Dan & Phil Part 59: the literal other half

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
rainydays
sofa crease
Pronouns: she/her

well, I got my answer :lol:
you guys were right, Martyn is in Florida..

EDIT: I put the picture under spoiler because it's not a dan or phil pic
loonyradish
living flop

LtrllySusan wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:40 pm Since there isn't so much going on right now, I was wondering if you guys had any more correlation requests for the Dan and Phil survey. I've been asked to help out and have been crunching the numbers for a while now, and the results look very promising and interesting, and I'm looking forward to sharing them :D For example, respondents who are active in forums are on average two years older than the rest of the phandom, and people who send premium messages on YouNow are significantly younger than those who do not.

Here's the list that I am currently working on (https://danandphilsurvey.tumblr.com/correlations ) and here are the questions that were asked (https://danandphilsurvey.tumblr.com/question-list-2017 ). If you'd like to hear about any connections, let me know! I am sure you guys would have some interesting requests.
That's so interesting! Thank you (and the others) for analyzing all the results! <3
I'm not sure if it's already on the list (I searched for it, but couldn't find it), but the correlation between "Which channel did you discover first" and "whose content do you prefer" could be interesting?

Oh, and do you know when the first results will be published (approximately)?
fancybum
senpai

rainydays wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:42 pm well, I got my answer :lol:

I need to find some kind of distant cousin of theirs to snag and marry into the family to get in on these bi-yearly vacations. I'm doing life wrong. But I kind of hope Dan didn't go and will do a liveshow on Tuesday so we can get another glimpse of 'home alone and weird about it (but not in a bad way, it's ok)'!Dan.

Speaking of Dan, here's an always relevant quote from his Aug 8 liveshow:
38:25 “Do I have a secret twitter? No. I say this all the time but I'll say it again, why not: I don’t have any secret [social media accounts]— the only websites I have accounts on are the ones linked in my video descriptions, so if you’re talking to someone claiming to be me, and it's not linked to my video description, it’s actually a 72 year old man wearing a thong in a basement that wants to skin you, then wear your skin, and dab wearing your skin [etc]”
So. you know. maybe instead of talking to a probable 72yr old man in a thong who wants to skin you, just go watch Stranger Things or something instead. Just a suggestion?
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
liola
rankussy

fancybum wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:07 pm

I need to find some kind of distant cousin of theirs to snag and marry into the family to get in on these bi-yearly vacations. I'm doing life wrong. But I kind of hope Dan didn't go and will do a liveshow on Tuesday so we can get another glimpse of 'home alone and weird about it (but not in a bad way, it's ok)'!Dan.

38:25 “Do I have a secret twitter? No. I say this all the time but I'll say it again, why not: I don’t have any secret [social media accounts]— the only websites I have accounts on are the ones linked in my video descriptions, so if you’re talking to someone claiming to be me, and it's not linked to my video description, it’s actually a 72 year old man wearing a thong in a basement that wants to skin you, then wear your skin, and dab wearing your skin [etc]”
So. you know. maybe instead of talking to a probable 72yr old man in a thong who wants to skin you, just go watch Stranger Things or something instead. Just a suggestion?
If you find that distant cousin and they got a brother pls hit me up cause I'm DEFINITELY doing life wrong and wouldn't mind doing life wrong in a fancy house in Florida lol
going to hide it just in case someone cares enough, I feel like I'm the only one invested in this kind of drama right now :lol:

The account is apparently going to delete tonight but are still posting. They posted two audio clips, it def sounds like someone who is either trying to imitate Dan or ripped the sound off his videos. I'll share the tweets here in case anyone is interested (I also saved the audio just in case) lol idk how some people have this much time tbh
So Phil in Bryony's instagram story? Def not in Florida I'd say! Which is almost as weird, maybe he's going there in a couple of days?
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
fancybum
senpai

liola wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:26 pm So Phil in Bryony's instagram story? Def not in Florida I'd say! Which is almost as weird, maybe he's going there in a couple of days?
Plot twist: Dan's in Florida and Phil stayed behind :lol:
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
AroboticPhil
sad dimple
Pronouns: she

fancybum wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:32 pm
liola wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:26 pm So Phil in Bryony's instagram story? Def not in Florida I'd say! Which is almost as weird, maybe he's going there in a couple of days?
dartyn rise :stan:
liola
rankussy

fancybum wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:32 pm
Plot twist: Dan is dating Martyn. while Cornelia is dating Phil. :mrgreen:

alch
ar·tic·u·late

LtrllySusan wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:40 pm Since there isn't so much going on right now, I was wondering if you guys had any more correlation requests for the Dan and Phil survey. I've been asked to help out and have been crunching the numbers for a while now, and the results look very promising and interesting, and I'm looking forward to sharing them :D For example, respondents who are active in forums are on average two years older than the rest of the phandom, and people who send premium messages on YouNow are significantly younger than those who do not.

Here's the list that I am currently working on (https://danandphilsurvey.tumblr.com/correlations ) and here are the questions that were asked (https://danandphilsurvey.tumblr.com/question-list-2017 ). If you'd like to hear about any connections, let me know! I am sure you guys would have some interesting requests.
That's so cool! I'm glad to see when they started watching vs. opinions on phan/original sexuality opinion, since those are the ones I'm most curious about.

I wish there were a way to compare the answers for people who took the survey in 2015 and 2017, but unfortunately that's not really possible. Shame, I know my answers changed between the two times I took it.
Ewok
rainbow nerd

malday wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:26 pm
Phantasy wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:35 pm Aww...
This interview about his struggles with anxiety and having to stay closeted was really interesting:
Thanks for sharing this, I didn't know who Colton Haynes was (clearly I don't watch much TV). An insightful interview, I definitely just fell down a rabbit hole listening to him speak on coming out, media pressures, authenticity etc - I just saw he won a Human Rights Campaign Visibility award for coming out last year. What an inspirational story - I cried watching him accept that award! Damn.

Hearing about someone struggling with mental health issues while dealing with speculation about their sexuality sounds familiar! I know it's a reach but it does remind me of when Dan followed mental health YTers before releasing his depression video. I'm doubtful it means anything but it just made me think. :shrug: :thumb:

Also, Phil looks so cute in Bryony's story! I love him in black, he looks so good. :blackheart:
»»-————𝓯𝓵𝓸𝓹𝓹𝔂 𝓭𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓭𝓸𝓷𝓰————-««
obscureDnPreference
procrastinator
Pronouns: she/her/hers

liola wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:26 pm
fancybum wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:07 pm

If you find that distant cousin and they got a brother pls hit me up cause I'm DEFINITELY doing life wrong and wouldn't mind doing life wrong in a fancy house in Florida lol [/Hide]
going to hide it just in case someone cares enough, I feel like I'm the only one invested in this kind of drama right now :lol:

The account is apparently going to delete tonight but are still posting. They posted two audio clips, it def sounds like someone who is either trying to imitate Dan or ripped the sound off his videos. I'll share the tweets here in case anyone is interested (I also saved the audio just in case) lol idk how some people have this much time tbh
[Hide=]
So Phil in Bryony's instagram story? Def not in Florida I'd say! Which is almost as weird, maybe he's going there in a couple of days?
On the twitter drama, that account deleted all of its tweets? @danandwho right? I went to check out the audio.
"This is not children's television. I'm 26, I'm depressed, and I need edgy jokes to cope with my anxiety."
Daniel Howell, 10/30/17
mathsniel
drama llama
Pronouns: he/him

obscureDnPreference wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:23 pm On the twitter drama, that account deleted all of its tweets? @danandwho right? I went to check out the audio.
Yup, they deactivated. They did change to @whoandphil for a bit, but I was following them and they are no longer in my followed by list.
liola
rankussy

obscureDnPreference wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:23 pm
On the twitter drama, that account deleted all of its tweets? @danandwho right? I went to check out the audio.
Yep they deactivated. I mean I still have the audio if you're interested but it really sounds like a rip off from a live stream. Can you imagine Dan really going on with some Twitter drama while Phil is happily waving a sparkler with Wirrow and Bryony? :lol:

Also that interview of Colton <3 I remember when he came out it was a big deal on the internet but it was also so much positivity! I never followed him because I never cared about the show but I knew who it was and I remember thinking it must have taken him so muchI courage to come out with the following he had!

Has Dan ever talked about him before? I can't remember

alch
ar·tic·u·late

obscureDnPreference wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:23 pm On the twitter drama, that account deleted all of its tweets? @danandwho right? I went to check out the audio.
I think I just barely made it in time to listen to the audio before they shut down. I didn't think they'd actually delete, they seemed to be having too much fun with it.

Anyway, their audio "evidence" was pretty weak. It was basically Dan saying "hey" probably pulled from a liveshow, and someone playing piano (no offense to them but it didn't quite sound like Dan's playing usually does, it felt slower and less in tune)
mathsniel
drama llama
Pronouns: he/him

alch wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:31 pm
I think I just barely made it in time to listen to the audio before they shut down. I didn't think they'd actually delete, they seemed to be having too much fun with it.

Anyway, their audio "evidence" was pretty weak. It was basically Dan saying "hey" probably pulled from a liveshow, and someone playing piano (no offense to them but it didn't quite sound like Dan's playing usually does, it felt slower and less in tune)
They've just reactivated so yeah, definitely having too much fun.
Brack
tol bean

liola wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:30 pm
Also that interview of Colton <3 I remember when he came out it was a big deal on the internet but it was also so much positivity! I never followed him because I never cared about the show but I knew who it was and I remember thinking it must have taken him so muchI courage to come out with the following he had!

I think Dan has known about Colton (I vaguely remember some brief teen wolf talk in prev liveshow(s)) but I don't think he had remembered or even known Colton's name particularly, nor was he ever a person of interest lol. I do believe that Dan was just reminded that he exists/is suddenly interested because Bryony may have mentioned him whilst hanging out today rofl. I know Bryony has always been a Teen Wolf fan and I have seen her liking Colton's pics on IG very recently (he recently got married in a VERY grand ceremony so I guess maybe she talked about that). But I'm just assuming. Maybe Dan did just find him because of the big news of Colton's marriage.
AroboticPhil
sad dimple
Pronouns: she

Do you think they might have been with PJ and Sophie too or is that a coincidence because of that bonfire event in the UK ?
(I hope they didn't) (and also that Bryony will give them shit for hanging out with the racist trash)
Also curious about the Florida trip... Martyn left 4 days ago already so it doesn't seem very likely that Phil is joining them, which is quite surprising? I wonder if either of them will mention it in their liveshows (if they do some)

edit : didn't link the tweet correctly sorry
goldenmermaid
drama llama

AroboticPhil wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:06 am Do you think they might have been with PJ and Sophie too or is that a coincidence because of that bonfire event in the UK ?
(I hope they didn't) (and also that Bryony will give them shit for hanging out with the racist trash)
Its probably a coincidence, most people in the uk celebrate bonfire night with sparklers/fireworks etc
JLynne
delia smith

goldenmermaid wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:21 am
AroboticPhil wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:06 am Do you think they might have been with PJ and Sophie too or is that a coincidence because of that bonfire event in the UK ?
Its probably a coincidence, most people in the uk celebrate bonfire night with sparklers/fireworks etc
Yeah they're not together; PJ and Sophie are visiting his parents in Peterborough
dailybooth
glabella
Pronouns: She/Her

just got this sponsored post from Hot Topic in my Facebook feed promoting the new deppy shirt.
ngl the fact that they used "pro tip" in their marketing made me chuckle
under spoiler BC big picture
:lion: :prideflag:
lost686girl
living flop

After stalking bryonys Instagram I've decided I'd pay good money to have her paint dans nails. That girl spends some TIME in the salon my goodness
bee
phabergé

Brack wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:29 pm

I think Dan has known about Colton (I vaguely remember some brief teen wolf talk in prev liveshow(s)) but I don't think he had remembered or even known Colton's name particularly, nor was he ever a person of interest lol. I do believe that Dan was just reminded that he exists/is suddenly interested because Bryony may have mentioned him whilst hanging out today rofl. I know Bryony has always been a Teen Wolf fan and I have seen her liking Colton's pics on IG very recently (he recently got married in a VERY grand ceremony so I guess maybe she talked about that). But I'm just assuming. Maybe Dan did just find him because of the big news of Colton's marriage.
Nah he's been following Colton on Twitter for years. I don't have the exact timeline but at least a while before he followed their own gaming channel (thas was when it was created maybe?). Colton's been active with a large social media following as well, they're the same age range, so he's known him for a while. Also I discovered Dan follows Tyler Posey as well as Dylan O'Brien, so, he's been watching Teen Wolf at some point or just likes their faces/social media. :tu:
rainydays
sofa crease

bee wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:02 am
Nah he's been following Colton on Twitter for years. I don't have the exact timeline but at least a while before he followed their own gaming channel (thas was when it was created maybe?). Colton's been active with a large social media following as well, they're the same age range, so he's known him for a while. Also I discovered Dan follows Tyler Posey as well as Dylan O'Brien, so, he's been watching Teen Wolf at some point or just likes their faces/social media. :tu:
Colton is starring in the most recent season of American Horror Story, that both Dan and Phil are watching and apparently really enjoying, so that's maybe why Dan started following him now.
Also he recently got married and it was a big wedding, Kris Jenner officiated lol. It was all over social media, so there's that too.
As for Tyler Posey and Dylan O'Brien, I don't know if Dan ever watched Teen Wolf, but I'm pretty sure he mentioned his crush on Dylan O'Brien at some point in the past.

Anyway I love Colton, I've been a big fan of both Teen Wolf and Arrow, so I've been following him for years. When he came out, it didn't come as a big surprise to me and many others tbh, but I remember all the shocked tweets by people who had been relentless in defending his heterosexuality in the past, claiming that he was dating his female co-stars both in Teen Wolf and Arrow. :roll:
Brack
tol bean

bee wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:02 am

Ahh didn't check for twitter!
Deppy started watching Teen wolf sometime in early 2014 because of Bryony (but then they never really continued) & he probably followed everyone then haha. So Dan likely has known 'em a while but only recently been prompted by something to follow Colton on insta. I just thought timings coincided with him hanging with a TW/Colton fan, when something significant has just happened lol. But don't mind me, I'm only making useless comments :lol: and maybe is more to do with him being in AHS than TW as you said, rainydays!
autumnhearth
senpai

I remember a 2012 or 2013 Dan liveshow where lots of people in the chat were telling him to watch Teen Wolf and he was weird about it. Asking if they really thought it was something he would like, or if it’s just a show for teen girls who like watching topless boys. I’m pretty sure he was scoffing. Like what would Teen Wolf offer me, a straight cis male? Which raised a red flag for me knowing other comments he’s made before and since then. Still, I’m glad he gave it a shot eventually, even if he decided it wasn’t for him. (Mind you I’ve never watched it myself, but I did watch Arrow for a couple seasons.)

Since the boys seem to be in town, might we get a Sims video today or tomorrow? I miss Dream Daddy too. :love2:
Ablissa
pastel persona

autumnhearth wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:14 pm Since the boys seem to be in town, might we get a Sims video today or tomorrow? I miss Dream Daddy too. :love2:
Yes! I feel like they have completely forgotten Dream Daddy. I just checked and their last one was on September 12th, that's almost two months ago now... And it still hasn't reached 1 million views :( I hope they don't abandon it, I liked it.