Dan & Phil Part 58: Come in my lady door

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
mysterylovescompany
morning quiff

I remember studying the French Revolution in school and even though the teacher (who had a background in French) said gee-oh-teen, we all still said gill-oh-teen. Haha. So I'm not gonna shame Dan. I think it's like the way English speakers will pronounce the S in Paris. It might not be 'correct' in French, but people will always alter the pronunciation of borrowed words to suit their own language - nothing wrong with that, imo.
swofro
angel bean
Pronouns: she/her

rainydays wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:29 pm I have a question for everyone: what spooky week video even from the past years did you find the scariest/creepiest?
I enjoyed this video, but I didn't find it all that scary..? Is that just me? I've never found slenderman or five nights at freddie's to be super scary either tbh, but I feel like that's probably an unpopular opinion. Idk maybe I just don't get easily scared, which is weird bc I'm not even into horror movies at all. I guess it's the context of the video game with them speaking over it that lessens the scary impact for me.

also another probably unpopular opinion: I really want them to play a seriously scary terrifying game at least once.
For me, the scariest game is Outlast alone in the dark, that takes me three watch to finish, im such a wimp, and of course PT. I remember watching it the first thing in the morning after I wake up and have to move to the living room to not feel scared of my own house. I also find it hard for me to rewatch PT because of how scary I find it to be (the same way I find it hard to rewatch The Conjuring. I think the trope of a haunted house scared me the most because it makes you subconsciously associate it with your own house and one night, a ghost will probably jump down from the top of my cupboard and show itself)

Idk if it is because I watch the vid first thing in the morning or because I haven't watch dnp vids in a long while but anyway, I find the new vid not to be scary by any means. The little raincoat person is so cute somehow, reminds me of the kid fic I am writing for another fandom. Same with some people, I also was bothered with the light being on, definitely lessen the scary factor for me. Immersion, deps please. The video is pretty average, I guess.

I still am looking forward for the rest of spooky week though. I hope it gets better from here. I wish to be spooked is all. ;ghost; ;ghost; ;ghost;
I haven't been here for quite a while now, lots of real life things taking up my time. I haven't watch any dnp vids properly either. So hi, I am not really back I guess :love1:
Love is forever
000dia000
emo goose

imgroundedagain wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:31 am Helllooo! First time poster because I've never felt the need to join a conversation before but all the pewdiepie stuff has gotten far out of hand.
No, it hasn't.
imgroundedagain wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:31 amFirst off, it is absolutely not our place to say who Dan and Phil should or should not associate with.
Yeah, I think we can. They can associate with whoever they want, but I think if they're associating with, you know, someone like PDP, people will be upset.
imgroundedagain wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:31 amThat being said, I understand why people are upset with Felix. The word he used in his liveshow has a strong connotation, and he has said himself that his actions were inexcusable.
Connotation ? Lmao, he didn't say a statement that has racist allusions, it was a fucking slur. And he has "apologised", but do you really think he cares?
imgroundedagain wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:31 am]Whether you choose to forgive him or not has nothing to do with Dan and Phil. They had been friends with him before the fact, it would be absurd to abandon a friend because of a mistake they show remorse for.
Nah, that's how friendships normally end.
imgroundedagain wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:31 amTo the people who are angry with Dan and Phil for their continued support of Felix: Keep in mind that we do not know how what position they take on the situation.
As far as we know they are spineless supporters so :shrug:
imgroundedagain wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:31 amIt's something that has no place being discussed with their fanbase, and they know that.
Oh, sure, let's all sit back and not speak up or say anything when they fuck up! Sure, deppy can do no harm?!
imgroundedagain wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:31 amAnd might I mention that they had been present to celebrate Marzia's birthday, not Felix's.
Oh, poor poor Marzia, it must be so horrible to have a racist boyfriend!
:cactus:
bookfiend
spork
Pronouns: She/her

Ewok wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:54 pm
bookfiend wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:19 pm Spooky week has officially begun.

Glad they’re playing Little Nightmares it’s a good game, hopefully there will be no crappy exe screamer games this time. There’s plenty of better titles out there that deserve the recognition more.

I usually find people’s reactions to spooky week videos pretty confusing though. I never get scared at horror games/movies, I’ll maybe jump in my seat in shock but that’s about it.
Watching everyone talk about how scary it was and Dan screaming like a banshee just has me wondering why it effects people so much and not me. :shrug:

I guess I am either really desensitised or just lack a soul haha. :lol:
Something about being chased / unable to escape someone or something etc freaks me the hell out. It's a genuine fear for me, most of my nightmares are some variation of this (how fitting :lol:) I think that may be why it scared me so much.
The other games they've played really don't freak me out as much. Like FNAF does not scare me at all - neither do any of the .exe games. Outlast scared the ever loving piss out of me tho for similar reasons. I guess I'm pretty wimpy haha. :shrug:
Dan said something at the end like being able to defend yourself in a game makes it less scary - I agree 110%. Not having the ability to fight back made this fucking intense for me haha, I was physically recoiling from the screen anytime those hands got close. Ack. I think it just depends on what each person actually finds scary :lol:
Nah not that wimpy. It makes sense Outlast would freak you out then if it mimics things you’re afraid of. Eight legged freaks is the only film I’ve refused to watch because of my very real arachnophobia.

If it makes you feel better my sister got as far as getting into the building and opening the first door where the body swings in front of you then refused to play anymore. She handed the controller to me and spent the next few hours hiding behind a pillow. :lol:

Though Outlast does get a lot less creepy as it goes on and starts being a little more sci-fi and action filled. The section Dan played is definitely the creepiest. It loses it’s shock factor the longer you’re immersed. Towards the end I was just like screw hiding, I’m just gonna keep running.
blackdenim
procrastinator

000dia000 wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:28 am
imgroundedagain wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:31 amAnd might I mention that they had been present to celebrate Marzia's birthday, not Felix's.
Oh, poor poor Marzia, it must be so horrible to have a racist boyfriend!
Also if people are really going to use the 'it was his GIRLFRIEND'S birthday party, they weren't even there for him' argument, I'm going to counter with the fact it was PDP's birthday this week, so the weekend was most likely a joint birthday party for both of them since why wouldn't you do that if you already had all your friends there?
thewaytobehappy
squish

I’m done with the Felix discourse. It’s such a cesspool of wank on both sides now, it no longer serves a purpose.

So yeah, first day of spooky week. I love Little Nightmares, so this was nice. I find it’s atmosphere more unsettling than outright scary though. Looking forward to what else they picked. I’d personally love to see them play Downfall or The Cat Lady. Or maybe a bit of Resident Evil 7.
liola
rankussy

I'm surprised no one has posted this. They're cute <3 wonder what they were doing out and about, that never going outside branding is truly dead
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
blackdenim
procrastinator

liola wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:33 am

I'm surprised no one has posted this. They're cute <3 wonder what they were doing out and about, that never going outside branding is truly dead
This is definitely by a big train station in London (I don't want to mention the name in case it's not allowed) so maybe they're going somewhere for a long weekend?! If so, only one backpack between them again!
rainydays
sofa crease

lol @ dan saying the other day that he wouldn't leave the house for the rest of the week :roll:
autumnhearth
senpai

Umm they can’t be going anywhere for a long weekend when they have a gaming livestream on Saturday. Dan looks so... upright. And Phil... well just look at his feet.
plath
sofa crease

thewaytobehappy wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:16 am I’m done with the Felix discourse. It’s such a cesspool of wank on both sides now, it no longer serves a purpose.
I actually agree with this. A lot of the arguments have got ridiculous and the tone is getting personal. I've said all I need/want to say on the matter - further engagement just seems to be going round in circles.

Anyway, moving on - the video was okay. I'm glad they seem to be playing actual horror games and not just like, spooky flash quizzes or something. I liked the game and the bants, but I thought the editing felt a little choppy - I found it difficult to keep up with how they'd moved from one area to another because suddenly a huge chunk was missing. I've been watching a lot of Chris's gaming livestreams recently, though, so maybe I'm just desensitized to gaming videos. I wish they'd maybe kept it 10 minutes longer, though I can understand why they wanted to get it under the 30 minute mark. I'm looking forward to seeing what tonight's upload is. I'm hoping for something with a little more story and a little more scary.

That fan picture is very cute. Everyone in it looks very happy and cute.
nope.
blackdenim
procrastinator

autumnhearth wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:53 am Umm they can’t be going anywhere for a long weekend when they have a gaming livestream on Saturday. Dan looks so... upright. And Phil... well just look at his feet.
I didn't think about that! It's also right by the YouTube London space though now I think of it, so it's more likely they were doing something there.
kindofatrashcan
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie
Pronouns: She/Her

I can't take my eyes off dan's shoes.
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

kindofatrashcan wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:20 pm
I can't take my eyes off dan's shoes.
I am only slightly less confused by that massive jacket.

By the way - since they probably won't play more of Little Nightmares - both Markiplier and Jacksepticeye have complete playthroughs (3-4 videos) of the game!
mysterylovescompany
morning quiff

Dan looks so good! :dogue: face is truly dead and buried. and I just love those ripped jeans :love2:
dailybooth
glabella

Cute <3 this made me realize that 97% of deppy fan photos are selfies. I wonder why that is? DnP (or just Dan) want to be the ones in control of taking it? Or is it so they don't look ridiculously tall next to everyone, lol. :)
:lion: :prideflag:
lishachi
eclipse shirt

Susannah wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:52 pm Dan looks so good! :dogue: face is truly dead and buried. and I just love those ripped jeans :love2:
Dan is smiling and he looks so happy which is nice, the ripped jeans are cute. But the shoes.. I'm torn... do i like them?? They're confusing me, I thought they were like slip on vans now I'm thinking they're trainers.....what are they?

Phil looks so cute. Just.....wanna.......quiff the hair.....a little bit........................

(I am hoping they play Bendy and the Ink Machine cus that game is spooky and weird and awesome. The design of the characters is super cool. Excited is an understatement...maybe they'll play it saturday? I'm trying to think what game would be good for livestreaming, it's got voice acting in it but it's pretty quiet. Or maybe Resident Evil.)
:biflag: :blackheart:
auri
Pronouns: they/them

I only just watched the video. It wasn't too scary tbh, I started it as i sas walking to school and finished it after. At some point before the 20min mark there was something funny (i can't remember what) and i laughed out loud as I was walking down the street. So i guess it was fine haha.

The fan pic is adorable, Phil's feet are a bit distracting and it's funny to me how Dan has that big, warmlooking coat and Phil has his jean jacket open. How cold is it in London? We've already had snow and very wintery weather for two weeks or so.
lilabet
philussy

auri wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:43 pm The fan pic is adorable, Phil's feet are a bit distracting and it's funny to me how Dan has that big, warmlooking coat and Phil has his jean jacket open. How cold is it in London? We've already had snow and very wintery weather for two weeks or so.
I haven’t been outside since I got to work but it’s not too cold. Phil should be fine in his jacket although it has been raining today. And then there ends the London weather update :lol:
Phandom Gives
@phandomgives on social media. Check out the website for the latest information and current donation drive! <3
marionrae
not a first-time poster

auri wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:43 pm The fan pic is adorable, Phil's feet are a bit distracting and it's funny to me how Dan has that big, warmlooking coat and Phil has his jean jacket open. How cold is it in London? We've already had snow and very wintery weather for two weeks or so.
I feel like when Dan gets a new article of clothing, he wears it immediately and frequently, regardless of the weather. :lol: Looking in the background of the pic, it also seems like most people are wearing light jackets.

Also, Dan's pose is giving me starlet on the red carpet vibes. Phil still looks hunched, as if they were posing for a selfie - probably a quirk that's hard to break after taking so many.
sarmstr2

I love it. Dan is standing up straight with his shoulders back! What great posture! YES!

I'll go away now... :love2: :love1: :number1:
sugar
eclipse shirt
Pronouns: they/them

wind: 1
dan's hair: 0

he looks really cute though. love the photo. and the shoes. i think they're high tops?
venividivicivino
smol bean

That photo is so cute! I love Stranger Things Phil because it relates to my dreams of Phil acknowledging he's a baby of the Eighties. Also I just like that jacket. Dan looks so cute and has great postured but is very bundled up and snug. I personally always love Dan's in-the-house fashion or cozy looks but he loves coats and shoes with all these strings and buttons and other parts that confuse me when I see him.
autumnhearth
senpai

I never thought I’d make timestamps for a spooky video, yet here I am. I don’t warn for all the jumps, sorry. It’s mostly just cute quotes.

0:18 “We’ve got a frickin raven.”- Phil
“Quothing in the background.”- Dan
“Quoth me up.”- Phil

2:22 “I like that it’s a scary bleak world, like the one I live in inside my mind, but the character is this little yellow glowing beacon of hope and happiness.”- a metaphor for depression

2:35 Dan tells Phil to get over his motion sickness. Such a supportive friend. Still it seems effective.

2:55 Phil is worried about splinters on their character’s bare feet while Dan insists that their “a unique person, that doesn’t need to follow the rules.”

3:30 Dan waffles about repressed dreamscape metaphors while Phil thinks it would be a great place for a slinky.

4:34 “Phil master of physics.”

5:05 “Friends!” (cute gnome interaction)

5:10 “What’s your game here Lester?”- Dan

5:33 Really cute leech land gestures (what am I typing?)

5:55 It’s “nicht” not “niet” Dan.

6:11 “Why don’t we just go back and hang out with Triangle Pete?”- Phil

6:18 “What’s more important: friendship or eating? Eating.”- Dan

6:35 “Look little gnome friend.” (I just love Dan cooing okay?)

8:38 “I don’t need you or any of your family.”- Phil

8:44 “Well done Phil.”
8:45 “That was the best leeching I’ve ever done in my entire life. That was so smooth.”- Phil says as he jumps right off the platform.
8:52 Broasting. Dan takes away the controller. But not really, apparently.

9:45 “Oh my god. Can you not exist please?”- Phil
9:50 “Whomst are you?”- Dan

9:55 “This is actually his third leg... like Rapunzel.”
I get the Rapunzel imagery... but I don’t need to picture the prince climbing up a penis. Thanks Phil.

10:10 Rat. What kind of accent are you trying to do Dan? Is that Austrian?

10:20 “Who would like, wanna poo next to each other?”- Phil.
I’m so glad that this is where he draws the line for personal space.

10:35 The groaning/moaning. Phil turned it more sexual than Dan.

10:55 Queue the big bad and Dan screaming.

11:29 “frusjabuhbuhfuh!”- Dan

11:33 “Maybe he just wants a hug.”- Phil
“No he wanted to crush us to death.”- Dan

11:50 Phil’s little “eee”s and their shushes.
“You’ve spat all over the tv.”- Phil
“I was scared okay?”-Dan

12:30 “I’m back. I needed the rat. A little rat relief.”- Rat (looking this over before posting and realized I meant Dan. That wasn’t even intentional, and my autocorrect wants to capitalize Rat now.)

13:00 “Omnomnomnom.”- Phil
“See any friend that gives you food, that’s what true friendship is.”- Dan

15:30 “At least he died doing something important.”- Phil
“Exactly. His life had worth, helping us pull this lever, which is not going to do anything nice.”- Dan

17:30 The room of shoes is probably the creepiest part and it has nothing to do with foot fetishes.

19:17 “Jesus wept.”- Dan

20:35 “Lets just live under the floorboards.”- Phil
“With the little monkey. I’m sure that will be fine from now on.”- Dan
(Why does this sound like a cute domestic arrangement to me?)

20:45 “what the fuck is he doing?” sounds adorable when whispered.

20:55 Salad Fingers reference

21:09 “What do you reckon he’s got under that trench coat?”- Dan
“Fiivve hands.”- Phil, creepily wiggling his finger.
“That’s the most disturbing thing you’ve ever said.”- Dan

21:40 They get so excited about their monkey plan.
Phil whispering “go, go, go. run.”
And then it all falls apart and ends in screaming.

22:33 “I want death.” -Dan x2

22:45 “what do we do?”- Phil (I just love the whispering I’m sorry.)

23:10 Jesus wept again

23:13 I’m surprised Dan didn’t say “fetish” in his scared rant about the clocks.

23:50 “Oh my god. Oh my god. How did he get up there?”- Phil
“How’d you *think* Phil, he’s got the freakin longest arms in the whole universe.”- Dan

24:05 I just love all the whispering here... about monkeys...

24:34 “Now I reckon I have to go *down*?”- Dan
“*Yeah*”- Phil (why the heck is the way they both inflect those words so frigging cute? I don’t understand.)

24:48 “Oh My God. Okay. Okay. I want death. And I feel like- it’s coming for me.”- Dan

26:16 “Okay, I’m feeling good. I’m f- *rude*. Woo! So, uh, this might be the end of the chapter then.”- Dan
“Yeah.”- Phil
“Or something, I mean this has been- bloody arm. *gasp* NOO!”- Dan
“There was no warning for that one.”- Phil

26:33 “I blame the *rat* for that one.”- Dan.
“That was definitely the rat.”- Phil

27:17 Suspiciously cute close up on Dan as they figure things out

28:02 Shriek at the final jump scare

28:33 “Is that going to give you some big nightmares?”- Dan
“Yesss.” Phil
“I’m gonna have some *thicc* nightmares.”- Dan
“Those hands, grabbing me in the night.”- Phil

It’s okay just leave that fuzzy jumper on Dan and I’m sure you can cuddle.
It was interesting watching the ls directly after last night. It felt more like spending an evening with them. And gave me a bit of perspective on their energy. :blackcat: ;ghost; :hugbw: :pumpkinphil: :skeleton:
katemko
delia smith

Dan somehow both looks like Sherlock and a middle-aged mom having a mid-life crisis.
i'm so funny. i am the funniest person in the world. ryan gosling finds me hilarious. i'm in a submarine.