Dan & Phil Part 58: Come in my lady door

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie
Pronouns: she/her

autumnhearth wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:36 pm Oh my god. Dan did say he was excited about an article of clothing. Well spotted malday. My hopes are so high now. Can they wear matching black ripped skinny jeans too? :pumpkinphil:
The matching skinny jeans as well - now that'd be the real dream. :ghostclaps: :ghostclaps: :ghostclaps:
alch
ar·tic·u·late

malday wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:33 pm They said they added a challenge to the baking video, i'm thinking they'll wear that twin pumpkin sweater people kept suggesting for Phil's video.
Um, yes please
Especially with non-dominant hands.
Honestly, I don't think they'll ever top monster pops, but this'll be good. Baking videos are always fun, so I'm excited
Ewok
rainbow nerd

malday wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:33 pm They said they added a challenge to the baking video, i'm thinking they'll wear that twin pumpkin sweater people kept suggesting for Phil's video.
Oh no, now that I've seen this my hopes have skyrocketed. Fml. I want this. Like someone else mentioned, pandering to the nth degree, but... the heart wants what it wants. :love2:

The Jason video imo was entertaining, but not my fav of spooky week so far. Them talking about "camp" experiences during Dan's last round was pretty cute. I also find it endearing that Dan has no problem trolling around in the chat and making a total ass out of himself... talking to other people in multiplayer games gives me INTENSE anxiety haha.

Any guesses to what tomorrow's game will be? Didn't they hint at it being actually scary? :)
»»-————𝓯𝓵𝓸𝓹𝓹𝔂 𝓭𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓭𝓸𝓷𝓰————-««
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

So serious in the first lot. The one with his hands over his eyes is too cute. Good flash of pants too ;)
SquishPhan
capita£ester

flarequake wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:06 pm So serious in the first lot. Good flash of pants too ;)
These pics are great. :rofl: :rofl:
apathy
sad dimple

flarequake wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:06 pm So serious in the first lot. The one with his hands over his eyes is too cute. Good flash of pants too ;)
I can actually hear Dan's voice in the background of this photo sequence telling Phil he needs to put his arms down right now.
That's my socializing quota for the month up.
liola
rankussy

The forum is acting up for me but OH MY GOD that jumper. Please please I would cry :garbage: when did Dan say he was excited about an article of clothing?

Also when did they say baking would be on Monday? I mean, what's the point of spooky week if there isn't a peak on actual Halloween? I'm confused I missed a lot.

The live stream was really nice, the game would be very tense to play irl. I kept thinking what if they left their Mic open and the other people heard them? I'd think I was listening in on an old married couple bickering and also would hate my life for how loud Dan is
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
SquishPhan
capita£ester

:lol: Truly a piece of art.
parallel
phabergé

apathy wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:10 pmImage
I can actually hear Dan's voice in the background of this photo sequence telling Phil he needs to put his arms down right now.
Oh my god, same.

P.S. Dan complains about Phil not being able to take pictures, but has he seen Phil's photos of Dan? If anything, Dan needs to step up his game and give us more quality Phil pics.
sugar
eclipse shirt
Pronouns: they/them

god i missed the whole discussion but i'm shamefuuly bringing it back. they need to wear that joint sweater. i'm expecting it now. my hopes are up and they won't be coming back down.

also wondering when dan mentioned the article of clothing though. was it when they talked about the baking in the stream. my broken arm has me feeling extremely lazy so does anyone have a timestamp? :lol:

also, tbh, if they use their dominant hands i can see them doing it without too much trouble. they're so in tune with each other that i'm sure they could manage much better than two regular people.
susan2
rainbow nerd

liola wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:20 pm when did Dan say he was excited about an article of clothing?
awsugar wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2017 2:17 am also wondering when dan mentioned the article of clothing though. was it when they talked about the baking in the stream. my broken arm has me feeling extremely lazy so does anyone have a timestamp? :lol:
It was in his Autumn livestream at 4:03 -
dailybooth
glabella
Pronouns: She/Her

SquishPhan wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:35 pm :lol: Truly a piece of art.
why am I so endeared by his shaky hands? :love2: Although, while they're shaking with the battery, he does manage to keep the phone camera pretty steady.
:lion: :prideflag:
pastelspectre
stress mushroom
Pronouns: he/him

That livestream was good! The game freaked me out and I could never ever see myself playing it, mostly because just watching Dip and Dot play it made me nervous enough. I liked it though and I look forward to the next spooky week video! Unless this is their last one?
:transheart:
alch
ar·tic·u·late

My prayers for a hardcore horror game have been answered. This one was pretty good today, and tomorrow there's going to be another serious one.
Ready for my yearly dose of nightmares
auri
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

I catched it on live and it was? Good. I liked it. It didn't seem too scary tbh, but i would never be able to play it myself :D

I hope the challenge they put in with the baking isn't something that puts attention away from, yknow, Deppy baking. Gaah I'm in a hurry, hopefully you get what i mean. (I'm leaving for a hike for three days so see you after baking i guess)
Stakhanov
haru pillow
Pronouns: he / him

auri wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:09 am I catched it on live and it was? Good. I liked it. It didn't seem too scary tbh, but i would never be able to play it myself :D

I hope the challenge they put in with the baking isn't something that puts attention away from, yknow, Deppy baking. Gaah I'm in a hurry, hopefully you get what i mean. (I'm leaving for a hike for three days so see you after baking i guess)
Yea i get what you mean i had the same reaction the moment Dan said that in the stream. I sure don't watch them for the element of competition. But it's all in the implementation, if it's done right, it might even enhance the video. And i think it might make it a bit more bearable for themselves. I've got the feeling that they don't like just being monkeys that get watched for being cute and gay all the time. It's sort of where there youtube is at, it's what keeps some of the audience engaged and they are quite willing to "give the people what they want", but I sense that's not how they would want things to be. So in that regard, if they can bring in an element of competition besides the predictable sexual innuendo an some playful touches and stares i'm happy they do it.

The spooky week video's have been fun :D Little nightmares was the only game that was good and it engaged me the most. The jason thing (not familiar with the franchise) so far I thought was the least interesting video. At some points, it was so glaringly obvious that they were trying to get killed or get chased that it took the fun out of the game for me. I also didn't really feel they were that scared ever :shrug: ? The little shriek by Phil when the lightening struck was funny, but Phil kind of shrieks at everything in the last vids, for added dramatic effect no doubt :lol:
Finding my own inarticulate prose
Weirding out strangers and laughing at those
Jaundiced and jaded, postured and posed
Not that we’re special it’s just that we’re
Closing in on a place where we might get to be
Living real people regularly
liola
rankussy

I'm still very very confused on why Dan would post the Halloween baking video on Monday, when the others have been posted exactly on the 31st. It makes no sense to me?

Especially because I really doubt he's doing a live show next week so having a video going up right on Halloween would be perfect. I'm very confused.
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
Stakhanov
haru pillow

Hard to say. My two cents: I don't really think they care about uploading it exactly. It's not like they have a real schedule, and they have a loyal audience that will watch it anyway whether it's posted on 30 October or November 6.
Also, idk about the UK, but Halloween is primarily a U.S. holiday (even though it's making strides in other parts of the world too), and here the 31st and 1st November are (christian) holidays and traditionally it's a time when many families meet and remember dead relatives, often visiting the graveyards where they are burried. So, maybe they have family plans ?
Idk though it could be a zillion reasons or none but I don't really see why it would make much of a difference.
Puffy
drama llama

Stakhanov wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:25 am Hard to say. My two cents: I don't really think they care about uploading it exactly. It's not like they have a real schedule, and they have a loyal audience that will watch it anyway whether it's posted on 30 October or November 6.
Also, idk about the UK, but Halloween is primarily a U.S. holiday (even though it's making strides in other parts of the world too), and here the 31st and 1st November are (christian) holidays and traditionally it's a time when many families meet and remember dead relatives, often visiting the graveyards where they are burried. So, maybe they have family plans ?
Idk though it could be a zillion reasons or none but I don't really see why it would make much of a difference.
That sounds like a really nice tradition of going to remember relatives but I'm so sorry, I have to be a pedantic ... pedant... and say it's primarily an Irish holiday, it came from Ireland and it rubs me up the wrong way when people from the US say it's American holiday :shame:

I do think in the UK it's bonfire night that takes the precedent over Halloween but feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, UK folk!
Stakhanov
haru pillow

Puffy wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:41 am
Stakhanov wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:25 am Hard to say. My two cents: I don't really think they care about uploading it exactly. It's not like they have a real schedule, and they have a loyal audience that will watch it anyway whether it's posted on 30 October or November 6.
That sounds like a really nice tradition of going to remember relatives but I'm so sorry, I have to be a pedantic ... pedant... and say it's primarily an Irish holiday, it came from Ireland and it rubs me up the wrong way when people from the US say it's American holiday :shame:

I do think in the UK it's bonfire night that takes the precedent over Halloween but feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, UK folk!
Oh thanks, I didn't even know that! Get out your pitchforks that's clear cultural appropriation by The U.S. of a proud Irish tradition :lol:
It is a nice tradition, though personally in our direct family we don't celebrate it. We like to remember the peope we hold dear in our own way, in our own time. In that sense, we prefer to visit the graves at a time when they aren't full of people doing the same, with the flower vendors standing right at the gates of the graveyards and .. eh it's just a preference. It's a nice tradition for those who hold it dear, imo.

Your comment made me wonder if D&P privately care much about Halloween, or bonfire night and what is tradtion in the UK (and if their families follow it). Dan has recently said in his video about depression that his uncle died, could they maybe have plans to remember them or is there totally no association people make between this time of the year and deceased relatives in the uk :? How are things in Ireland?
goldenmermaid
drama llama

Stakhanov wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:07 pm Oh thanks, I didn't even know that! Get out your pitchforks that's clear cultural appropriation by The U.S. of a proud Irish tradition :lol:
It is a nice tradition, though personally in our direct family we don't celebrate it. We like to remember the peope we hold dear in our own way, in our own time. In that sense, we prefer to visit the graves at a time when they aren't full of people doing the same, with the flower vendors standing right at the gates of the graveyards and .. eh it's just a preference. It's a nice tradition for those who hold it dear, imo.

Your comment made me wonder if D&P privately care much about Halloween, or bonfire night and what is tradtion in the UK (and if their families follow it). Dan has recently said in his video about depression that his uncle died, could they maybe have plans to remember them or is there totally no association people make between this time of the year and deceased relatives in the uk :? How are things in Ireland?
Halloween is actually really big in the uk! like, everyone dresses up and there are parties and most kids go trick or treating :pumpkin: There is also no association with deceased relatives so unlikely they have those sorts of plans.
Birdie
blobfish

Halloween is big in the UK, yes. Some wicked parties going on. And then a few days later you do it all again for Guy Fawkes Night. :D They aren't religious holidays though. The first of November is All Saints' Day but I personally don't know anyone who celebrates that. Halloween is actually pretty big in most Western European countries and has been since I was a child so it's not even that recent. At least I remember going trick or treating in Germany as well when I was little.
grenadine
crusty sponge

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/All_Saint ... prov=sfla1

For those interested and for context. ;)
parallel
phabergé

I've never heard of the dead relatives tradition! I get the feeling that Halloween is nowhere near as popular here than in the US, because I was surprised at first when I saw that teenagers and adults were dressing up for Halloween. Here, Halloween is just where, when it gets dark, little kids (like under 8-9s) dress up in something spooky (like as a skeleton, not as a fictional character, another thing I found weird when I saw Americans celebrating Halloween) and go trick-or-treating. But that's about it. Bonfire Night isn't that huge either, you just go somewhere local to see fireworks and that's it. But most western countries seem to be following America in making October all ~spooky~, as well as international sites doing Halloween-themed events seems to be helping.
Stakhanov
haru pillow

Halloween is such an interesting holiday, it's meaning and popularity seems to really morph trough time and vary. That's true of all traditions, but with Halloween, it seems to be influenced heavily by this vague general commercial notion of what Halloween is. Trick-or-treating for example isn't actually done much in most of Belgium. I've only once had a group of kids knocking at my door, and it was sort of sad because they were the only group going around and I didn't have any candy and nobody really stocks up for it. Yet when I look at the catalogs that toy stores send through mail, it's full of trick-or treating kids. And then there's all the "halloween specials" of (mostly american) TV shows, and there's more and more of "Halloween walks" in parks and Halloween nights at theme parks. It's going to be interesting to see how this pans out and which holiday is going to be the main focus in people's minds here.

Now ~Spooky week~ is coming to a conclusion I've got some high expectations for the baking vid. The last one, you know, only divided the kosmos into a "pre" and "post" -baking universe, so this really has to be from another dimension to compete with last years' vid :lol: What do ya'll think would be the recipe they go for? I'm hoping for something with a lot of sugar ;)