Dan & Phil Part 59: the literal other half

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
autumnhearth
senpai
Pronouns: she/her

Obviously a tour is happening. But they are also due for new merch, what with the sale and all. I’m pretty sure they said there would be more gaming themed merch out.

Also he made it sound like pinof might be a little earlier this year, perhaps mid-month. The way he was talking about it earlier had me hyped. Yep annabanana, thanks for the time, I want to rewatch that.

Ooo like the documentary/film theory. What if the tour is a screening with Q&A afterwards?

Edit: Really? Again?
rowlet
smol bean

not to be dramatic but what the fuck dan.......i.........surely he must have known how it sounded when he was saying 'it's something we've been meaning to talk about for a long time and i think it's finally time to share it with the world' like???? i don't for a second actually think it's going to be anything to do with them #confirming phan but i'm actually dying at dan being such a huge fucking troll. like surely he must know how 90% of the phandom would interpret that statement. i want to fight him
Ablissa
pastel persona

I'm team #heknows on this one. He has to know how people will react to him wording it the way he did. However, I'm 100% sure it has nothing to do with what all of our demon hearts initially thought.

Tour seems certain, it's the graphic design thing that has me thrown. I like your speculations of a game or new merch. It could be either or both! I'm trying to keep my expectations low. I just hope that when the tour is announced, there will be a stop in Poland, I would love to meet them and I have no money to travel anywhere.
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

annabanana wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:49 pm Did anyone else think he was being kind of weird about how he talked about PINOF (~18:10)? Or is it just me?
I noticed that too. With the bit in Tatinof, and Pinof 4 come to that, about doing it for the rest of their lives, and someone recently mentioning they might stop at 10, it made me wonder, but then maybe they like it enough to keep going and he was just trying to think of when it might happen, or again being a bit of a troll being vague about it :shrug:
Ewok
rainbow nerd

flarequake wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:08 pm
annabanana wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:49 pm Did anyone else think he was being kind of weird about how he talked about PINOF (~18:10)? Or is it just me?
I noticed that too. With the bit in Tatinof, and Pinof 4 come to that, about doing it for the rest of their lives, and someone recently mentioning they might stop at 10, it made me wonder, but then maybe they like it enough to keep going and he was just trying to think of when it might happen, or again being a bit of a troll being vague about it :shrug:
It was a little odd, but then again, Dan has been pretty vague lately with teasing most of their other traditions. He did the same for Spooky Week and the baking vid. :shrug:
»»-————𝓯𝓵𝓸𝓹𝓹𝔂 𝓭𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓭𝓸𝓷𝓰————-««
citizen_erased
truth bomb

I just caught up with the liveshow, and wow, did he jump from topic to topic or what :lol: love the way he skipped right past actually answering the dream daddy question. Guess they're not finishing that one :lol:

My mind also immediately jumped to "they're coming out". That boy knows exactly what he's doing and it's simultaneously impressive and incredibly annoying. I'm a bit lost on how graphic design + tour announcement are going to be combined, but I do know I'll be here all Friday evening to find out. Well done, Dan, you hooked me :sideeye:
malday
emo goose

Aren't they due to release plushies with new outfits too?
And is it too early for them to release new Christmas sweaters? that involves graphic design.
annabanana
sofa crease

Ewok wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:14 pm
flarequake wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:08 pm
It was a little odd, but then again, Dan has been pretty vague lately with teasing most of their other traditions. He did the same for Spooky Week and the baking vid. :shrug:
True! He also definitely just brushed off a mention of gamingmas in this livestream as well. Gamingmas was my fave content of last year so I really hope they do it again.
Have a red velvet cupcake and for fucks sake, dip some toast in your soup. Bye.
sunshinias
spork

I feel like I was the only one whose mind didn't immediately jump to coming out when he said that :lol:
Watching it back, it definitely sounded like that though. (maybe he added on that thing about graphic design when he realized what it sounded like)

Also, did anyone else think it sounded like Dan was really genuinely irritated at around 26:14 and onward when someone asked him about the Phil Howell thing and the dogs? And then he seemed super sarcastic about the Quick Draw question. Maybe I'm crazy, but it just sounded like a "ugh, when is this going to be over "attitude to me. :?
:sunshine: ~let in a little sunshine~ :sunshine:
liola
rankussy

sunshinias wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:21 pm I feel like I was the only one whose mind didn't immediately jump to coming out when he said that :lol:
Watching it back, it definitely sounded like that though. (maybe he added on that thing about graphic design when he realized what it sounded like)

Also, did anyone else think it sounded like Dan was really genuinely irritated at around 26:14 and onward when someone asked him about the Phil Howell thing and the dogs? And then he seemed super sarcastic about the Quick Draw question. Maybe I'm crazy, but it just sounded like a "ugh, when is this going to be over "attitude to me. :?
I mean Dan has been saying since the rebrand that pinof will still be called pinof and even now 6 months later I still see the random post on tumblr/instagram/Twitter wondering if it's gonna be called Phil Howell and if that makes MY eyes roll in frustration I can't imagine how it feels for him lmao

I rewatched the ls to see if now I could have a less biased opinion on the wording and nope, feels even more weird when I notice how he basically tied the question to pinof 9, like, what has a tour/merch to do with pinof? One would say tatinof had more to do with it because it was the celebration of an era, so unless they wanna rebrand the concept of pinof too I don't get what was going to happen

Also for the smallest of moments i had the impression the graphic design thing was something he read off the chat, because he said the entire "something we wanna share to the world" without looking at the camera, almost like he didn't want to acknowledge the presence of the viewers and didn't want to see the reaction, then he just followed into that in a kinda jokey way. Idk I'm probably reading too much into it but it did jump to my attention
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
nigel ratburn
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

i'm trying so hard to lower my expectations bc i KNOW it's probably gonna be the announcement of another tour or something like that but HE KNOWS WHAT HE'S DOING, THE LITTLE SHIT

like, that wording is so weird if it is the tour-- my heart leaped through my esophagus and out of my mouth until he said the graphic design thing.

i'm trying to be

but internally i'm

Puffy
drama llama

I know in my heart it's probably a tour, or new merch or some sort of rebranding. But.

But.
The wording has absolutely killed me. I made my bf rewind it when we watched it back just to hear what was said again because I missed most of the exact wording as I was flailing a bit.

Though at the same time. They didn't do any pre-announcement for Truth Bombs, that spread like wildfire. Some people got new merch by accident, everyone learned about it. The calendar was figured out long before it was even filmed. If it was a game or merch or something they wouldn't be making a big deal about it I don't think. So it's either a tour or something big. And earlier in the stream he said "the first Dan and Phil tour" which struck me as odd.... :shrug:
autumnhearth
senpai

Rewatched some bits and this stood out:

28:34 “‘So what else are you up this week?’
Well other than, other than the thing... uh, we’ve been talking about how we want to see you. You know, how we haven’t seen you in awhile, in lots of places.”

Followed by: “Dan, last week you said you’d come to lots of new places, does that mean you won’t come back?”

It sounds like their talking about touring, is separate from the Friday thing. And yeah, how does it all tie to pinof? :?
alch
ar·tic·u·late

I'm pretty sure he knew what he was saying with that, but he's also accidentally blurted out stuff in liveshows.
I didn't catch the whole thing, but it sounds like there's a new tour on the way, and I'm not sure if that's the same as the other announcements.

trying to lower my expectations.
Ewok
rainbow nerd

autumnhearth wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:02 am Rewatched some bits and this stood out:

Well other than, other than the thing... uh, we’ve been talking about how we want to see you. You know, how we haven’t seen you in awhile, in lots of places.”

Followed by: “Dan, last week you said you’d come to lots of new places, does that mean you won’t come back?”

It sounds like their talking about touring, is separate from the Friday thing. And yeah, how does it all tie to pinof? :?
Wait - so "other than the thing" - is he referring to PINOF or the tour as the "thing"? Am I crazy - this makes it sound like a separate third thing? A tour announcement? What?
I'm getting all sorts of confused, man. Put me out of my misery, please end this suffering.

»»-————𝓯𝓵𝓸𝓹𝓹𝔂 𝓭𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓭𝓸𝓷𝓰————-««
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

autumnhearth wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:02 am Rewatched some bits and this stood out:

My first impression watching the liveshow was definitely that he spoke about the Friday thing and the tour thing as though they were not the same thing. Though I don't really have any guesses for the Friday thing, so who knows. I won't be shocked if it's the tour... but I'm also not convinced.
liola
rankussy

Oh, I just saw someone on Twitter suggest a live audience pinof. I doubt it would be exactly that, the beauty of pinof is the randomness and the quick editing, but I'm wondering what else can be done in a tour besides a show or a panel/q&a. A musical? Looking for their forever home in all countries with the help of viewers? Idk but I can't sleep now

I still think the way he talked during the live show sounded like he knows we're all aware a tour is probably on the way and it was a separate thing. I really don't know
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
MythicalPinkTrashCan
phabergé

nigel ratburn wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:45 pm i'm trying to be

but internally i'm

I completely agree with Mr Ratburn. I am trying to not be a gigantic trash can, but it's so hard sometimes
annoying dog
crusty sponge

I can't think of much but might they do pinof 10 on tour? Like a kind of Q+A or something

Edit: someone already thought of it x_x
VengefulBlue
rainbow nerd
Pronouns: they/them

maybe pinof+graphic design=some kind of pinof related merch? also, it sounds like pinof might be out next week? he seemed to emphasize the timing a lot there.

he knows what he's doing phrasing things that way tho. it's probably just new merch and a tour, but idek at this point. i am excited for a new tour, esp if they come up to new england/quebec.
mathsniel
drama llama
Pronouns: he/him

Salt wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:14 am I can't think of much but might they do pinof 10 on tour? Like a kind of Q+A or something

Edit: someone already thought of it x_x
See, whilst that sounds great, I just don't see it? I mean, they would have to filter the questions beforehand, because I can't see them being open for a free for all, and they would be limited in regards to props/staging, unlike with Pinof, the filming of which allows them to move around freely, use props, etc. If this tour is as global as Dan is making it out to be as well, it's going to get so, so dull for both of them. I just don't think Pinof would translate into a stage show very well.

A Q+A might work, but still, I think unfiltered questions would lead to a mess, and I just don't see them being able to take a Q+A across the world unless there's something else with it (besides m&gs)
Last edited by mathsniel on Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

just watched the liveshow and to me the graphic design “we’ve been meaning to share with the world” thing and Friday seemed to be the same thing - totally some kind of tour/m&g thing that they’ve been working on for ages. Makes sense why they didn’t hit any UK or Europe conventions since 2015, these two shits have probably been working on something since tatinof, they’ve just had the right idea to hype it a little more this time rather than just drop it on us.

I am excited. Roll on Friday.
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
loonyradish
living flop

liola wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:11 am Oh, I just saw someone on Twitter suggest a live audience pinof. I doubt it would be exactly that, the beauty of pinof is the randomness and the quick editing, but I'm wondering what else can be done in a tour besides a show or a panel/q&a. A musical? Looking for their forever home in all countries with the help of viewers? Idk but I can't sleep now

I still think the way he talked during the live show sounded like he knows we're all aware a tour is probably on the way and it was a separate thing. I really don't know

Not sure if this would make sense tho, as he said pinof will come in the middle/end of november, and the thing, whatever it may be, will be on friday..
I'm so confused
rainydays
sofa crease

uuh I guess I'm gonna be the discordant voice here. This liveshow felt weird, idk what it was, but it left me with a weird feeling. At first, I thought dan was drunk, or at least tipsy, but then he just looked kind of irritable to me?? Someone mentioned that he looked weird when talking about pinof.. I agree, except than in my opinion he was kinda off the whole time.

I'm convinced that coming out isn't in dan and phil's plans, especially not through a public announcement, so when he started talking about the "thing", I definitely didn't think it was going to be about that. I could see other people drawing that conclusion though, so I was a bit surprised that dan would word it that way. And then he added the graphic design part almost as an aftertought, and I interpreted that as him realizing a second too late how his words could have been taken and trying to fix it. Then he looked genuinely annoyed at people asking about the dog and he vehemently refused the idea... idk I'm probably reading too much into it and maybe I'm in a bad mood anyway and that has affected my perception, but the way he responded to the question about the dog slightly bothered me, as it seemed to me like he was trying to imply that them getting a dog together is a preposterous idea.
I'm probably making zero sense right now, but the gist of it is that I think the wording was accidental and not purposeful and that when he realized how his words sounded, he actually kinda wanted to kick himself for that lmao

ah, don't mind me.. this whole post is a mess and makes no sense. I guess I've just had a bad afternoon.
but yeah, I definitely got the feeling he was talking about two separate things, the "thing on friday" and the tour, but i would be 0% surprised if it turned out to be the tour. tbh this liveshow was all over the place, I couldn't keep up
autumnhearth
senpai

Ewok wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:10 am

Wait - so "other than the thing" - is he referring to PINOF or the tour as the "thing"? Am I crazy - this makes it sound like a separate third thing? A tour announcement? What?
I'm getting all sorts of confused, man. Put me out of my misery, please end this suffering.
That’s what it sounded like. I would guess that the third thing is merch or the mythical LemonadeMoney project. Then again... ‘share with the world’ sure sounds like a world tour. :shrug: