Dan & Phil Part 59: the literal other half

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
citizen_erased
truth bomb

Can these boys please, please learn to do announcements ahead of time.

Well, guess I'll just catch up later.
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides
Pronouns: she/her

I know this is going to get lost between the livestream posts but in case you want to take part, the IDB 2017 survey has just been posted HERE.

It'll only take a few seconds to complete and is totally anonymous :)
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
sunshinias
spork

missemma wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:19 pm I know this is going to get lost between the livestream posts but in case you want to take part, the IDB 2017 survey has just been posted HERE.

YAY! I've been looking forward to this! :D
:sunshine: ~let in a little sunshine~ :sunshine:
DatCog
blobfish

Can't watch it live right now but very pleased to see the return of this game :)
Ewok
rainbow nerd

I'm seriously going to miss all the live streams while they're on tour. I feel so spoiled now. Their Saturday gaming live streams are especially nice for me to look forward to after a long stressful workday. Dunno how I'll cope once they're out and about traveling the world and living their best lives :wahh:
»»-————𝓯𝓵𝓸𝓹𝓹𝔂 𝓭𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓭𝓸𝓷𝓰————-««
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Ewok wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:31 pm I'm seriously going to miss all the live streams while they're on tour. I feel so spoiled now. Their Saturday gaming live streams are especially nice for me to look forward to after a long stressful workday. Dunno how I'll cope once they're out and about traveling the world and living their best lives :wahh:
Livestream gaming might actually be one of the things they could do - no editing involved. It would just come down to finding something they could stream on a laptop. (And maybe a new laptop that can handle it, since I'm not confident either of theirs could.)
sugar
eclipse shirt
Pronouns: they/them

good stream but not my favorite. definitely annoyed that they're waiting until after tickets are on sale to give any detail on the tour...maybe even wednesday now? pretty much anyone who wants to try for close seats has to do so without any information. ugh.
lilabet
philussy
Pronouns: She/Her

Ah that was so good. It lagged a few times but not too bad. I really enjoy this style of game for the livestream. With Mario cart there was just slightly too much going on.

I'm so glad that most people are excited for the tour. I agree with the worries about a content drought but I hope they learnt from last time.

One thing i really like about them is that they have never pushed a crappy product. Some people might not like the books or the shows but you can't say they didn't work hard on them. I'm really looking forward to the tour as i really enjoyed Tatinof even though i cringed through the fanfiction bit.
I was just reminded today when i saw a review of Zoella Christmas advent calendar which is £50 for 12 'presents'. They're not even her items. Anyway i was just reminded that i actually own a bit of Dan and Phil stuff and none of it was ridiculously priced.
Phandom Gives
@phandomgives on social media. Check out the website for the latest information and current donation drive! <3
Lucyrg95
sofa crease

blackdenim wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:29 pm
Lucyrg95 wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:41 pm okay y’all have convinced me and I think I might try to go to the Leeds show, it’s a pretty small venue which is cool but I’ve found it awkward for shows, I saw Ross Noble there and could hardly see him because the seats on the floor are all on level ground and the stage is not that big and I’m 5”10 so just a heads up in case anyone wanted to know about that venue or was deciding between that and Manchester :thumb:
I dunno if the seats were set out different for Ross Noble, but I went to the Leeds TATINOF (which was also at the Town Hall) and was on the floor about half way back and could see everything really clearly (I’m 5’9”). So hopefully it’ll be the same layout and you’ll get a good view!
ooooh yeah they didn’t make the rows very long and we were all in a long strip (if that makes sense) and it was pretty weird, the stage setup was also a bit basic so I’m hoping deps will be better laid out, thank you thank you! :D :D
Ablissa
pastel persona

The stream was a lovely surprise and I enjoyed it even though it interrupted my studying :D
The only thing that's starting to make me go a bit "meh", is as always, the chat. I'm sick of the ladydoor thing, it was funny for a while but now after seeing it all over I just want it to stop. Is it just me?
malday
emo goose

missemma wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:19 pm I know this is going to get lost between the livestream posts but in case you want to take part, the IDB 2017 survey has just been posted HERE.

Just a heads up, the link takes you to the old survey thread.
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

I enjoy that game, I actually want to download it myself and play it.

This is the first time I've watched the livestream on my laptop and it was interesting to see all the #spon they had. On mobile you don't get to see the options as clearly, so I finally saw the £5 a month sponsorship button so you can get into the less crazy chat (I mean is it worth it when people just constantly spam with the lady-door thing which is getting as old as don't cry, craft), but I also saw the option where you can send questions for money, aka "Super chat". Well, I must admit I was quite shocked at the range of money you can spend, which started at £1.00 which put your question up for 0 seconds (what is the point of that) to £500!!! FIVE HUNDRED QUID.

MythicalPinkTrashCan
phabergé

DatCog wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:11 pm
alittledizzy wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:01 pm
DatCog wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:58 pm Hey, I'm still stressing about getting tickets on Tuesday! Posted this on the general tour discussion thread but I don't think anyone is looking in there. Is there anyone with kids who did VIP for Tatinof who might know??
VIP tickets: I saw missemma's post last night on the main thread saying that there might be a 2 ticket limit on these per order. Has anyone seen any info about what the restrictions are likely to be? I have a 12 year old who is too young to go on her own, do I also need a VIP ticket to stay with her? Her older sister isn't old enough to accompany her. I'm not personally bothered about the VIP experience although I'd love to see my daughters meet the boys and take their photos. 3 x VIP tickets will be too much for me financially :(
Butting in here solely based on the experience of having seen this at the meet and greet I went to, there were definitely parents accompanying minors there. What happened with the group ahead of me is that the mom just told Marianne what she was there for and Marianne let her stand there watching while the kids met Dan and Phil. (And they did say hi to the mom too, she just didn't get a picture or anything autographed or a goodie bag.)
Thank you :love2:

This is exactly what I'd hope would happen! I'd love to say hi to them - my girls will almost certainly point out to them that I'm also a fan which will be both cute and embarrassing for me - but I don't need the bag, selfie, autographs etc. If I get VIPs for my girls and a normal ticket for me, I guess I'll have to sit separately from them in the theatre?
Oh I'm so glad to see this! I probably won't be spending that much on my 7 year old (because she probably likes having food for dinner more than meeting D&P) but I was curious how it would work if we did decide last minute to buy it.
Ewok
rainbow nerd

missemma wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:29 pm I enjoy that game, I actually want to download it myself and play it.

This is the first time I've watched the livestream on my laptop and it was interesting to see all the #spon they had. On mobile you don't get to see the options as clearly, so I finally saw the £5 a month sponsorship button so you can get into the less crazy chat (I mean is it worth it when people just constantly spam with the lady-door thing which is getting as old as don't cry, craft), but I also saw the option where you can send questions for money, aka "Super chat". Well, I must admit I was quite shocked at the range of money you can spend, which started at £1.00 which put your question up for 0 seconds (what is the point of that) to £500!!! FIVE HUNDRED QUID.

I was curious and just converted to USD it's $659.50. Holy. Crap. Wow. What a waste of money. I'm actually really shocked that's even an option.
WHY? What mysterious millionaire is out there spending that kind of money on super chats? Wtf :rofl:
»»-————𝓯𝓵𝓸𝓹𝓹𝔂 𝓭𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓭𝓸𝓷𝓰————-««
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

Ewok wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:37 pm
I was curious and just converted to USD it's $659.50. Holy. Crap. Wow. What a waste of money. I'm actually really shocked that's even an option.
WHY? What mysterious millionaire is out there spending that kind of money on super chats? Wtf :rofl:
I would hope that no one is really spending £500 on a message, but it shocked me that there is even an option to spend that much money - glad my finger didn't slip to the "buy now" button.

On another note, I realised since Deppy were sponing their new D&P emojis, I thought I would remind everyone of our own Dan and Phil emoji thread. We used to spend so much time making them that there are some proper funny ones, really should start this up again. Just a few random ones from the thread:

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Just watched the gaming stream and loved it. I thought they did pretty well on the game and I found all the ladydoor stuff quite funny, that word just has a ring to it. Also Dan’s reaction, Dad!Dan rises ;)

I’m curious what the sponsor-chat emojis look like, funny that the dab one was most popular, dabbing is pretty old now.

The bants were great too, both of them shouting at each other, some realness a few times too. Good to hear Dan falling off his chair is never fake and still happens monthly off-camera.

They both looked great too, not that they don’t usually, but Phil’s cheekbones were particularly on point.
alch
ar·tic·u·late

Did Phil really have to create female exit? Just as lady door was cooling down.

I'm still in the process of watching this stream but it's seeming good. I've liked their fireboy and watergirl series though I think it would work better if it weren't live since some of the longer levels should be edited.
auri
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie
Pronouns: they/them

I'm just very curious why they're waiting to talk about the tour after the tickets go on sale? Like they literally said that they may do the ls on Wednesday and I understood it that way, that on Wednesday the tickets will be out everywhere. I just? It's so weird, are they sneking us or whattt.
Secretstanner
truth bomb

auri wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:08 am I'm just very curious why they're waiting to talk about the tour after the tickets go on sale? Like they literally said that they may do the ls on Wednesday and I understood it that way, that on Wednesday the tickets will be out everywhere. I just? It's so weird, are they sneking us or whattt.
I think it’s really weird too, I wish they would at least drop the mini trailer before not after the tickets go on sale. I don’t doubt that it will be amazing I just wanna know about it and get excited. I understand them doing a live stream after they go on sale but not with us knowing not a thing about it. I wasnt around when the tour tickets went on sale last time.

Did they do the same thing? Did anyone know anything about how the show was gonna play out? I kinda got the impression that no one knew what it was really about until they went to see it. Please correct me if I’m wrong or if they are telling the same amount of information as last time.
karma_yeah
philussy

hello9217 wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:14 pm Hello fellow Houston peeps. I just got into dan and phil back in March so I wasn't here for Tatinof. I'm now thinking about the Sugarland show though. I will be 21 by then and have no one irl that would go with me but it could be really fun. Plus I don't really care about meeting them, I think just being in the same venue as them will be surreal. A couple of days ago when they announced the tour I immediately thought that it's not for me but now I'm actually really excited :D
Yey! That's at least 4 of us so far. Maybe we can try to meet before the show :)
What goes around, comes around Image
sarmstr2
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

Guys, just a tip. If you are planning on going to a show, sign up to the venue's newsletter. Sometimes, if you are a "member" they send out codes for early ticket sales. I know mine does!
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

(Link fixed!)
Viofish
glabella

quick question but, how many people here are going to go to their Vancouver show?? I hope it doesn't sell out super quickly, (VIP that is) because I'm gonna go, but I won't have the money until like 5 pm. For anyone who bought tickets for tatinof, did the VIP from every show always sell out super quick???
"when you finna nut but no one wants to help with your kink"
greenergrass
stress mushroom

This is random, but I was just watching some old videos, and in "A Tour of Dan's Brain"

after talking about the 'existential crisis' part of his brain at around 3:36, he says "it's been growing somewhat alarmingly over the last few years, but i'm working on it..." This was posted on Dec 6, 2014 which we know now is around the time he started getting help for his depression.

This really has no importance at all, but I just find it interesting to see these little mentions of things that we now know about (not just his mental health, but anything with deppy in general). Sorry if anyone takes this as me digging into his mental health or anything, I just like to see the little signs of steps he was taking at the time that we had no idea about at that time, and thought other people might also appreciate this.
Last edited by lefthandedism on Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed youtube embed
helloflyingjellyfish
tol bean

auri wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:08 am I'm just very curious why they're waiting to talk about the tour after the tickets go on sale? Like they literally said that they may do the ls on Wednesday and I understood it that way, that on Wednesday the tickets will be out everywhere. I just? It's so weird, are they sneking us or whattt.
I think that they mean in some timezones, it'll be Wednesday already. For example, in Australia and New Zealand, Dan's liveshows are usually on Wednesday mornings and Phil's ones are on Friday mornings even though it's Tuesday and Thursday respectively in the UK.