Dan & Phil Part 57: Pinky and the Brain

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
planetkidlwt
tol bean
Pronouns: she/her

2.) If you could wake up and instantly be fluent in another language, which would you choose?
I’d love to be fluent in Japanese or sign language

4.) If you could have a never-ending candle that smelled like anything, what scent would you pick?
Fresh laundry sheets, or roses

5.) If you could instantly have one of your current responsibilities, chores, or to-dos finished with the snap of your fingers, which one would you pick? 
If I could get my driver’s license instantaneously that’d be great, I’ve been on my learner’s permit for almost 2 years now and I hate how I never find myself time to get all the hours in

8.) Which shirt (or outfit) of Dan and/or Phil is your favorite? (pics would be nice!)
Daniel: the jumper he wore in his recent liveshow, so so so cozy and warm oh my goodness gracious and that CK black wash denim jacket is another fave of mine
Philip: the outfit from the Press The Button video (blue ‘Pugs Not Drugs’ jumper plus his glasses) and any instance he wears a denim jacket <3 <3

9.) What's one video you'd love to see either Dan or Phil (or both) make? Besides maybe the obvious, please and thanks
Daniel: where is that candle haul mate… also maybe some lil piano sessions on dini
Philip: I’d love to see him do more like short film-ish videos with a storyline and characters and all that fun stuff. Phil is a creative soul I wanna see that shine through so much more!! Also not exactly a video request but also would love to hear more about Phil’s current music faves in his ls!!
DatCog
blobfish

2.) If you could wake up and instantly be fluent in another language, which would you choose?

Like a few here, I'd love to be fluent in Japanese! I've been learning it for a few months but it's SO HARD! I went to Japan in August and muddled through but I'm desperate to go back and it would be so much better having the language issue sorted.

5.) If you could instantly have one of your current responsibilities, chores, or to-dos finished with the snap of your fingers, which one would you pick?

Always laundry

... and some deppy specific ones, since that is the nature of this forum...

6.) Do you prefer the apartment Dan and Phil currently live in or their old one?

New one - it's so light and minimalist, I love it. Without wishing to compromise their privacy, I'd love to see the previously unseen angles of their flat showing the huge windows.

7.) Which PINOF video was your favorite? Or, if you prefer, which Baking Video was you favorite?

PINOF 1 & 8 and Monster Pops

8.) Which shirt (or outfit) of Dan and/or Phil is your favorite? (pics would be nice!)

Ladybird jumper for Phil, Sakura shirt for Dan

9.) What's one video you'd love to see either Dan or Phil (or both) make? Besides maybe the obvious, please and thanks ;)
Other than a DITL, I'd love this video as suggested by LeftHandedism
I'd like a video from Phil about what it's like to be the partner of a clinically depressed person--the fear, the frustration, the exhaustion. I'm sure there's plenty of humor and sweetness he could also include. It could really be mostly about him: his own self-care, strategies for being supportive without falling into the hole too, figuring out how to not have his own life overwhelmed by his loved one's illness. (Do I sound as though I might relate to Phil's position?)
simmehchan
butt chair

1.) What common or everyday thing have you never done? (Break a bone, eat pizza, etc.)

I have never broken a bone!

Japanese because I'm a massive weeaboo.

All this Uni homework I have to do.

6.) Do you prefer the apartment Dan and Phil currently live in or their old one?

Their old one. It seemed a lot more homely. I don't know if they're moving or what, but their old flat just seemed more... lived in? Maybe this is just their new serious grown up aesthetic.

7.) Which PINOF video was your favorite? Or, if you prefer, which Baking Video was you favorite?

PINOF 1. It's just so cute, I love it so much. Also, Monster Pops baking, because obviously.

"I think stalking someone to become their friend is rather weird" - Phil Lester, 2006
karma_yeah
philussy

whelpkeeper wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:28 pm Wait, I totally forgot this so I'm sorry for double posting (carnal sin, I know) but I'm super sick and would love more posts from you guys, so here are some questions and maybe you'd like to answer them? just think about it :love2:

:rainbowsparkle1: Don't feel like you have to answer all of them, just as many as you'd like! :rainbowsparkle1:

1.) What common or everyday thing have you never done? (Break a bone, eat pizza, etc.)

3.) How many chapters would it take to write your current autobiography?

4.) If you could have a never-ending candle that smelled like anything, what scent would you pick?

9.) What's one video you'd love to see either Dan or Phil (or both) make? Besides maybe the obvious, please and thanks ;)
What a nice idea!

I’ve never drunk coffee – totally a tea person

I’ve always been attracted to French and took it in school, but Spanish would be most useful

Too many to count! :facepalm:

My favorite candle in the world is a pricey one called Empire Celeste by Manuel Canovas. I wish it would last forever because I'm always afraid to burn it too long because it’s so expensive

Dishes!

I think their current one, although we haven’t seen enough of it to say for sure

PINOF 1, Monster Pops, and I’ve always had a fondness for the Easter nest baking one. alittledizzy mentioned Amazing Dan so I watched it again and agree, their sexual tension was adorable. I’ve always loved the “Roses are red . . .” bit, and at 3:00 at the Professor Oak part Phil gets close to Dan and puts his hand on his back. Don't mind me, I'm just a steaming pile of :garbage:

Dan’s leather shirt LOL – just kidding! :rofl:

Love Dan’s ripped black jeans, his black denim jacket, and anything with sweaterpaws. I think they both look great in button down shirts. Phil in the red checked one or dark blue one he wore to an awards show. Very fond of when they were in Las Vegas on Dan’s birthday and both wore red checked shirts. (sorry, not good with embedding).

Thanks <3 for the wonderful spooky names and new emoticons :ghostclaps: :skeleton: Really looking forward to spooky week :pumpkinphil:

Very random thought -- I wonder how Dan's piano playing is going . . .
What goes around, comes around Image
sparkle
blobfish

whelpkeeper wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:28 pm Wait, I totally forgot this so I'm sorry for double posting (carnal sin, I know) but I'm super sick and would love more posts from you guys, so here are some questions and maybe you'd like to answer them? just think about it :love2:

:rainbowsparkle1: Don't feel like you have to answer all of them, just as many as you'd like! :rainbowsparkle1:

Questions under the spoiler :D

1. i've never actually broken a bone. I've nearly drowned four times, I've had a few nasty cuts from falls, I've torn a muscle in my back, but never actually broken anything. I swear I bounce :lol:

2. Italian or Japanese - I understand enough Spanish to be okay at navigating Spain, but Italy and Japan are two countries and cultures I'd love to visit and I'd love to be able to appreciate them more; the significant language barrier is a problem here.

3. oh god - um, I'm going to argue about 15, split up into 3 sections

4. if Lush ever want to make a Twilight scented candle :ribena: (so I guess lavender and tonka?)

5. can I say sleep? If I could just snap my fingers and have a full 8-hours of restful sleep every night that would be a dream. I currently feel like theres not enough time in the day and needing to sleep annoys me. Otherwise; needing to find a graduate job that isnt based in fucking London (looking at you British Airways).

6. this one, definitely.

7. my fave PINOF is probably the first one because they're just so cute in it. Or the one where Dan picks Phil up? I cried laughing. My favourite baking video is Monster Pops if you disagree fight me that video changed me :lol:

8. Dan is any time he wears grey. I think it looks gorgeous on him. Phil + suit = :stan: :garbage:

LeftHandedism wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:11 pm I'd like a video from Phil about what it's like to be the partner of a clinically depressed person--the fear, the frustration, the exhaustion. I'm sure there's plenty of humor and sweetness he could also include. It could really be mostly about him: his own self-care, strategies for being supportive without falling into the hole too, figuring out how to not have his own life overwhelmed by his loved one's illness. (Do I sound as though I might relate to Phil's position?)
this. This so hard. As someone who has been both the suicidally depressed person and the partner/friend of a suicidally depressed person the impact that depression has on those around you is something I would love for Phil to talk about. As far as I am aware Dan is the only other person I personally know of besides myself who has depression and sometimes just has to leave, and I cant imagine what it must be like being on the other side of that.
Pink has a really great lyric about this

I might have nowhere left to go
But I know that I cannot go home
These words are strapped inside my head
Tell me to run before I'm dead
Chase the rainbows in my mind
And I will try to stay alive

which, to me, is exactly how it feels when I just have to go
Dealing with depression yourself is awful, but also being on the other side is so hard. Its so easy to get consumed by someone elses illness and be angry when they dont get better, or keep making choices that are self-destructive. I'd love to know Phil's side of it, because it can be so hard not to become consumed by the other persons illness too. I want to know how he looked after himself, how he dealt with it. Especially when Dan moved in with him and quit uni, because that must have been an incredibly intense period for both of them. I'd love for Phil to be open about that because that would be so helpful to anybody who isnt mentally ill but loves someone who is.

In my own experience, you can feel guilty for doing things as simple as watching a tv show alone or wanting some alone time. Which can have an awful impact on your own mental health, a video from Phil about how he coped with being on the other side of it would be an absolute dream come true - even if it went up on LAP because it wasn't a very 'AmazingPhil' video, even if it was just part of a liveshow - I would love to see this. (Especially how he coped when Dan was dealing with antidepressants because I've seen how horrible withdrawal can be and it can be terrifying, I've nearly gone to hospital with two separate people because I thought one had meningitis and I thought the other had appendicitis when they stopped taking them)

For Dan, I feel like its 'coming soon', identity video. I would personally pay him the £5.80 currently in my purse to talk about his sexuality at an all-boys school. It was shitty enough being in a mixed school (and I was four years below him) and dealing with figuring out your identity. I cant imagine how much it sucked for him.

(I feel like its gonna happen because of a bunch of things he's said, I honestly would not be surprised if it happened within the year - to the point my girlfriend and I have a £5 bet on it)

also - complete 180 on this.

GUESS WHOS COPY OF TRUTH BOMBS ARRIVED YESTERDAY :woohoo:
:sparkle: dan howell gives me life :sparkle:
don't waste your time
or time will waste you
:sparkle:
alch
ar·tic·u·late

Living for the halloween ranks

whelpkeeper thanks for these questions!

Definitely Russian. I tried to learn it for a year but I couldn't get a good grasp on the grammar, and I've always regretted giving it up.

Honestly probably like three because I'd forget to actually talk about my life and instead just rant for entire chapters about how much I hated my fifth grade teacher

Home Depot, cause I love that garage smell.

My homework. Always homework.

I think the new one is nicer but I probably prefer the old one since its more familiar (and I could actually understand it)

PINOF 1 will always hold a special place in my heart but I prefer actually watching PINOF 8

Still going to keep saying streetcrowd until they actually play it
dancy
procrastinator

Oh boy...
AroboticPhil
sad dimple
Pronouns: she

...... i wish emm* bl*ckerr* (god i can't imagine the awkwardness of her being there) and f*l*x weren't on this picture but at least phil's got a new green sweater and he looks :love2:
obvsly
#relatable

dancy wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:28 pm Oh boy...
Phil wearing matching socks? Who is this guy? Don't know him. :? Also, is Dan alright?
allsaintshowell
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

that's such an awkward group of people..... can we summon the photoshop gods to fix it?
Image Image
000dia000
emo goose

dancy wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:28 pm Oh boy...
I'm going to be honest, anybody who doesn't stan deppy probably just added them to the blacklist. I'm saying what they're doing is bad, but they're certainly toeing the line. If they don't have a large fanbase, or at least Dan saying "I'm going to talk to him" then this would probably be a much more controversial pic. They aren't in my bad books, nor am I saying they should be, but we do kind of give them a lot of slack, while a lot of people (even here) otherwise hate a lot of other youtubers in this pic, or youtubers who associate with pewdiepie-like people. I'm kind of interested how this will play out, in the next couple of days. In the future. One bad association doesn't equal the entirety of a person's character, but you know how things can be blown out of proportion.

Will, "they associate and support pewdiepie" be added to their list on one of those "your fav is problematic" tumblr pages?
:cactus:
mysterylovescompany
morning quiff

Emma looks like she's been (badly) photoshopped in :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Who are the girl behind Emma and the guy between Phil and PJ? Both are kinda familiar, but I can't place them.
Last edited by mysterylovescompany on Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
onetruetrash
blobfish

AroboticPhil wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:33 pm ...... i wish emm* bl*ckerr* (god i can't imagine the awkwardness of her being there) and f*l*x weren't on this picture but at least phil's got a new green sweater and he looks :love2:
lmao why are you blurring out their names, this isn't twitter, they aren't checking their indirects
sparkle
blobfish

000dia000 wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:44 pm One bad association doesn't equal the entirety of a person's character, but you know how things can be blown out of proportion.
preach.

(personally I don't give that much of a shit they hang out with Felix, I'm just grateful they haven't made a video with him)

also that photo has made me realise how much Felix looks like my cousin :facepalm2:

(and how much I wish I was a fly on the wall in this scenario, I cringe for both Emma and Dan every time they have to interact)
obvsly wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:42 pm Also, is Dan alright?
Dan looks like Ron Weasley in that bit in Chamber of Secrets when he's throwing up slugs :rofl:
Last edited by sparkle on Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:sparkle: dan howell gives me life :sparkle:
don't waste your time
or time will waste you
:sparkle:
onetruetrash
blobfish

sparkle wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:00 pmI cringe for both Emma and Dan every time they have to interact
Same :rofl:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

My "they shared the loft bed" dreams are still alive, considering at forty seconds into his nook tour video you can see that the plug for the fairy lights is at the head of the bed in perfect position to be jostled or nudged by a pillow.

AroboticPhil
sad dimple
Pronouns: she

onetruetrash wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:52 pm
AroboticPhil wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:33 pm ...... i wish emm* bl*ckerr* (god i can't imagine the awkwardness of her being there) and f*l*x weren't on this picture but at least phil's got a new green sweater and he looks :love2:
lmao why are you blurring out their names, this isn't twitter, they aren't checking their indirects
? why not? i mean im pretty sure emma did admit she lurks on here + it's a habit lol and a way of communicating you don't like the person you're talking about

tbh i'm quite disappointed by them for hanging out with him and i'm also disappointed by myself for not holding them accountable the same way i would do with other youtubers...
i guess i see it as a problem because it normalizes racist/sexist people like "yes they've said awful shit but they're still cool people you can be friends with haha :)"
i dream of the day everyone finally drops him (esp. marzia, i used to like her but how can she be so unbothered by all he's done?!) but lbr that's probably never gonna happen
000dia000
emo goose

alittledizzy wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:05 pm My "they shared the loft bed" dreams are still alive, considering at forty seconds into his nook tour video you can see that the plug for the fairy lights is at the head of the bed in perfect position to be jostled or nudged by a pillow.

:stan:
:cactus:
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

alittledizzy wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:05 pm My "they shared the loft bed" dreams are still alive, considering at forty seconds into his nook tour video you can see that the plug for the fairy lights is at the head of the bed in perfect position to be jostled or nudged by a pillow.
Yesssss. I had the exact same thought! There's no other way that this would work, given that other circumstance mean the lights' buttons would be on the wall/further away.

I'm gonna need Dan to tweet about how he hurt himself getting out of a bunk bed or something asap.

On another note - can someone identify Phil's new jumper? I'm gonna need that in my life. :thumb: Jk, it's been found.

ETA - New theory: All of this fox clothing is Phil sharing his fursona in the best way he knows how. When Dan talked about fox/cat fursonas being generic, he was subtly making fun of Phil.
rainydays
sofa crease

the only thing I can focus on in that picture is how everyone is wearing winter clothes and marzia and sophie are wearing tights and then there's emma wearing shorts with bare legs. I'm not used to cold weather, so maybe that's just me, but.. isn't she cold? :shock:
JLynne
drama llama

Susannah wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:52 pm Emma looks like she's been (badly) photoshopped in :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Who are the girl behind Emma and the guy between Phil and PJ? Both are kinda familiar, but I can't place them.
Brad and his girlfriend, also named Emma. Brad helps Felix film I believe.

Personally, I don't give a damn that d&p are hanging out with Felix, but that's mostly because I used to watch a lot of pewdiepie and think he's just really stupid and oblivious to anything outside his bubble, not actually hateful. I went to school with a lot of people like him - rich white kids who live in a bubble and think it's funny and ironic to say the N word. Stupid, but they're hardly evil.
RiriPandaHeart2
phabergé

Just found out it's Teen Awards in the U.K, and it got me thinking why Dip & Pip weren't even nominated this year? Is there a rule against winners being re-nominated? Also, the nominated people are all new nominees. I'm just really curious as to why the usual contenders weren't even considered this year. :confused:

Not that Rose and Rosie don't deserve to win. They do. They're cute together. <3
P: What are you doing?

D: I'm feeding it to you.

P: Why is it so slow?
malday
emo goose

Dan must be thrilled that she's there.
autumnhearth
senpai

Hmm. Maybe, maybe not. But I do love PJ’s nook.

I love the lighting and music is so surreal. Easily my fave video of his. If you’re looking for current fairly light plug shots they are at 3:05.
alch
ar·tic·u·late

onetruetrash wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:02 pm
sparkle wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:00 pmI cringe for both Emma and Dan every time they have to interact
Same :rofl:
same, I can't imagine how awkward that is