Dan & Phil Part 60: Lady Door Tour

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
allsaintshowell
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie
Pronouns: she/her

flurry wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:35 am Considering that they're going to be in Singapore towards the tail end of the tour, I don't think they can come out publicly and then still appear to tour without some issues, sad to say.

Also those TBC dates - anyone knows why it isn't confirmed yet? I might be in London at the end of September (oh the irony) and miss them completely.
they said in the ls that tbc means that they don't have the visas/venues 100% nailed down yet but it will be happening
Image Image
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Liveshow timestamps!

:32 - Opening with thirty solid seconds of bantering about whether or not Phil looks like Tom Hiddleston and Phil being done with Dan's izzle-ing.
:40 - They opt for 'we forgot tickets went on sale Tuesday!' explanation as to why they moved the livestream, and not 'we realized waiting was a mistake based on mass volume of complaints.'
2:09 - Dan: Squeeze it out the female exit.
2:30 - Cuteness where Phil isn't sure if Dan is talking to him or chat.
3:25 - Dan shows off the design.
4:33 - They explain the vision of the show: fun, positive, people to leave feeling happy.
5:10 - Dan dragging Phil for formatting his description like in The Apprentice.
5:30 - The Amazing Tour is Not on Fire - worst name. That one was sketches and high concept story, this time it's just about the realness, being there live, interacting with you the people.
6:15 - But not just improvised and made up.
7:00 - From Phil: "It's gonna be real Dan and Phil."
7:42 - Interactive Idiots
7:50 - Explanation of how it came to be: halfway through TATINOF, Dan didn't think there would be a second world tour.
8:43 - Talking about why they decided to do it; Dan talks as much to/at Phil as he is addressing the audience.
9:05 - Phil with that hand splayed against his chest is so cute.
9:40 - More talk about TATINOF and how they made it up as they went along, and it took a year and a half. "This time we were like, you know what, let's just smash out the whole thing in three months."
10:27 - Explanations about their website, venues, information that is there and what's coming.
13:06 - Explaining why some locations are TBC. (They don't have visas for Mumbai yet.)
13:32 - No forced interaction. Ways for people coming to get involved if they want, but it's voluntary.
14:05 - Phil stressing that this show is for everyone, Dan adding that TATINOF was about the history "so naturally" the content was a lot of "lions and llamas and whiskers" but this is about Dan and Phil of now, being in the moment.
14:43 - This show is gonna be about kinks and ripped jeans and mental health.
15:00 - Might be inappropriate if you're like, nine. If you're fine with the gaming channel you're fine with the show.
15:23 - Phil says this show is gonna be "even more" for [older fans].
16:18 - "You've all got something in common... which is how much you hate Dan and Phil."
17:15 - Not like TATINOF where they have time to add more dates, probably won't add shows if things sell out.
18:48 - Phil doesn't want people to obsess over VIP. They're putting their creativity into the show [not VIP].
19:44 - It will be filmed but no original movie and a documentary and a DAPGO. Phil says they might release it somewhere (iTunes or Netflix) but not the whole thing again.
20:17 - Channel schedules; keep gaming rough schedule it has, just as many videos. Some livestreams, or something. They are bringing 'wifi things' out. Liveshows or something different. Phil says: "Something... wait and see. We've got some ideas."
21:35 - Phil calling Dan out for the dog calendar.
21:50 - Their hatred of the word announce/having announcements. They like a happy medium, no total surprise.
23:15 - Loose plan, no script.
25:28 - Dan loved the life of touring.
25:35 - Dan says "Hopefully not." another tour bus - Phil says less than last time, not living on it as much as they were.
28:03 - Phil says it's not a trailer (being posted tomorrow), Dan defends that it is because trailers can be many things.
29:02 - Another Dan video next week, dee-dubs.
29:26 - The beetle situation. "Phil is very, very dramatic."
30:29 - Burrito!gate; Dan describes it as "Disney prince moment." Dan: "You could have played it off as an amazing compliment." Phil: "Shiny motorcycle helmet really does it for me."
31:48 - They had a good time meeting people at events this year, they remembered the vibes.
32:06 - Phil: "We just wanted to do it again. Mainly for you guys but also a little for us, just a little bit of joy."
33:05 - No other conventions, just tour.
33:35 - rip Dan's plants
33:53 - Phil singing All By Myself
34:55 - Phil woofing.
35:12 - Dan starts bopping, Phil does too.
35:43 - Phil and merch designs, an OTP.
36:34 - Dan is excited about an excuse to not eat healthy, they're both looking forward to regional food.
37:19 - What will they wear on tour?
37:37 - Dan says, "I'm quite a sweaty guy." and Phil does a smirky laugh.
40:14 - Phil is not on fire on the horizon.
Ewok
rainbow nerd

So is everyone just stressing about VIP tickets selling out or the entire show? My venue (LA) is pretty massive, should I be worried about the entire show selling out quickly? I'm thinking I'll shoot for better seats, not VIP, I just want to not be in the nosebleeds. Will I need to be trigger ready at 4 for 'average' seats?

I've honestly never seen so much stress around getting into a show before. I wasn't super active in the Phandom when TATINOF went down. This is all pretty crazy to me. And even crazier to think how much money I'm about to drop to take myself to go see them. Fml :philtrash:
»»-————𝓯𝓵𝓸𝓹𝓹𝔂 𝓭𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓭𝓸𝓷𝓰————-««
OhItsElliott
drama llama
Pronouns: He/him

Ewok wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:13 am So is everyone just stressing about VIP tickets selling out or the entire show? My venue (LA) is pretty massive, should I be worried about the entire show selling out quickly? I'm thinking I'll shoot for better seats, not VIP, I just want to not be in the nosebleeds. Will I need to be trigger ready at 4 for 'average' seats?
I'd also like to know if other people are stressed about regular tickets selling out very quickly. Would love to hear experiences from anyone in a timezone where tickets are released ahead of mine! There does seem to be a fair bit of hype around social media about this show.

My venue is only 1,800 capacity and it's the only one in the PNW since they decided to not do a Portland show this tour so I'm a little nervous about all tickets selling out in a matter of minutes... :? Sure hope that's not the case though and / or I'm fast enough but guess I won't know until it happens tomorrow since it seems like they've booked a whole range of venue sizes. I might also just be paranoid due to past experiences trying to get tickets to shows or festivals that have sold out fast and maybe I'm stressing over nothing. Was a far more casual viewer when TATINOF happened so I don't have much to go on.

Also, hi, hello, looong time lurker, first time poster. I really enjoy reading this forum so happy to start joining discussions :thumb:
mermaid blood
Moderator Emeritus

thank you alittledizzy for the stamps! feedback to the liveshow/tour sounds much improved, i'm off to watch it now.

Phil's fainting-in-the-arms-of-the-delivery-man tweet and fanfic reply, oh my. i love that phil increasingly bringing up guys (that are not dan, and directly explicit innuendos at dan, lol) are comparatively more sweet and whimsical. i'm not basing this on much, to be fair, just my poor recollection of a handful of things from the last 6 months or so.

I echo everyone who's brought up reasons they "can't" be more transparent (if there's anything more to be transparent about), they risk not being allowed into some countries as we've seen in the past with foreign acts. pretty sobering and sad reality.

I'm far more interested in this 'forever house' Dan brought up; I feel if and when that decision goes through it will impact things significantly as house ownership records are public in the UK. we at least know that is unlikely to happen till this current venture has wound up, and maybe more in terms of years rather than months or seasons (unless they're gluttons for punishment and love to be stressed doing a hundred things at once...which, they kinda do, so who knows)
OhItsElliott wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:06 am I'd also like to know if other people are stressed about regular tickets selling out very quickly. Would love to hear experiences from anyone in a timezone where tickets are released ahead of mine!
I'm watching our threads here for that, some kiwis have scored tickets so posts are starting to dribble in:
http://indepthbants.com/viewforum.php?f=43
euphoricxdystopia wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:18 am wooahh... 0.o I was just on the New Zealand Ticketmaster since the tickets for that show were just realised now, and it took 8 minutes for the VIP tickets to sell out, and 14 for all the seats on the stall/stage level/first level to sell out!
I imagine the competition will be stronger in further flung places, and comparatively less so in the U.S./UK, but still pretty quick. Tatinof VIP sold out here within minutes last time, I got a row K seat and (my proxy friend) was on the website on the dot of release.
art in avatar by lily
RiriPandaHeart2
phabergé

It's an hour til tickets are on sale here and I'm getting really anxious. I've been literally sat here in front of the computer screen since 1 pm my time and staring blankly at the countdown on the ticket website. I really think it's gonna be brutal. I think this is the only time they'll come to my country, so everyone is apparently aiming for VIP. :?

Remember the last time I was here I was expressing my fear that they might not sell as much tickets here? Consider my worries sufficiently eased as I found out it was just me being in an IDB-bubble (I only follow 2 accounts that are Dip & Pip related that aren't from IDB). I started following the official fan accounts based in my country and boy was I surprised at the number of people who are fans of them here. Now I'm getting really worried at not scoring VIP. I know Phil said that the show should be the focus, but with the slim chance they'll ever go here again, and the relatively lower prices (it's not cheap, but it's significantly cheaper than Kpop acts tickets by almost $100), I think it's going to be sold out in minutes. :shock: :?

I'm still trying to find a buddy to go with. I've tried really hard to talk to people (especially the ones who are worried about being older than the rest of the crowd) but I guess I'm just too awkward to actually carry on a conversation. So just reiterating that if any lurkers here want a tour buddy, I'm going alone. :platonic: :ribena:
P: What are you doing?

D: I'm feeding it to you.

P: Why is it so slow?
RiriPandaHeart2
phabergé

Sorry for double posting. I've already missed out on the edit window. :oops: Just wanted to share the good news that I was able to buy VIP tickets for the 2nd show. I'm still traumatized by how fast everything happened. :shock:

They have 2 shows in our country, which I'm now infinitely grateful for. The VIP tickets for the 1st show literally sold out in seconds. It was a good thing I had the tab for the 2nd show already open so when everything was taken, I was immediately able to switch to the 2nd show. :shock:

Tips for those in countries that they seldom go to (so the competition will be fiercer) and will buy online through a credit card:
1. Type everything before hand so you'll just have to copy paste your details (this usually includes your name, address, contact number and credit card details). It'll be faster to do so.
2. Refresh the page. if it were like in our country where they give you the option of choosing your seats first or just the ticket section, I advise that you get the ticket section instead of choosing your seat. That was how I got delayed in the first day for VIP tickets.
3. Transfer your funds to your card already (if need be). Inflate the prices by at least $5. The price reflected in the website prior to this day was around $5 lower. It's supposedly for convenience fee. (Disclaimer: this might be the venue's or website's doing and not Dip & Pip's, but just to be on the safe side). :platonic: :ribena:
P: What are you doing?

D: I'm feeding it to you.

P: Why is it so slow?
kalli
butt chair

I'm going to try for VIP in Toronto but I'm definitely prepared for any outcome since I tried for tatinof as well and I didn't manage to get it. But this time my roommate is going to help me too, and the plan is to try for VIP on our laptops and a standard ticket on our phones as a back-up, so hopefully one of our four searches will pull through.

:stan: <- me bowing down to the ticket gods to bless me with amazing tickets

A lot of people have already mentioned this, but definitely don't give up if it says there are no tickets available. Keep refreshing and there's a chance you'll get one that someone else was holding but decided not to buy. If you still don't get any, check back frequently until the show, especially in the week or so leading up to it. Often reserved seats will be released, and in some cases new sections will be added last minute. Just last month I managed to get front row floor seats for Halsey 3 days before the show for regular price.

Also, this may just be my account being glitchy but for anyone using ticketmaster, recently I've been getting a "sorry, there was an error with your search" message every time I try to buy tickets as soon as they go on sale. If this happens to you, log out of your account and try again while logged out. I read that switching to a different browser will often solve this problem as well. Don't panic if you get an error message, just make sure you're prepared with your login details, a back-up browser, a secondary device and a calm mindset u got dis :love2:

rainydays wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:41 pm I have to say I disagree with people saying that they haven't planned this out or they're not as excited as they were for tatinof. I actually got the impression that they are extremely excited. And as for the planning, this show sounds like the kind of thing you can't tell too much about for 2 reasons: 1) to not spoil it 2) because it's just based on a loose scheme and a lot will be improvised.

I studied drama for a few years and every year we did this "open class", as we called it. Basically it was a performance, we had an audience and everything, but we didn't have a script to memorize, we relied only on a rough pattern, and we improvised most of the rest. There was no way of telling how the show would go beforehand, because the audience was supposed to be directly involved, giving us prompts to act on and generally being in charge of the route the show would take. Let me tell you, it made for a simultaneously terrifying and hilarious experience for us, and a great load of fun for the audience.

I'm assuming dan and phil's show will be something like this and it's exactly this layer of unpredictability that will make it good and has me very excited for it.
I didn't go to tatinof, but based on what I've seen, I think you just have to forget about that, because this will likely be very different.
I'm so glad they're dropping their branding and doing something less scripted, more genuine and mature. I think it will be a bit like a long, unedited version of PINOF, where they bounce off each other a lot, while trying to fulfill people's weird requests and challenges.
I completely agree with this. I'm not sure what more they can possibly share without giving away too much. Just what they've said comparing it to tatinof (not quite as theatrical but still a performance, geared for an older audience, much more interactive, etc.) already says quite a bit about it.

Secretstanner wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:53 am Can someone help? I don’t have much experience with buying tickets more places that big.
I’m hoping to get two standard tickets for the London show and was gonna buy them through the ticket master app.

Would it be better/ easier to purchase them through the venue website or through ticket master?

If anyone knows that would be a big help thanks <3
From what I can tell, tickets for the London show are being sold exclusively through the venue, so you'll definitely have to use the venue website!
madd09
not a first-time poster

Ewok wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:13 am So is everyone just stressing about VIP tickets selling out or the entire show? My venue (LA) is pretty massive, should I be worried about the entire show selling out quickly? I'm thinking I'll shoot for better seats, not VIP, I just want to not be in the nosebleeds. Will I need to be trigger ready at 4 for 'average' seats?

I've honestly never seen so much stress around getting into a show before. I wasn't super active in the Phandom when TATINOF went down. This is all pretty crazy to me. And even crazier to think how much money I'm about to drop to take myself to go see them. Fml :philtrash:
I got tickets for one of the Brisbane Australia shows and they did sell out within a few minutes and then i checked back and about half the main floor was sold out so it depends on your venue and if 22 rows back is still a good view you should be okay but to guarantee I would say try and get on in the first ten fifteen minutes at the latest,
Diyes_Celine
truth bomb

I totally agree that you shouldn't give-up. I refreshed the page for an hour and finally got a vip ticket. But I guess it's not a vip meet-up ticket. I am still very happy to get one after my twitter meltdown. (There goes my Korea trip on April.)
mermaid blood
Moderator Emeritus

alittledizzy wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:12 am
30:29 - Burrito!gate; Dan describes it as "Disney prince moment." Dan: "You could have played it off as an amazing compliment." Phil: "Shiny motorcycle helmet really does it for me."
just caught up on the live show - this moment, whoa.

when was the last time Phil joked about falling for a guy? never? perhaps? mildly huge step there but as always, so subtle. he looked totally comfortable too with Dan taking it there first, and had no problem finishing the thought. and Dan had no hesitation or even looked over at him when saying it, either.
art in avatar by lily
mysterylovescompany
morning quiff

Diyes_Celine, I didn't know there was a difference between VIP and M&G, or such a thing as a VIP ticket without M&G? I thought you could get regular or VIP, and VIP = good seats + M&G. At least, that's the way it's been in the past. :shrug:

I'm trying not to be stressed about the Melbourne tickets. Why isn't there a date and time or even a link yet???
lilabet
philussy
Pronouns: She/Her

There's a few cute responses to fans under it but I can't be bothered copying them.
Phandom Gives
@phandomgives on social media. Check out the website for the latest information and current donation drive! <3
hello9217
flower crown

Really curious about how fast Russia will sell since they are the 3rd largest audience yet ik no one from there who watches them
autumnhearth
senpai

Congrats Riri and thanks for the tips! I was very relieved last night when my venue finally posted information. I’m up early, with less than 8 and a half hours to go :lol:

Thanks for the timestamps dizzy that was a cute ls. The notification for it took me by surprise as I was painting, and I only really listened, not watched. But then I played it again at dinner, both to share info with the fam and watch them interact.

I had a moment of hesitation when they said the show might not be appropriate for 9 year olds, but honestly the first videos my son and I watched together were baking, and his favorite series is Golf, so the damage is already done. All the innuendos go right over his head and the “don’t repeat anything that comes out of Dan Howell’s mouth” rule has worked well so far. There may come a day that he understands all of their references and is horrified that we watched them together, but today is not that day.

And since it’s a thing, I’m also on team “no coming out before tour”. I’m also day dreaming about PINOF 10 in their forever home (just hire someone to move your stuff while you’re on tour, boys). But glomping would be appreciated regardless.
liola
rankussy

Tickets are released in two hours and I'm gonna be at the bank lmao thankfully I got a friend trying to get them and I'm not going for VIP.

I don't have much to say, all my stress is on the fucking tickets right now ugh and I said I wasn't going to go lmao

I'm on team no coming out before tour, but I admit the thought crossed my mind. Especially because they're focus on this tour being more real on them as people than danandphil persona wise. I've been thinking about it quite a lot and I don't know how to put it down in a way that makes sense, maybe I should just write a one shot on it lmao
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
autumnhearth
senpai

liola wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:58 pm I'm on team no coming out before tour, but I admit the thought crossed my mind. Especially because they're focus on this tour being more real on them as people than danandphil persona wise. I've been thinking about it quite a lot and I don't know how to put it down in a way that makes sense, maybe I should just write a one shot on it lmao
Do it! 10/10 would read! And good luck! :tu:
DatCog
blobfish

Over the next few hours a lot of us on here will be trying to get tour tickets. Just wanted to say a big GOOD LUCK to everyone and really hope you're all able to get the tickets you want :platonic: :tu: :clapping: :6-year-old dan: :happytyper: :yippee:
liola
rankussy

autumnhearth wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:18 pm
liola wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:58 pm I'm on team no coming out before tour, but I admit the thought crossed my mind. Especially because they're focus on this tour being more real on them as people than danandphil persona wise. I've been thinking about it quite a lot and I don't know how to put it down in a way that makes sense, maybe I should just write a one shot on it lmao
Do it! 10/10 would read! And good luck! :tu:
Don't tempt me I haven't written fanfiction in months and my fingers are ITCHING but no time :'((((( but maybe I will. I've been thinking about it too much. Who cares about my thesis amiright

One hour to go and still no price info for stockholm watch me cry as I find out general tickets are more than 50 bucks and I'm alone lol
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

I'm not even going for VIP but I'm still nervoussssss :D
nephilimcat
woodland creature

LtrllySusan wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:14 pm I'm not even going for VIP but I'm still nervoussssss :D
Same. 34 minutes left for me omg ;ghost;

Good luck everyone! :blackheart:
pulvis et umbra sumus
auri
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie
Pronouns: they/them

So. That was a fun experience... I didn't even see the tickets. 15:59 they wasn't on sale yet and 16:00 they were all gone. So either the site is somehow broken or the tickets for the Helsinki show literally all went in seconds. So it seems like it's a no tickets for me then.

Gonna probably go watch the dog video on repeat now.
Diyes_Celine
truth bomb

Susannah wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:41 am Diyes_Celine, I didn't know there was a difference between VIP and M&G, or such a thing as a VIP ticket without M&G? I thought you could get regular or VIP, and VIP = good seats + M&G. At least, that's the way it's been in the past. :shrug:

I'm trying not to be stressed about the Melbourne tickets. Why isn't there a date and time or even a link yet???
My bad. The vip meet-up doesn't show when I use my phone. I just checked it using a computer and vip meet-up is in the ticket. I thought I needed to pay for an additional fee.

Will we have a Dan ls today?
Andy
squish

auri wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:29 pm So. That was a fun experience... I didn't even see the tickets. 15:59 they wasn't on sale yet and 16:00 they were all gone. So either the site is somehow broken or the tickets for the Helsinki show literally all went in seconds. So it seems like it's a no tickets for me them.

Gonna probably go watch the dog video on repeat now.
Sad virolainen here, i was on the site and no more available tickets showed up after 6 past 4. Still don't know if my friend's dad got the tickets or no, so my hopes and dreams are in purgatory rn :?
somethingsketchy
janice from the shop

Wow, the Helsinki event sold out in three minutes. I'm so glad my friend managed to get us tickets. However, I'm pretty sure one section and one price category weren't available at all even though they were listed on the page so I guess there might be new tickets added later.