Dan & Phil Part 59: the literal other half

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
Whommel
sofa crease
Pronouns: They/them

lilabet wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:04 pm The London venue has 3,632 seated. They cant do a show the day after because it already has Bill Bailey booked in. Ahhh. They filled the Palladium 3 or 4 times last time didn't they with 2,286 seats?

No wait it's 5,039 (Open seating)
3,632 (Reserved seating)
Now I'm seriously considering going to the London show, I like the venue and could go see Bill Bailey, who I adore, the day after.
I hope we get more info before about the content of the show before tickets go on sale Tuesday, but so far I'm liking what I see.
pcvaidya
squish

I've been lurking on here for a while because I find the discourse kind of fascinating, but I had to make an account to flail about the fact that D&P will be in my hometown (Sugar Land, TX). They just built a new theater that's been getting tons of new people. For example, Trevor Noah is there tonight. They will literally be 10 minutes from my house.

During TATINOF, their show in Austin was at Bass Concert Hall which is on UT Austin campus (my alma mater), and I honestly cannot parse them physically existing in places I spend so much time in. Super excited about this tour, considering getting a ticket honestly even though no one I know IRL knows that I watch them.
RiriPandaHeart2
phabergé

annabanana wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:59 pm The place they are coming in Columbus, Ohio has like 19,000 seats! Definitely not the place I thought they would come in the city. I've been to concerts there where they will close off the upper section, but that still is a huge venue.
Woah. It's definitely and significantly bigger. :o
goldenmermaid wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:00 pm Hopefully they will have based it on their youtube viewer stats/ maybe who buys merch, so will have a fair idea of people likely to buy tickets in each place! But like you I am a bit of a worrier too (understatement) and I dont want any part of this to fail!

Still amazed they are going to so many cities and will be travelling for like 5 months!! thats insane
Yeah. I really hope they sell out or at least significantly fill out all the venues they're going to. :?
P: What are you doing?

D: I'm feeding it to you.

P: Why is it so slow?
ironic
lady door

*coming out of my cage*

holy carp i didn't expect this

probs won't go, can't bother to fight a bunch of teenagers to get one of the six-hundred-and-something tickets (plus I'm pretty busy) but still I'm pretty hyped I guess?? idk really what the heck
If we all just traded in our knives for cakes, the world would be a better place.
alien
procrastinator
Pronouns: she/her

I'm excited to go! I've always regretted not going to tatinof and this seems like something more my vibe anyway. I'm just hoping the tickets aren't too terribly expensive for my venue. I also like that they have a few days between the show before my city (phoenix) even if they are coming here the absolute worst time of year lol.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Why do D&P have such ridiculous short notice times before tickets go on sale? Bit of an odd choice as well to do it right before the holiday season when people probably gotta spend money on other things but they can probably get away with it. Either way I'm not going because while it seems a lot less cringe than TATINOF it's still not very appealing to me.. but I sometimes apply for jobs at RAI so maybe if I do again and get hired by some miracle I'll catch a glimpse of them :')btw I don't understand Dan blasting the graphic design considering the graphic design for TABINOF/TATINOF actually gave me herpes. It gets worse every time I look at my bookshelf.

Not looking forward to the content drought. At least they won't have to make a glorified scrapbook out of the trip this time so hopefully they'll actually update social media. Still I wonder whether probably taking long breaks from YouTube again won't bite them in the ass this time. Their views aren't exactly in the lift and their sub counts are pretty stagnant these days as well. A part of me that is still optimistic about things in live hopes for vlogs. Not just one DITL. Multiple vlogs.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
Birdie
blobfish
Pronouns: they/them

Since normal tickets aren't too expensive I might... actually go. I'm thinking about gettings tickets for Amsterdam since the flight isn't much longer than to Stockholm because if I'm staying overnight I might as well go to a city I'd love to see. 8-) It would be so cool if this worked out, I'm actually excited now.
Catallena wrote:Bit of an odd choice as well to do it right before the holiday season when people probably gotta spend money on other things
But think of all the teens who'll ask for the tickets for Christmas now. It was probably quite a smart decision, they know most of their viewers won't be paying for their tickets themselves.
wtfamidoinghere
lady door

i haven`t written or even read here in forever (miss you btw, just don`t have time), but i have to tell SOMEBODY that the only date reachable to me is on my sister`s birthday and i can`t go. and that sucks.
or maybe it saves me a lot of stress and money

have fun, everybody who can go!
iero
phabergé

is there any site yet where the england tickets will be on sale? ticketmaster only has scotland and ireland for us uk/ire folk
Secretstanner
truth bomb

Catallena wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:48 pm Why do D&P have such ridiculous short notice times before tickets go on sale? Bit of an odd choice as well to do it right before the holiday season when people probably gotta spend money on other things but they can probably get away with it. Either way I'm not going because while it seems a lot less cringe than TATINOF it's still not very appealing to me.. but I sometimes apply for jobs at RAI so maybe if I do again and get hired by some miracle I'll catch a glimpse of them :')btw I don't understand Dan blasting the graphic design considering the graphic design for TABINOF/TATINOF actually gave me herpes. It gets worse every time I look at my bookshelf.

Not looking forward to the content drought. At least they won't have to make a glorified scrapbook out of the trip this time so hopefully they'll actually update social media. Still I wonder whether probably taking long breaks from YouTube again won't bite them in the ass this time. Their views aren't exactly in the lift and their sub counts are pretty stagnant these days as well. A part of me that is still optimistic about things in live hopes for vlogs. Not just one DITL. Multiple vlogs.

Yeah I wanna know what their plan is for that. They arnt gonna be able to use the gaming channel as Quick and easy content to put out for us while they are gone. I hope they take the opportunity to really try and work on their main channels again, I think they need too! I relie a lot on their live streams so now they will be gone for almost half a year then need a break after the tour I don’t know how I’d cope without them.

I really hope they take the opportunity to use their social media more, tweet more, post more pictures on Instagram while you have the chance to be all over the world! I love random vlogs aswel Just very casual because we won’t be getting lives.
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

iero wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:04 pm is there any site yet where the england tickets will be on sale? ticketmaster only has scotland and ireland for us uk/ire folk
Each venue might be selling their own, otherwise maybe See Tickets or something. Dan tweeted that the site should have the links put on over the weekend. Sorry, editing again :roll: just checked that Dan did say the venue links would be put up.
Last edited by flarequake on Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
anime_is_not_cool
living flop

auri wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:58 pm
Ablissa wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:42 pm The venue for Poland only has 670 seats. Very tiny! Are the venues where you're at bigger, or small too?
In Finland the vanue has almost 1500 seats in total, which is kind of... making me even more anxious. I have no idea how big they are here and just, wow. Then what if I don't get the tickets? I've never been this excited and this anxious about anything, geez.
there is an active phandom here, believe me, there are gc:s exploding right at this moment, if you weren't aware :ribena: though not sure if big enough to buy 1500 tickets?! hopefully we'll get some extra swedes and estonians to fill up the venue so it won't be embarrassing after all these years of FINLAND FINLAND FINLAND -liveshow spam. but i'm sure it won't sell out too fast - even the twenty one pilots show last year took half a day :D
thephandommenace
procrastinator
Pronouns: they/them

Asdfghjkl I'm so excited! I'm considering going to at least two dates in Manchester and London, one of them with a VIP ticket, I'd love to say hello to anyone from here going! I'm so stressed out at the lack of information on D&P's part though (thanks so much to everyone who's done some digging and figured out things like prices and seating plans so far!!) and I'm INCREDIBLY stressed at the idea of potentially fighting for tickets. I don't remember being so on edge to snap up a place since I was trying to get into a prestigious sixth-form college when I was 16 and they only had 100 free places for people who weren't already guaranteed a place via enrolled siblings/ sister schools, etc and it was first-come first-served and the only way to apply was through telephone...
I digress.
I am way too anxious and worked up to think about Tuesday rationally atm and I'm supposed to be side-eyeing them rn but ngl I wouldn't miss this for the world and my excitement has been rekindled!
:newyear:
Catallena wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:48 pm btw I don't understand Dan blasting the graphic design considering the graphic design for TABINOF/TATINOF actually gave me herpes.
:rofl:
mechanicpanic
first-time poster

anime_is_not_cool wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:15 pm
auri wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:58 pm
Ablissa wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:42 pm The venue for Poland only has 670 seats. Very tiny! Are the venues where you're at bigger, or small too?
In Finland the vanue has almost 1500 seats in total, which is kind of... making me even more anxious. I have no idea how big they are here and just, wow. Then what if I don't get the tickets? I've never been this excited and this anxious about anything, geez.
there is an active phandom here, believe me, there are gc:s exploding right at this moment, if you weren't aware :ribena: though not sure if big enough to buy 1500 tickets?! hopefully we'll get some extra swedes and estonians to fill up the venue so it won't be embarrassing after all these years of FINLAND FINLAND FINLAND -liveshow spam. but i'm sure it won't sell out too fast - even the twenty one pilots show last year took half a day :D
mfw literally registered to say this

I'm fairly sure a lot of phandom people from St.Petersburg, Russia will be in Helsinki instead of Moscow. Because even though it would be more expensive, it's a nicer summer trip opportunity than Moscow -- I wouldn't want to travel 4 hours just to see deppy and go back. At least I could go shopping in Helsinki :lol:
Tbh I'm sad they decided to have two shows in Moscow and zero in St.Petersburg... It's not like we're a small town or something.
nigel ratburn
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

i'll be home in nc for the summer and they'll be coming about an hour away-- i didn't make it to tatinof but i think i'll go this time. it's in an amphitheater where i am and for some reason that stresses me out less? idk

i'll probably go with my mom even though i could go alone bc she knows how much i like them and she likes phil a lot (she always calls him "the moose one" because she's seen the shelter videos). it would also just be nice for her to get to experience something that has given me a lot of joy over the years-- i'll stop here before i go into a tangent about how fond i am of my mother

i'm a bit miffed at the lack of information as to what they're actually doing-- it seems more up my alley than tatinof, though, from what we've seen, and i'm excited. worried about their well-being next year, but excited.
Loafer
sofa crease

pcvaidya wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:29 pm I've been lurking on here for a while because I find the discourse kind of fascinating, but I had to make an account to flail about the fact that D&P will be in my hometown (Sugar Land, TX). They just built a new theater that's been getting tons of new people. For example, Trevor Noah is there tonight. They will literally be 10 minutes from my house.

During TATINOF, their show in Austin was at Bass Concert Hall which is on UT Austin campus (my alma mater), and I honestly cannot parse them physically existing in places I spend so much time in. Super excited about this tour, considering getting a ticket honestly even though no one I know IRL knows that I watch them.
Hi fellow longhorn alum! :D I feel ya, the idea of them being on campus did not compute for me either.

The DFW show has about 6k seats. Any guesses on how fast/slow the tickets will go? The last few times I’ve tried to get concert tickets were stressful af, both were for harry styles and his shows here sold out almost instantly, and honestly I don’t need any more gray hairs. :lol:
somethingsketchy
janice from the shop

I'm so tired my brain can't compute the fact that they're actually coming to my hometown and I also might get to meet some IDB friends. I'm basically just bouncing of the walls of the excitement.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

I'm pleased at them for aiming high with the venues. I'm guessing it's because their schedule is so tight that adding second shows is an impossibility? I doubt they'll sell out nearly as much as they did TATINOF, but I'm guessing it'll still be a pretty solid number of seats filled.
planetkidlwt
tol bean

Ahhhh I'm so keen for the new tour! Just looking at the promo poster for it as well as the way they described it so far already has me sold! I missed out on TATINOF last year however this time I was questioning whether or not I'd be able to go considering my clinical placement for my uni course falls around that time but turns out it doesn't so I'm hoping to get VIP for one of the Sydney shows!! Hope to meet/get to know some Australian IDBers if I get the chance to score some tickets <3

Also found it kinda hilarious that the first Sydney date lands on the same time as Father's Day for Australians... lowkey expecting a lot of father's day/dad jokes
blackdenim
procrastinator

How exciting is this! I'm hoping tickets aren't crazy expensive: I'd like to buy for Brighton and London (still nervous about going alone though, hope some of you all here will be up for meeting me!) as I wished I'd got to go to TATINOF more than once. It does look like it's going to be more relaxed/'grown up' than TATINOF, too - hopefully less tiring for them since they're doing so many shows so close together!

Also Dan gets to do a show in Warsaw on his birthday, that's pretty cool.
Ablissa
pastel persona

blackdenim wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:07 am How exciting is this! I'm hoping tickets aren't crazy expensive: I'd like to buy for Brighton and London (still nervous about going alone though, hope some of you all here will be up for meeting me!) as I wished I'd got to go to TATINOF more than once. It does look like it's going to be more relaxed/'grown up' than TATINOF, too - hopefully less tiring for them since they're doing so many shows so close together!

Also Dan gets to do a show in Warsaw on his birthday, that's pretty cool.
Yeah, that's in my city! I'm so excited, I can't believe they're actually coming here. And you're right, it does sound more "grown up", which is great.
bluntedclaws
rainbow nerd

Ugh, VIP tickets for Toronto are $187.50.(about 130 euros) I would be way too self conscious to do VIP but both my kids would really like to. That's a heck of a lot of money for three of us though. :cry:
Sorry if I say something wrong. My first language is sarcasm. I've never really learned English
fancy_nancy
phabergé

fuck me gently with a chainsaw, just yesterday I said how happy I was I wouldn't have to decide if I wanted to go because they're not coming anywhere near me. They are coming to my country. idk what to dooooooo
misakichan274
delia smith
Pronouns: she/they

I haven't yet decided whether to go and I'm not even sure where I'll be at the time.. does anyone know how fast it might be sold out, say in Amsterdam or Berlin? I hope its longer than just this weekend
whelpkeeper
sad dimple
Pronouns: they/their

Oh goodness, looks like I'm missing out :sadgarbage: they're not going to any venues close enough to where I live that I'd feel comfortable going, and with my agoraphobia I don't think I'd do well traveling to the next nearest venue :wahh:

I've always been kinda a "vicarious living"-type person though, so I'm not devastated. But idk, it might have been nice to have the option of going, you know :shrug: still super excited to read all the threads, though :D I'll just hang in solidarity with everyone living super far from the tour locations

...yeah, kinda a sad post to make after going back to lurking for so long, I know...
The air soft as that of Seville in April,
and so fragrant that it was delicious to breathe it.