Dan & Phil Part 60: Lady Door Tour

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
autumnhearth
senpai
Pronouns: she/her

BSV wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:28 pm
VengefulBlue wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:19 pm re: trailer
it's a nice little video that says absolutely nothing we haven't already heard, but why does dan saying "give the people what they want" terrify me so much?? idk man, dan needs to stop saying words that imply things unless he means them (does anybody get what i mean here? bc tbh i don't know what i'm trying to say)
SAME!! oh my i cant wait!
Yeah... I’m trying to think of the times that they have said that phrase. The only ones that comes to mind is Dan filming Phil licking the spatula in Monster Pops and the borrowing Phil’s jacket story in Dan’s April 4th ls. I thought there was one with feeding, but it’s not said in either of the Easter Baking vids. Still it definitely implies fan service and yeah... Still enjoyed the trailer and I’m hyped for the show and hearing stories from all the other locations.

Uh oh top of the page. Do we think we’ll be getting the Sims vid today or Friday? And what is the likelihood Phil will do his ls on Thursday?
Last edited by autumnhearth on Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dansnose
delia smith
Pronouns: she/ her

autumnhearth wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:33 pm
it's a nice little video that says absolutely nothing we haven't already heard, but why does dan saying "give the people what they want" terrify me so much?? idk man, dan needs to stop saying words that imply things unless he means them (does anybody get what i mean here? bc tbh i don't know what i'm trying to say)
Yeah... I’m trying to think of the times that they have said that phrase. The only ones that comes to mind is Dan filming Phil licking the spatula in Monster Pops and the borrowing Phil’s jacket story in Dan’s April 4th ls. I thought there was one with feeding, but it’s not said in either of the Easter Baking vids. Still it definitely implies fan service and yeah...

i think the third time was the joint 2016 thanksgiving liveshow when dan “fed” phil chocolate or something like that lol
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

dansnose wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:36 pm
autumnhearth wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:33 pm
Yeah... I’m trying to think of the times that they have said that phrase. The only ones that comes to mind is Dan filming Phil licking the spatula in Monster Pops and the borrowing Phil’s jacket story in Dan’s April 4th ls. I thought there was one with feeding, but it’s not said in either of the Easter Baking vids. Still it definitely implies fan service and yeah...

i think the third time was the joint 2016 thanksgiving liveshow when dan “fed” phil chocolate or something like that lol
My theory is definitely still that when Dan says 'give the people what they want' what he really means is 'This is something I want to do but I'm also aware that fans will like it therefore I'm going to head off over-analysis of it by acknowledging before I even do anything that fans do want this' and has become his safety blanket phrase for doing anything slightly outside of normal boundaries for that reason.

Because yeah fans want to meet them, fans in countries/states they've never been want to see them, but also from that liveshow: I'm absolutely certain that for whatever reason - enjoying productivity, thriving on a schedule, seeing more of the world before they settle down - Dan really, really wanted to do a second tour.
George
sad dimple

I'm really curious to see what I want, because honestly I'm not sure what I want, or more accurately, what I don't want. :rofl:
You should never go to sleep on an argument.
allsaintshowell
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

i'm genuinely laughing imagining phil saying "just let him adopt the damn pigeon janet" with a straight face
Image Image
Aeryth
squish

just spent other three hours trying to get vips for Moscow - plenty of tickets got unbooked today because most people didn't realise you have to physically come to the venue to get them. and my friend literally came to the venue from another city hoping to buy some of them for us, but the system is so messed up that you have to call the venue to get the ticket and at the same time it appears on the website and people can grab it faster than the operators, which the booking office can do nothing about :-? I'm still wondering how someone managed to buy tickets through this website because yesterday it started dying as soon as everyone rushed to buy the tickets. what kind of witchcraft did they use :shrug: :lol:

anyway, we managed to get the second-best tickets in the end, the front row of the stalls, right behind the vips, and the venue is tiny, so I'm pretty happy about it, I'm going to actually be in the same room with Dan and Phil, and just a few weeks ago I could only dream of it!

I'm excited for everyone who got/is going to get their tickets and just don't be sad if you can't get what you want because I remember how massively sad I was about the European tatinof where I wanted to go so badly and couldn't do anything about it, they announced it too late to make all the arrangements, but now there is the second - and much better - chance :D

p.s. congratulations, Australia! :prideheart:
parallel
phabergé

Aww, now they've both tweeted about it. Congrats, Australia <3
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Aww, koalas and rainbow flags. Good job, Phil. :prideheart:

Also, I love this tweet response:
He's turning into Dan with the 'we' responses to 'you' questions.
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

blackdemin and mermaid blood, thanks for contributing great advice! when i met one of my favourite authors for the first time it was terribly awkward because i didn't say anything at all until she was signing my last book when i spewed out a bunch of crap, so staying calm is always good haha. and of course, like you said, if they look rushed or are eating or something, it's probably not the best time to bother them.

but (not to sound like a broken record or a bother), i'm still curious if anyone who has plucked up the courage to talk to them and hangs out here would like to share their experience!
Ablissa
pastel persona

How is the ticket situation in your area? I'm curious about the sales, but not curious enough to check each and every venue. :D
Poland sold out within ~30 mins of release, although the website was down for almost an hour from 4 pm, so I'm not counting that. However, there are over 200 tickets that haven't been paid for yet and will be released soon, so there's that.

I hope the sales go well for the boys and that everything sells out eventually.
citizen_erased
truth bomb

Ablissa wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:28 pm How is the ticket situation in your area? I'm curious about the sales, but not curious enough to check each and every venue. :D
Poland sold out within ~30 mins of release, although the website was down for almost an hour from 4 pm, so I'm not counting that. However, there are over 200 tickets that haven't been paid for yet and will be released soon, so there's that.

Amsterdam isn't sold out yet. I just checked, and I can still get tickets in the best non-vip area for the evening show, though I can't find anywhere that shows how many seats are still free. (I wish I had 70+ euro casually lying around :cry: :cry: )
DatCog
blobfish

Still a number of seats for Brighton (more in the evening than the matinee) and also lots for Plymouth (even a couple VIPs when I checked earlier). For both of these venues, it didn't look like the cheapest tickets had been released yet. Not sure if this is a standard thing to hold back the cheap seats until the more expensive ones have been sold :|
RiriPandaHeart2
phabergé

Ablissa wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:28 pm How is the ticket situation in your area? I'm curious about the sales, but not curious enough to check each and every venue. :D

Honestly the sales in the Philippines/Manila is bad atm. :? VIP for both days are sold out. But the tickets sold for each of the other areas are all less than half. (orchestra left, center & right) (loge left, center & right) (balcony left, center & right) for both days. So if you guys have friends who are from Manila/Philippines, pls. tell them that a lot of regular tickets are still available. :platonic:

I'm hoping that sales over Christmas would increase. :?
P: What are you doing?

D: I'm feeding it to you.

P: Why is it so slow?
liola
rankussy

All shows in Sweden have available tickets, Stockholm more so, I think bc it has 2 shows in the same day. Don't know how many are left but there's def a lot. I'm quite surprised
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
mm_sunny1993
spork

Berlin is almost sold out. The 2 cheaper ticket options are fully sold out since a few hours but there are still a few (maybe 30) more expensive ones available.
I'm actually surprised that they sold out that well here in Berlin^^
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Ticketmaster shows a whole lot of seats left at the show I'm going to - the first eleven rows sold out, and generally everything else seems available. But it is quite a massive venue - capacity 8000. I think this one is destined to look like an empty show even if it actually ends up selling solidly well.
I'm sure the fact that they're also doing three shows within five hours of each other in Texas has a lot to do with lacking sales there, as well.
susan2
rainbow nerd

There's 1 x VIP ticket cropped up for the Edinburgh matinee if anyone's still looking -
http://www.usherhall.co.uk/whats-on/dan ... introverts
nigel ratburn
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

there are still a bunch in north carolina left, but all pretty far back (the far left and right seats are cheaper than the center ones but it's pretty even in terms of how far back they've sold out)

it's also an amphitheater and there's a lot of pretty cheap lawn seating in the back with no indication of how much space is left, so i don't know if it will completely sell out at all (i saw idina menzel with lawn seating when i was nine and it was super chill and fun so i hope people enjoy that option and it doesn't rain)-- i think after christmas might be a better indication
flamingo
not a first-time poster

hello hello

I've left the lurking corner to come join in the fun :woohoo:
I thought in the midst of the ticketing madness I'd introduce myself. I actually finally stumbled down the dnp chute in april (really right before the waterfall of blessings we've had) after watching the sims series and slowly but surely getting into the dnp content after shunning it(for all the previously mentioned connotations that can come along).

After going through I think pretty much anything and everything dnp (what a roller coaster of a time machine), I luckily stumbled onto the wonderful bunch of you folks! Althought I've only been involved for about 9 months it feels like years already! These boys sure have a way of pulling you in. :number1:

Anyways, just thought I'd finally join the gang and as a side note, after reading through the posts of everyone worrying about tickets I just want to give you all a huge hug :platonic:

I feel like I already know so many of you just from reading all your posts <3

please resume in your ticket quests
MythicalPinkTrashCan
phabergé

alittledizzy wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:04 pm
Ticketmaster shows a whole lot of seats left at the show I'm going to - the first eleven rows sold out, and generally everything else seems available. But it is quite a massive venue - capacity 8000. I think this one is destined to look like an empty show even if it actually ends up selling solidly well.
I'm sure the fact that they're also doing three shows within five hours of each other in Texas has a lot to do with lacking sales there, as well.
yeah, Grand Priaire/DFW Texas's show still has lots of general seating left. I'm glad I rushed to get my favorite area to sit in though. I love being in the higher seats, but right on the edge of the guard rail. I feel like that is the best seat for seeing everything. And that's the exact seats we got.
Ablissa
pastel persona

Thanks for replying! It seems that smaller venues sell out insanely fast (ours is ~670 seats), while the bigger ones stay empty-ish. The one dizzy posted is HUGE, I guess they never expected to fill that, at least I hope not.

Do you think that they'll mostly sell out before the tour begins? My heart aches at the thought of them not doing well with this tour, but there's still months until it begins, so I guess things will sell out slowly.
DatCog
blobfish

I have spare tickets for the Plymouth show that I really need to sell at some point before May so I'm desperately hoping that it sells out because nobody will want them otherwise! Can only discount a little bit :|
katemko
delia smith

I don't live there but San Diego seems to be selling pretty well. About half the seats (maybe a lil more) have been sold but this theatre is huge so I think that's fine.
i'm so funny. i am the funniest person in the world. ryan gosling finds me hilarious. i'm in a submarine.
hellothere
tol bean

RiriPandaHeart2 wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:45 pm

Honestly the sales in the Philippines/Manila is bad atm. :? VIP for both days are sold out. But the tickets sold for each of the other areas are all less than half. (orchestra left, center & right) (loge left, center & right) (balcony left, center & right) for both days. So if you guys have friends who are from Manila/Philippines, pls. tell them that a lot of regular tickets are still available. :platonic:

I'm hoping that sales over Christmas would increase. :?
Agree with RiRiPandaHeart2 regarding the ticket sales in Manila. However, I believe that a lot of people will buy after the holiday season since i'm pretty sure they will ask this for Christmas gifts from their parents. I also saw a lot of Filipino fans on Twitter saying that they will buy tickets when the event is already near since they still need to save money to see Dan and Phil. Filipino fans still have 10 months to save so I think it will be fine :D
cerulean
smol bean

DatCog wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:39 pm I have spare tickets for the Plymouth show that I really need to sell at some point before May so I'm desperately hoping that it sells out because nobody will want them otherwise! Can only discount a little bit :|
Twickets for Dan and Phil's World Tour is now open, I think. Could try selling them there:
https://www.twickets.live/tour/930111848798232576