Dan & Phil Part 60: Lady Door Tour

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
anenergetic
spork
Pronouns: he/him

auri wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:51 pm I'm having so much feelings with all the "our", "we" and "us" and the feelings get stronger when it's Phil using them.
Each time they use we/our my heart grows another size.
gay :prideflag:
liola
rankussy
Pronouns: she/her

That tweet is so damn cute and I can't even figure out why. Strong we/our theme once again.

Also I still believe the apartment actually has 3 floors, I stand by that. Makes sense to me, that the filming sets are the lowest, there's a middle one with moonroom, bathroom, some thing else maybe and then a third one with kitchen/lounge. To me it's more plausible than them living separately, which is so :rofl: those boys share everything how would that even work. Isn't the muse poster in the "filming lounge" Dan's? Why wouldn't that be in HIS apartment if they did live in two different places
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

liola wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:20 pm That tweet is so damn cute and I can't even figure out why. Strong we/our theme once again.

Also I still believe the apartment actually has 3 floors, I stand by that. Makes sense to me, that the filming sets are the lowest, there's a middle one with moonroom, bathroom, some thing else maybe and then a third one with kitchen/lounge. To me it's more plausible than them living separately, which is so :rofl: those boys share everything how would that even work. Isn't the muse poster in the "filming lounge" Dan's? Why wouldn't that be in HIS apartment if they did live in two different places
I actually think the more popular iteration of the two flats theory is that they have one that they (both) live in and one that they film in, not that they live apart.
tymyky
glabella

Hello, long time no see. I barely contribute to the discussion but from time to time the floor plan is discussed (that's the only thing I care about) and I have a theory, that I´ve not seen anybody here mentioned before. What if deppy have three floors instead of two? I just don´t think that the staircase next to the Dan's computer and piano is the same we see Phil climb up with the monster on his back. I've never really thought, that the area with kitchen, table, some chairs and the board games shelf is the same as the one with the sofas and big TV, which we saw in Dan's tweet about watching politics.
I imagine their flat like this:
1st floor - Phil's room, gaming room, bathroom, kitchen and lounge with old sofa;
2nd floor - kitchen they actually use and open space with table, some sofa (chairs and maybe an office corner based on the keyboard clicking in Phil's liveshow), Dan's bedroom and another bathroom;
3rd floor - big private lounge with the TV and Dan's computer and piano.

I even think that it fits with their use of the word "upstairs" when they are in a different parts of the flat. Sorry for this, I just had to share my theory.
Brack
tol bean

The apartment probably does have AT LEAST 3 floors. I do believe it may be a flat conversion that has had two flats merged together at some point in time, hence slightly different furnishings, but they aren't "separate" anymore.

It probably goes (top to bottom) Lounge with kitchen, wood floor -> level with dan's bedroom, prob a bathroom -> white tiled area with phil's room, gaming room, bathroom, maybe 2nd kitchen -> downstairs lounge with filming areas and glass wall, maybe 2nd kitchen is on this floor.
Quoting Dan when they first moved in, "This apartment is on like...9 floors which is super complicated". He was exaggerating with the 9 floors but he wouldn't say that unless there ARE multiple floors not just two lol. Personally think they have 4+
lilabet
philussy
Pronouns: She/Her

alittledizzy wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:30 pm
liola wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:20 pm That tweet is so damn cute and I can't even figure out why. Strong we/our theme once again.

I actually think the more popular iteration of the two flats theory is that they have one that they (both) live in and one that they film in, not that they live apart.
I don't believe in the two flat theory and still think it's just one big apartment. However i love that even with the two flat theory most people still think they actually live together. How times have changed and how positive and optimistic we all are now. It used to be that people would constantly play devils advocate.
Phandom Gives
@phandomgives on social media. Check out the website for the latest information and current donation drive! <3
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

Actual D&P apartment plans
Can't be wrong about saying "upstairs" in the LS
...when everything is upstairs
alch
ar·tic·u·late

this is accurate
LtrllySusan wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:47 pm Actual D&P apartment plans
I'm not personally sold on the two flats theory, so I guess there's three floors? This is all too confusing.
DatCog
blobfish

tymyky wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:34 pm Hello, long time no see. I barely contribute to the discussion but from time to time the floor plan is discussed (that's the only thing I care about) and I have a theory, that I´ve not seen anybody here mentioned before. What if deppy have three floors instead of two? I just don´t think that the staircase next to the Dan's computer and piano is the same we see Phil climb up with the monster on his back. I've never really thought, that the area with kitchen, table, some chairs and the board games shelf is the same as the one with the sofas and big TV, which we saw in Dan's tweet about watching politics.
I imagine their flat like this:
1st floor - Phil's room, gaming room, bathroom, kitchen and lounge with old sofa;
2nd floor - kitchen they actually use and open space with table, some sofa (chairs and maybe an office corner based on the keyboard clicking in Phil's liveshow), Dan's bedroom and another bathroom;
3rd floor - big private lounge with the TV and Dan's computer and piano.

I even think that it fits with their use of the word "upstairs" when they are in a different parts of the flat. Sorry for this, I just had to share my theory.
There's definitely a kitchen in the corner of the big 'private' lounge (which we've now seen more of than the dark walled lounge as featured in Phil's fashion show) and I reckon this is the kitchen they use most of the time. I also think that the only stairs we've ever seen are the ones that were in Phil's photo today which are next to Dan's filming nook with the piano and also in the big lounge. I'm really starting to think that the white-tiled area is separate. If this is the case and they are renting two apartments (one for filming and one for living in), then why are they still doing so when they film more often in the 'living' one? Seems such a waste of money!!
loonyradish
living flop

Brack wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:38 pm The apartment probably does have AT LEAST 3 floors. I do believe it may be a flat conversion that has had two flats merged together at some point in time, hence slightly different furnishings, but they aren't "separate" anymore.

It probably goes (top to bottom) Lounge with kitchen, wood floor -> level with dan's bedroom, prob a bathroom -> white tiled area with phil's room, gaming room, bathroom, maybe 2nd kitchen -> downstairs lounge with filming areas and glass wall, maybe 2nd kitchen is on this floor.
Quoting Dan when they first moved in, "This apartment is on like...9 floors which is super complicated". He was exaggerating with the 9 floors but he wouldn't say that unless there ARE multiple floors not just two lol. Personally think they have 4+
That actually makes a lot of sense. Especially if we consider that they already had three floors in their old apartment. Why should Dan mention that the amount of floors is complicated, if it was less floors than before? So I'd agree that it's at least 3-4 floors. Maybe the two combined flats had two floors each, and were then connected through another staircase?
Although.. I don't know. Four floors sound like a lot. But it's the only thing that'd make sense considering Dan's comment mentioned above.
lilabet
philussy

One things for sure, they are too lazy to have flats in different buildings.
Phandom Gives
@phandomgives on social media. Check out the website for the latest information and current donation drive! <3
loonyradish
living flop

Another confusing thing I noticed - Phil mentioned that they have a balkony. One balkony. If their flat had once been two flats, wouldn't they also have two balkonies? Idk, at least I think it's the norm that every flat in an apartment complex has one?
malday
emo goose

I don't think it's three floors, in Dan's liveshow when the intercom rang and then the door bell it seemed like Phil answered it and got the takeout from downstairs, so the apartment door is downstairs from their liveshow filming areas.

[edit] i'm talking about this liveshow:

at 33:04 is the doorbell and Phil answering it
Last edited by malday on Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
culture666war666
smol bean

Literally had to register there to participate in the apartment discussion.
I’m sorry if I say something stupid but it was so easy to find their previous apartment on some rent sites. I wonder if it’s possible to find their current apartment, floor plans and etc that way considering the fact that this flat has so many specific traits like round walls, glass floor...
or they asked their landlord to take all the photos of their apartment down
Or it’s just the way it works in the UK..
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

culture666war666 wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:20 pm Literally had to register there to participate in the apartment discussion.
I’m sorry if I say something stupid but it was so easy to find their previous apartment on some rent sites. I wonder if it’s possible to find their current apartment, floor plans and etc that way considering the fact that this flat has so many specific traits like round walls, glass floor...
I am sure there are people who are searching for it but for me personally, that is crossing a line to being a stalker. Discussing the floor plan based on what they are sharing is quite fun and hopefully not doing harm, but trying to actually find where they live isn't cool and shouldn't be encouraged.
culture666war666
smol bean

LtrllySusan wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:23 pm
culture666war666 wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:20 pm Literally had to register there to participate in the apartment discussion.
I am sure there are people who are searching for it but for me personally, that is crossing a line to being a stalker. Discussing the floor plan based on what they are sharing is quite fun and hopefully not doing harm, but trying to actually find where they live isn't cool and shouldn't be encouraged.

I got your point but it’s not about finding out their address and stalking them. Just being curious because the more we see the more complicated it seems.
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

culture666war666 wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:35 pm
LtrllySusan wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:23 pm
I got your point but it’s not about finding out their address and stalking them. Just being curious because the more we see the more complicated it seems.
If you were to post their actual floor plans online, finding the source (and with that, the address) is only one reverse google image search away. Sometimes we just have to accept we can't know everything because someone else might abuse the information we find.
Brack
tol bean

malday wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:07 pm I don't think it's three floors, in Dan's liveshow when the intercom rang and then the door bell it seemed like Phil answered it and got the takeout from downstairs, so the apartment door is downstairs from their liveshow filming areas.
Entry to the apartment may be on a middle floor. We know they have at least 2 intercoms on the wall - one in upstairs lounge area and one on the gaming room level (You can see them in Phil's halloween costume vid). Generally you tend to have telephone intercoms for levels where the door isn't. I don't know what I'm really saying though lol
Who knows!

Edit: Just realised the intercoms could also be for opening a front door for street-level entry into the block of flats, if they have that :shrug:
Last edited by Brack on Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lilabet
philussy

loonyradish wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:06 pm Another confusing thing I noticed - Phil mentioned that they have a balkony. One balkony. If their flat had once been two flats, wouldn't they also have two balkonies? Idk, at least I think it's the norm that every flat in an apartment complex has one?
I think he's always said "the balcony" which is neutral enough to cover any number of balcony's.

It could be that what we think are multiple floors are actually really big floors. I doubt it though as London buildings tend to be on the small side and they probably have 4+ floors instead.

I think we might all be assuming that this is all straight up and down when it could be a weird shape. Who knows the entrances could be on different streets and they live on a corner.
Phandom Gives
goingbackto505
*editing tips*

haven't posted here in a while, but I just wanted to say that please, don't look for their address or the floor plans of their apartment, and if you somehow accidentally (and I can't imagine how that could even happen, you'd have to deliberately search for that kind of information) stumble upon anything like that, please, don't post it anywhere online (and if someone else posted their address/other private info, everyone should report the post if possible). it can really harm Dan and Phil, not to mention they deserve to have their privacy and safety. and since they don't want to make an apartment tour video (yet/for now/ever/idk), I personally assume they want us to know as little as possible at the moment.
autumnhearth
senpai

My understanding of the floors:

Top floor: formal lounge with both the piano nook and the kitchen off of it (stairs are in between these two and are the only stairs we have seen)

Middle floor: moon room, main enterance where Tinder spon began (or was it the meming or life? Whichever one Dan was holding a knife in) and maybe a guest room?

Bottom floor(s): everything with white tiles. I still think the slounge and baking kitchen are open to one another and we know the dinof glass closet and gaming room are off of it. The gaming room does have its own hallway that is different from the hallway seen in Dan's uni sketch (which probably has the AP room, a bathroom and broom cupboard) and I have no freaking clue where the room that had the sign "Daniel's Room" on it is, but it's not the moon room. It matches the wood of the white tile areas but doesn't seem to fit the two hallways we've seen)

Edit to add: though I am open to the idea that all of the white tile areas are adjacent to the light wood area, like are on the same level as the moon room but in a unit next door, perhaps with an interior door connecting them. Maybe that's the door in the baking kitchen seen in a Sleepless Night.

Whether horizontal or vertically connected now, I think they were at one time separate units.
Last edited by autumnhearth on Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
malday
emo goose

Brack wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:42 pm
malday wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:07 pm I don't think it's three floors, in Dan's liveshow when the intercom rang and then the door bell it seemed like Phil answered it and got the takeout from downstairs, so the apartment door is downstairs from their liveshow filming areas.
Entry to the apartment may be on a middle floor. We know they have at least 2 intercoms on the wall - one in upstairs lounge area and one on the gaming room level (You can see them in Phil's halloween costume vid). Generally you tend to have telephone intercoms for levels where the door isn't. I don't know what I'm really saying though lol
Who knows!

Edit: Just realised the intercoms could also be for opening a front door for street-level entry into the block of flats, if they have that :shrug:
I considered the entry to the apartment being on a middle floor, but that seems so unusual, especially in an apartment building, unless the lowest floor(the one with the white tile flooring) is some sort of basement level, which we know it's not because it has windows and a balcony.

Tbh, two separate apartments in the same building, although i'm not sold on that theory, makes more sense to me than a multi-floor(3 floors or more) giant one.
hello9217
flower crown

Like I get why people think they have two apartments and it's an easy idea to be sold on but the thing that holds me back on that is why is Phil's room so small. Like even if one apartment is for filming and one is for living then Phil should still have a master bedroom since Dan films in more of an office space and not a bedroom. I always thought that Phil's room and the gaming room were the first floor or more of like a basement because in his sleepless night he walks down stairs to get to his room. Then the second floor is where the door to enter is, the slounge, Dan's filming area, the moon room, and the kitchen. Finally the top floor is dan's desk, a smaller kitchen area and the other lounge. Like why would they have an apartment for filming and one for living if the film in both of them?
hiddenabyss101
tol bean

I've never posted on these threads before, but I'm generally interested in the layout of the apartment too.

One thing I haven't seen anyone mention yet is the fact that they a skylight, so unless the floors are stacked a bit wayward and not entirely on top of one another, there can't be another floor above wherever it is (I don't know what room the wall art in the reflection is in, but knowing might make it easier to figure out the number of floors; it might also be the white table next to the gray couch idk).
DatCog
blobfish

hiddenabyss101 wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:49 pm I've never posted on these threads before, but I'm generally interested in the layout of the apartment too.

One thing I haven't seen anyone mention yet is the fact that they a skylight, so unless the floors are stacked a bit wayward and not entirely on top of one another, there can't be another floor above wherever it is (I don't know what room the wall art in the reflection is in, but knowing might make it easier to figure out the number of floors; it might also be the white table next to the gray couch idk).
I think it's the white kitchen table in the wooden floor kitchen (which is in the upstairs lounge) - I'd assume that this flat is on the top floor of the building. Perhaps they have a penthouse!