Dan & Phil Part 59: the literal other half

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides
Pronouns: she/her

We've made a new sub-forum for the Interactive Introverts Tour within the "meet and greet" section of the forum. In the sub-forum you will find a thread for each date, this can be used to arrange to meet up with other people who are attending (please arrange meetups responsibly and remember this forum is public, so anyone has access to it) and to also discuss the show itself. Hope everyone finds it handy, and sorry if there are any typos or incorrect spellings of places, it was a lot of threads to make and it's 1am here 8-) :lol:

interactive introverts sub-forum clickety-click
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

Now I've done the admin-y jobs, I am just reading back through the forum and wanted to reply to a few things. For the people who are worried and waiting for the trailer/video/more info, I just wanted to say, don't miss out. Tatinof was crazy good, like, I honestly cannot really put into words how good the show was, it was fantastic. I really didn't think it was going to be good from the trailer, but I was so wrong.
If they're coming close to you, and you're worried that you're too old/too young/won't fit in etc etc then pfft, get a ticket and go. One of the shows in London I went on my own, and got chatting to the girl sitting next to me (who was also on her own actually) and then the people around joined in, they were a range of ages, but everyone was really nice and sweet. I had never been to a show on my own before, but I would definitely do it again. When the lights go down and you get immersed in the show, you won't even be thinking about being on your own/being too old.
Also, I know so many people who kicked themselves when tatinof finished and were gutted they hadn't gone after seeing it on youtube, I am confident that Deps will put on a good show, they did it before and they are very creative. Don't miss out just because you're waiting for a trailer, or even because the trailer isn't what you expect. They will pull off something incredible, I'm sure of it.
LtrllySusan wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:15 am The issue is that you can't calculate the amount of shows based on the general population. Dan and Phil are English entertainment and therefore have a much bigger audience in English-speaking countries.
Since I am currently still working on some analyses for the Dan & Phil survey and have the raw data on hand, here's a quick frequency count of the people who took that survey - note that this is not a replica of their actual demographics but rather a sample of the more engaged phandom. I would love to see their actual YT demographics

Everything else is less than 1% of the total sample.
This image makes me laugh slightly, did us re-doing the D&P Survey actually help out Dan and Phil to choose where to go, the image of the demographics certainly make it seem that way seeing as that is 98% of the places they are visiting - happy to help you out guys :love2:

DatCog wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:15 pm I'm feeling apprehensive and I think it's mostly because I'm nervous of how expensive it's going to be!! I really want to go and both my girls want to go, probably all 3 of us will want VIP...could really do without a big credit card bill, before I've even started getting Christmas stuff :(
From memory, last tour, the UK part definitely, the VIP tickets were 2 per order so just keep that in mind if you need more than 2.

Kathrynxjane wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:09 pm So many countries, I am glad they have worked out the logistics this time.

22nd May is booked for me and my sister. Got to get my fingers ready on Tuesday! :thumb:
Hopefully see you there, me and a couple of others are hoping to do a little road trip to Brum :love2:

LtrllySusan wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:12 pm How fast do you guys think the central/Northern European shows will sell out?
(I am currently still interviewing for jobs and there is a good chance I have to move and I don't know if I can take holiday in the new job)
Last time it sold out quite quickly, VIP will sell out immediately, but normal seats take a bit longer. This may be slightly different though given that they've got sooo many dates.

AroboticPhil wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:27 pm Dan don't say that, now I've started dreaming of regular DITLs/travel vlogs in every country you visit....
(glad to know they've already started planning things so it looks like we won't end up in a tatinof-like drought)
Don't hold your breath, before they went off on US Tatinof they promised regular liveshows and videos, and it was so bad. Let's hope they learnt from that though and are already pre-filming videos now.

blackdenim wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:07 am How exciting is this! I'm hoping tickets aren't crazy expensive: I'd like to buy for Brighton and London (still nervous about going alone though, hope some of you all here will be up for meeting me!) as I wished I'd got to go to TATINOF more than once. It does look like it's going to be more relaxed/'grown up' than TATINOF, too - hopefully less tiring for them since they're doing so many shows so close together!
Don't be nervous, I will deffo be going to London (& hopefully Brighton) so deffo up for meeting. We can discuss our love for the two flat theory.
Lobster
glabella
Pronouns: She/Her

I'm weighing up whether I should buy tickets for Brisbane immediately or take a chance on buying them closer to the time since I can't really afford them rn. I'm also not 100% sure I'll still be living here next year.

I'm living for the fact that Brisbane gets two shows and Melbourne only gets one. Suck it Melbourne. Brisbane gets to be the cultured city this time!
I feel bad for people in Perth tho. Poor Perth always gets left out.
karma_yeah
philussy

pcvaidya wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:29 pm I've been lurking on here for a while because I find the discourse kind of fascinating, but I had to make an account to flail about the fact that D&P will be in my hometown (Sugar Land, TX). They just built a new theater that's been getting tons of new people. For example, Trevor Noah is there tonight. They will literally be 10 minutes from my house.

During TATINOF, their show in Austin was at Bass Concert Hall which is on UT Austin campus (my alma mater), and I honestly cannot parse them physically existing in places I spend so much time in. Super excited about this tour, considering getting a ticket honestly even though no one I know IRL knows that I watch them.
omg, I live in Sugar Land too! I always say "Houston" because who would know a suburb LOL. I'm about 15 minutes from the venue, which will make life much easier than last year. Traffic's a nightmare around here!

The theatre has moveable walls and can seat from 1500 to 6400. So I wonder how many seats they'll use

And will they go to NASA again? :tinfoil:
What goes around, comes around Image
kindofatrashcan
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

I was stalking Phil's likes on Twitter and I found this... Wow that made me realize how big this tour is going to be. :respekt:
sunshinias
spork

I was curious whether it was worth it to go so I found a site where I could map out all the locations to see if any were nearby. I probably won't end up going given that it's at least a 7 hour drive to get there and no-one IRL knows about my Deppy obsession, but if anyone's interested in looking at a map, here you go:

https://www.mapcustomizer.com/map/DP-2018-tour
(I'm not entirely sure the link works, so tell me if it doesn't)
:sunshine: ~let in a little sunshine~ :sunshine:
VengefulBlue
rainbow nerd
Pronouns: they/them

yesterday i was hoping for boston or montreal, but schenectady!! i won't even have to take a bus, my mum can drive there! (or maybe one of my sisters, but tbh i think mum would like it more) it's about as far as montreal but no border crossing so !!!!! i don't have words. i just really hope we can get vip tickets, bc i want to meet the guys obv, but also bc if not there's a good chance i'll be on a balcony and i cannot do that. so that's worrying :?
(last time i had balcony tickets was for disney on ice this past new years. i had a panic attack and nearly had to leave the show, luckily they had empty seats downstairs, so they let us switch. pretty damn sure that's not gonna be an option with this show)

i do hope they'll say a bit more before tuesday tho. i know that i'll like it regardless, but it's still a bit odd to go to a show when you have absolutely no clue what it's gonna be. i was loving dan's replies on twitter - so much, in fact, that my account is now locked due to 'suspicious activity' aka liking too many tweets. :roll:
(we'll see how that goes, they shouldn't rely on text messages to verify user id, some ppl don't have mobile phones)
alch
ar·tic·u·late

VengefulBlue wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:27 am yesterday i was hoping for boston or montreal, but schenectady!! i won't even have to take a bus, my mum can drive there!
Same, I live in upstate New York and I was just expecting the closest thing to be NYC. Schenectady's not a long drive, I could probably make it there and back in a day. Maybe I really will go.
fancy_nancy
phabergé

kindofatrashcan wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:16 am I was stalking Phil's likes on Twitter and I found this... Wow that made me realize how big this tour is going to be. :respekt:
Do we know how accurate this map is??? Dates for Mexico are not confirmed are they?
venividivicivino
smol bean

Yay so many Houstonians in this forum! I'm too nervous to admit to my friends about my dnp obsession because they've already partially shamed me for enjoying the dnpgames channel lol... but y'all make me feel better about my age as a fan (23) and how i kind of want to go see them... i'm more proper houston than sugarland but it's not a bad drive even though i'm sure traffic will be hell.

i do like the look of the tour though - stand-up comedy/presenting/storytelling etc feels like a natural evolution but i'm curious about how the audience interaction will be and if it will be similar or extremely different every time. it looks like a massive tour so i'm sure cultural differences could change the show significantly in fun ways if it's really interactive.
Topaz
not a first-time poster

Lobster wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:51 am I'm weighing up whether I should buy tickets for Brisbane immediately or take a chance on buying them closer to the time since I can't really afford them rn. I'm also not 100% sure I'll still be living here next year.

I'm living for the fact that Brisbane gets two shows and Melbourne only gets one. Suck it Melbourne. Brisbane gets to be the cultured city this time!
(Long time reader first time poster etc)
I'm from Perth and I'm gutted! I missed TATINOF as well because I couldn't afford the $80 AUD ticket. I'm graduating this year so I don't know what my plans for 2018 will be, but I think it's highly unlikely I'd be able to jet over east for a couple of days. SMH what's the point in coming all the way out here if you're only going to make it to three east coast cities... at least come to Perth and Adelaide. From memory they added at least one other TATINOF show in Perth last year as well, so the turnout can't have been that dismal.
whyamievenstillhere
smol bean

Okay hi. I'm new here. Literally made this account to know, are there really people about 24-25 years of age, going for the tour? Because I feel like I'd be like that creep lol in between all the kids, and I do see a lot of people mentioning that you should just go even if it's alone, and I think alone will make me look more like a creep. Idk, I really want to go, especially because uni was so hard and D&P helped me through some of my worst depression and anxiety episodes but idk man...
Kathrynxjane
janice from the shop

As it is going to be a different type of show (ie like a stand up comedy show) and Dan said it will week filmed, I wonder if someone like Netflix will grab it. They have a lot of Stand Up Comedy Netflix originals so maybe! :shrug:
whyamievenstillhere wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:29 am Okay hi. I'm new here. Literally made this account to know, are there really people about 24-25 years of age, going for the tour? Because I feel like I'd be like that creep lol in between all the kids, and I do see a lot of people mentioning that you should just go even if it's alone, and I think alone will make me look more like a creep. Idk, I really want to go, especially because uni was so hard and D&P helped me through some of my worst depression and anxiety episodes but idk man...
Hi and :welcome:

I went to Tatinof with my sister, I was 23 and she was over 30 ( :lol:). Yes we did feel like a few of the oldest there without children but tbh once you are watching the show, it didn't feel like it mattered how old(or young) you were.

Like many have said this is going to be a total different feel of a show. Feels like it is going to be more like a stand up comedy show than Tatinof.

If you want to go, i would go for it because you might regret it once the reviews come out!
"You can't just pull it out and put it in without a plan." Dan Howell 2015
holowaterfall
tol bean

Hello everyone ! long time lurker first time poster here
I skipped going to TATINOF because I just couldn't handle the idea, but with this one, as many others, I'm considering to go (especially because they are coming to Berlin on a Saturday:D). Seeing that some of you are thinking /planing to go to that venue is actually helping me relax and feel less stressed about going haha
the weeping of the sea
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

missemma wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:57 am We've made a new sub-forum for the Interactive Introverts Tour within the "meet and greet" section of the forum. In the sub-forum you will find a thread for each date, this can be used to arrange to meet up with other people who are attending (please arrange meetups responsibly and remember this forum is public, so anyone has access to it) and to also discuss the show itself. Hope everyone finds it handy, and sorry if there are any typos or incorrect spellings of places, it was a lot of threads to make and it's 1am here 8-) :lol:

Thank you emma :stan: That must have been a ton of work.
So many new faces here, :welcome: !

I am a bit unsure about the "two shows in one day" thing in Amsterdam. Going in the evening would make more sense for my travel plans, but I am a bit worried that it's just the "recycled" version of the noon show or they might be more tired.
Lobster
glabella

LtrllySusan wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:02 am
missemma wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:57 am We've made a new sub-forum for the Interactive Introverts Tour within the "meet and greet" section of the forum. In the sub-forum you will find a thread for each date, this can be used to arrange to meet up with other people who are attending (please arrange meetups responsibly and remember this forum is public, so anyone has access to it) and to also discuss the show itself. Hope everyone finds it handy, and sorry if there are any typos or incorrect spellings of places, it was a lot of threads to make and it's 1am here 8-) :lol:

I am a bit unsure about the "two shows in one day" thing in Amsterdam. Going in the evening would make more sense for my travel plans, but I am a bit worried that it's just the "recycled" version of the noon show or they might be more tired.
From my experience with matinees, nighttime shows are usually better to go to. Less people go to matinees and I find they often lack the energy and excitement that comes with an evening show.
dansnose
delia smith
Pronouns: she/ her

tbh i don’t mind only hearing more details on tuesday since i’m getting a vip ticket and travelling to berlin for it No Matter What and i’m glad they’re being up for sale so soon now cause it will make the flight and hotel booking cheaper for me since prices go up the closer you are for your travel date and i’m coming from israel and will turn this into a 5~ days vacation in my favorite city so it’s a win-win situation for me!

i think this show will be great like it obviously will be since these two idiots are very entertaining but i feel like they came up with something better than tatinof here and it’ll be more mature and less cringe persona driven which i’m Here for! i really can’t wait ahhh

also i wasn’t here for tatinof at all so i don’t know how it’s like to be in a content drought and i’m a bit Scared but also so excited to finally be a part of some big project!!!
emmaP
phillion/danosaur <//3

LtrllySusan wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:02 am

Yeah, im going to the amsterdam one as well! I guess the earlier show will be better if you get vip tickets (you know, for the M&G, since they're probably less tired and stuff.) But the evening one does sound like more fun.

ah crap now I also don't know what to do

is it normal to feel so... anxious for a tour? i mean shit it feels like im going to be on stage myself instead of just buying tickets.

also if anyone wants to go with me, send me a message cause im going alone and im scared already tbh
plastictrees
drama llama

whyamievenstillhere wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:29 am Okay hi. I'm new here. Literally made this account to know, are there really people about 24-25 years of age, going for the tour? Because I feel like I'd be like that creep lol in between all the kids, and I do see a lot of people mentioning that you should just go even if it's alone, and I think alone will make me look more like a creep. Idk, I really want to go, especially because uni was so hard and D&P helped me through some of my worst depression and anxiety episodes but idkman...
Hi 👋🏻I’m 24 and will be going alone go the Plymouth U.k. date as none of my IRL friends know about Deppy - I didn’t go to TATINOF last time for that exactly worry and i really regretted it! Totally you’re choice but you definitely won’t be the only one!
blackdenim
procrastinator

missemma wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:27 am
Don't be nervous, I will deffo be going to London (& hopefully Brighton) so deffo up for meeting. We can discuss our love for the two flat theory.
Yesss haha this has already put me way more at ease! Can't wait to make loads of people think I'm really weird as I desperately try to explain that Dan and Phil definitely have two flats.

Hello to all the new people! I am almost 30 and will definitely be going: I promise you won't look as weird as you think you will!

I went with a friend the same age last time and we honestly didn't stick out all that much (and it was almost the same as going alone tbh because she had no idea what was going on so it wasn't like I could get excited about the show with her... except for the fact she fancied Dan :lol:)

Also since it seems like a more grown up show and Dan has already replied to a tweet from a 25 year old saying you should go I am hoping people in general will be more welcoming of older fans?! Just cos that seems like the vibe.

Thinking back to when I was like 14-21 years old going to Fall Out Boy shows, I always thought it was kind of cool when older fans were there and was jealous of the disposable income they had to go to multiple shows/take time off work to stay late at stage door, etc. So hopefully we will all just be Cool Moms when we go!
malday
emo goose

Good luck to those going! I'd have to travel to a different country, and i can't afford it, and even if i did i couldn't compete for tickets, which from accounts from those who have been to the previous tour, disappear in minutes.
All i have to look forward too is a content drought. It's times like these i wish i did some self-preservation and didn't get too invested.
snokoplasmic
procrastinator

alch wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:13 am
VengefulBlue wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:27 am yesterday i was hoping for boston or montreal, but schenectady!! i won't even have to take a bus, my mum can drive there!
Same, I live in upstate New York and I was just expecting the closest thing to be NYC. Schenectady's not a long drive, I could probably make it there and back in a day. Maybe I really will go.
i'm not upstate, but living on long island i was also expecting to have to take a train for about 3 hours to get to nyc, i think i screamed a little when i saw that they're coming to uniondale lol
yourenotevenhuman
phillion/danosaur <//3

Lobster wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:51 am I'm weighing up whether I should buy tickets for Brisbane immediately or take a chance on buying them closer to the time since I can't really afford them rn. I'm also not 100% sure I'll still be living here next year.

Ahhh nooo haha I’m from Melbourne!! Brisbane will certainly be nicer to be at during August though I concede :P
Still very lucky that nearly 99% of the time an “Australian tour” will definitely include Melbourne. Hardly ever includes the western or northern cities.
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

LtrllySusan wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:02 am I am a bit unsure about the "two shows in one day" thing in Amsterdam. Going in the evening would make more sense for my travel plans, but I am a bit worried that it's just the "recycled" version of the noon show or they might be more tired.
Don’t be worried. I went to both shows in berlin for tatinof and they were equally as good, infact the evening one had more bants in actually (plus if you did both then there is time for a little wine inbetween haha). Definitely going to try to go to Amsterdam to see them!
captainspacecoat
stress mushroom

Lobster wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:51 am I'm living for the fact that Brisbane gets two shows and Melbourne only gets one. Suck it Melbourne. Brisbane gets to be the cultured city this time!
hey hey, don't be gettin too cocky, at least our state isn't responsible for pauline hanson ;)

i kid i kid, i'm not actually that salty i promise :lol: (only a little. our population is twice the size of brisbane's smh)

definitely with you on feeling bad for perth (and also adelaide) though, dnp are genuinely missing out by not going there :love1:

well-intentioned teasing aside, i really like the aesthetic of this tour so far, and while we really don't know what it'll entail i am keeping my fingers crossed for something a little more geared toward an older demographic, and a lot less ""cringy"" than tatinof. not that i will even go probably as i have no friends who watch dnp and august feels so far away, who knows what'll happen.

i really do hope they've learned their lesson from tatinof and that they are able to prefilm some gaming vids, and hopefully document their trip along the way, as five months is an astoundingly long time to suffer through minimal content