Dan & Phil Part 59: the literal other half

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
mathsniel
drama llama
Pronouns: he/him

VengefulBlue wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:22 pm
fancybum wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:15 pm Is there a way to delete wetheunicorns from the entire internet or
i second this. haven't yet seen whatever they've done this time, but still.
Here. Gross.
Ewok
rainbow nerd
Pronouns: she/her

I'm assuming now that the "other thing" Dan was referring to was releasing something that ties into the tour.
So I'm wondering how this tour is going to be "interactive"?

All my mind can think of is maybe an app that they use to interact with the audience? Maybe something that's like a YT live stream where everyone can interact with one another and D&P? That seems like a disaster waiting to happen, but I really can't think of anything else that'd make it "interactive".

And... yikes those ticket prices. I'm not sure I'd want to spend 50$ just to be in the same room as them. I don't know how I feel about this whole thing yet. Masters of capitalism, for sure. I do know I'm already lowkey feeling a tiny bit bitter about the potential dry spell of 2018. Hmpf. :sideeye:
»»-————𝓯𝓵𝓸𝓹𝓹𝔂 𝓭𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓭𝓸𝓷𝓰————-««
000dia000
emo goose

mathsniel wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:29 pm
fancybum wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:15 pm Is there a way to delete wetheunicorns from the entire internet or
Here. Gross.
Their title is :
we the unicorns wrote:75 dates. Damn.
Context:
we the shitty unicorns wrote:They also proudly support charitable organizations such as Young Minds, Stand Up To Cancer and the British Red Cross.In March 2015, Dan and Phil launched their debut book The Amazing Book Is Not On Fire and accompanying 75-date international tour “The Amazing Tour Is Not On Fire.”
They're really fucking stupid if they think they have 75 dates planned, or at least are trying to insinuate that there are. Goes to show that this is a literal copy and paste.
:cactus:
dansnose
delia smith
Pronouns: she/ her

so you think phil will cancel his liveshow?
i really hope he doesn’t i have a lot of premiums piled up with things i wanna say :/
VengefulBlue
rainbow nerd
Pronouns: they/them

gdi why??? :x i mean, i know why, but.... also they clearly don't know how to read, bc the '75 dates' bit was referring to tatinof. at least it's not as bad as i was imagining? (gossip piece on coming out theories)

i could maybe be convinced to spend $50 to watch them irl, depending on what the show is gonna be like. honestly tho, i might go just for the social aspect if they come close enough for me to make it a day trip (i never see other humans ever)if the vip tickets aren't hugely expensive, i might even do that. idk, i never spend money on entertainment, so if that's my one event next year that's alright.
liola
rankussy

I never even looked at prices for tatinof, how much was that? 50 bucks isn't as much as I was expecting honestly, though if I would have to add travel and hotel then it gets a lot pretty quickly

And yes for a moment I also thought it would be a trashy piece of coming out theories but at least that website hasn't fallen that low yet
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
allsaintshowell
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

tickets starting at $50 for a stage tour in the venues they're most likely going to be playing? that's a good deal for me.
Image Image
katemko
delia smith

Honestly most tours pretend there’s only 48 states instead of 50 so if dnp have suddenly realized that Hawaii/Alaska exist I will 100% fork out the $50
i'm so funny. i am the funniest person in the world. ryan gosling finds me hilarious. i'm in a submarine.
malday
emo goose

alittledizzy wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:09 pm Soooooo, an anon on tumblr just pointed me toward this... and it is definitely a world tour, not that I think anyone doubted that.

"Interactive introverts" - I'm already okay with the direction that this is going in?
Well the event listing is gone from that website now :lol:
hellothere
tol bean

Hello! Long time lurker here and I only had the courage to post something now (please be good to me) :|

Re: Tour. I was actually quite surprise that they are going on tour again since I believe both of them (or perhaps just Dan) mentioned before that touring in different places is very tiring, but yeah, if they want to engage with their audience again, I think this is one of the best way since I believe they do enjoy meeting their audience. I'm just wondering, what could be the concept of this upcoming tour. I mean TATINOF is like the history of dan and phil and stuff like that, but this tour, I wonder how interactive will it be :D

Also, i also pity dan and phil because all of their big projects always get reveal beforehand. so yeah, i think they are really cursed :rofl:

Another thing, I'm actually new to the UK, do you guys have tips on how to purchase tickets online because in my home country, buying concert or event tickets online is not really the best way. If you could give me some tips, i'll be forever grateful to you! <3

apologies for my poor english :cry:
liola
rankussy

malday wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:13 pm
alittledizzy wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:09 pm Soooooo, an anon on tumblr just pointed me toward this... and it is definitely a world tour, not that I think anyone doubted that.

"Interactive introverts" - I'm already okay with the direction that this is going in?
Well the event listing is gone from that website now :lol:
Damn, would love to see that angry Phil DM :rofl:

So do we think Phil is gonna haru the whole thing or give in to the hints?

Lain
eclipse shirt

Waiting for that announcement tomorrow to clear up my confusion over what exactly this tour is all about, I think, because I'm mostly in a state of :confused: right now (peppered with a bit of lowkey enthusiasm for them/other fans if this is something they're hyped about). Sort of hoping they come to Toronto again as I missed TATINOF in 2016 (although the recluse in me is sure I'll find a way out of going no matter how much I may regret it),

@ self:
but also hoping there are other dates across the country if they do come to Canada again.
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Ooh, great Hawkeye from M*A*S*H gif, Lain, I love that character and that was my dad’s favourite show. Brilliant clip on YouTube somewhere of Alan Alda somersaulting on his way to collect an award years ago.

We the Unicorns’ article has gone now as well as the venue’s page, I guess Phil, or someone, got emailing. Dan did say there’s something they’re getting out of the way tomorrow before he went on about wanting to see us all again, I don’t think tomorrow is necessarily the tour, but who really knows, we’ll see.

I hope for Phil’s and everyone else’s sanity that he’s come up with a less-vague way of telling us at least a little something today to quell the bombardment of questions.

Interactive Introverts is a fantastic name.

I hope $50 tickets in the US will translate well around the world for everyone else, if they’re £50 in the U.K. that’s cheeky, but then we don’t know what goes into all this. Tatinof U.K. was a pretty low £25 a seat anywhere in the theatre which Dan said they managed to wangle, but only for the UK. You’re lucky to get back of the upper circle (3rd level) for a West End show, though theatres in other cities tend to be less. West End prices go up to £90 or more for the best tickets.
Flomy
sofa crease

Whoo, I am kind of excited about a tour! Though I shouldn't get my hopes up, last time I was excited too when they said they would come to Europe and then they only did a few shows lol. Looking forward to the announcement and finding out what the show is about. :)
Lain
eclipse shirt

@flarequake Nice! M*A*S*H was probably my second big fandom (back during lj's heyday) and I'll always be a bit in love with Alan Alda. :ribena:
fancybum
senpai

liola wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:20 pm Damn, would love to see that angry Phil DM :rofl:

I hope he goes the entire 30-45mins talking about Stranger Things and waffles, not mentioning or even hinting about the tour, and then ends the show by unhinging his jaw and eating Liam Dryden whole.
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
anenergetic
spork

mathsniel wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:29 pm
Here. Gross.
shit. i hate that website with a burning passion.
gay :prideflag:
anenergetic
spork

Lain wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:50 pm Waiting for that announcement tomorrow to clear up my confusion over what exactly this tour is all about, I think, because I'm mostly in a state of :confused: right now (peppered with a bit of lowkey enthusiasm for them/other fans if this is something they're hyped about). Sort of hoping they come to Toronto again as I missed TATINOF in 2016 (although the recluse in me is sure I'll find a way out of going no matter how much I may regret it),

@ self:
but also hoping there are other dates across the country if they do come to Canada again.
I hope they visit London, Ontario, for the sake of going to the other London.
Also Toronto.
gay :prideflag:
VengefulBlue
rainbow nerd
Pronouns: they/them

fancybum wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:21 pm
liola wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:20 pm Damn, would love to see that angry Phil DM :rofl:

I hope he goes the entire 30-45mins talking about Stranger Things and waffles, not mentioning or even hinting about the tour, and then ends the show by unhinging his jaw and eating Liam Dryden whole.
:rofl:
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

After the tabinof announcement I’m not surprised they’ve started to mention it early. They got a lot of backlash for just dropping the announcement and tickets being on sale instantly.

Also, am glad the dates leaked because IM EXCIIIIIIIIIIITED DEPPY ARE TOURING! Tatinof was amazing so I know they’ll put on a good show!

Me in a work meeting right now:
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
liola
rankussy

fancybum wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:21 pm

I nodded at the entire post and then said "wait what the fuck" out loud at the end in a very busy room so thank you for that :lol:

Liveshow in 30 mins confirmed, I'm actually happy that he's doing a liveshow, he always puts me in a good mood 💙

Ablissa
pastel persona

Just me, or is the wetheunicorns article gone, and the venue is no longer listing their show? Am I blind?

EDIT: I see the venue thing was already mentioned, I'm tired as heck :D

EDIT 2: they changed the link lol! https://www.drphillipscenter.org/events ... 8/bananas/
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

Ablissa wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:36 pm EDIT 2: they changed the link lol! https://www.drphillipscenter.org/events ... 8/bananas/
How did you even find that weird url? Or does it still show up on Google?

Looking forward to a haru-tastic LS.
Ablissa
pastel persona

LtrllySusan wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:44 pm
Ablissa wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:36 pm EDIT 2: they changed the link lol! https://www.drphillipscenter.org/events ... 8/bananas/
How did you even find that weird url? Or does it still show up on Google?

Looking forward to a haru-tastic LS.
From tumblr, I have no idea how the person that posted it found it.
Ewok
rainbow nerd

Of course the livestream gets bumped to the exact time I'm heading in to work! Omg. I'm excited to watch when I'm off. :)
»»-————𝓯𝓵𝓸𝓹𝓹𝔂 𝓭𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓭𝓸𝓷𝓰————-««