I also loved Phil's playful combativeness, like 'oh how do you know I wouldn't like this, maybe I would, you don't know'.
Yeah, the way pubg mobile works is that newbie players are started out against bots so they can get a feel for the game and feel encouraged/motivated to keep playing. It's definitely not a guarantee that every new player will win, but I think it's pretty much guaranteed you'll go further. As you level up the game gradually introduces more and more real players to replace the bots until you're at a skill level where you're matched with other real players.

Apparently a lot of people don't know this when they start playing and get mad that their victory isn't... well, it's real, it's just not quite as illustrious as it might feel.
Foofie
smol bean

Is anyone else curious why Phil didn't want to talk about them giving stuff to charity? He said something along the lines of "We've given so much stuff to charity this week because..no we wont talk about that." Is it cause he thinks it would be boring for the viewers to hear about? Or possibly he figures it would cause people to think they are moving soon. That's where my head went straight away lol. I don't know and I wanna :garbage: Darn you Phil lol.