Dan & Phil Part 57: Pinky and the Brain

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
secretagentphan
procrastinator

That video was so fucking cute! Honestly I know Louise has done shitty stuff lately but I’m not too informed on it so I still find her really funny and love her and Deppy’s relationship (Dan especially has great chemisty with her). I have baby fever wicked bad but boy did this video cure most of it.. :lol: I also enjoyed the lack of “fyi I like vagina” (even writing this makes me in awe of how much times have changed) in this video. I got so emotional when she said they’d be great Dads because that is sooo true. It just gave such “my friends who are in a gay relationship and don’t understand female biology because it’s been awhile” vibes and that in itself was hilarious. Idk I really enjoyed it overall 10/10

Also Dan not even wanting to say vagina :roll: :lol:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie
Pronouns: she/her

secretagentphan wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:49 pmAlso Dan not even wanting to say vagina :roll: :lol:
Actually so glad Louise called him right out on that. I'm definitely meh on her in general but she was enjoyable in the video and I actually wanted to cheer with that particular correction.
dancy
procrastinator

Surprisingly I hardly cringed during the video even though I normally experience secondhand embarrassment fairly easily. To be fair, I didn't know most of the terms either :oops:

Also, am I the only one who couldn't take their eyes off Phil? Those striking blue eyes and the black T-shirt...I thought he looked exceptionally gorgeous!
sprikkitty
smol bean

It was a really cute video!! I usually dislike pregnancy talk but I guess when dnp are involved it's okay. :lol: It was so cute to watch dnp try to guess these terms and I just about laughed my ass off when placenta was the second word mentioned. Phil's weird guesses were literally the cutest and Dan not being able to say vagina just makes me laugh even more :yippee:

also i'm giggling :garbage: louise said "next time you have a pregnant friend" and didn't hint to future wives or anything aaaaa
tigertatze
living flop

“Cause I never stopped being amazing” loving the sass, Phil

I knew Dan used to have a placenta thing but I did not expect him to actually know anything about it lol :-P

Sorry, Dan, but you will never convince me you’d stay calm on any level if you were to ever witness childbirth :rofl:

Anyway, I loved them in this vid despite the slight cringe about their absolute lack of knowledge on anything and reiterating what some of you said the lack of :2012: had me :garbage: as well
Very cute and wholesome vibe :tu:
#nohetero
SneakyLizard
butt chair

Catallena wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:28 pm I'm waiting a bit with the Louise video to figure out by the hand of reviews here and on Twitter how badly it'll trigger tokophobia
I was thinking about you while watching it -- I don't know how severe yours is, but my sister has what I'd probably class as moderate tokophobia, and would be uncomfortable watching the video. I don't think it would affect her to the point of tears or lasting discomfort though, just squirming and possibly needing to not watch the whole thing at once. It's not super graphic and they don't go in for any kind of shock factor, just carefully framed facts.

I wanted to be a midwife at one point though, so my perspective is quite different and I have an interest here already and no triggers to worry about... Maybe wait till some kind soul does timestamps and then decide if it's something you feel comfortable watching :)

My feelings aside from that : It was a good video and I found it very funny. I appreciated how engaged the boys were, and that Louise encouraged them to not shy away from the word "vagina" and all associated technical terms. Dan and Phil interacting/reacting both in relation to each other and to an "outside" person is always great to watch, especially when they are out of their depth and a little off guard, and Dan is so pretty and blush-y and surprisingly at ease (and I think would be a great doula with the right training.) Phil uses his lovely low voice and is both interested and totally unembarrassed. He's not phased by any of the conversation and that fascinates me. As someone mentioned his eyes look electric blue, super intense. I don't know if it's the shirt or the lighting or what, but he's gorgeous. Good stuff. :tu:
we walk among you
obscureDnPreference
procrastinator
Pronouns: she/her/hers

I really enjoyed that! Their chemistry with Louise was great and it was just the right about of funny and awkward. I was impressed by their knowledge. I don't think many of the men I know could do that well.

TBH, I, a 22-year-old woman with a niece and nephew and a sister who is an obstetrician, didn't know several of the terms. I will blame it on my Catholic education and its refusal to acknowledge sexuality other than to condemn premarital sex and homosexuality.
"This is not children's television. I'm 26, I'm depressed, and I need edgy jokes to cope with my anxiety."
Daniel Howell, 10/30/17
SquishPhan
capita£ester

That was an enjoyable video. I thought they were all pretty cute in it, but it didn't really make me laugh and I don't see myself rewatching it. Still it was a nice collab.
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

fancy_nancy wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:09 pm
Deppy's face when hearing what an episiotomy is, is the best thing I have ever seen :rofl:
Being in the medical professional I love this so much, I am just about to watch the video so will come back with my opinion after but this photo reminded me of a funny personal story.
my boyfriend was watching One Born Every Minute (a programme in the UK about childbirth) with me one day and the doctor pulled out a pair of scissors to do the episiotomy and he turned to me whilst looking pale (and with the same expression as dan in that photo) and said "we have some of those scissors in our kitchen drawer" haha! (i am not a midwife and can confirm the scissors weren't used for anything of that sort in case you were wondering :lol: )
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

SneakyLizard wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:23 pm
Catallena wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:28 pm I'm waiting a bit with the Louise video to figure out by the hand of reviews here and on Twitter how badly it'll trigger tokophobia
I was thinking about you while watching it -- I don't know how severe yours is, but my sister has what I'd probably class as moderate tokophobia, and would be uncomfortable watching the video. I don't think it would affect her to the point of tears or lasting discomfort though, just squirming and possibly needing to not watch the whole thing at once. It's not super graphic and they don't go in for any kind of shock factor, just carefully framed facts.

I wanted to be a midwife at one point though, so my perspective is quite different and I have an interest here already and no triggers to worry about... Maybe wait till some kind soul does timestamps and then decide if it's something you feel comfortable watching :)
Thank you for thinking of me omg. Lovely @liola put some advice on what she thought could probably be triggering in a private message and with that I was able to watch the video in small parts with breaks. I was uncomfortable throughout most of it, but there were thankfully no pictures of which really helped. Plus I was quite distracted by Depz and their answers.. why are men like this :')

Louise didn't even annoy me that much, she was actually behaving maturely for once. :thumb:
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
kuensukki
janice from the shop

Phil's first reaction to Louise giving birth being "to put a towel down" to protect their house is all I'll be thinking about :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :stan: :stan: :stan: :stan: . I actually loved the video and how effortlessly calm and funny phil was in it. Also he looked so good in that lighting :philtrash: :philtrash:. Dan trying to make everything sexual and louise calling him out for it was gold. Also when dan said babe, phil looked over hesitantly then looked at camera *nothing to see here*. Louise dragging phils vagina knowledge, or lack thereof, was hilarious.

Again agree with Catallena's words about everything, and the person who said that them choosing to continue being friends with felix is comparable to an abusive relationship, please dont hurt yourself with all that reaching :thumb:
DatCog
blobfish

Re. Louise video: does it bother anyone else that the footage doesn't seem to be properly centred on the 3 of them...or is it just me? :hmmm: :confused:

Re. episiotomies
I totally guessed Louise would talk to them about episiotomies ha ha - I remember being told about the procedure when I was pregnant and it absolutely terrified me! Unfortunately I had to have one, although I had an epidural so didn't feel a thing. It was v uncomfortable afterwards but it healed quickly...didn't want to have another baby for 5 years though :shock: :)
citizen_erased
truth bomb

DatCog wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:07 pm Re. Louise video: does it bother anyone else that the footage doesn't seem to be properly centred on the 3 of them...or is it just me? :hmmm: :confused:

Re. episiotomies
I totally guessed Louise would talk to them about episiotomies ha ha - I remember being told about the procedure when I was pregnant and it absolutely terrified me! Unfortunately I had to have one, although I had an epidural so didn't feel a thing. It was v uncomfortable afterwards but it healed quickly...didn't want to have another baby for 5 years though :shock: :)
I was wondering about that too, on my screen at least it looked like Dan was slightly out of focus? I agree it wasn't centered very well.

Ah well. If anything, this video reminded me once more of the fact that I do not want children, thank you very much. Also, I'm perfectly willing to admit this: as a 27-year old woman with a nephew and 2 nieces, I knew only a couple of these words. Partially because there were one or two words I didn't know in English specifically and knew once they were explained, but mostly because I'd just never heard of them to begin with. Can you tell I tend to space out the moment someone starts talking about pregnancies? :lol:

Still, an alright video, I love some of their ideas, loved the complete lack of "no homo" and "(future) girlfriend" talk.
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

DatCog wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:07 pm Re. Louise video: does it bother anyone else that the footage doesn't seem to be properly centred on the 3 of them...or is it just me? :hmmm: :confused:
Not just you, have just started watching it and paused it to come here to complain about how off camera Dan is. Didn't they check the position before they started filming.

Also:
dan: fundal height being a sex act = the best bit so far.
malday
emo goose

Their faces during the episiotomy definitely was the highlight of the video, and that cheeky glance they gave each other when Louise asked if there is anything else they have to promote.
I wonder why she didn't stick to her original plan to put the video out on Friday, she could have linked their party game in the description.
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

I actually really enjoyed that video, I wasn't sure I would as I've found Louise's content kinda boring lately but I love their chemistry with her. I'll admit (don't come for me) that I think I would have preferred the video just with Dan as I kinda got a bit bored with Phil coming out with wacky and random comments - such as the "i touched the babys eyebrows" and "can't you just put duct tape there". Maybe he feels like he has to be overly funny as Dan and Louise seem to have a closer relationship, he also tends to do a lot of awkward laughing and "yeah" "uh" and "ooh" and repeating what the other two have said through the video.

Also, why did Dan refer to a vagina as a "rude area", made me laugh a little like he felt he couldn't use the word. And their explanation of what a mucus plug was made me laugh so much!
jaej
moon room
Pronouns: he/they/idm

a few words here alone are making me feel kind of spewy so i'm going to stick to my initial plan and just skip this video altogether :ribena:
i'll just stick to commenting on the thumbnail - dan's hair is pretty like a cloud
my name is jaejmine masters and i have something to say. dan and phil have fucked up japan :japhan:
phil lester threw the first brick at stonewall, we love a queer icon :biflag:
mm_sunny1993
spork

I really enjoyed that video and I've already rewatched it. I don't like pregnancy-talk but I was surprised that I knew most of the terms. Probably due to my random wikipedia sessions. But still their answers were funny and I enjoyed the chemistry between them. I always like their collabs :)

And they all looked so good, honestly. I love Louise's hair color, it suits her well. And Phil's eyes and Dan's hair :loveeyes: <3
thatdanandphilguy
dank meme

kuensukki wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:56 pm Again agree with Catallena's words about everything, and the person who said that them choosing to continue being friends with felix is comparable to an abusive relationship, please dont hurt yourself with all that reaching :thumb:
I just wanted to comment once to clear up that I wasn't really comparing the two things, what I was trying to say is more like: Awful shit happens to people that affects them on personal level, they still don't cut the person off. So I find it hard to believe that when someone is an asshole and their words are wrong and make you feel uncomfortable but the hurt isn't directed at you, you'd cut the person off so easily. It's still not the best example though, yeah. I'm honestly bad at expressing myself and that's why I avoid forums most of the time, because social skills, what are those, I ain't got any.

And I'm definitely not saying racism is ok. It's not, it's awful bullshit, just like homophobia is. And still I have a "friend" who has made racist and homophobic comments around me and I haven't called them out (even when some of those comments were directed at a group I'm a part of too), because I'm a coward and not even ashamed to admit it. I hate confrontations, so I don't like to comment more heated conversations even on forums even though I sometimes do. But I just hate the feeling that because you don't always actively do something to things that are not right, it means that you somehow support the bad or agree with it, or that the good you say or do don't matter.

Feel free to ignore this message though, as I won't be logging in anymore. It's not because of this particular thing, but because in general I feel like forums are not a place for me and I'm way happier when I just focus on the content the boys make and stay away from the fandom.
snokoplasmic
procrastinator

upon a rewatch of the video, one thing i really love is how many questions phil asked; he really seemed genuinely curious and interested <3
twix
butt chair

missemma wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:46 pm I'll admit (don't come for me) that I think I would have preferred the video just with Dan as I kinda got a bit bored with Phil coming out with wacky and random comments - such as the "i touched the babys eyebrows" and "can't you just put duct tape there".
i agree with you-- in these collabs, phil tends to come across as a third wheel. dan & phil & louise are way too much all at once.

highlights
  • dnp's faces upon learning about episiotomies
  • louise's face upon learning about dan's past placenta facination
  • louise roasting dan's inability to say "vagina"-- i wonder if he thinks the word itself might lead to demonetization; it reminded me of that one gaming video where he referred to a female orgasm as "a lady finishing her process" (obviously not equivalent contexts & situations, but the same sort of discomfort)
  • r/unexpectedspicegirls
rainydays
sofa crease

I've just watched the video and quickly caught up on the thread, but I just wanted to say that I disagree with whoever said that the video would've been better without phil in it, I actually thought phil's comments were the funniest parts (also the only times I laughed). The bit about the towel is probably my favorite thing he said, he just immediately went for that, like yeah, that's obviously the first thing he would do in that situation oMG. Also what he said about the twins coming out at the same time... uh, what? :lol:
The video was okay, not overly funny to me (except for some phil's comments, like I said) and it made me slightly uncomfortable, but I was expecting much worse, so it's okay.
autumnhearth
senpai

I loved that collab! I found it absolutely delightful. I think Louise chose well in Dan & Phil.

I didn’t learn anything about pregnancy or birth, as I’ve already gone through it, but I did learn two British slang words for anatomy. :lol:

I was on my third re-watch, as I wanted to focus on each of the boys facial expressions, when I decided I might as well make timestamps!

0:01 Their sofa is so oddly asymmetrical, I noticed it in Dan’s video, but it didn’t seem like the thing to mention. So I’m saying it now, it is weird.
0:05 Dan’s little jingle got shut down
0:10 Rebranding, “Dan is SNOT on fire”- Phil, fake crying from Dan.
0:15 Phil will never stop being Amazing
0:30 “We both touched the butt.”- Dan
“Dan touched the butt.”- Phil (giggles from Louise and me)
0:38 Phil can’t help calling out to the baby
0:40 “What kind of influence are we having on this child right now?”- Dan (I can’t help picturing them as uncles or godfathers.)
0:43 “Come on Phil.”- says a very fond Dan. Phil is giggling so much.
0:44 “I’m making her excited for life. Come out!”- says a Phil that I am very fond of
0:50 Louise is already done with these two dorks.
1:33 I don’t know why it cracks me up so much but Phil’s “I like to think I know a few things about the birds and the bees.” And the way Dan looks at him, gets me every time (I watched this three times before even beginning the notes/time stamping)
1:45 “Do I need to put your socks on later?” Phil to Louise

1:55 “Gestation”
2:02 Phil can’t say “period” without laughing
2:10 “The little egg-sperm”- Phil
2:20 “Imagine you’re like baking a cake”- Phil
2:24 Definition
2:28 Phil makes sure we know he’s not a total idiot
2:33 “Ding ding ding.”-Louise “Ding.”- Phil “Wow.”- Dan

2:38 “Placenta”
Phil defers immediately to Dan who has to explain his random humor to Louise.
2:58 Dan sharing accurate information about placenta
3:02 Several references to using and consuming placenta going forward
3:23 Afterbirth “landslide” delivery
3:41 “Alright, did it, let’s do an omelette.”- Dan
3:45 Freeze dried placenta pills
3:46 “Ohh I thought you were going to say sprinkled on cereal your cereal or something like that.”- Phil
3:53 “Ya could. Açaí berry and placenta sprinkles.”- Dan

3:56 “Fundal Height”
3:59 “That’s a sex act.”- Dan says really confidently
4:01 “Right babe, should we do the old fundal height?” Dan says complete with finger motions. Phil glancing at Dan.
4:30 Actual definition
4:40 Dan says a very quiet “Good guess” to Phil.
4:45 “Good guess, Phil.”- says a very supportive Dan
“Thank you. Do I get that one?”- asks Phil, who only made a guess based on the word height.
“Yeah, totally. I think so.”- says Dan, who guessed a sex act, so you know Phil was much closer.
4:50 Not a sex position, in case anyone needed clarification

4:55 “Episiotomy”
“Ooo”- Phil is immediately intrigued and guesses: “I think that’s when you take a picture of the baby...” and Dan lets out a laugh, knowing that’s not it at all.
5:07 “Isn’t that to do with a rude... area?”- Dan
5:10 “You can say vagina. Vagina’s not rude it’s part of a woman’s body.”- Louise
5:15 “Does it just mean vagina though, or is it like surrounding area?”
5:20 Science and linguistic dads work out the meaning.
5:36 Definition.
This whole section, Phil’s wide eyes and rapt attention and saying “yeah” to Louise’s “if your baby is coming out of your vagina”. He’s totally visualizing it.
5:47 You put it back in.”- Phil
5:50 The horror
6:02 “You don’t want to have like a vagina to butt... hole.”- Dan
6:06 “The diagonal escape route is much preferred.”- Dan
6:14 “Oh no! You thought she was going to give you a Haribo something.”- Phil whom I love.
6:18 “Imagine someone cutting your bellend.”- Louise using British slang for the head of the penis. (The firs of two things I learned from this video.)
6:28 “Two become one”- Louise sings.
6:36 “You can’t be grossed out by this stuff. We’ve all been born.”- Dan

6:40 “Waterbirth”
6:43 “Where you do it in a pool.”- sassy Dan
6:45 “You get into a big swimming pool and release the baby.”- Phil
6:50 Discussion of baby’s breathing underwater. No the umbilical cord is not a long nose Phil. Babies cannot be fish, whales, tiny dolphins or Aquaman.
*Note: newborns have died from being submerged underwater for too long by negligent people.

7:22 “Mucus Plug”
7:25 “What?!” from Phil and giggles from Dan, turning into cracking up
7:28 “It’s all great. Biology is beautiful.”- Dan with side eye to Louise and more laughter. “Look at you.” Says Louise.
7:45 Just get Dani Snot On Fire to snort out some mucus over your episiotomy.
8:00 Definition
8:15 “Slime.”- Dan
8:20 “The literal cock block. If you wanna do it.”- Um not quite Dan...

8:25 “Colostrum”
8:28 “That means butt.”- Dan, “Butt.”- Phil echoes
8:33 “What’s a ‘trum’ Phil? That’s what we have to work out right now.”- Dan once again consulting with his linguistics major boyfriend.
8:40 “Trumm” they both sound out. “It’s an instrument.”- Dan who does an excellent trumpet imitation.
8:43 “It’s when if you’ve got twins they both come out at the same time.”- Jesus Christ, Phil.
8:57 “How big are the the vaginas you’ve seen in your life?”- Louise asks Phil, who clearly thinks lady’s can just have double doors, maybe French ladies do. No he rationalizes that “twins are smaller aren’t they?”
9:10 Definition: “the stuff that comes out of your boobies...” classy Louise
9:20 “You can sell that on eBay.”- Phil
9:21 “Boob nectar”- Dan (nipple nectar would have been so much better)
9:30 How does the boob know?
9:36 “Come on guys, let’s get some milkshake on.”- no Phil
9:42 “I love how shit you are at this.”- me too Louise

9:43 “Neonate”
9:44 “That sounds like something alien.”- classic Phil
Phil explains its when you have an alien pregnancy, Louise says not many people have alien pregnancies, Phil counters quietly “You’d think that, but they do.”
9:53 How does Dan not know that neo means new?
10:02 Linguistics boyfriend is no help. “It’s when the guy from the Matrix has a baby.”
10:10 Definition
10:13 New baby, yay Dan, applause

10:20 Doula
10:22 “That’s not easy!”- Phil
10:30 “That’s a pop star isn’t it? ”- former BBC Radio 1 present Dan Howell
10:40 “It’s a part of the vagina that’s kept secret... until you need to use it.”- Dan whom I love
10:44 “A secret one?”- Phil who though vaginas were already confusing enough
10:50 Belly button popping
10:56 Definition
11:08 “Mother of Mothers”, “Mother of Dragons”, “Khaleesi.”
11:12 “I could be your doula.” Says Phil to Louise as he starts massaging her upper arm. Louise does not want Phil to be her doula.
Acknowledges Phil has a *shred* more general knowledge, but thinks Dan is calmer. Phil agrees he wouldn’t stay calm. “It’s crowning!” after one minute.
11:44 “Jaws of destruction”- that’s a nice visual Dan
11:55 Phil would put a towel down if Louise went into labor here.
12:12 “We’d make you a warm bath, light some candles, not scented, cause that would like, be too stimulating (very good Dan). We’d hold your hands, call the ambulance-“ “And then I’d feed you a curry while it arrives.”- Phil, providing good inspiration for mpreg fics.

12:30 “Perineal Massage” bonus round
12:33 “Perineal is yer gooch”- Dan providing the second bit of slang I didn’t know.
12:42 The origin of the four finger and elbow massage we saw from Louise’s vlog.
13:16 Duct tape reinforcing suggestion from Phil. Super glue? No.
13:40 “Lower, lower, lower, lower.”- Dan getting very into it with his tongue.

13:51 “I’m so glad that I’m not having a baby with either of you.”- Louise
13:53 “Sorry.”- Dan “Thanks.”- Phil
13:55 “Although I think you’d be like great dads. (“Thank you.”- Phil) like in a Three Men in a Baby.”- Louise
14:06 “Philippa’s a strong name.”- Phil (I’m getting horrible Philippa video flashbacks)
14:20 Dan is delighted at her boy name choice of Daniel, Phil feels slighted.
14:30 “It’s on the list” Dan mouths with finger quotes.
14:44 The boys can be better friends and offer perineal massages to prevent episiotomies, “help it out, get the scissors”- Phil, “get some curry.”- what Dan is now expecting from Phil.
14:52 “I will be your- doula.” Dan nods so awkwardly proud of himself.
15:05 That smile Phil gives Dan when Louise says “anything else you want promote.”
15:07 “I want to promote their happiness.”- Wholesome Howell
Btw, I don’t think that Dan was trying to avoid saying vagina, though they really didn’t avoid talking about any area of the body after that, so I’m not sure what he found particularly “rude” or vulgar about the areas below. :shrug:
VengefulBlue
rainbow nerd
Pronouns: they/them

i liked louise's video. the boys' guesses were funny, phil seemed so genuinely interested, and dan was giggling like a kid in sex ed. i was a little annoyed at dan being slightly out of frame, but overall it was funny. i don't think i'll rewatch the whole thing but there were some hilarious bits, particularly the perinial massage part - can instantly describing what a perineum is - "it's your gooch", dan's massage mimes, and this L-P exchange: "would you put duct tape on your gooch?"--"...no"

edit: thanks for the timestamps, autumnhearth!
Last edited by VengefulBlue on Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aleanna
glabella

twix wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:36 pm
highlights
  • dnp's faces upon learning about episiotomies
  • louise's face upon learning about dan's past placenta facination
  • louise roasting dan's inability to say "vagina"-- i wonder if he thinks the word itself might lead to demonetization; it reminded me of that one gaming video where he referred to a female orgasm as "a lady finishing her process" (obviously not equivalent contexts & situations, but the same sort of discomfort)
  • r/unexpectedspicegirls
You're the first person I've seen comment on the Spice Girls reference! I was a huuuuuuge fan when they were big (which I just realized was 20 years ago and omg i feel old!!!) so I loved the sneaky little reference. I feel like they've been making a lot more song references recently (though this one might've been Louise...i don't remember)
Check out my YouTube channel where I post badly edited vlog-things: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4MzLr ... nRQQMRpp6A