Dan & Phil Part 60: Lady Door Tour

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

"Nobody wants Dil to get a cat."

I did, you cat-anti asshole. Unstanning. Lowkey disappointed they didn't go for the fox.

tbh while watching them squee over dogs was very cute and kinda domestic the rest of the video was super dull and I don't care for it that much.

When the times comes I'll be very disappointed if they don't let go of any preferences for breeds and just go to a proper shelter to adopt an adult dog that suits them... I get that puppies are cute and you can train them how you want (though I have very little faith in Phil concerning discipline ngl) but if you put a bit of effort in you can find an adult dog that will be perfect for you and far less mess than a pup. /shelter volunteer mode out
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
liola
rankussy
Pronouns: she/her

Listen I'm not even a dog person, I was hoping they'd get a kitty BUT THAT SHIT WAS CUTE.

Dil getting abducted again made me laugh so fucking much I had to pause the video. Damn :rofl: maybe dalien's mom wanted updates on him

Also Phil fond and dreamy look towards Dan about how nice and relaxing having a dog sounds :garbage: get that world tour boys, get that cash, buy your forever home and get that dog. You want to. We want you to. Please.
I also hope they would adopt, but I'm a big hypocrite as I say this bc If I ever changed my mind about dogs I'd get an Akita/Shiba Inu. They're just TOO cute.
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
autumnhearth
senpai

Oh nevermind, apparently Phil said *being* a dog must be so nice and relaxing. Ah well. :shrug:

Still a really cute video. You can tell how genuinely happy and excited they were both about the game and the tour. Good times.

How did they not hear Dil’s getting abducted? I heard the alien music. Unless they just amplified it during editing...
swofro
angel bean

Catallena wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:10 pm "Nobody wants Dil to get a cat."

I did, you cat-anti asshole. Unstanning.
Echoing this. That is all.
:@*&!: :sadgarbage: :tantrum: :rage:
Love is forever
malday
emo goose

autumnhearth wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:46 pm 24 mins in, after they’ve both cooed over the sleeping pupper and Dan says he wants to punch something, Phil turns toward Dan and says “aww getting a dog must be so nice and relaxing” and that is my favorite moment.
Mayabe i misheard it but i thought Phil said "being a dog must be so nice and relaxing"?
rainydays
sofa crease

swofro wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:22 pm
Catallena wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:10 pm "Nobody wants Dil to get a cat."
I did, you cat-anti asshole. Unstanning.
Echoing this. That is all.
:@*&!: :sadgarbage: :tantrum: :rage:
SAME. I won't stand for this kitten erasure anymore.
Ewok
rainbow nerd

AroboticPhil wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:36 pm • 18:36 Phil: "A dog welcome mat ! That says 'Hey, we're a family that has a dog!'"
• 24:16 Phil's fond dreamy look when finding the dog sleeping in Dil and Tabs bedroom
•25:15 "And then y'all could be staring at that good boy.... Not Phil. No talking about Phil. Forget us"
Phil's little comments about being a 'dog family' and being touched when the dog was sleeping in Dil & Tab's bedroom were so damn cute. :love2: So cute to think about a doggo curling up at the foot of their bed. Aww.

Their puppy was actually... surprisingly really cute! I dunno why I thought it would come out insane looking. Have to echo my fellow cat lovers tho... I'm a cat lady and I'll fight them if they trash talk cats ever again lmao. Square up, deppy. FITE me.

I also second the bugs being an excuse for moving in the future. WHOOPS, we left on tour for a few months and came home to a beetle invasion... Time to move! :dh:
»»-————𝓯𝓵𝓸𝓹𝓹𝔂 𝓭𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓭𝓸𝓷𝓰————-««
JustMarie
drama llama

Sims video was nice. Been a long time since I liked a Sims video.
I expected the dog to be horrendous but it actually turned out to be really cute. :love2:
And as everyone said, how dare them talk about cats that way! Unsubscribing next time! :dh: (i'm joking obviously)
alch
ar·tic·u·late

That was honestly really cute - I highkey would watch them go to a pet store and look at dogs

also if dil is pregnant this entire series is going to be even more chaos than before
pastelspectre
stress mushroom
Pronouns: he/him

that video was cute omg. i have been blessed. i cant wait to see how they react when they really adopt a dog. all the cute comments they made were adorable as usual. cant believe they didnt know dil got abducted hahaha
:transheart:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

alch wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:04 pm That was honestly really cute - I highkey would watch them go to a pet store and look at dogs

also if dil is pregnant this entire series is going to be even more chaos than before
If Dil is pregnant again I think alien-mum needs custody.
autumnhearth
senpai

malday wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:22 pm
autumnhearth wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:46 pm 24 mins in, after they’ve both cooed over the sleeping pupper and Dan says he wants to punch something, Phil turns toward Dan and says “aww getting a dog must be so nice and relaxing” and that is my favorite moment.
Mayabe i misheard it but i thought Phil said "being a dog must be so nice and relaxing"?
No, you’re right. And it makes more sense with the “relaxing” part.
Ewok wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:40 pm
Ewok wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:40 pm [quote=AroboticPhil post_id=76641 time=<a href="tel:1510950970">1510950970</a> user_id=1505]
• 18:36 Phil: "A dog welcome mat ! That says 'Hey, we're a family that has a dog!'"
• 24:16 Phil's fond dreamy look when finding the dog sleeping in Dil and Tabs bedroom
•25:15 "And then y'all could be staring at that good boy.... Not Phil. No talking about Phil. Forget us"
Phil's little comments about being a 'dog family' and being touched when the dog was sleeping in Dil & Tab's bedroom were so damn cute. :love2: So cute to think about a doggo curling up at the foot of their bed. Aww.

Their puppy was actually... surprisingly really cute! I dunno why I thought it would come out insane looking. Have to echo my fellow cat lovers tho... I'm a cat lady and I'll fight them if they trash talk cats ever again lmao. Square up, deppy. FITE me.

I also second the bugs being an excuse for moving in the future. WHOOPS, we left on tour for a few months and came home to a beetle invasion... Time to move! :dh:
That is terribly sweet to picture. Thank you. :garbage:

I get that they’re mainly dog people now, but I feel like they’re forgetting their roots. Their pinof better be extra good this year or the cat gods will be pissed. :whiskers:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

katemko
delia smith

I’m a cat mom myself. Cats are superior animals. Not our fault dnp cant see it.
i'm so funny. i am the funniest person in the world. ryan gosling finds me hilarious. i'm in a submarine.
VengefulBlue
rainbow nerd
Pronouns: they/them

another cat person here, don't be so anti kitty, boys! (phil has actually said he likes cats, he's just allergic. i remember a bbc video where they visited an animal shelter and phil hung out with a kitty? and a mention in a liveshow at some point)

phil's natural hair!! i always forget how much i love it until i'm reminded.
he looks so much healthier with lighter hair, the black really washes him out. granted, he was probably tanner then, but the point stands. i wish he'd go back to some shade of brown, because this blue-black he's got going is so awful, esp when combined with the current style.

i understand that he might be insecure about his hairline (or just really love that style), but it's suiting him less and less as time passes, looking more like an awful comb-over or even a wig. obviously the quiff would be best, but even if he just switched to a softer black and combed his hair more naturally (no more swooping down to cover his forehead), he'd look better. less like he's trying to hide his age, more like he's confident and knows he's good looking.

disclaimer
obv phil can do what he wants with his hair, clothing, life, etc. i don't think he's going to listen to anyone's suggestions unless he already wants to do them. i also don't know that he's trying to hide his age/hairline/anything else, just that it's a possibility and is fairly common for men his age [my older brother, for example]. and regardless of what he does with his hair, phil's still very pretty.
captainspacecoat
stress mushroom

I thought the video was really cute! I appreciated that Phil was so in love with the idea of a loyal dog that just wants to be loved all the time, what a sweetpea :')

As for whether or not Dan and Phil will eventually get a corgi/shibe or adopt, I just keep reminding myself of the legendary "Or maybe it'll be an ugly mongrel we adopt"moment in Dan's liveshow earlier this year, and pray to the dog gods that they do decide to adopt. Dan mentioned in the video how important dog adoption is, and how his family dog was adopted, so I think it's something they would seriously consider. They would genuinely be great dog owners I think, they'd spoil their future dog rotten I'm sure :love2:
pcvaidya
squish

I am honestly living for the idea of all the cute dog instagrams they would post (if they ever get a dog of course). It just seems so clear to me that they want one.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Fellow cat ladies unite! :whiskers:

VengefulBlue wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:11 am another cat person here, don't be so anti kitty, boys! (phil has actually said he likes cats, he's just allergic. i remember a bbc video where they visited an animal shelter and phil hung out with a kitty? and a mention in a liveshow at some point)
Yeah Phil likes cats, he also really liked Latte and Cinnamon (Duncan and Mimei's cats). It's his allergies that made him pick a team. But Dan is a true dog person, not that he hates cats but he just doesn't really care for them. I do think they both have trouble with the more independent nature of a cat though. They like how focused dogs are on people, seems to really be a thing they're looking for in a pet.

But unless Dan is gonna rebrand the PINOF cat whiskers to dog whiskers, he needs to not. :x
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Catallena wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:32 am Fellow cat ladies unite! :whiskers:

VengefulBlue wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:11 am another cat person here, don't be so anti kitty, boys! (phil has actually said he likes cats, he's just allergic. i remember a bbc video where they visited an animal shelter and phil hung out with a kitty? and a mention in a liveshow at some point)
Yeah Phil likes cats, he also really liked Latte and Cinnamon (Duncan and Mimei's cats). It's his allergies that made him pick a team. But Dan is a true dog person, not that he hates cats but he just doesn't really care for them. I do think they both have trouble with the more independent nature of a cat though. They like how focused dogs are on people, seems to really be a thing they're looking for in a pet.

But unless Dan is gonna rebrand the PINOF cat whiskers to dog whiskers, he needs to not. :x
Definitely agree with Dan being a true dog person... and I think Phil is the type who would probably take any kind of pet offered to him.
fancy_nancy
phabergé

I don't blame them for not being cat people tbh, I used to be a 100% dog person until I adopted my cat. I love and spoil him so much, but really he's an asshole
VengefulBlue
rainbow nerd
Pronouns: they/them

alittledizzy wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:49 am
Catallena wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:32 am Yeah Phil likes cats, he also really liked Latte and Cinnamon (Duncan and Mimei's cats). It's his allergies that made him pick a team. But Dan is a true dog person, not that he hates cats but he just doesn't really care for them. I do think they both have trouble with the more independent nature of a cat though. They like how focused dogs are on people, seems to really be a thing they're looking for in a pet.

Definitely agree with Dan being a true dog person... and I think Phil is the type who would probably take any kind of pet offered to him.
definitely agree that phil would take any pet - he even gets excited over those shrimp thingies :lol: but yeah, most of the draw seems to be having an animal that loves up on them, cuddles, etc, and constantly adores them.
dansnose
delia smith
Pronouns: she/ her

that video was pretty boring it took me three sittings to finish it. dog is very cute, seeing deppy get excited over dogs is cute. but overall it was pretty dull.
i really wish they’d wrap up the sims series and make room for a new game there are so many games out there that aren’t sims/ silly flash games sigh.
i do get that they’re attached to dil and i don’t think they’ll ever stop the sims vids but at least try to make them more entertaining i beg
loonyradish
living flop

loonyradish wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:57 pm ahh that was a great livestream, my day just got 100 % better <3

- I love the mint pie rating with Dan (even if anything with mint flavor beside tea tastes really terrible imo)
- Sims tomorrow and Pinof next week (maybe) <3
- Phil talking about how he totally would allow his kid to have a pidgeon was so cute and made me realise again what a great dad he would be (even if getting your kid a pigeon is probably a really bad idea)
- I got excited when he talked about linguistics, because that's what I'm studying in uni atm, and we literally discussed that 2 weeks ago
- i don't even know what to say to the "you and dan are so married"-thing. Is this even real? omg. first thing i did was looking over here to see if I had misheard anything :lol:
I'd just like to mention that about 5 minutes ago I learned that "mince pies" don't have anything to do with (pepper)mint. I feel stupid :lol:

Also, liked the Sims video, even if I didn't watch the previous 5-10 episodes or so. Cute dog makes everything better and actually got me interested in the series again <3
Ablissa
pastel persona

Reading these posts I get the feeling I'm in the minority in not wanting them to end The Sims. I'm not saying it's super exciting, but I watch their videos for them, not for the game - and their Sims videos always bring some nice Deppy content. I don't think they're that bored with it themselves just yet, they seem attached to the series, and I watch everything they put out, so I don't really care.

I think we have to face the fact that they are NOT some top notch big gamers and they will never be that. Maybe they play a lot of stuff in their spare time, but they don't share that with us and I don't think they ever will. They play whatever they think is suitable for the channel, and as long as they get views, I doubt that will change.

The one thing I would like to see them do in the Sims is to do something a bit more crazy just for the sake of seeing their reactions. Have Tabitha cheat on Dil, have Dil become a vampire, I don't know. Just something outside of the happy family box they've got now. :D But yeah, I like their Sims series, as long as they don't do another Dragon City I will be happy :lol:
captainspacecoat
stress mushroom

Ablissa wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:37 pm Reading these posts I get the feeling I'm in the minority in not wanting them to end The Sims. I'm not saying it's super exciting, but I watch their videos for them, not for the game - and their Sims videos always bring some nice Deppy content. I don't think they're that bored with it themselves just yet, they seem attached to the series, and I watch everything they put out, so I don't really care.

I think we have to face the fact that they are NOT some top notch big gamers and they will never be that.
I agree with basically your whole post but I whittled it down for convenience. Especially the bolded bit - obviously everyone's opinions are totally valid and I can see how the Sims could be getting kinda old for a lot of people, but I actually thing it tends to provide some good bants between them (it often leads to domestic anecdotes and reminiscence of their childhoods), and given that they've been uploading them quite infrequently lately (the Sims video before this one was uploaded about six weeks ago) I don't personally feel over-saturated by them. I'd be quite happy for them to continue, so long as they keep up a steady mix of other games alongside the Sims.

I also agree with the last sentence of yours that I quoted - no matter how much we may wish for them to choose more serious games, I don't think they ever will. I get the feeling that they're happy keeping the channel accessible for gamers and non-gamers alike, and I also think they're conscious of not wanting to ruin personal gaming for themselves. There are certain games which I think they're more comfortable playing off-camera, and while many of us probably wish they'd play these more legitimate games on the gaming channel it's just not the direction they've decided to take the channel in.