Dan & Phil Part 58: Come in my lady door

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

That was so funny, they’re both such sneaky sneks. Phil even got one in at the end there. There’s a lot going on to keep track of with both of them running around through different rooms, I couldn’t quite keep up, but the bants were good and seeing them get jumpscared was hilarious. Dan was half out of the chair twice, either he’s got calmer or got a more stable chair.

Those shoes are the ugliest I’ve seen of his yet (most are just a bit boring) and what a price :shock: I’m still enjoying Phil’s grey ones with green laces, they’re an unusual colour.
parallel
phabergé
Pronouns: she/her

• "oh, it literally looked like that?" sjdksjkdsjkd @ dan's instinctive need to have Friendly Bants w phil
  • "i've got the frickin orb" idk what has gotten into phil lately but im digging it
  • "hooo!" wtf are they even doing, nerds
  • "i can't belORB this" hi did i mention i love phil
  • "‎if I don't get an orb soon I'm calling the police"
  • "what the fffflip" #LetPhilSwear2k17
  • ‎them laughing @ jumpscaring each other aww
  • "‎im gonna get you, lester" (me, dead, on the floor, crying)
  • "yes! take me home orb daddy" what the fuck why is phil being so wild,,? i think dan is a bad influence, phil needs a new bf
  • dan nearly falling off his chair was some Good Shit
  • "that was tasty. that was delicious" sjdksjkdjskjs phiiiiiil
  • phils fond smile @ dan winning makes me :))
  • YES PHIL JUMPSCARE HIM AGAIN ON BEHALF OF ALL OF US
  • ‎danisinhischair
Overall, an okay video. I didn't really like the game but I like the chill mood they've got going on and I like how cosy and intimate the video felt, as if they were just playing the game casually and I just generally got a fly-on-the-wall vibe, even if it was a little boring. Not the best, not the worst. Probably won't rewatch it.
onceinaugust
rainbow nerd

This is one spooky game I could actually see myself playing...not completely terrifying, but could be extra scary if you get the Trump mask going.
Also....thanks to Dan showing his steam username onscreen...I may have seen that they have both spent some time playing Golf with your Friends today. Haunted course incoming soon? Although they haven't gotten the achievement for playing a game on that course yet.
"You loved it, you want to do it more."
"Alright"
alch
ar·tic·u·late

This was a pretty nice video. Honestly, I wish they would play something that's like, hardcore creepy, since the ones they've done so far haven't really seemed that bad to me.

At least one outlast-caliber game by the end of the week, please.
Stakhanov
haru pillow
Pronouns: he / him

Catallena wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:30 pm
Stakhanov wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:04 pm
I have to give you a fair word of warning though, taking the postion that using certain words shouldn't be censored has led to multiple people that i've met on this forum blocking me, even while we often discussed many (Dan and Phil related) topics in our group chat. Apparently, for those people I am no longer to be associated with. So i wouldn't count on being able to have a frank and honest debate, just so you know what you're getting into :ribena:
For the fucking record, you coming at me with opinions I didn't ask for right after you publicly dragged kuenssuki for blocking you was really just the last drop. I should have blocked you when you thought sending me this video right after I said something on Twitter about my tokophobia and how huge pregnant bellies and births were my personal hell was funny. But I didn't. I didn't even say anything because I was kinda afraid other members would maybe react badly towards me and you would probably have given me the same speech about context and humor as you did yesterday when you came into my mentions about Felix. Kinda makes sense why you thought that shit you pulled on me was funny if this is the hill you wanna die on. Birds of a feather or something like that.

I simply realized I don't owe you a conversation and that you're an asshole. That's all. Next.
gohomohowell wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:06 am Only came to say that Catallena's roast of troll user had me in fits of laughter (is the first gif of an actress from the show Fight My Way? If not, she looks a lot like her)
Thank you. It's not an actress in the gif, it's ex Girls' Generation member Jessica.
Hi Catallena,

For the fucking record

Believe it or not, I wasn't even thinking about you. We don't know each other well at all, our interactions were limited to a couple of tweets. I wasn't aware you were that impacted to my link, if you were afraid to block me, well, good for you that you conquered that fear I guess. I care more about Kuensukki, because i thought (well I still think) that she's a good person, who's achieved a lot. My intentions was not to drag her, as you say. She send me a DM. Said that she wanted to say goodbye and didn't want to associate with me anymore, because she's read parts of discussion that was going on in a private slack group where a lot of forum members here are active. I wish i could have talked to her, but she blocked me, so, feeling quite sad and livid about the situation, i tweeted how i found it ironic that she blocked me for enforcing beliefs. That's not who I am, that's not what i stand for. I have spent my life arguing endlessly against racism, getting politically involved in parties that try to stop the wave of right wing extremism in Europe. I've protested with Antifa against racsim, I'm inspired by my friends who devoted their life against discrimination working for NGO's.
I've lost a fucking friend to malaria who was gliding into a depression and refused to take her medication and just drank all day, because she was working for an NGO in Liberia at the time of the Ebola outbreak and she saw people she worked with in villages only a couple tens of km's away die, feeling helpless about the situation and how unequal the world can be. I've ONLY EVER believed in all of our common humanity. Human rights. Freedom and equality, regardless of race, faith, sexual orientation or political beliefs.
Just want to say that you know nothing of me or what I stand for at all.

This discussion has hit me hard, it came unexpected. Not that people vehemently disagreed with my point of view, but that plenty were ready to drop me for this slight that apparently makes me an Evil Person. I may try to say it undramatic, in my verbose preachy language that you hate, but that doesn't mean that I'm affected by it. Group dynamics and exclusion making me feel isolated and different, it's not new to me.
I think you and others should know that I reported your post for personal attacks and slur that you launched against me. As it stands now, with you calling me asshole judged ok and not needed to be edited or removed, i say to others who might trust that the rules of the forum get applied equally, that i don't feel that the way at all. I've talked with Jesp/ Alex and tried to point out my view politely and rationally but apparently i have to suck it up and it was to be expected that people would attack me, under mod tag or not.

I'll refrain from calling you names, but I'll just say that you're quite judgemental, calling me an asshole on the one hand, yet condemning me, not for calling you a slur, not for even saying the slur in the discussion this is all based on and you like to rub into me, but on the basis of i guess some tweets or parts of the hours long discussion that i had with some people in chat and that found it's way to the broader internet.
So yea, to the people who might consider speaking their mind about this or related issues, you better know that there's no room here for (an attempt at) nuanced political discussion about language in social contexts.
I hope, as this is my only way to talk to the community i've come to know (through) here, that my post doens't get censored. But idk. I'm at wit's end, and feel like i'm defeated no matter how hard i try to argue in a civil way.
Finding my own inarticulate prose
Weirding out strangers and laughing at those
Jaundiced and jaded, postured and posed
Not that we’re special it’s just that we’re
Closing in on a place where we might get to be
Living real people regularly
jaej
moon room
Pronouns: he/they/idm

my name is jaejmine masters and i have something to say. dan and phil have fucked up japan :japhan:
phil lester threw the first brick at stonewall, we love a queer icon :biflag:
parallel
phabergé

liola wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:33 am

I'm surprised no one has posted this. They're cute <3 wonder what they were doing out and about, that never going outside branding is truly dead
Why do they look like a random couple you'd see walking down the street? Idk why it has that vibe, but I feel like you'd just go out for a walk and then see a couple that looks just like that, lmao
lishachi
eclipse shirt

Ablissa wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:58 pm
blackdenim wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:46 pm
Ewok wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:27 pm

I'm surprised no one has posted this. They're cute <3 wonder what they were doing out and about, that never going outside branding is truly dead
After some lurking about on Tumblr, I found out that these are £640 shoes. Damn. Dan has such expensive taste, it always blows my mind... I could never imagine spending that much money on a pair of shoes. Wow. I'm not a fan of those shoes, but Dan looks confident so :love2: And then there's Phil in his beat up vans, he's so cute lmao I just love them.

http://www.selfridges.com/GB/en/cat/ric ... bute=Black

(Sorry for ugly/wonky formatting, on mobile)
Goddamn are those definitely the exact shoes!? I swear I just saw identical ones in Zara for £34.99 this afternoon. The life of a YouTube millionaire!
That's almost 2 months worth of rent for me. Can Dan donate just one of those shoes (one shoe, not pair) and help me pay my rent plz? :lol:
Boredom, curiosity...you name it, but I searched the Zara website for similar ones:

https://www.zara.com/uk/en/stretch-plim ... &v2=269244
^pic under spoiler as it is big

They are... £30....... I feel like this would be Phils version of those shoes :lol: I had a hard time justifying buying a pair of Doc Martens for £115, but I know they'll last me forever. But £640?! Damn son. Idk what Selfridges is or the quality of stuff from there but yeah. Maybe they'll become the new zipper shoes? (Or whatever he used to wear alot.) I sometimes forget they are millionaires.
:biflag: :blackheart:
Ilovethemohyesido
living flop

emerald wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:04 pm

Why do they look like a random couple you'd see walking down the street? Idk why it has that vibe, but I feel like you'd just go out for a walk and then see a couple that looks just like that, lmao
That's such an adorable picture!! They look so happy in it, particularly Dan

I like the game, especially they couldnt stop touching each other. It wasn't scary but it was very fun, though.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Anyone have a guess as to what game he's referencing there?
relatablemood
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

rizzo wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:58 pm Wuddup. It's your local "former" Jonas Brothers fan dropping this video in here and suggesting you watch Nick J's comment at 2:37.

:rofl: "A friend."
I feel like we just got mildly roasted here :lol: 'is London a term for something' I can't :rofl:
i want dan's hair and phil's hips
malday
emo goose

alittledizzy wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:48 pm Anyone have a guess as to what game he's referencing there?
Golf with friends? :lol:
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

tl;dr but you gotta love the foe list. :thumb:

Anyway.

I really liked that video, it's really the type of game that brings out the best in their love/hate dynamic that they got going on during DvsP. Constant banter with a side of love and support. I was a bit nervous over the jumpscares but they were more funny than anything (but if you're concentrating on playing I can understand getting spooked) so it was fine. Nothing nightmare inducing. It's only the real horror game type of jump scares that get to me. This had more of a friendly spooky atmosphere which is nice. :ghostclaps:

I'm happy they dimmed the lights, it really does add something to these videos.
rizzo wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:58 pm Wuddup. It's your local "former" Jonas Brothers fan dropping this video in here and suggesting you watch Nick J's comment at 2:37.

:rofl: "A friend."
lmao way to bring that back :') #dickisreal
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
Brack
tol bean

emerald wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:04 pm

Ahh I'm glad this photo was finally posted! It was actually the morning they came back from Brighton (so Sunday) as I actually witnessed it being taken lol. The girl recognised and stopped them near the station.
Phil's was the same T-shirt as in his newest video so the reality probably was that he filmed that all on Sunday and put it out the next day
& I mentioned in the last thread about how cute they looked when candid, this is kind of what I meant haha. they gave off such couple vibes :lol: bless

Anyway, the gaming video was fun! Love them just getting friendly revenge on eachother and all the elbowing dan was doing whenever he got Proper Spooked :lol:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Brack wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:25 pmAhh I'm glad this photo was finally posted! It was actually the morning they came back from Brighton (so Sunday) as I actually witnessed it being taken lol. The girl recognised and stopped them near the station.
Phil's was the same T-shirt as in his newest video so the reality probably was that he filmed that all on Sunday and put it out the next day
& I mentioned in the last thread about how cute they looked when candid, this is kind of what I meant haha. they gave off such couple vibes :lol: bless
Okay, I'm still amazed at them traveling out of one backpack.
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

alittledizzy wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:48 pm Anyone have a guess as to what game he's referencing there?
I'm assuming it was for golf with friends? he's changed it back to whatever the original name it was anyway, as people were probably already trying to add him as a friend on steam lol
Ilovethemohyesido
living flop

I do wonder now that all those other board games that were shown during their LS or videos were actually theirs or BigPotato gave them to D&P to promote the videos by placing them in their videos. I'm talking about the First Dates videos that suddenly show up in their shelves. I know they have played Obama Lama and Bucket of Doom but the "First Dates" one was shown after they were making their own board games.

I know they never promoted it or anything like that but phandom research every single thing that looks new or unknown, which is truth since when someone found it, people talked for a while about the board game itself.
pastelspectre
stress mushroom
Pronouns: he/him

i liked the new video! im glad it was a dan vs phil. it was a cute video and tbh i got spooked a few times ngl. overall cute video and i loved the bants they had. looking forward to the next spooky gaming video they do tomorrow!
:transheart:
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

I loved today's video! I know spooky week is only 2 days in, but I think it's a strong start. So far, the games are legitimately spooky, even if today's was a bit silly. Dan's evil laugh honestly brought a much-needed smile to my face and Phil's been particularly feisty lately, which I thoroughly appreciate.

Looking forward to the days to come... Hopefully we get something genuinely terrifying.

Brack wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:25 pm Ahh I'm glad this photo was finally posted! It was actually the morning they came back from Brighton (so Sunday) as I actually witnessed it being taken lol. The girl recognised and stopped them near the station.
Can I ask a silly question? IDK how close you were to the picture-taking, but if you were nearby, did they ask that it be posted at a later time? I find it curious that some fan photos get posted days later. Could be coincidental, but....

:tinfoil:

I also turn everything into a conspiracy theory, so that could be it too.
hello9217
flower crown

I just read an article saying the BBC radio breakfast show is at its lowest ratings. I wonder if they would ever ask deppy to come back? :shrug:
obvsly
#relatable

The jumpscare video was really nice and fun.
But I'm not sure what google was trying to tell me... :shrug:

kay
phabergé

rizzo wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:18 am
Brack wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:25 pm Ahh I'm glad this photo was finally posted! It was actually the morning they came back from Brighton (so Sunday) as I actually witnessed it being taken lol. The girl recognised and stopped them near the station.
Can I ask a silly question? IDK how close you were to the picture-taking, but if you were nearby, did they ask that it be posted at a later time? I find it curious that some fan photos get posted days later. Could be coincidental, but....

I've always wondered this too.

But I tinfoil hat it all the time too so I was keeping this to myself lmao
Brack
tol bean

rizzo wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:18 am

Unfortunately I had to walk past as I decided it would be a tad creepy to stand there and watch someone have their photo taken :? so nope, didn't get to hear what they said afterwards...though they were stopped a couple of times so if another picture surfaces soon...:tinfoil:
lurker
janice from the shop
Pronouns: they/them

how i see the pdp issue after a few days is the following: when i started watching dnp, everything i found out about that would have irked me was something that happened years ago. and in perfect honesty, it's nice to get into watching two white male twenty-something content creators and be only pleasantly surprised. that video with the problematic jokes you stumble upon while going through all of their uploads? it's there, it would have upset you if it was uploaded today, but it's old, and look, it was unlisted with a short explanation to it. so i'm not bothered at all -- it makes me feel like i'm witnessing character growth in action, and also, looking back at 2008-2012 me, who am i to judge. i suppose there might be an element of being self-righteous because i'm stanning such good and unproblematic people. like heck, i turned off adblock for you.

then people on here are, say, upset about the japhan merch, and i'm sooooo inclined to make excuses for myself saying that they just don't know better. it's a good thing that we talk about how criticism doesn't equal demonisation or assuming a malicious intent. the thing that irks me the most about the whole pdp situation, however, is that i might think the same if i was a more casual viewer. see: if i only watched their main channel vids, i wouldn't even have noticed. if i watched their ls, i'd have been slightly disappointed, but would have said, they're there for pj and sophie, alright, it's not my business to police who they're meeting up with, and dan said he'd talk to felix. alright. then if i was a bit less casual and hung out on twitter or tumblr, i might have seen marzia's photo flying around, and i'd have been bothered, but i still would have assumed that they only stopped by for a visit at marzia's (since i have no idea what he their house looks like). joke's on me though: i hang out in a forum of sleuths (no offence y'all) and now i'm blessed with the knowledge that the weekend went very much differently. and yes, that's probably my own fault, and no, i don't think dnp owe us full disclosure about how and with whom they spend their time. we don't know what they genuinely think about pdp and marzia or why they like them or if that talk ever happened etc, the issue is an issue in the first place because it sends a message to their audience. but now deppy's behaviour in the whole thing signals to me that they are fully aware that people might disapprove or be genuinely and rightfully upset. and that makes me a lot less inclined to assume that they "just didn't know better" etc regarding anything else.

i suppose that's not a bad thing per se if it leads to critical and controversial discussion. it also doesn't negate the good things they're doing, which i can still appreciate or be fond of, but in turn the good things shouldn't be used as a measure to weigh against them publicly hanging out with a racist. (and, yes, maybe they do see felix as a friend, maybe that talk did happen, etc, but imo that's irrelevant for the discussion, which is about what was signalled to their audience, and they could have made a short but clear statement saying "we don't condone his behaviour" or not been in the picture, etc etc etc this has all been said before.) dan being outspoken about mental health is good, and them publicly hanging out with pdp is bad, and the two things are not inherently related.

dnp don't have any obligation to be be outspoken about social issues, and it's not something i expect when watching their content. yeah, it would be nice if phil liked more than a women's march dog on twitter, but i won't hold it against him, and i can even appreciate it and think it's nice, as long as he doesn't get praised to oblivion for a simple click. i came here for relatable jokes and entertainment, after all, and i have agency over my online experience and can decide to follow other people who are outspoken about social issues. but right now, the need to speak up stems from their own actions, which could have easily been avoided in multiple ways.
thank's you were great
000dia000
emo goose

Question: how would everybody feel on the matter if deppy uploaded a collab with Melix this week, or even on PDP's channel? The more I think about it, it seems more likely.
:cactus: