Dan & Phil Part 57: Pinky and the Brain

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie
Pronouns: she/her

Based on this, I'd say it's an after-the-fact tweet and they're safely at PJ and Sophie's by now!
DatCog
blobfish

alittledizzy wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:48 pm Based on this, I'd say it's an after-the-fact tweet and they're safely at PJ and Sophie's by now!
Yes, I reckon they're already there - would be easy for fans to stalk the station in question!
aleanna
glabella

Katka wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:17 pm
captainspacecoat wrote:I think it's totally unfair to jump on dia for this, and to compare what they said about their own country to making racist jokes against people from a race/culture they are not a part of, which is absolutely not what dia did.
This. Guys, seriously. If dia as an Irish person is okay with jokes about Irish people how is that problematic? She's not saying everyone has to be okay with them... Also Hazel is Dan and Phil's (and Tom's, I guess?) friend and has been their friend for a long time. I'm pretty sure they know what kinds of jokes she's okay with and she didn't seem offended at all, she was just joking along. Obviously if some random person went up to an Irish stranger and made these kinds of jokes it would be hella insensitive and not okay at all, especially considering the history of the Troubles, but they're all friends and they know what they're comfortable with. And I think telling an actual Irish person that she's not allowed to find Irish stereotypes funny is crossing a line and y'all might want to take a step back.
I guess what rubbed me the wrong way was the "usually stereotypes are quite true" part of the sentence, which wasn't specifically about Irish people. I just find that particular statement...not okay.
Check out my YouTube channel where I post badly edited vlog-things: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4MzLr ... nRQQMRpp6A
aleanna
glabella

Katka wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:17 pm
captainspacecoat wrote:I think it's totally unfair to jump on dia for this, and to compare what they said about their own country to making racist jokes against people from a race/culture they are not a part of, which is absolutely not what dia did.
This. Guys, seriously. If dia as an Irish person is okay with jokes about Irish people how is that problematic? She's not saying everyone has to be okay with them... Also Hazel is Dan and Phil's (and Tom's, I guess?) friend and has been their friend for a long time. I'm pretty sure they know what kinds of jokes she's okay with and she didn't seem offended at all, she was just joking along. Obviously if some random person went up to an Irish stranger and made these kinds of jokes it would be hella insensitive and not okay at all, especially considering the history of the Troubles, but they're all friends and they know what they're comfortable with. And I think telling an actual Irish person that she's not allowed to find Irish stereotypes funny is crossing a line and y'all might want to take a step back.
I guess what rubbed me the wrong way was the "usually stereotypes are quite true" part of the sentence, which wasn't specifically about Irish people. I just find that particular statement...not okay.
Check out my YouTube channel where I post badly edited vlog-things: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4MzLr ... nRQQMRpp6A
dif
smol bean

hi! i come out of lurking to present you with a new deppy pic from the train station posted aprox 5 hours ago. i found it on a fansite that unfortunately hasn't provided the source :spy:
Ewok
rainbow nerd

dif wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:57 pm hi! i come out of lurking to present you with a new deppy pic from the train station posted aprox 5 hours ago. i found it on a fansite that unfortunately haven't provided the source :spy:
OOF. Dan's hair has me all sorts of :garbage:
He's really killing me with the natural hair. Freakin dreamboat.
»»-————𝓯𝓵𝓸𝓹𝓹𝔂 𝓭𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓭𝓸𝓷𝓰————-««
allsaintshowell
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

dif wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:57 pm hi! i come out of lurking to present you with a new deppy pic from the train station posted aprox 5 hours ago. i found it on a fansite that unfortunately hasn't provided the source :spy:
they look so cozy!!! :love2:
Image Image
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

dif wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:57 pm hi! i come out of lurking to present you with a new deppy pic from the train station posted aprox 5 hours ago. i found it on a fansite that unfortunately hasn't provided the source :spy:
Ohhh they look so nice. Sorry, I'm gonna be obnoxious and take this out from under the spoiler, I just love this picture? I wish it were one of just them and not with a fan, lmao. (But that's what I always end up thinking about fan pics, ah well.)
000dia000
emo goose

aleanna wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:23 pm I guess what rubbed me the wrong way was the "usually stereotypes are quite true" part of the sentence, which wasn't specifically about Irish people. I just find that particular statement...not okay.
I didn't think this would pick up, because it quite a throwaway thing.
I wouldn't speak on behalf of other people, I'm just literally speaking on behalf of my own experiences. There's a serious drinking culture, and I just find it ironic that Hazel doesn't like the drink stereotype when she literally has a series called "Tipsy Talk" where she literally drinks. It's actually what I thought they were referring to at first, before the "Guinness" comment. Also, no offense, but I think you're reading too much into my phrasing. I'm literally making a joke at my own expense, and my phrase was only in the context, not the general idea that I believe that stereotypes are all true. Anyway, sorry that I offended you :shrug: but really, it was all in good fun
:cactus:
whelpkeeper
sad dimple
Pronouns: they/their

God I love Dan's jacket, it's probably £100,000,000 but still :lol:

I can't tell if there's a filter or if my sickness is playing tricks on my eyes, but they both look amazing either way :love2:
The air soft as that of Seville in April,
and so fragrant that it was delicious to breathe it.
whelpkeeper
sad dimple
Pronouns: they/their

Wait, I totally forgot this so I'm sorry for double posting (carnal sin, I know) but I'm super sick and would love more posts from you guys, so here are some questions and maybe you'd like to answer them? just think about it :love2:

:rainbowsparkle1: Don't feel like you have to answer all of them, just as many as you'd like! :rainbowsparkle1:

1.) What common or everyday thing have you never done? (Break a bone, eat pizza, etc.)

2.) If you could wake up and instantly be fluent in another language, which would you choose?

3.) How many chapters would it take to write your current autobiography?

4.) If you could have a never-ending candle that smelled like anything, what scent would you pick?

5.) If you could instantly have one of your current responsibilities, chores, or to-dos finished with the snap of your fingers, which one would you pick?

... and some deppy specific ones, since that is the nature of this forum...

6.) Do you prefer the apartment Dan and Phil currently live in or their old one?

7.) Which PINOF video was your favorite? Or, if you prefer, which Baking Video was you favorite?

8.) Which shirt (or outfit) of Dan and/or Phil is your favorite? (pics would be nice!)

9.) What's one video you'd love to see either Dan or Phil (or both) make? Besides maybe the obvious, please and thanks ;)
The air soft as that of Seville in April,
and so fragrant that it was delicious to breathe it.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

whelpkeeper wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:28 pm Wait, I totally forgot this so I'm sorry for double posting (carnal sin, I know) but I'm super sick and would love more posts from you guys, so here are some questions and maybe you'd like to answer them? just think about it :love2:

:rainbowsparkle1: Don't feel like you have to answer all of them, just as many as you'd like! :rainbowsparkle1:
1.) What common or everyday thing have you never done? (Break a bone, eat pizza, etc.)

2.) If you could wake up and instantly be fluent in another language, which would you choose?

4.) If you could have a never-ending candle that smelled like anything, what scent would you pick?

5.) If you could instantly have one of your current responsibilities, chores, or to-dos finished with the snap of your fingers, which one would you pick?

6.) Do you prefer the apartment Dan and Phil currently live in or their old one?

7.) Which PINOF video was your favorite? Or, if you prefer, which Baking Video was you favorite?

8.) Which shirt (or outfit) of Dan and/or Phil is your favorite? (pics would be nice!)

9.) What's one video you'd love to see either Dan or Phil (or both) make? Besides maybe the obvious, please and thanks ;)
The never ending candle one: lemon, I love lemon candles. They just seem bright and happy to me.

The deppy ones: Prefer the new place to the old one. I love the idea that there are spaces that are for themselves, that they can opt to show us or to not show us. They have more options and I feel like that's gotta be healthier for them both. Which pinof? The first one, and also the most recent one. Though I think I still love the first AmazingDan more than any pinof. Is that an unpopular opinion? The first AmazingDan is just the height of 'we're together and still in that phase where we want to eat each other alive but we don't get to see each other enough to satisfy that urge so have this crackling sexual tension instead.'

I am the least fashion oriented, so I have almost no opinion on their clothes. Do love Phil in glasses though. And for the last question: I'm still waiting on Dan's candle haul. Would also accept a Phil candle haul.
Ablissa
pastel persona

whelpkeeper wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:28 pm
Wait, I totally forgot this so I'm sorry for double posting (carnal sin, I know) but I'm super sick and would love more posts from you guys, so here are some questions and maybe you'd like to answer them? just think about it :love2:

This is fun! I'll answer a few :)

Eat sushi

Java :D

All of my time spent at work counts as a responsibility, right?

I prefer their future home where all the windows are glass. (I think I prefer this one, but I'm nostalgic about the old one)

PINOF 1, obviously. And Monster Pops.

9.) What's one video you'd love to see either Dan or Phil (or both) make?
After Dan's last video, I'd love it if they would make a video talking about how they both dealt with Dan's depression and how it affected them as a couple pair of people that are very close. Don't yell at me for this, I know it's a private subject, but my own depression completely drove my ex away, so I would love to hear about them overcoming this.

EDIT: Just noticed the spooky forum "titles", well done :thumb:
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual

whelpkeeper wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:28 pm Wait, I totally forgot this so I'm sorry for double posting (carnal sin, I know) but I'm super sick and would love more posts from you guys, so here are some questions and maybe you'd like to answer them? just think about it :love2:

Japanese. (I do know just a little.)

Lilac. (I have never smelled a 'lilac' candle that actually smells like lilacs.)

Buy xmas holiday plane tix!

The original pinof is one of my favorite videos ever. (And I agree with dizzy about AmazingDan.)

I'd like a video from Phil about what it's like to be the partner of a clinically depressed person--the fear, the frustration, the exhaustion. I'm sure there's plenty of humor and sweetness he could also include. It could really be mostly about him: his own self-care, strategies for being supportive without falling into the hole too, figuring out how to not have his own life overwhelmed by his loved one's illness. (Do I sound as though I might relate to Phil's position?)
"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."
mm_sunny1993
spork

first I want to say that the spooky banner looks really nice! :thumb:

thanks for the questions!

1.) I've never broken a bone, never ate advocado.

2.) Spanish. I learned it in school for 5 years but after school ended I basically forgot everything :roll:

4.) probably vanilla or raspberry

5.) finding a job. is that a current responibility? :shrug:

6.) I really like their new apartment at least what we have seen. I like modern apartments.

7.) the 3rd PINOF is still my favourite. It makes me laugh the most <3 and for baking: Pumpkin spice pumpkin cookies

8.) For Dan it would be the one he wore at Wimbledon. For Phil i don't know actually. I really like it when he wears grey despite him saying it makes him look too pale. Oh and the geometric-bird jumper that he wore in the truth bomb video looks really nice.
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

Ablissa wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:47 pm EDIT: Just noticed the spooky forum "titles", well done :thumb:
New spooky ranks and also for the people who are on mobile - log in on desktop and look at our new fancy headers! There is a different one on all 3 different styles :skeleton:
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
sunshinias
spork

I opened the page and literally burst out laughing at the header (the phil one). Whoever made it deserves a medal.
whelpkeeper wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:28 pm Wait, I totally forgot this so I'm sorry for double posting (carnal sin, I know) but I'm super sick and would love more posts from you guys, so here are some questions and maybe you'd like to answer them?
I've never broken a bone, which probably has a lot to do with my hatred/avoidance of sports so I never really do things that make breaking bones likely to happen.

Japanese; I like anime and manga and it would make it so much easier to understand exactly what was meant.

Pina Colada! It's probably the best smelling candle I've ever come across.

The new one; I only really started watching in January, however, so I don't have much attachment to the new one.

I don't have much of a preference, so PINOF 1.

9.) What's one video you'd love to see either Dan or Phil (or both) make?
A really long Truth Bombs game with Martyn and Cornelia. Phil has to give actual answers.
:sunshine: ~let in a little sunshine~ :sunshine:
Ewok
rainbow nerd

missemma wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:15 pm
Ablissa wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:47 pm EDIT: Just noticed the spooky forum "titles", well done :thumb:
New spooky ranks and also for the people who are on mobile - log in on desktop and look at our new fancy headers! There is a different one on all 3 different styles :skeleton:
Yay love these! Very festive :blackheart: :pumpkinphil:
(I love that I'm butt scare. It just feels right.)
I've (surprisingly) never broken a bone before. Which is odd because I am the clumsiest person alive.

Most likely Spanish. I know enough that I could stumble through a casual conversation, but I'd really love to be fluent.

Omg, Jasmine. Or a clean-laundry smell. I'd be happy with either of those :love2:

Laundry. I hate hate hate hate laundry. I'll do literally any other chore but that.

I do prefer their old apartment. The new apartment feels too sterile and 'modern' for my taste. (Those shiny white kitchen cabinets make me want to stab my eyes out, they look straight out of Ikea and I hate them). Their old apartment had MUCH more character.

Fav PINOF is a toss up between 1 and 8! I love the first pinof for obvious reasons - young love is so sweet it hurts :happytears:
But I love how comfortable they are with one another in 8 & "you're gonna live! you're gonna liiiiive!" always makes me laugh.

Of Dan's - I'd have to say my very fav is the stripey sweater in my icon. Pretty much any oversized sweater looks really cute on him. Oh and his ripped jeans! Gah :blackheart: basically I just want to steal his style, so, everything... Lmfao. And for Phil - I love him in denim jackets so much. Also, he looks amazing in anything black!

I've mentioned it before but, a video of them going over their first conversations with one another would probably be really sweet (and maybe a bit cringy lmao). :love2:

Good questions, I love reading everyones answers and learning more about everyone here. Thank you whelpkeeper! :)
»»-————𝓯𝓵𝓸𝓹𝓹𝔂 𝓭𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓭𝓸𝓷𝓰————-««
susan2
rainbow nerd

Sorry to post something random in the middle of another conversation, but I was just looking at "the power of Dan and Phil" on Louise's channel stats following their collab uploaded on the 18th....not surprising, but still pretty amazing!
(for reference she uploaded a collab with Jim Chapman on the 14th, and an outfit diary on the 11th)
...I wonder how Dan's chat is going tonight :bbb:
vogonsrock
squish

Oo, questions, I can't sleep and this looks like fun :D

Learned to drive, the thought terrifies me, I'm so clumsy me driving a car would be a disaster.

So many wonderful languages, and I'm hopeless at learning them, maybe Spanish or Mandarin for maximum usefulness?

Too many or not enough, I've not achieved anything very interesting in my life so not many. On the other hand I've had lots of interests that I've been fanatical about, it would probably read something like a Gerald Durrell book. Me and animals = inseparable

Probably bluebells, my favourite flower, would have to be a subtle version though 'cos they have a pretty overwhelming scent.

Cooking 100%, I used to love it, but since I cook everything my family shoves in their faces, and none of them will accept takeout as an acceptable alternative often, everyday revolves around menus, cooking etc. So sick of it.

I haven't really seen enough of the new apartment to get a 'proper feel' for it, but it seems more spacious than their last. However since we were so familiar with their old one and I can see it in my minds eye so much more clearly I still have more of a soft spot for that one.

I'm with dizzy on preferring the AmazingDans, the sexual tension imo is off the charts in them. I'm not that keen on the pinoffs to be honest, especially the later ones, fun as they are they are (again imo) too contrived, the early ones are my favourite.

I don't have a favourite outfit or either of them. I'm just happy when we can see full body shots of Phil, because Dayum there is something about those legs that takes my breath away.

I'd love to see Phil do a hamster care/breeding video handling actual hamsters, because I love the furry little bastards. One of the main reasons I first got curious about Phil, because I was 'the hamster (and mouse) breeder' at my school too.

Thanks for those questions, I've really enjoyed reading everyone else's answers so far, Cheered me up on a cold restless night.
Elemancy
butt chair

(I really like these questions. Both reading the answers and replying to them. :) Gives me something to pass the time with on a slow Saturday.)

Do you prefer the apartment Dan and Phil currently live in or their old one?
The current one. It's interesting and fun to see the way they've slowly been making it their own, placing their own distinct signature in each room with plants, boardgames, artwork, etc. not to mention the strange layout I've yet to understand which just adds to the character and allure. Moving anywhere new always feels like a fresh start and they seem to be embracing that concept literally and figuratively, what with Dan's recent video, the livestreams on the gaming channel and their announcement about the board game. It's small changes and details that arguably could have happened in the old flat too, but given that all these developments are taking place now it just makes their current flat seem like a nice symbolic gesture of a different phase in their lives. (but then I guess some things don't change if their consistent gripe about bad internet is any indication..)
The other one will always have its own nostalgic significance for me, but I'm loving this new place so far.

Which PINOF video was your favorite? Or, if you prefer, which Baking Video was you favorite?
For the Baking videos it's a close call between the brownie graveyard and the monster pops one. Though the disastrous adventure that was the easter meringues ranks pretty high too. :lol:

* haha, I just realized I am now a "brownie graveyard" so I guess I'm subconciously biased.

What's one video you'd love to see either Dan or Phil (or both) make? Besides maybe the obvious, please and thanks
I'm enoying the buzzfeed unsolved series lately with Shane and Ryan (wheeze) and I thought it'd be interesting to see Dan and Phil do something similar, but of course at the same time adding their own distinct spin on it. Maybe speaking more at length about Phil's interest in tarot cards, ESP, etc. and have them both give their different perspectives on it along with personal anecdotes, a bit like a continuation of that one video they did as a teaser for tabinof, Going Deep, where they discussed aliens.
:dildo:
autumnhearth
senpai

1. I too have never broken a bone and I’ve never gotten pulled over by a police officer while driving.

2. Practically: Spanish, impractically: Gaelic

3. Number of chapters in my autobiography: Goodness who knows? Let’s say about 16.

4. The scent of someone having a wood fire on a fall night somewhere in your neighborhood, which I feel like is different from up close bonfire scent.

5. Oh god, so much. Right now I suppose laundry. But there’s so much in this house and my life.

6. I’m both nostolgic for their old apartment and prefer that style more personally, but the new one is cool, I’m glad they are in it and have the space and privacy they need and but of course I want to see more of it.

7. Pinofs: Any of them except 4! 1 and 8 probably. I gotta agree with dizzy on AmazingDan, but the sequel was awful. Baking: Tie between Pumpkin Spice Pumpkin Cookies and Moster Pops.

8. I’m sorry I’d like to do pics but I’m too lazy.

For Phil: anything black & white (gotta love that contrast), but also the two burgundy button ups (hearts and blossoms). Yesterday I found myself really missing all his buffalo check/plaid shirts. I wonder how he would suit them now. I would love to see him in a long sleeve black and white one. Based on this I’d say really damn well.

I’m actually really looking forward to the return of some of his spooky season shirts and jumpers ;ghost; :pumpkinphil: :skeleton: :bat:

For Dan: layering!!! Dark grey shirt, one of the black jackets and black jeans or black shirt, one of the black jackets and darkest grey/faded black jeans (pretty much what he wore outside from 2015-2016) and a scarf! Oh here have a pic.
Love that fan pic of them today, fall jackets really suit them.

Oh and the cherry blossom shirt! :japhan:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Just to round out the festivities, a few new Halloween smilies!

:ghostclaps: :theurge: :evilcackle: :eyerollpumpkin:

(And don't forget that we do have a request thread for emoticons. We can't guarantee we'll be able to make everything, but we can always try!)
smol beans
squish

oOooOo i just wanted to participate in the deppy related questions :D

i am also nostalgic about their old apartment and felt more comfort when watching videos because of the familiarity. so i'm glad they pretty much mirror imaged the gaming channel set up this way (and phil's too)so i barely even think about it now. but for personal preference, i do like modern/minimal looks of things and though i, and no one else can figure out their mysterious layout, i think they're slowly starting to give us tiny glimpses and shots from other parts of the new apartment and i am okay with that :thumb:

i find myself rewatching PINOF 6 and 7 the most! don't know why but the reenactment of anaconda and ladders EP instantly makes me laugh. favorite baking video is monster pops!
"teach me dad"

i love dan in his oversized jumpers, especially the recent knit yeezy one he wore in his liveshow, he looks so soft :love1:
but also prefer when he's in more fitted shirts because it flatters his body type well. i like phil in whatever dark colors and any of his button ups!

i want them to do more DITL/vlog type videos. just to see them hang out with their friends, other youtubers, out and about.... even if they didn't leave the house, i don't think i'm the only one that'd be all for it just to see them do their daily routines and domestic things around the house :)
eXcUsE mE?
whut is the opposite of s m o l , halppy, yellow sun?
daichii
rainbow nerd
Pronouns: she | her

Break a bone

Japanese or French

About 3 :lol:

Vanilla for sure

the homework I'm currently procrastinating (got two hours to submit it yet here I am fml)

the new one looks better though it's annoying (but understandable) how little they've shown of it. I must say I like the manchester one more than the london one, it felt cozier

PINOF 1 because it's too amazing and for Baking probs the Brownie graveyard one

Phil with anything red is a strong win. Also Phil wearing shorts :love2:
Dan with light colors and big jumpers is the best look for him imo

I'd love to watch them play Sing Party or Rock Band or any game in which they'll actually have to sing