Dan & Phil Part 59: the literal other half

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
Brack
tol bean
Pronouns: she/her

For those really worried about getting VIP tickets, I wouldn't wind yourselves up too much! I watched the tickets selling for one of the London dates last year and the VIPs took (from what I remember correctly) minutes to 'sell out'. What usually happens is as soon as people refresh the page and see VIP tickets they tend to rush to reserve/add them to basket, so it looks like the tickets have sold out in seconds. In reality, people don't complete the transaction (they can't afford to/haven't got permission from their parents etc etc) and after a period of time the tickets are released again.
I'm not saying don't be fast, but also don't be disheartened if the tickets are "sold out" within seconds - just keep refreshing the page for the next 15 minutes or so to see if more are re-released ^_^ keep trying!
(Also, chances are if you're having trouble finding the ticket page right before release, then others are too!)
nigel ratburn
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

(anticipating more apartment analysis to determine which bedroom he's supposedly tweeting from)
DatCog
blobfish

nigel ratburn wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:23 pm (anticipating more apartment analysis to determine which bedroom he's supposedly tweeting from)
Oh I just assumed he was on the grey sofa in the main lounge!
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

nigel ratburn wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:23 pm (anticipating more apartment analysis to determine which bedroom he's supposedly tweeting from)
A blanket in the UK isn't really what you use in bed, that's a duvet, so I'm sure he was tweeting from the sofa, although I am always here for apartment discussions.
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
nigel ratburn

missemma wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:42 pm
A blanket in the UK isn't really what you use in bed, that's a duvet, so I'm sure he was tweeting from the sofa, although I am always here for apartment discussions.
ahhh you're probably right, silly me!! i was slightly judging him for being in bed at 6pm, lol
blackdenim
procrastinator

Brack wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:18 pm For those really worried about getting VIP tickets, I wouldn't wind yourselves up too much! I watched the tickets selling for one of the London dates last year and the VIPs took (from what I remember correctly) minutes to 'sell out'. What usually happens is as soon as people refresh the page and see VIP tickets they tend to rush to reserve/add them to basket, so it looks like the tickets have sold out in seconds. In reality, people don't complete the transaction (they can't afford to/haven't got permission from their parents etc etc) and after a period of time the tickets are released again.
I'm not saying don't be fast, but also don't be disheartened if the tickets are "sold out" within seconds - just keep refreshing the page for the next 15 minutes or so to see if more are re-released ^_^ keep trying!
(Also, chances are if you're having trouble finding the ticket page right before release, then others are too!)
Also I'd suggest checking back later in the day. A few weeks ago, I got tickets for a tiny gig that was 'sold out' by 9.03am, at lunchime. I guess others had assumed it would be sold out, so not all the tickets that had been left in people's baskets had been nabbed yet!
Last edited by blackdenim on Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DatCog
blobfish

I have a selection of blankets tucked down the side of the sofa for chilly days! I wonder if Phil was using his Bryony patchwork blanket or one of Dan's :D
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

The Ticketmaster app is sometimes better than the website. When the tour website has the links to where to buy tickets, some of the venues and other ticket companies might have their own apps too.

The links should all be up on the tour site, and info on each venue’s site, with enough time for people to take a look and get ready before 4pm, it shouldn’t be literally at 3.59pm.
willowgarden
squish

From the discussions several pages back, I'm in the 40+ club, and I'm definitely going to one of these tour dates. I'm old. I don't have children. I don't care if I'm sitting alone. I don't think I have any friends who know who D&P are.

But I do have the memories of checking a TATINOF venue two hours from my house in 2015, about two and a half months prior to the date, and seeing balcony seats left open (20 seats perhaps). I have the memory of adding a seat to a cart, of planning to schedule a day off work, and of considering the cost of gas/food to get there. Just before I checked out, I thought, "... don't be stupid." Cacelled the cart. Never went.

So, as I call down the line to much younger folks, if you're thinking about doing it, do it. Ask for it for Christmas or Chanukah. Get it for your birthday. And if you're old enough to be on your own, making money enough to afford it, just go. Because there's nothing like remembering things you didn't do because if your own fear and anxiety. You don't have to get VIP. You should make that fear your bitch and go.

One of these guys could get hit by a bus at any moment .

I've got two close venues picked. I'm going this time. Fucking try to stop me.
I don’t know anybody or anything. Please don’t ever talk to me again. Tell everybody to stop talking to me. ~ Kurt Vonnegut
auri
Pronouns: they/them

I actually feel kind of stupid for having anxiety over the tickets. Like, I'm pretty sure i can get us a normal tickets at leadt and that would be absolutely fine. I'm sure I'll enjoy the show (what ever it is about).

But hmm. Having a change to meet them and thank them for what they have done by just, making those videos and ugh. I've never been into m&gs, I've actually gotten anxious seeing some of my idols by accident. But for the last year or so, Dan and Phil has been such an important thing in my life. As an "adult" (I'm 23 years old) it makes me feel somewhat stupid to say it, but the truth is, i have been in a very dark place and my life seems like a mess. This last week i have genuinely laughed once and it was when I watched Phil's last ls. When I was having a really hard time last spring, i binge watched their bbc1 radio shows and the gaming channel for weeks and it was the only thing that seemed to keep me sane. So yeah, if it's possible to meet them and say "hi, thanks for what you do, you've really helped me get through some hard times" seems very, very important to me rn.

But I think that if I don't get the vip tickets, I'll still be happy to see the show. I mean, it's a way to support them at least and I bet the show is amazing.

Sigh, I'm sorry this is a bit of a mess, I'm bit of a mess, but I had to get this thing out of my chest. I'm wishing everyone luck at getting the tickets :lilheart:
alch
ar·tic·u·late

Brack wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:18 pm For those really worried about getting VIP tickets, I wouldn't wind yourselves up too much! I watched the tickets selling for one of the London dates last year and the VIPs took (from what I remember correctly) minutes to 'sell out'. What usually happens is as soon as people refresh the page and see VIP tickets they tend to rush to reserve/add them to basket, so it looks like the tickets have sold out in seconds. In reality, people don't complete the transaction (they can't afford to/haven't got permission from their parents etc etc) and after a period of time the tickets are released again.
That's good to know. I was a little worried about the VIP tickets, seeing as they might not be at VidCon this year and that the tickets sell out in minutes.

Also, say I'm on USA east coast time. Do the tickets come on sale at deppy midnight, or at my midnight, or at some other time?
autumnhearth
senpai

alch wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:25 pm
That's good to know. I was a little worried about the VIP tickets, seeing as they might not be at VidCon this year and that the tickets sell out in minutes.

Also, say I'm on USA east coast time. Do the tickets come on sale at deppy midnight, or at my midnight, or at some other time?
alch they go on sale at 4pm *your time* wherever you are.

Brack and anyone else with ticket buying experience. If I’m aiming to get VIP tickets and they appear to be sold out, should I wait to get the regular tickets... or can I order and then return if VIP tickets become available?
VengefulBlue
rainbow nerd

alch wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:25 pm Also, say I'm on USA east coast time. Do the tickets come on sale at deppy midnight, or at my midnight, or at some other time?
tix go live at 4pm local time (whenever it's 4pm at the venue)

so if you're going to a venue near home, 4pm EST. if you're going somewhere else, 4pm in whatever time zone it is

edit: autumnhearth beat me to it. but plz note if you're traveling, it's according to venue's time zone
DatCog
blobfish

willowgarden wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:42 pm From the discussions several pages back, I'm in the 40+ club, and I'm definitely going to one of these tour dates. I'm old. I don't have children. I don't care if I'm sitting alone. I don't think I have any friends who know who D&P are.

But I do have the memories of checking a TATINOF venue two hours from my house in 2015, about two and a half months prior to the date, and seeing balcony seats left open (20 seats perhaps). I have the memory of adding a seat to a cart, of planning to schedule a day off work, and of considering the cost of gas/food to get there. Just before I checked out, I thought, "... don't be stupid." Cacelled the cart. Never went.

So, as I call down the line to much younger folks, if you're thinking about doing it, do it. Ask for it for Christmas or Chanukah. Get it for your birthday. And if you're old enough to be on your own, making money enough to afford it, just go. Because there's nothing like remembering things you didn't do because if your own fear and anxiety. You don't have to get VIP. You should make that fear your bitch and go.

One of these guys could get hit by a bus at any moment .

I've got two close venues picked. I'm going this time. Fucking try to stop me.
This is a lovely post and I hope it encourages those who are unsure to just go for it! :platonic:
Hope you get your ticket on Tuesday :thumb:
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

oh boy here's the prices for anyone other vancouver peeps considering coming to the show:
it's so expensive! like I would love to do vip, but i'm also a broke student so this is just greattt
VengefulBlue
rainbow nerd

schenectady still hasn't posted prices and i'm so nervous about it, i have to get the $ from mum by tomorrow so i can order at 4. aaaa why can't people give info ahead of time :cry:
Brack
tol bean

autumnhearth wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:41 pm
alch wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:25 pm

alch they go on sale at 4pm *your time* wherever you are.

Brack and anyone else with ticket buying experience. If I’m aiming to get VIP tickets and they appear to be sold out, should I wait to get the regular tickets... or can I order and then return if VIP tickets become available?
I would definitely suggest having some regular tickets in your cart for backup - with most ticket-buying, there'll usually be a countdown showing how long they are temporarily reserved for so just make sure you always have some ready to purchase. Or it's up to you whether you want to just go ahead and buy some regular ones; I know that some vendors don't offer refunds/returns for unwanted tickets so you might want to check that, though!
yourenotevenhuman
phillion/danosaur <//3

Does anyone have any thought as to why some tickets haven’t been announced yet? Melbourne tickets are nowhere on the internet, and 4PM Tuesday is a day away here. I suppose, eventually, something will pop up somewhere, but it’s very disconcerting to say the least, especially as Sydney and Brisbane shows have ticket links already.
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

yourenotevenhuman wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:23 am Does anyone have any thought as to why some tickets haven’t been announced yet? Melbourne tickets are nowhere on the internet, and 4PM Tuesday is a day away here. I suppose, eventually, something will pop up somewhere, but it’s very disconcerting to say the least, especially as Sydney and Brisbane shows have ticket links already.
I would recommend calling the venue. I'm in Canada and the Toronto date had a ticketmaster link and price ranges, so I was confused why Vancouver didn't. While the venue couldn't tell me anything about the prices, they did tell me who the tickets were being sold through (a company I had never heard of called tickets tonight lol). So calling the venue is the best bet you have. Good luck!
yourenotevenhuman
phillion/danosaur <//3

obsessivelymoody wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:43 am
yourenotevenhuman wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:23 am Does anyone have any thought as to why some tickets haven’t been announced yet? Melbourne tickets are nowhere on the internet, and 4PM Tuesday is a day away here. I suppose, eventually, something will pop up somewhere, but it’s very disconcerting to say the least, especially as Sydney and Brisbane shows have ticket links already.
I would recommend calling the venue. I'm in Canada and the Toronto date had a ticketmaster link and price ranges, so I was confused why Vancouver didn't. While the venue couldn't tell me anything about the prices, they did tell me who the tickets were being sold through (a company I had never heard of called tickets tonight lol). So calling the venue is the best bet you have. Good luck!
Thank you for the reply! Yes, someone in the Melbourne show subgroup called the venue and supposedly they are aware they are hosting the event but have no information about tickets or anything else. Which sounds crazy! Maybe I will also try today myself. I love Dan and Phil but there indeed has been barely any time from announcing a tour to selling tickets. :shrug:
allsaintshowell

psa to check your show's ticket page and confirm the onsale time. for example, the florida show's ticket listing on axs says the onsale starts at 10am est but the venue page says the onsale starts at 4pm.
Image Image
mermaid blood
Moderator Emeritus

I don't have time to go through everything at this minute, i'm still at work- is Melbourne, Australia the only date on the tour with no ticket information? are there any other cities experiencing the same thing?

4pm Tues is less than 24 hours away so it's very odd. I predict if there isn't anything up by tomorrow morning, they won't go on sale the same time as the rest of the world.
art in avatar by lily
VengefulBlue
rainbow nerd

mermaid blood wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:06 am I don't have time to go through everything at this minute, i'm still at work- is Melbourne, Australia the only date on the tour with no ticket information? are there any other cities experiencing the same thing?

4pm Tues is less than 24 hours away so it's very odd. I predict if there isn't anything up by tomorrow morning, they won't go on sale the same time as the rest of the world.
schenectady still hasn't posted prices, if that's what you mean. i think they'll probably post tomorrow, given the barrage of tweets/comments/DMs/emails they got today. tho maybe some venues don't know?? that doesn't really make sense, but neither does announcing a tour 4 days before tickets go live and not describing the show much at all. :roll:

also, apparently ticketmaster is now showing sales start time of wednesday nov. 15 at 9 am for sydney. someone contacted the company and they (company) said they'll look into it, it may be some kind of glitch.

see, this is why dnp need to announce things in advance. i don't think some of these venues really know how to handle this sort of thing - most have been good about posting prices as soon as they know, but some haven't, some seem confused about sales time, etc.

dnp should really give it a week next time (if there ever is, obv): do their exciting but vague announcement, give venues a couple days to get all their info up, then dnp give a little bit about what it is. a few extra days for fans to swindle as much cash as they can from parents, then sales go live. keep the hype but make it a bit less nerve wracking.
Ablissa
pastel persona

mermaid blood wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:06 am I don't have time to go through everything at this minute, i'm still at work- is Melbourne, Australia the only date on the tour with no ticket information? are there any other cities experiencing the same thing?

Our venue (Warsaw, Poland) still hasn't posted anything either. I called them yesterday, being the impatient ball of anxiety that I am, and they told me that they have no idea about anything yet. I'm scared :lol:
mermaid blood
Moderator Emeritus

VengefulBlue wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:24 am
schenectady still hasn't posted prices, if that's what you mean.
not prices - anything. the Melbourne show doesn't come up when you google it, and two posters have rung the venue named on the dan and phil site, and had verbal confirmation by a staff member that they know of the show being held there, but no other information, no ticket vendor named, nowhere to direct them. nada.
also, apparently ticketmaster is now showing sales start time of wednesday nov. 15 at 9 am for sydney. someone contacted the company and they (company) said they'll look into it, it may be some kind of glitch.
this is a big fuck up. people will be at work/school/otherwise unavailable to buy the tickets on the dot and will have organised someone to do it on their behalf (I will have to do this myself); impossible when you don't have a time to give someone.
see, this is why dnp need to announce things in advance. i don't think some of these venues really know how to handle this sort of thing - most have been good about posting prices as soon as they know, but some haven't, some seem confused about sales time, etc.
venues deal with this all the time, they usually refer back to the performing artist for the most responsibility. so I agree, Dan and Phil need to change their strategy, it leaves people feeling stressed when they should be feeling excited and giving them free word of mouth advertising. i'm not sure what their thinking is, but they apply it to nearly everything they do, so at least we're prepared to be unprepared. maybe they feel, it's not enough time for people to change their mind or be talked out of it? people are more likely to spend impulsively? if so, it's a good business strategy, you gotta give them that.
Ablissa wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:27 am Our venue (Warsaw, Poland) still hasn't posted anything either. I called them yesterday, being the impatient ball of anxiety that I am, and they told me that they have no idea about anything yet. I'm scared :lol:
did they give you confirmation they've heard of the show? i'm sorry you're in the same boat as us. :|
art in avatar by lily